Drugs in footbag

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 22 Oct 2007 17:59

crazylegs32 wrote: zero use on site.
.... no comment.

----------------
Now playing: Beastie Boys - Stand Together
via FoxyTunes
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 22 Oct 2007 21:53

Scott wrote:What is the problem with players using recreational drugs? Is it because it’s illegal? If so why shouldn’t any player who breaks the law receive the same punishment? Is it because it reflects badly on the sport? If so shouldn’t all activities which reflect badly receive the same treatment?
in most cases it is. Illegal activity, or activity that negatively reflects upon your team often means you get pulled, much to the grumbling of the organization's coaches and management if you are a top star. i have to agree with this statment about illigal and negative activities warranting some type of action being taken. in other sports and clubs i have been a part of i have had to sign codes of conduct and similar things that would have resulted in my disqualification from events and revoking my club and competition privileges if i chose to break the terms, and in one case i recieved a suspension for certain actions. this of course is a bit off topic from straight drug use, but think it would be something that we could look towards in the future. Hard to call our selves professional foobag players if we don't act professionally.

to those who raised funding as an issue, I agree that at present the IFPA is not in a financial position to be able to drug test at the moment, and i understand that creating and implementing antidoping policies would be a long and difficult affair. It was just something i felt should perhaps be considered for the future. I do feel that if we wish to see this sport become a high level and respected discipline, not sipmly an x-games side show event, that this will be necessary.

holly, you mentioned steroid use in footbag... and while i hope people aren't using steroids, i also doubt they would be the first thing footbaggers would turn to when trying to atrificially increase performance. while steroids are commonly used for performance enhancement, and recieve alot of media attention when news breaks about athletes using them, they are more difficult to obtain (but you can still find them if you try) and have more inherent risks than many other readily available and unsuspecting drugs. Anabolic steroids, human growth hormones, and other heavily controlled substances make up but a small percentage of drugs that are used for performance enhancement.
any asthmatics in the house? Bronchiodialators used for treating asthma , as an example, are very effective short term performance enhancers when used improperly. using drugs to open up the air passages, increasing oxygen uptake into the blood stream, increasing O2 distribution to working tissues, allowing greater cellular respiration and a faster rate of aerobic energy production.
The canadian olympic soccer team just actually got dinged for improper perscriptions of bronchiodialating drugs at the Pan-am games this year. The team had done some air quality testing in Beijing, where the olympic games will be held, and discovered that the quality was much lower than at home and felt it would affect the players' performance. the team doctor issued 14 of the 16 athletes dialators with accompanying doctors notes/ perscriptions, but they weren't allowed to use them in Rio at the Pan-ams. why? because they were provided to provide an advantage, not to maintain healthy ventilation. there are alot of substances out there that can increase your performance levels, many of which you wouldn't suspect and can be bought off the shelves at your local drug store. the list of banned substances is very long.
A.G.

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 23 Oct 2007 17:26

All of my pro-weed arguments are for recreational use, although I don't really see weed being used to enhance performance.

But for big events, (I would say outside of Worlds, just due to the fact that alot of people who otherwise wouldn't get to hang out and toke together will only see each other at Worlds) such as the Olympics, I(and others I'm sure) would definately quit for as much time as needed leading up to the event. I'd be pretty irritable though, so don't fuck around :evil: :P

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 23 Oct 2007 17:30

holly, you mentioned steroid use in footbag... and while i hope people aren't using steroids, i also doubt they would be the first thing footbaggers would turn to when trying to atrificially increase performance. while steroids are commonly used for performance enhancement, and recieve alot of media attention when news breaks about athletes using them, they are more difficult to obtain (but you can still find them if you try) and have more inherent risks than many other readily available and unsuspecting drugs. Anabolic steroids, human growth hormones, and other heavily controlled substances make up but a small percentage of drugs that are used for performance enhancement.
steroids are easily obtainable where i live.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Oct 2007 17:39

Yeah I know body builders who not only use steroids, but try to give them to me. I would take them if I wasn't already so ripped.

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 23 Oct 2007 17:48

Yeah I know body builders who not only use steroids, but try to give them to me. I would take them if I wasn't already so ripped.
Smaller potatoes makes the meat look bigger :wink:

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 23 Oct 2007 18:18

CautionFragile wrote:I would say outside of Worlds, just due to the fact that alot of people who otherwise wouldn't get to hang out and toke together will only see each other at Worlds
it doesn't stop them from coming out to kick on the side lines.
A.G.

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 23 Oct 2007 19:32

True.

It's too bad there isn't a test that lets you know when the last time someone smoked is, then you could tell if they did it just before the event or at a party the night before with friends.

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 23 Oct 2007 23:58

i wouldnt never take steroids ..i like sex! 8O

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 24 Oct 2007 09:35

CautionFragile wrote:
True.

It's too bad there isn't a test that lets you know when the last time someone smoked is, then you could tell if they did it just before the event or at a party the night before with friends.
Hair tests...

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 24 Oct 2007 11:47

they have urin tests that can do that for you too ...there are even ones that can show if you smoked in the last 12 hours.

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

Ndeschamps
Shredalicious

Post by Ndeschamps » 24 Oct 2007 15:29

I personaly don't drink nor smoke, moslty because i like to stay in shape, as soon as i start eating unhealthy for like a week it depresses me easily, although i would like much drug attention around footbag because it could easily give the sport a bad image espeacialy since the community is still very small, I honestly dont care if the people around me smoke or drink but I do not, Keep Footbag Clean! 8)
Nathan Deschamps

Challenge Me!
Watch me shred?
http://www.nathanfootbag.com

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 24 Oct 2007 17:06

CautionFragile wrote:It's too bad there isn't a test that lets you know when the last time someone smoked is, then you could tell if they did it just before the event or at a party the night before with friends.
sorry, but i don't understand. why would this be good information to know? What difference would this make?
A.G.

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 24 Oct 2007 18:11

sorry, but i don't understand. why would this be good information to know? What difference would this make?
Just to say if someone wanted to get high with Vasek, but wanted to kick in the event the next day, they could prove their sobriety on the day of the event. It was really just more of a "it's too bad but it's not a big deal" type muhgigger.
they have urin tests that can do that for you too ...there are even ones that can show if you smoked in the last 12 hours.
I wasn't aware of such accurate testing, my bad :oops:

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 24 Oct 2007 19:08

CautionFragile wrote:
Just to say if someone wanted to get high with Vasek, but wanted to kick in the event the next day, they could prove their sobriety on the day of the event. It was really just more of a "it's too bad but it's not a big deal" type muhgigger.
I wasn't aware of such accurate testing, my bad :oops:
Yeah, hair tests will show when you smoked last all the way back to the point that your current hair started growing... SO if you shave it all off, hair testing doesn't work. But you could go back 10 years and they could give you a very accurate date of when you smoked it up, if your hair hasn't been cut for 10 years of course.

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 25 Oct 2007 04:37

if you know when your gonna be tested you can use things to work against these tests though like special shampoos for hair tests and drinks for urin tests.

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 25 Oct 2007 04:42

jesus, learn to spell URINE you fuckin' stoner.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 25 Oct 2007 05:30

Wu_ wrote:if you know when your gonna be tested you can use things to work against these tests though like special shampoos for hair tests and drinks for urin tests.
Traces usually still pop up, because shampoo doesn't get ALL of you hair. You'd have to wash your hair with the special shampoo (that probably smells bad I would suspect) many times to get a thorough cleansing.

As far as I know, hair tests are by far the hardest to cheat on, just because they're so reliably accurate. If someone can't piss while having a random drug screen during an Army drill weekend, they just take some of your hair, if you're not the type of guy to shave and wax your head anyway. But those are only good for about 2 months because of the frequent hair cutting.

Why are we talking about this again?

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 25 Oct 2007 08:03

CautionFragile wrote:Just to say if someone wanted to get high with Vasek, but wanted to kick in the event the next day, they could prove their sobriety on the day of the event. It was really just more of a "it's too bad but it's not a big deal" type muhgigger.
i still don't understand how this realy relates? If some one uses anabolic steroids the day before the event, it's not going to make a large immediate impact on their performance, but does that make it acceptable?
A.G.

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 25 Oct 2007 09:21

brian relly wrote:jesus, learn to spell URINE you fuckin' stoner.
you dont have a real reason to post in this thread so don't ..i dont even smoke marijuana anymore.. and just for ur information english urine = german urin so big deal. get a life.

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*