Kankeri Japan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Kankeri Japan

Post by Muffinman » 02 Mar 2018 23:44

boyle wrote:
02 Mar 2018 20:40
Does Kenzo still play?
Exactly my reaction, but with more question marks!!!
I'd love to race to the vortex > mobius BSOS, but I'm still taking it easy after my latest injury... I've BSed the link, but never BSOS. One of the best feeling combos I've ever hit I think. Feels amazing! Actually I want to try my own flip pixie challenge too :lol:

Tjuggles
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Tjuggles » 03 Mar 2018 10:45

Kenzo, sadly, does not play anymore. Him, Adam, and Henmo all seem to have stopped. Life got in the way. However, I make sure to send them clips from time to time and ask them if they are kicking, with the hopes that this will keep it in their minds and hopefully they will not stop thinking about it all together. That being said, they are down to kick whenever I head to Japan, so that is good. I feel like I was the glue holding all of us together; When I took off to NZ they seemed to slow down, and then eventually stop.

Having someone to try that combo with would be good motivation. If I haven't hit hit by the time you get over your injury I am keen to do that. Daniel is of course welcome to join too.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 03 Mar 2018 19:38

Yes, I will try, but I'm a looooooonnnggg way off on flip mobius. Everything else is probably ok. So I will work on that for a while. I do similar things, every time I'm in a city I will get in touch with an old player and say, hey do you want to have a kick? And they pretty much always say no, but it can just jog the memory, get them thinking about it and every once in a while they might say, yeah ok.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Mar 2018 12:19

Yeah, me too, my old crew/students (Manna Mpepo, Andrew Grant, Derek Vandall) fell apart when I left Winnipeg :( But they usually down to play when I visit, though Andrew has now moved away also.

Tjuggles
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Tjuggles » 24 Mar 2018 01:24

Muffinman wrote:
07 Mar 2018 12:19
Yeah, me too, my old crew/students (Manna Mpepo, Andrew Grant, Derek Vandall) fell apart when I left Winnipeg :( But they usually down to play when I visit, though Andrew has now moved away also.
I guess that is just the way things turn out for some of us. I posted a video in the vids section, but just to increase the points people can see it, I will post it here too.

TJ Boutorwick

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Apr 2018 07:53

Nice shuffle at the end there. Your style is so slow motion. Crazy. Also, great juggling! I can juggle both sides but can't do that transition between them very well

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 22 Apr 2018 08:04

Sweet foot juggling! Also watching your gyros/spins for educational purposes.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Tjuggles
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Tjuggles » 01 May 2019 01:38

So, as of nine weeks ago I have been working as a learning adviser. I have changed my kicking schedule to three days a week, approximately 30-60 mins each time. Additionally, most weeks we have hack on the weekends. Life is good.
TJ Boutorwick

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 May 2019 00:35

Sounds like you are playing a lot! I want more video!