Lookin' To Get A New Bag

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Derek
Fearless

Lookin' To Get A New Bag

Post by Derek » 09 Aug 2012 14:44

I have a Bear bag and a FuNBagZ from Polini so far, and I have been wanting to get another higher quality 32 panel. There are SO many to choose from that I am honestly a bit undecided on what to get. I'd be willing to spend up to $40 on one, and I prefer less weight than some(55-65 G's). Just wondering if anyone can point me towards the right direction, as of now, an Abshire bag is lookin' mighty fancy.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

MathieuGM
Fearless

Re: Lookin' To Get A New Bag

Post by MathieuGM » 09 Aug 2012 23:22

hey!
I would highly recommand you Haniabags, especially if you don't like really heavy bags :).
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... &start=700
I have played with bags from most of the stitcher, and i personnaly prefer Haniabags. I also like Bear bags :).
I wouldn't recommand Abshirebags. Abshire is a great guy, but from my experience his bag take longer to break in and are not as even as Bear bags or Hania bags :).
Hope this help!
Mat

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Aug 2012 06:28

Nathan Pipenberg also makes excellent bags, and cheaper than most other quality 32s as well. If you go to USO, I will have a few of his bags for sale there too.

Other bags that I really like include: Hania, Waylon, and Brian Bear. But really, its hard to go wrong now with all the quality stitchers out there.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 11 Aug 2012 08:55

If you haven't already made a decision, consider checking out the link in my signature. I have 3 bags for sale right now.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 11 Aug 2012 09:11

It's pretty much a decision between a Hania and a Pipenberg, with Pipenberg at a slight advantage due to price. I should be getting some money today, so tomorrow at some point I'll be ordering one. Might even end up getting both. Muchos gracias Mathieu, Ken, and Nathan!

P.S. Ken- Probabaly won't be making it to USO sadly :?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Post by xsisbest » 13 Aug 2012 20:56

Just to add my 2 cents.. D Bags have been amazing for me. They are a bit more than most but are very durable and I've never seen any leakage. The stitching is top notch. You can get them here:
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22988

But like others said.. everyone stitching here makes supreme bags. You really can't go wrong. I've had Bear bags and Hania bags, Zach Hoffa bags and all are extremely nice bags.
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Aug 2012 20:57

C-Fan wrote:Nathan Pipenberg also makes excellent bags, and cheaper than most other quality 32s as well. If you go to USO, I will have a few of his bags for sale there too.

Hell yeah. I second that. Buy bags from Nate. They are top notch.

Ken, what do you mean you will have a few of his bags for sale??? I thought Nate was going to be at USO?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 19 Aug 2012 07:28

I have about 15 bear bags. Obviously the stitcher i prefer. Some of his hybrid microsuede has tore more easily and some hasn't. Some of them aren't broken in perfect right away. However, I'm pretty much set for life because 8 or so are fantastic. I also bought a medium Hania bag at worlds 2010 and after two years of break in, (yes it's lasted through a whole lot of sessions) it's absolute juice right now.. most of the fabric on this bag was thicker but it stilled played decent at first, but it broke in amazingly.

Obviously if you get the chance to go to a pretty big tournament, scout out the stitchers and take a look at their bags..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Aug 2012 10:03

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Ken, what do you mean you will have a few of his bags for sale??? I thought Nate was going to be at USO?
Nate can't make USO unfortunately. I'll have 5 of his bags for sale, though after I sell the 4th one the last will become a prize bag. So find me on Saturday early for the best selection.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 21 Aug 2012 12:22

I ended up going with a Hania and a Pipenberg. I rather enjoy the Hania, especially the filler, but I'm still waiting on my Pipenberg(which looks like The Hulk! 8) ).
Swizzle wrote:I have about 15 bear bags.
Hella jealous, I cannot wait to own that many for myself.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield