Vancouver Freestyle Footbag Scene

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Lopes18
Hack Fiend

Vancouver Freestyle Footbag Scene

Post by Lopes18 » 25 Sep 2008 16:26

Hey,

There are 4 people that I know who are active freestyle footbag players who live in Vancouver.

Kevin Regeamey
Caro
Alex Venis
myself (Jeff Lopes)

Wanting to know if there are any others out there? Wanting to get a list made up and if we are staying for a while if we want to post a club on footbag.org.

Cheers,
Jeff
<- The video that got me into footbag freestyle. "The Torch's style is superbly technical, and in this clip he hits legbeaters and blurs all over the place."

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/392

Brian
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Brian » 25 Sep 2008 17:14

Glad to see you playing again Jeff :wink:

If I am ever in the Vancouver area I'll be sure to bring my footbag gear and have a session with you guys. Sounds like the start of something good out there :!:

edit: On another note, I still remember visiting the Kelowna Footbag Club website way back in the day, when you had pictures of yourself playing footbag in your graduation gear. :P High school grad no doubt, oh so long ago now! Probably one of the first club websites that I had visited. 8)
Brian Johnson

stephanos
Hack Fiend

Post by stephanos » 26 Sep 2008 12:23

lol, gear.
zito ellas
Stephanos Salzman

Lopes18
Hack Fiend

Post by Lopes18 » 26 Sep 2008 15:26

Yeah its good to be back. Good old KFC (not the chicken!). We had a few good tournaments in Kelowna, nothing big.

But yeah, pm me for my number if you are in the area.

Hopefully others will find this post and let me know and Im thinking of hosting a Jam as some winnipeg players may come over, Seattle would as well as Victoria and we would have some awesome shred footage.
<- The video that got me into footbag freestyle. "The Torch's style is superbly technical, and in this clip he hits legbeaters and blurs all over the place."

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/392

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 28 Sep 2008 00:05

If you post this earlier than I would put my name there too =[ o well.
Vancovuer rain toooooooo much, better play before octber or u gotta find place and play indoor :?
kungho

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 01 Oct 2008 04:08

By the way, I remembered I often met up with Erik Chan's brother in vancouver while shredding on the 41st and collingwood street in dunbar. Then we played a little, so may be you guys can meet him up.
kungho

Pirrotta
Shredalicious

Post by Pirrotta » 08 Dec 2011 05:47

Any update on the Vancouver footbag scene?. I checked out the local club and they look inactive and net based. I was at kitsilano beach maybe 6-8 times this summer and didn't even see a hacky sack circle. A city of roughly 2.5 mil you would think there's a few players out there haha.
Antonio Pirrotta

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 08 Dec 2011 08:14

They all went inactive :(. Too much rain and dirt mud everywhere, wait till summer may better.
kungho