Awe Time

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Scott
Shredalicious

Post by Scott » 17 Feb 2008 06:39

QuantumBalance wrote:
But yeah. So, back on topic. Do you have any reasoning to refute my fractional theory. So far people have only said things like, no this is ridiculous, or you cant generalize the way people experience time.
I thought I provided an argument in the fourth post of the page but maybe it wasn't good enough to count or maybe you missed it.

Anyway just in case you did miss it, here are the main points again:

Time seems to go faster when you are having fun and we actually have less fun as we get older so in fact time would seem to pass more slowly as you get older.

The older you get the more you realize the importance of life and you begin to appreciate the small things whereas when you are young you tend to take things for granted.

These two generalizations are in disagreement with the ones proposed by QuantumBalance.

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 17 Feb 2008 12:33

Alright, I was obviously out of line and I truly appologize. I had gotten into a few pretty bad arguments and came and found a way to vent, and that wasn't fair.

All I really wanted to do is state my opinion on "time", and I got carried away.

One thing that I want you to understand is that when I say that the whole cluttered mind thing isn't my point, it isn't. The first post that I made, and the following posts, were really just trying to state that I believe "time is relative to the perceiver".

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 18 Feb 2008 16:50

If the post you're quoting hadn't been made, would you still have said what you said?
Yes because you all just freaked out on eachother over an argument that was fucking pointless and retarded. Sam made a post about some random shit, and the people on this forum who can't go a post without correcting someone in a bitchy manner all stepped in and started flaming.

If you're going to flame and argue and bitch, atleast do it over a cause worth being bitches and arguers and flamers over.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 18 Feb 2008 20:48

BainbridgeShred wrote:
If the post you're quoting hadn't been made, would you still have said what you said?
Yes because you all just freaked out on eachother over an argument that was fucking pointless and retarded. Sam made a post about some random shit, and the people on this forum who can't go a post without correcting someone in a bitchy manner all stepped in and started flaming.

If you're going to flame and argue and bitch, atleast do it over a cause worth being bitches and arguers and flamers over.
Yeah fair enough.

Just to make it clear though, I didn't step in and start any flaming. My first post doesn't insult anyone. I just put forward my argument and had some smartass one liner that was completely off topic thrown at me from Quantumbalance. Go back and look at the first page.
Quantumbalance wrote:I was chillen then Jeremy and BT came in being dicks!
Now the last thing I want to do right now is start another aggressive argument, but unless you consider someone to be a dick because they disagree with you then the above statement was wrong.
Oliver Adams