alternative shoes for footbag

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
boyle
Post Master General

Re: alternative shoes for footbag

Post by boyle » 19 Jul 2013 22:47

Hi Jeremy - What shoes did you have at the 2002 New South Wales Championships? I believe they were some kind of Puma or Slazenger (something non Laver)....pretty sure I had similar shoes beforehand. Of course this was a long time ago, you may have just had Lavers and I didn't realise.

Yes, thank you old mate CKSA something something for the reamification.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Jul 2013 04:53

Correct Danny Boyle. They were just Puma runners. Had an OK inside but terrible toe. I think at that event I footed Assassin many many times, then Brendan gave me his old lavers and I hit it straight away.

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 20 Jul 2013 08:17

CRKDMike wrote:I remember in my kenny shultz video, he was using Le Coq Sportif shoes. Another great example that there are many types of shoes that are great for freestyle footbag, and some of them will be (or already are) discontinued. You can cry about it, or move on and experiment with new shoes since there are SOOOO many new models coming out on a daily basis. Maybe I'll do a review on shoes next instead of footbags...
Le Coqs were the first footbag shoe I bought. Kenny was wearing those because at the time they were considered the best - and then Lavers were discovered.

And, most players are consistently trying out new shoes that have similar attributes to Lavers (and the attributes you pointed out). And as pointed out, several shoes have been adopted over the years. G Units are still popular. Not to mention Quantum and Nucleus (shoes designed specifically for footbag - but fairly expensive due to limited production and also still lacking in some areas for some kickers.) I also had a pair of Gravis I bought to kick in because the had some decent attributes.

Most people end up back at Lavers because overall they tend to have the best attributes to help people advance at footbag and they are a great suggestion for people looking for good shoes to kick in. Kudos to you for finding something else that works for you and fits your style.
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 21 Jul 2013 08:58

Jeremy wrote:Correct Danny Boyle. They were just Puma runners. Had an OK inside but terrible toe. I think at that event I footed Assassin many many times, then Brendan gave me his old lavers and I hit it straight away.
I actually had the same shoes in that era, though I think at that competition I may have had a pair of skate shoes. That was a long time ago though...