Venting thread

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 13 Sep 2007 11:40

Aside from all the roster jokes...

Some real venting about footbag:

So I have been playing footbag with a really skilled Hacker Sacker lately. This guy is a self proclaimed Hacky Sacker, his words not mine, but I agree. He can kick it like 100 contacts, does wierd back stall spin things (kinda dumb), but he is consistant with his style. He reminds me of footbag.com.

Anyways, I have been playing with this guy for a couple weeks now. At first I just played some hack and would do some shredding every now and then. I didn't mind so much at first cause it was someone to play with that didn't totally suck.

Well recently I have been playing more footbag and like no Hacky Sack. My weight is dropping, my string length is increasing, as is my trick difficulty. Well, this pissed him off. He was like - uh try not to hold it for more than 10 contacts, cause people want to see that we are playing together. :twisted: :? :( :o :cry: :twisted: :evil:

I mean "WTF??" right? I am not playing keep it off the ground. I'm playing shred the thing until it doesn't work anymore.

I tried to convert him, but he is one of those Dead Head kickers that likes to go see bands play and hangs out in drum circles. I got nothing against that lifestyle. It is just not very productive to footbag freestyle.

My wife has been playing lately, and she like never plays at all. And now all of sudden she is throwing illusions, legovers, and clippers bsos. I am super proud of her, so I have been giving her extended bag time so she can school. This also pissed the guy off. He walked out of the circle and said, "You guys go ahead and play your game. I'm gonna go over here and play." So he totally went off by himself.

My wife and I have decided that this guy is too >>> out there <<< for us and we desided not to play with him anymore. I think he has a few screws loose. He even asked me the question, "How good are your rainbows?" Come on - rainbows?

Just needed to vent.

~peace
Damon

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 13 Sep 2007 13:06

flexthis wrote:He even asked me the question, "How good are your rainbows?" Come on - rainbows?
hmm ouch... sounds like he was seriously out to diss you hahah. funny guy.. some ppl are so competitive that once you get better than them they feel like they are in the underdog seat that they don't want to be in.
geez ..sad though that the guy can't just kick with you guys and just do his thing and try some of his hardest tricks.

I've been in those kinda circles too... some girls in our group (that will probably leave soon) are like that ..when you enter "their" circle they keep saying "..This is the no-trick circle!!" and smile..and by no-trick circle they also mean no stalls.. I even sometimes just ignore it and go for some easy stuff I can hit without dropping and kick it to the next person.. and even then you can see them frown sort of.. its that stare you try to dodge or it might zap you in the eye. :lol:

sidenote: rainbows are actually pretty entertaining for bystanders if your good at it

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 14 Sep 2007 10:29

I think what frustrates me is that I had to pick this guy up from his house and then take him to the spot with us. Then take him home afterward. He is 28 and has no car.

I am 32 and have been playing since 1997. I'm not exactly a newbie. So I understand the intimidation factor, but not the narrow minded philosophy of a supposedly open-minded individual.

People stop as they pass by just to give me props. Maybe he is jealous. He makes comments like: "I could make money off this stuff - but not if a guy like you was around."

I'm not a kid anymore. I have a degree and a fulltime job - geeessss!!!

~peace
Damon

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 14 Sep 2007 20:17

FlexThis wrote:"I could make money off this stuff - but not if a guy like you was around."
That sure sounds like one of those backdoor compliments.. you should just say.. "Hey! Thanks man... thats a first." ..see what he says :twisted:

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 15 Sep 2007 03:53

FlexThis wrote:Aside from all the roster jokes...

Some real venting about footbag:

So I have been playing footbag with a really skilled Hacker Sacker lately. This guy is a self proclaimed Hacky Sacker, his words not mine, but I agree. He can kick it like 100 contacts, does wierd back stall spin things (kinda dumb), but he is consistant with his style. He reminds me of footbag.com.

Anyways, I have been playing with this guy for a couple weeks now. At first I just played some hack and would do some shredding every now and then. I didn't mind so much at first cause it was someone to play with that didn't totally suck.

Well recently I have been playing more footbag and like no Hacky Sack. My weight is dropping, my string length is increasing, as is my trick difficulty. Well, this pissed him off. He was like - uh try not to hold it for more than 10 contacts, cause people want to see that we are playing together. :twisted: :? :( :o :cry: :twisted: :evil:

I mean "WTF??" right? I am not playing keep it off the ground. I'm playing shred the thing until it doesn't work anymore.

I tried to convert him, but he is one of those Dead Head kickers that likes to go see bands play and hangs out in drum circles. I got nothing against that lifestyle. It is just not very productive to footbag freestyle.

My wife has been playing lately, and she like never plays at all. And now all of sudden she is throwing illusions, legovers, and clippers bsos. I am super proud of her, so I have been giving her extended bag time so she can school. This also pissed the guy off. He walked out of the circle and said, "You guys go ahead and play your game. I'm gonna go over here and play." So he totally went off by himself.

My wife and I have decided that this guy is too >>> out there <<< for us and we desided not to play with him anymore. I think he has a few screws loose. He even asked me the question, "How good are your rainbows?" Come on - rainbows?

Just needed to vent.

~peace
Damon
Oh my god.... I would have driven a halberd through his face.
Oliver Adams

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 05 Oct 2007 12:37

Update!

Looks like my worries are over. The guy is moving back to his hometown at the end of the month. Seems his landlord finds his game weak as well.

Not to bag on the guy, but my wife and I found him a little off. Like he would talk to us, and then when we would respond or try to talk to him, he would cut us off at strange points in the conversation and then ramble on about some idea he has.

I serious think he has something mis-firing upstairs. Other friends of his (people my wife and I now hang out with) also found him a little off as well. So its not just me Flamin' - he's out of his mind. 8O

Anyways - no need to halberd the guy. Although ... -jk
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 05 Oct 2007 15:25

I just went through one of those looooooong talks with people you've known for ages.
People that probably used to be the best friends with you but than as time goes on you start noticing that your friendship isn't a real friendship at all. Things start to worsen because you now feel that you are being significantly put down with many replies that this person makes. Things that you didn't really notice before but they were there nonetheless. One word follows another and your friendship slowly but surely breaks into pieces like an ashtray shattered on the floor of a bar brawl.
A long time goes by and ...more time goes by and... more time goes by and you slowly start to come into contact with this person again. Both of you know each other just too good. Things you always liked about this person appear so clear. But the bad things also reappear. You have grown and matured so you come to the conclusion that negative things can be ignored. As time goes on the bad things clutter up again and you notice that you can only ignore them to one point.
Once again you have come to the point where a long talk is needed and you do so with all the self consciousness of an adult that you can bring up. And about 5 mins into the talk things go down that stupid silly old road that it went down way back when you didn't get along. Critic, invalidation (thanks turnip for this word :lol: ) and all the things you hated about this person come back into view and even though you feel that you have changed so much and are completely not on that level you were ages ago this person sticks you into the category he has always seen you in. The one he has seen you in since you were 12. Always shoving all the problems at hand into your bag. All that goes wrong is your fault. Seeming problems are all problems that you have caused and that you need to work on.
I feel so manipulated by this person that if I listened to him any longer I would almost believe this silly things he is throwing at me.

What do you do? Shout at him? Curse? Punch him? Or just turn away and flip your finger shutting him out of your life? Or maybe you even do nothing and let him think that he is right and break off contact after that?

I really wish I could fight this person to let out all my anger. But from experience I know that not thinking about things and acting on instinct just worsen everything and cause way more problems than you actually asked for.

thanks for this thread ..i wish i had some alcohol here right now otherthan amaretto *puke* or a little tiny joint. I better stop thinking that last bit. °__°

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 05 Oct 2007 17:38

I had a similar thing... and it was only late last year I realised we simply weren't friends. I'm just cutting of contact.

The day before yesterday I hurt my wrist, and last night I hurt my coccyx... I'm in fucking agony.
Oliver Adams

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Oct 2007 11:20

Blue_turnip wrote:
The day before yesterday I hurt my wrist, and last night I hurt my coccyx... .
That's weird...I would have guessed you would have hurt your wrist and coccyx at the same time. :wink:

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 06 Oct 2007 17:44

hahahaha, that is nasty.
Oliver Adams