A Modified Challenge

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

If you feel Modified is worse off now than ever before, why is it so?

Because of people posting disrespectful things
41%
Because of people posting incorrect information
3%
Because Modified's community has grown
21%
Because forums tend to draw introverted troglodytes
34%

Total votes: 29

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 07 Dec 2006 08:42

The more you type, the more hypocritical you look Switch. What don't you understand about that?

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 07 Dec 2006 08:57

going for humor on that one too? well either way you did achieve it, because im laughing, though you could hardly say with you.

you should spend more time trying to come up with examples that explain your position more accurately...i dont understand the traumatic color experience you reference in the least...
Bitch Non-kicker wrote:All I have to do, is come on here, post something laid back, and stupid, and you guys get just so pissed off it's hilarious.
doesnt piss me off in the least. generally just ignore it, or use it to make fun of you for my own entertainment. im glad you can entertain both of us at the same time. to be less directed towards this kid, it doesnt bother me when anyone posts any type of nonsense. i dont think its a big deal, no need to get all pissed off. just let it go, laugh it off, or make fun of them. that way its always a personal victory.

And the reason I don't venture into footbag related topics, is because no body is there, because you're all here, beating off to the fact that you can discuss philosophy using words that half of you don't understand simply because you think it sounds good or sophisticated.
wow, all these big words are getting me so hot. because that makes sense.
And no, I don't graduate high school till June.
THat's what you fucking dingle berries are going to turn into. Wanna be stuck up snobs, but a hell of a lot more poor.
both of those are telling me the exact same thing. someone should tell your high school teachers that you cant even spell on a 6th grade level.

bam. see? entertainment.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 07 Dec 2006 12:05

If you don't care, and you ignore it, then why did you just make an entire post devoted to it? Can you ignore something that annoys you slapdash? If I'm doing something that pisses you off, the it's obviously annoying you, and I'm obviously pissing you off with my sheer "stupidity," otherwise you wouldn't feel compelled to respond. lol.

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 07 Dec 2006 12:58

If you kids want attention so bad you could try cutting yourselves and leaving a lot of bloody band-aids around for your parents to find. It'll probably get a "better" response than any of the nonsense being posted in here.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 07 Dec 2006 18:42

the dood wrote:If you don't care, and you ignore it, then why did you just make an entire post devoted to it? Can you ignore something that annoys you slapdash? If I'm doing something that pisses you off, the it's obviously annoying you, and I'm obviously pissing you off with my sheer "stupidity," otherwise you wouldn't feel compelled to respond. lol.
the other one wrote:If you kids want attention so bad you could try cutting yourselves and leaving a lot of bloody band-aids around for your parents to find. It'll probably get a "better" response than any of the nonsense being posted in here.
:lol:
uh yes

and yes.

but dammit i got a cease and desist in regards to my input into this thread on account of not contributing to the actual topic. well just for the record:

1. this rarely enforced policy regarding "flaming" is not one that i, as a member of the community, support. though i dont feel like people are really listening when people complain that the level of moderation really is starting to seem somewhat oppresive and unnecessary. it really just comes down to me thinking that nonsensical posts are ok. doesnt really hurt anyone, not a big deal. and not being able to make real decisions about that hurts the community.

2. shouldnt a thread completely about flaming contain some flaming? maybe use as example? yeah no?
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 08 Dec 2006 00:15

oh my GOD switch, you get dumber with every post! :lol:

It's really amazing how many times you contradicted yourself in that post, or wrote something completely ridiculous.

You are a poor petty little boy and you need to get over yourself...
I don't understand you people.
No, you don't do you. You really don't. And you never will. Shoo fly.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 08 Dec 2006 07:29

Jeremy O'Wheelj made some good points to me on MSN and now my stance is officially "I don't give a shit what happens, I am happy either way."
:)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 08 Dec 2006 07:47

Tsiangkun wrote:Mods frequently move topics they want to kill to the discussion forum.

The lack of editing seems to stifle the free expression that made this place great. Sure it can be abused, but as a community, we have handled it well in the past.

I expect now that this has been moved, the comments will die quickly.

I've seen the mods use this technique frequently on topics in the kicking circle, and then watched the thread subsequently die.
thought this was funny, simply because it's from page 1.
A.G.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 08 Dec 2006 11:40

james_dean wrote:oh my GOD switch, you get dumber with every post! :lol:

It's really amazing how many times you contradicted yourself in that post, or wrote something completely ridiculous.

