Vegetarianism lol

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Vegetarianism lol

Post by Blue_turnip » 03 Jul 2007 17:30

My sister is a vegetarian and it pisses me off because she never cooks me meals with meat in them.

Vegetarians?
Oliver Adams

DJJAZZYJEFF
Shredalicious

Post by DJJAZZYJEFF » 03 Jul 2007 17:34

Vegetarian dishes can be really good without meat in them. Just enjoy all of the flavors and textures that may be different than what you're used to. Either that or learn to cook.

I myself am vegan. My entire family went vegetarian when i was 9yrs old. I hated it at first, but after about 6 months i gave in. After about 9 years of being vegetarian i decided it was time to give it all up, and have been really happy about the change.
~Jeff Hastings

DJJAZZYJEFF
Shredalicious

Post by DJJAZZYJEFF » 03 Jul 2007 17:38

Sorry for the double post...my edit button seems to be missing.

Don't expect your sister to cook meat for you. It is disgusting for a vegetarian to eat out of a pan that has been used to cook meat. Some migt not mind it, but I cannot stand having meat on my dishes. It's just something you need to learn to respect and live with.
~Jeff Hastings

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Jul 2007 18:35

Yeah for some reason my Mum often used to cook vegetarian meals, which annoyed me too, especially because she's not a vegetarian.

I'm a defacto vegetarian these days, because I'm too lazy to cook anything that doesn't take more than 5 minutes (so I hardly eat any meat).

My favourite meat to eat is lamb, because it tastes awesome, and they're cute when they're alive.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 03 Jul 2007 19:07

Today i was at the fair, and me and some buddies were speculating as to whether this little horse was a mini pony, a pony, a donkey, or something else. The breeder chimed in and side "Its a mule"

to which i replied "They all taste the same in the end"
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 03 Jul 2007 19:07

I'm not making her cook my meal, but she does it even when she knows i'll dislike all the mushrooms aqnd tofu she'll throw in.
Jeremy wrote: My favourite meat to eat is lamb, because it tastes awesome, and they're cute when they're alive.
Hilarious :P
Oliver Adams

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 03 Jul 2007 19:08

HG wrote:Today i was at the fair, and me and some buddies were speculating as to whether this little horse was a mini pony, a pony, a donkey, or something else. The breeder chimed in and side "Its a mule"

to which i replied "They all taste the same in the end"
lol :)
Oliver Adams

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 03 Jul 2007 20:33

I'm mostly vegetarian these days, for ethical reasons. It was a very slow drift. I don't think it's wrong to eat animals, really, but neither do I think it's a very kind lifestyle.

I still eat any meat that's served to me if I'm a guest at someone's house, and I still can't wrap my head around the idea of bringing anything other than a giant steak to a BBQ, but I've cut meat from my regular grocery shopping.

I doubt I would consider putting a prepubescent child of mine on a vegetarian diet. Out of curiosity, Jeff, how tall are you? ;)
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

DJJAZZYJEFF
Shredalicious

Post by DJJAZZYJEFF » 03 Jul 2007 22:00

I'm 5'10". It's really a myth that vegetarians don't get enough nutrients. As long as you eat a diverse diet you can get enough of all the good things you need.
~Jeff Hastings

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 04 Jul 2007 00:01

meat.... lamb, cow, bull, rabbit, chicken, ostrich, goose, horse, pig, fish (many, many, others I'm forgetting), my absolute all time favorite: duck, animals are just SO good.

I fully respect people who don't eat meat, but reciprocally, I expect them to not make a big deal out of my meat eating habits.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 04 Jul 2007 00:49

max wrote:meat.... lamb, cow, bull, rabbit, chicken, ostrich, goose, horse, pig, fish (many, many, others I'm forgetting), my absolute all time favorite: duck, animals are just SO good.

I fully respect people who don't eat meat, but reciprocally, I expect them to not make a big deal out of my meat eating habits.
I love duck, especially peking duck
Oliver Adams

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 04 Jul 2007 03:22

Blue_turnip wrote:
max wrote:meat.... lamb, cow, bull, rabbit, chicken, ostrich, goose, horse, pig, fish (many, many, others I'm forgetting), my absolute all time favorite: duck, animals are just SO good.

I love duck, especially peking duck
Well I'm French and have a certain pride when it comes to French cuisine, but I must agree that peking style duck is hands down the bet dish ever. It is unfortunately very hard to find restaurants that do it correctly (usually needs to be ordered 24h in advance). Sorry for the hijack.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 04 Jul 2007 08:23

Jeff, did your parents make you become a vegetarian?
Danny P.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Jul 2007 09:08

Save a cow.....eat a vegetarian.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 04 Jul 2007 09:32

you know the thread is going to be good when turnip is already writing lol in the subject line.

sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 04 Jul 2007 09:35

max wrote:I fully respect people who don't eat meat, but reciprocally, I expect them to not make a big deal out of my meat eating habits.
Precisely, I eat meat and I'm damned proud of it. I don't expect vegetarians to change their ways, and I don't expect them to push their ways onto me.

Animals are on the planet for a reason, plants are on the planet for a reason.

Has anyone tried alligator or ostrich? Ugh, so damn good. Grizzly bear too....I bet kangaroo would be good... tough though...
As the universe is curved, there cannot be a straight answer...

-Robert Baker-

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Jul 2007 09:40

I've had gator-jerky.........super salty and super tasty. :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 04 Jul 2007 10:56

salmon jerky is the grossest stuff i've ever tasted

but i like normal salmon

anyone eaten chinchilla?
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Jul 2007 12:34

Turnip.....can you change the title of this thread to "Meat Appreciation", as that is what it has become. :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Jul 2007 12:35

Damn....discussion forum......no edit button to change topic line....never mind. :?
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog