War on Iraq

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Should the US go to war with Iraq

Absolutly, the lives of civillian Iraqs are less important than cheap petrol
3%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, but only with Security Council support
9%
No, war is evil
64%

Total votes: 58

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Feb 2003 15:45

we usually lock the doors at night. thats pretty much it. when everyone is sleeping. do you have to lock the door every time you walk inside or outside in the usa??

edit: i replied to something. but now i cant find what it is i replied to.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 09 Feb 2003 17:30

yes there is like a million homicides per day, even in iowa city where the crime rate is -3.

in japan there are like 5 murders per year its pretty funny
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 09 Feb 2003 18:20

5 murders a year? Where the hell did you get THAT information. That doesn't sound right to me.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 09 Feb 2003 19:11

he said "LIKE 5 murders. . . " obvioulsy speaking of a much lower crime rate than here. . .do be so litteral.
he just speaking metiforicly.

FUCK WAR!
and the milatary.
Superprofundo on the early eve of your day!
...*sniff* ". . . I miss my cupcake!"

Dustin Camper

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 09 Feb 2003 19:33

i saw it in a book. how many would you say there are in the US?
-Aldous Huxley

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 09 Feb 2003 19:37

Over 11 000 just by gun, on Bowling for Columbine they said there are 39 gun deaths in Japan annually (obviously not an exact number but y'know).
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 09 Feb 2003 19:54

haha good point dustin. apologies are due, matt. i'm sorry.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 09 Feb 2003 20:01

ahh i remember it was in "give a boy a gun". thats a book about some kids they take guns to school. They dont kill anyone though, but they shoot out this guys kneecaps.
-Aldous Huxley

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 10 Feb 2003 18:38

/
LinoSphere wrote:It's a war for peace, a war against terrorism, it's saving the world from future terrorist attacks, a peace mission.... whatever blabla. We've heard it all a million times and I for one am SICK of it.
Alot of people think that this has evolved into a different agenda. Personally, as an American (a highly entertained, least-informed person[news sucks]), I still dont feel like justice has been served for 9/11.

Second of all, It seems like nobody here is willing to fight for any reason, even for peace. You guys who think this way are cowards in my opinion. Im sorry but peace has to be defended sometimes. If everyone just stood by and did nothing, some crazy wako could take over the entire world with barely any effort.

You guys must hate the movie Star Wars. Would if the rebellion did nothing? Or Lord of the rings, or whatever? They were always fighting. Its the old good vs. evil thing, which you guys seem to not really care about.

And if The United States is the evil one, you guys should be doing something to elliminate us, or else your the cowards! Of course that would be quite difficult since we have so much POWER. MMMWWUUUAAAAA HAHAHAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!! :twisted:

What other country could drop a nuclear bomb on another, and now that same country is in LOVE with westernized culture. Come-on people i can see it now. Lets turn the middle east into a big historical theme park!
You anti war-guys bitch now, but in 50 years you'll thank us...

In my opinion the best thing that could happen is the entire world should be destroyed with only footbaggers left to inhabit it!!! YAAAYYY!!! hehe jk.
Last edited by wicked on 10 Feb 2003 21:30, edited 2 times in total.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 10 Feb 2003 18:44

HAHAHAHHA i dont care what i said before thats SO COOL! i was thinking about when I play that game civilization.. im SOOO evil

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 10 Feb 2003 18:52

AHAHHAA

civilization 2 or 3? 2 is sooooo much better. I remember one of my best games was against them damn carthaginians
-Aldous Huxley

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 10 Feb 2003 19:02

wicked wrote:
Second of all, It seems like nobody here is willing to fight for any reason, even for peace. You guys who think this way are cowards in my opinion. Im sorry but peace has to be defended sometimes. If everyone just stood by and did nothing, some crazy wako could take over the entire world with barely any effort.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.
Last edited by Rob on 11 Feb 2003 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

dan
Fearless

Post by dan » 11 Feb 2003 06:08

ok then. lets start the crusades again!anyone who does not believe in jesus has to be killed. :evil:

the human brain has the chance to develop. where is the point in doing the same fucking "fighting for peace" shit over and over again. didnt the past promise this inst the way it goes :?:
Daniel Neufeld
- footbagsport.de-Team -
- SFW -

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 11 Feb 2003 08:21

rob... you are even MORE genius... calex.. thinking of you

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 11 Feb 2003 19:54

who else thinks there is gonna be more terror attacks on the US this weekend? Osama released another tape today and i think it was the "go ahead" for all the shit

we deserve it as stated so many times in this thread tho
-Aldous Huxley

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 12 Feb 2003 01:15

wicked wrote: Alot of people think that this has evolved into a different agenda. Personally, as an American (a highly entertained, least-informed person[news sucks]), I still dont feel like justice has been served for 9/11. .
What would be justice Eric? Justice does not come in the form of retribution. What you seek is revenge.

"Revenge proves its own executioner. " - John Ford

"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness." - Josh Billings
wicked wrote: Second of all, It seems like nobody here is willing to fight for any reason, even for peace. You guys who think this way are cowards in my opinion. Im sorry but peace has to be defended sometimes. If everyone just stood by and did nothing, some crazy wako could take over the entire world with barely any effort.
"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." - Mohandas Gandhi

"However much I may sympathise with and admire worthy motives, I am an uncompromising opponent of violent methods even to serve the noblest of causes." - Mohandas Gandhi

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. " - Mohandas Gandhi
wicked wrote:You guys must hate the movie Star Wars. Would if the rebellion did nothing? Or Lord of the rings, or whatever? They were always fighting. Its the old good vs. evil thing, which you guys seem to not really care about.
These are *movies* Eric. Step into reality.
wicked wrote:And if The United States is the evil one, you guys should be doing something to elliminate us, or else your the cowards! Of course that would be quite difficult since we have so much POWER.
Why does someone have to be "eliminated"? What is this blood-lust?

The citizens of the US are no more "evil" than the citizens of Iraq.
wicked wrote: What other country could drop a nuclear bomb on another, and now that same country is in LOVE with westernized culture.
As you are such an excellent example, propaghanda is a very effective tool. That being said, we could use this as a *perfect* example to completely level your entire argument! Thanks!

If Japan is able to forgive the US for the grave atrocity of leveling Hiroshima and Nagasaki(murdering close to a half *million* innocent people), then maybe you should take a lesson from these esteemed people and learn how to forgive yourself, Mr. Windsor.
wicked wrote: Come-on people i can see it now. Lets turn the middle east into a big historical theme park!
This is SO NOT FUNNY. Your depraved indifference towards the loss of human life is astounding. I don't care if you were joking. This comment is inappropriate and straight-up sickening :x

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 12 Feb 2003 01:27

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 15 Feb 2003 17:15

Justice hasn't been served for 9/11? Over 20,000 Afghanistanies are dead. Including over 500 children who picked up unexploded cluster bombs (little yellow canisters, not to be confused with the food rations the US also dropped in little yellow canisters...) What do you want for justice?

If everbody did nothing nobody could take over the world - they would have nobody to fight for them. If someone hits me, I find it much much harder not to hit them back. War is easy, you just react with death, peace is hard and takes thought and time. I believe a coward is someone you takes the easiest way out because it is the easiest way.

The rebels in Star Wars are what George Bush would call terrorists yet I don't think you hate the movie. Life is not so simple good and bad/evil. Everybody thinks they are fighting on the good side. Should the person to adjudicate on that do so just because they are the most powerful? Does power give you the right to decide what is good and bad? Hitler had power...
wicked wrote: Alot of people think that this has evolved into a different agenda. Personally, as an American (a highly entertained, least-informed person[news sucks]), I still dont feel like justice has been served for 9/11.

You guys must hate the movie Star Wars. Would if the rebellion did nothing? Or Lord of the rings, or whatever? They were always fighting. Its the old good vs. evil thing, which you guys seem to not really care about.

And if The United States is the evil one, you guys should be doing something to elliminate us, or else your the cowards! Of course that would be quite difficult since we have so much POWER. MMMWWUUUAAAAA HAHAHAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!! :twisted:

What other country could drop a nuclear bomb on another, and now that same country is in LOVE with westernized culture. Come-on people i can see it now. Lets turn the middle east into a big historical theme park!

In my opinion the best thing that could happen is the entire world should be destroyed with only footbaggers left to inhabit it!!! YAAAYYY!!! hehe jk.

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 21 Feb 2003 04:31

Dear Eric Windsor, once again you have proven yourself as lacking intelligence, political insight and humanity. I have a strong feeling of dislike towards you now.

So much for the personal part. Allan already served the political content.
Matthias Lino Schmidt

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 22 Feb 2003 16:30