You are a poor petty little boy and you need to get over yourself...
I don't understand you people.
No, you don't do you. You really don't. And you never will. Shoo fly.
Contradiction you say? How so? I never said anything about my ability to ignore someone else's posts. I know I can't, lol. I didn't contradict myself once in that post. And writing something completely ridiculous, is an opinion, and like assholes, everyone has one, but this time, yours just doesn't matter; simply because I said so. And now the conversation is between you and me, and if I say your opinion doesn't matter, then it doesn't, because it's between you and me, and if I don't like what you say, i don't have to listen to it, meaning that anything you say, will fall on deaf ears. So what are you trying to change? What's the point of your post? I'd love to know.

I am not a Petty Warrant Officer, I am not a Petty Officer, I am not an official petty anything, which includes a "petty boy." Sorry that you're wrong?

I'm not poor either. I'm not rich, I'm well-to-do. Unless you were talking to me in a sympathetic tone, in that case, I'm not poor either. I have a very positive outtake on life. I go to school, I talk to friends at school, I go to work, which is a friendly environment as well, I go home to a family with 3 syblings (SP?), and parents, all of which love me even if Lauren and I can't stop arguing about stupid shit, and I am generally in a very cheerful mood throughout the day even if it's not exactly going my way. And I"m sorry that I must just fuck up your day (Judgment passed based on just how sever and outrageous your reactions are.) with these little messages I post on here.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a man, because I have yet to finish my military training, but I'm not a boy either. Either way, you're statement was wrong.

I wouldn't say I get more dumb with every post, maybe more mentally tired, because you get more and more tired as teh day progresses and these messages take 3-5 minutes of my time... so that's 1.5-2.5 minutesof sleep that I would have to do to make up that time... I dont' know what you're getting at. :?

Thanks for the inaccurate input James. But I suggest you get off the pipe... it's messing with your ability to think clearly on here. :wink:

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 08 Dec 2006 11:46

And ef why eye... I'm not your god dude... I dont' beleive in god. So I certainly am not your god. I think it might be cool to be your god, because then I could simply fix your mental problem, which would make it morally ok for me to strike you down with lightning fallowed by several tons of dirty, bloody, and sweat pig skins... But I'm not, so I can't do that. I'm sorry if this disappoints you. I hope you find another faith though.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 08 Dec 2006 13:31

switch Kicker wrote:I have no self esteem, and therefore use the internet to lash out at people I'll never meet, and can pretend to have a spine and/or life.
This is actually a translation, for those of us who don't speak troll. Luckily I took a course in the subject, and now can decipher pointless gibberish with ease. You can thank me in footbags. Orange/red/light blue/animal print are my favorite colours.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 08 Dec 2006 19:00

Thanks for the translation Adam, I was having real trouble understanding until then. I don't have animal print, sorry... I forgot to order it. But I think I have the others, so I'll see what I can do :)

And uhh... switch?

Um, OK. Right. Taking everything I say absolutely completely literally just makes you look like an idiot... you realise this, right?

I'm not sure what the God post was about, I'm sorry for using a turn of phrase I'll be careful not to do so in the future :? Gibberish really is the right word for what you post. Man, you must have been damn tired.

beating off to the fact that you can discuss philosophy using words that half of you don't understand simply because you think it sounds good or sophisticated. Get the fuck off your high horse, and quit with the act
Why the fuck do you care, what I say on these boards? Why? I don't get it.
Well, why do you care what we say on these boards? **CONTRADICTION**
Get the fuck over all your minor inconveniences, and just fucking talk about footbag.
Coming from you? And again, why do YOU care what we say on these boards? **CONTRADICTION**
And the reason I don't venture into footbag related topics, is because no body is there, because you're all here
How would you know? You're not there. For your information, you're wrong. **RIDICULOUS**
beating off to the fact that you can discuss philosophy using words that half of you don't understand simply because you think it sounds good or sophisticated
Talk about uninformed. Unlike you, some people here enjoy intelligent discussion. Why do you think we don't understand what we're saying? Just because you don't? No one's acting here. Why is it your business what we want to discuss anyway? **RIDICULOUS**
It's people like you, that make society fucking suck
People discussing philosophy make society suck? Funny, I thought it was random morons running around pissing people off on purpose and spreading rumours made society suck... but I guess I'm wrong. Thanks for enlightening me. **RIDICULOUS**
"We can't say this or that, because it would be improper, or inappropriate." Or, "We can't misspell words, because that doesn't look proper."
I have no idea where you get this from. If it's people being dissed for misspelling words... that's a common strategy in arguing and it occurs when the person doesn't have a strong enough argument, so they find something else to pick on, hoping it will discredit the opposition. That has nothing to do with being stuck up.
Wanna be stuck up snobs, but a hell of a lot more poor
Dude. We're footbaggers. Stuck up? :lol: Also when is it your duty to judge our financial situation? I have a very good job with awesome career prospects, I don't plan on being poor :)

2. Saying your opinion is completely ridiculous, is my opinion, and therefore has just as much weight as your opinions. **CONTRADICTION**

3. The point of my post? I won't be happy until you either learn to act like with some shred of respect towards others, or leave. I cannot recall a single positive input from you, ever. This place would be better without you and you a very selfish and immature. You are a leech.

4. I don't know or care who you are in real life. I know the online switch kicker, and I know that if I was a violent person, I'd probably want to beat the crap out of him for being such a moron. Everyone is different online, but the fact of the matter is, it's still you and you are pathetic.

You don't fuck up my day. You don't even fuck up modified. You just make it a worse place than it would be without you. The only downside to you leaving, is I wouldn't get to call you out so often on being such a contadictory moron. Which I've gotta say, is quite fun :)

I wouldn't say I get more dumb with every post
Let me clarify: The logic in your posts degrades considerably more every time. Also it was a turn of phrase, not meant to be taken completely literally.

6. Suggest I get off the pipe? What is it with you and "you guys are all stoner fools" anyway? You bring that up relatively often. One second we're stuck up snobs (footbaggers? right...) and the next we're pot smoking hippies. For your information (I'm not sure what "ef why eye" is...) I've never smoked a joint in my life.

7. As you said earlier... my statement was an opinion. In my opinion, you are a poor petty little boy. I think you are poor because you feel you have to come on here on be an ass pissing people off. This is also why I think you are petty. You are a little boy because, no matter what your age, you are extremely immature.
This was a colossul (SP?) waste of time
Everything you write on this forum is a waste of time.

You should read Adam's translation very carefully switch. It's an extremely accurate one. Wake up to yourself.

Bloggy

Challenge

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 09 Dec 2006 00:21

I am not even a big part of this community. But do you think some one could delete this thread. I think its bad for footbag, and maybe people would learn to just send private messages?
Tom Stepek

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 Dec 2006 09:38

tstep84 wrote:I think its bad for footbag
Oh lol, yes I base the decision on what sport I play on how kids on internet forums about that sport behave. That's why I played Australian Rules Football for half my life. :roll:

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 09 Dec 2006 15:53

and who exactly says whats "good" for footbag? what if i think switch continuing to think his opinions are anything but asinine is bad for footbag? i think this thread is important.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 09 Dec 2006 20:05

slapdash21 wrote:and who exactly says whats "good" for footbag? what if i think switch continuing to think his opinions are anything but asinine is bad for footbag? i think this thread is important.

Bloggy

Challenge

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 10 Dec 2006 22:41

I think its bad for footbag b/c threads turn into arguments which are unrelated the thread topic. people get attacked, and some times it broadcasts this forum as one that u will be scrutinized for the tiniest thing, like a spelling mistake or something assonine.
Tom Stepek

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 11 Dec 2006 04:30

and how exactly is that BAD for FOOTBAG? you didnt respond to what i said at all. what if i want the forum to be exactly how it is, with plenty of footbag discussion but also plenty of people making fun of each other? as a member of the community i have as much say as anyone else as to what the forum should be like. and for footbag itself, if you think threads like this one damage footbag at all, you're wrong. besides the fact that, like i said two posts above, why would you ever assume that everyone has the same 'goals' for footbag, or intention for how it should be?
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 11 Dec 2006 04:32

and the reason i said you didnt respond to what i said at all is because you tried to connect two completely disconnected ideas. its like saying "im good at bowling because chipmunks store nuts in their cheeks"
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 11 Dec 2006 04:36

Well that's not really valid in this situation. He didn't make a typo or write something we marginally disagree with. He purposely goes around making trouble here. He needs to be told, repeatedly, until he understands.

I'm not hating on you cause you have good intentions, but generally, butting in and saying "CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS?!" is only gonna get you flamed. Word of warning ;)

Bloggy

Challenge