Send Lotus Footbags

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Send Lotus Footbags

Post by Jeremy » 14 Jan 2014 14:23

Recently Lotus, an iconic Australian footbagger, lost his house and everything in it in a large bushfire. Thankfully he and his family evacuated in time.

Being a bit of a hippy, he's been deliberately possessionless in the past, and claims to not want things or money (although there is a MyCause you can donate to here).

However one of the big losses was his footbag collection and custom made display shelf;

I thought it would be an awesome idea if people with spare bags and people who stitch could help rebuild that collection. Over the years Lotus has made many selfless contributions to footbag in Australia, sponsoring and helping to organise many events. He's also put in a huge amount of work designing very good but mass produced freestyle bags. He's been one of the most influential footbaggers in my life, and the footbagger I've known for the longest.

If people want to mail bags, or anything else you think he'd appreciate, to me, then I'll collect it all and pass it on when he has a fixed address again. If you're happy to send him anything then send me a PM and I'll send you my postal address.

Thanks in advance :)

boyle
Post Master General

Re: Send Lotus Footbags

Post by boyle » 15 Jan 2014 03:44

Great idea Jeremy, what a shame to lose all that (and everything else) in a fire.