Obama: Straight Facts

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Obama: Straight Facts

Post by HG » 09 Feb 2008 20:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7kZJZikXHE

for the low down on why you should vote for obama
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 10 Feb 2008 00:18

If Obama becomes president then it would be an Obamanation.

Get it?

:|
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Zac Jackson
Fearless

Post by Zac Jackson » 10 Feb 2008 11:19

professor wrote:If Obama becomes president then it would be an Obamanation.

Get it?

:|

haha corney joke but i loved it :!:
Your next task: Go to the bathroom.
Wash your face.
Put your shoulders hunched upwards.
Look really, really slowly upwards towards the mirror like in the movies
And slap yourself in the face.
With your game face on.
And go shred with jim.
It'll work, trust me.
-Jay Boychuk

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 10 Feb 2008 11:54

I voted for Obama in the primaries.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 10 Feb 2008 13:38

I played basketball on an 8 1/2 foot hoop (Which is so fucking fun by the way) so I missed the Washington caucuses, but was glad to see Obama pwned.

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 11 Feb 2008 00:09

His speeches sound hollow to me. He says a bunch of meaningless garbage which gets a bunch of sheeple all worked up. i guess thats politics though.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Feb 2008 02:19

Yeah it's a major problem with democracy. Although Australia (and indeed most countries of the world) has a much better political system than America, politicians still have to put forward very understandable and clear positions on issues that they know are neither understandable or clear. In a lot of ways I would have much more respect for a politician who said; "That's a very difficult question and I don't know what the solution to that is," but people don't want to vote for people who don't know the answers, they want to vote for the people who claim to have the answers. I think as we get older we all realise that actually to most of the questions nobody knows what the right answer is, so a person who admits that is at least aware of their own limitations. Nevertheless, if they want to get elected, they'll also be aware of what the right answer to get elected is. What politicians say to the public, and how they actually feel is often fairly different, but I'm also convinced that most politicians (in Australia at least) are genuinely trying to make the world (or at least the country) a better place for everybody. Sometimes it's just hard to see how they're hoping to achieve that. Also there are a lot of issues where the voters are going to elect whoever holds a particular position, and if that position is wrong, we get a really good example of game theory. Both parties could go with the right decision rather than the popular one and nullify that effect, or one could go with the popular while the other goes with right decision, and the popular person wins, or both could go with the popular decision, also nullifying the effect, but also ensuring that the other party can't screw them over. Of course this means that a bad decision gets wilfully made, but the reality is that from the perspective of one party, the bad decision is going to get made either way, but they can make the bad decision and then try their best to govern the country despite it, or they can let the other party make the bad decision and win government. Hence on these decisions most parties choose to go with the popular over the right decision. We saw that last year in the Australian election when both parties offered massive tax cuts despite the problem of inflation. People are stupid, they think tax cuts will make their lives easier because they'll have more money, but actually the tax cuts will create more pressure on inflation and the cost of everything will go up. I'm sure both political parties knew this, but both knew that if they didn't offer the tax cuts the other party would win the election, so they were going to happen either way.

I'm definitely hoping Obama wins the next elections :)

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 11 Feb 2008 04:58

I'll only be 17, but I'm rooting for Obama!
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 11 Feb 2008 13:25

Obama is one of the best orators I've ever heard. I have no idea how you think he sounds empty. What do you want him to do? Read off his website about what he supports and such?
Danny P.

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 11 Feb 2008 15:26

I did a paper on him and he is everything but empty.
Ben Rea

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 11 Feb 2008 22:09

Like I said "thats politics" , the #1 issue to me is spending and debt. I just feel that Ron Paul is the only one on the right track because our country is going down the tubes if we just keep printing monopoly money.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 12 Feb 2008 07:55

The only reason money is worth anything is because people accept it and say it's worth something. The only reason gold is worth something is because people accept it and say it's worth something. How does linking the value of our money to some rock we dig out of the ground that has pretty much no use or value besides making stuff look pretty make any sense?
Danny P.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 12 Feb 2008 22:31

For nearly a year, I have been predicting that Barack Obama would win the presidental election. Now more than ever, this is looking like it will happen. Hillary still has her chance but it's looking grim. Anyways here is something I posted awhile ago. Using generational dynamics, it is becoming more and more clear that Barack Obama will win the election though. I wish the Republican candiate would've been Romney though, but maybe McCain will be even easier. Anyways here's that post I mentioned.
Word y'all, it's been a minute since I graced you all with my sunshine. I just remembered posting a comment about Barack Obama in this thread http://www.fourthturning.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2745 about a year ago, and being completely fucking right. Let me share:

I just thought of something cool: I'm going to be able to tell my grandkids that I voted for President Obama in my first election. Honestly, who stands in his way?
Now I took a lot of flak for saying that, but my only question is: Was this a bigger win for Obama, for generational dynamics, for the country, or for my own sense of inflated ego? The truth is, all of us win equally, but even more so, I do. So it isn't especially equal.

See you next year 4T, by that time my prophecy will be complete!

Oh yeah, Barack is up 13 percentage pointiles in New Hampshire, according to Rasmussen.

Is anyone grossed out by seeing Bill and Hillary together? There is nothing quite as repulsive as a couple so obviously not attracted to each other. I guess they are the perfect example of a terrible marriage that has left X'ers and Millenial's without any sense of family. It's all coming together this election. It's all coming together.
Funny that I mentioned he was up 13 in New Hampshire though. Honestly New Hampshire might be the queerest state in our union though.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 12 Feb 2008 22:36

Everything about this election being generational is obvious. Whether it should have been so obvious to see this election cycle was unexpected, but it's something me and some others have been talking about long before it's become this big story that it is now.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 13 Feb 2008 20:55

I voted Obama in the primaries as well, and hope to vote for him in the presidential elections if he becomes the candidate to represent the Democrats (which is likely).
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Pinkus
Shredalicious

Post by Pinkus » 15 Feb 2008 10:55

Obama says things that don't really inform us of his plans. But it does seems to rile up his supporters. Whether he will be a good or bad predisent I can't say though. Personally, I don't like any of our candidates. I was hoping the Christopher Walken '08 wasn't a joke, but oh well.

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 18 Feb 2008 21:19

Personally, I don't like any of our candidates.
I'm with you, although I can't vote so it doesn't matter.

I really don't like the two party system. Something about all democrats supporting abortion and gays and universal healthcare and pulling out of Iraq and welfare and illegal immigration and republicans thinking the exact opposite, something isn't completely right. Not everyone has all those views, and they really don't have a strong correlation at all. And there are a lot of problems that are going completely unmentioned.

As for Obama, I don't like the fact that everyone thinks he's this great uncorupt guy that's going to take America by storm, especially since he doesn't have a big political history compared to everyone else. He may be the devil himself for all we know (not saying he is, but I don't like all the hype about him. Even if I did like him, the overhyping of him is a big turn off.) I don't like the fact that he's pro-sex ed. for kindergarteners. The government doesn't know what 'age appropriate' is, and doesn't need to shove their fuckin views down people's throats. It should be the parents who tell their kids about sex, and I think that letting the government in on stuff like that is hazardous and is a good way to rip apart the 'traditional' family. Then again, most parents nowadays are assholes and let their children get away with murder. I'm also pretty anti-abortion and Obama seems just kind of a little sort of bit pro-abortion.

I don't want to talk about Hilary.

Those were just my personal views, don't bitch at me about them, but feel free to discuss anything I said. I'm not really anti Obama as much as I just don't like his some of his views his supporters and the government in general. I don't like any of the candidates, really.

And with all that being said, I think Obama would make a better president than Bush. Hooray! (not that hard)

It's too bad they didn't let Colbert run. He would've won. Could you imagine his state of the union speech? I'd definately watch that.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 19 Feb 2008 07:34

did you all hear about obama stealing some lines from speeches duval patrick made to use in his own speeches? some are saying it might hurt his run.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 19 Feb 2008 07:42

Why do people hate Hillary so much? I mean, I disagree with her on some issues, but I don't have a visceral hatred for her, sort of like I don't have a visceral love for Obama. They're both politicians, so I don't trust them to begin with.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 19 Feb 2008 15:29

slapdash21 wrote:did you all hear about obama stealing some lines from speeches duval patrick made to use in his own speeches? some are saying it might hurt his run.

yeah, clinton brought it up against him. its so ridiculous, since they all say the same stuff anyway.

what's worse was the ad clinton aired in some parts of the country saying that obama was too ambitious, and their evidence was that in kindergarten he said he wanted to run for president. :lol: