MDMA and Footbag

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
LucidJay
Circle Kicker

Post by LucidJay » 21 Jan 2010 10:46

Not only have i never had a 'bad' comedown in 200+ pills but I'm usually left unbelievably happy for a solid week after each trip. Sometimes the E even extinguishes my need for tobacco for up to 2 days afterwards. It's the only drug i've never been hesitant to take and i've never felt even the slightest dependence. Everyone is wildly different when it comes to chemicals and you never know which one is gonna bone you. I'd hate to be one of those Advil/Tylenol deaths that occur too often... As far as MDMA goes, it's the only hard drug i've recommended but not without showing them erowid.org's plethora of information.
Jordan Clark

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 21 Jan 2010 20:26

on topic, Ill repeat my post-
If you take some mind altering substance and it helps you shred like a madman, keep in mind youre still human so dont overdo it. You could pass out from overexertion or get an ankle or knee injury.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 30 Jul 2011 23:49

bump

crazy is a complete and total idiot 1.you have never done this in your life 2. you think MJ is bad for you and 3. your logic in nonsense you contradict your self over and over and you just dont even know what your talking about. im sure anyone that posts about this is telling the truth about their experiences and you.. well you cant because you have had no experiences. so please get off this thread and go roll one.

i fully agree with jay and my past is similar.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Aug 2011 03:39

Sam Harris wrote a good essay about drugs recently. Of course he's a neuroscientist, rather than a high school stoner.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/drug ... g-of-life/

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 08 Aug 2011 14:18

Great article, thanks Jeremy. MDMA is nothing to be taken lightly, I know people who did it a little too much and ended up with severe depression issues leading them down the path of harder drugs. They are now gone forever most likely. Here is a quote from the article Jeremy posted.

"A wide literature now suggests that MDMA damages serotonin-producing neurons and decreases levels of serotonin in the brain."

If you don't know what serotonin is it is what allows you to be happy. And while not proven 100% a lot of scientists say that continued use of mdma can cause the production of serotonin to shut down permanently within a few years. So be careful and don't over use. I am not against mdma or phycedelics but I do believe that they should be used for a purpose and not just to get messed up.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 27 Aug 2011 23:06

I changed my mind due to TCheas-
You are all inhuman shredding machines. No little drug can harm a big inhuman shredder like you.
- and ive never done drugs.

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 11 Sep 2011 20:18

I have so much to say about this subject and have been reading this thread like mad and feel I need to read up on everything to contribute to anything worthy of interest beyond subjective anecdotal accounts (of which I have a bunch but am currently on an iPad and typing is not the funnest thing to do)

Just wanted to say 2 things quick:

1) crazy, I suggest you take the approach I am with this subject (and intelligent discussion in general) by withholding the urge to make bogus claims based on your personal subjective experience with some(any)thing and ignoring/undermining actual scientific (meaning objective) research. That's just plain ignorance.

And 2) thank you Jeremy for the link that Sam Harris essay, it's incredible.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 24 Dec 2011 22:10

Im confused reading your post Pasquar. Im the only one on the whole thread who takes the original post to heart.
You dont take performance enhancing drugs to shred.Thats not what this sport is about. Mdma is fun and im sure you can shred/dance/whatever on a whole other level on extasy. But I dont want to show up to a tourney where everyone is on mdma- On the other hand Id love it if every audience member was on exctasy.

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 25 Dec 2011 21:40

Dude, the original post for this thread was referring to someone who took MDMA and kicked the day after, rendering your most recent argument entirely irrelevant.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 26 Dec 2011 00:06

The actual intent of the thread was whether shredding on mdma was a good thing.

Pasquar
Fearless

Re: MDMA and Footbag

Post by Pasquar » 26 Dec 2011 08:34

Maraxus wrote:Tried it for the first time and had an amazing experience. Played footbag the next day and couldn't believe how relaxed and calm I played. Very similiar to the Weed and Footbag topic, I just don't hear about this one every single day...
This is the original post. Though the discussion has gone in about 14 different directions, I still maintain that this post refers not to shredding while rolling as he is talking about shredding the day after.

If Maraxus did not mean this and I am misunderstanding, I will hear that directly from him, not you. That said, all of your arguments go back and forth between talking about how awesome drugs are/how much you have done and discouraging shredding while rolling (specifically at a jam if I'm understanding your banter correctly).

I am consistently baffled as to what exactly you are trying to prove and your recent PM to me only supports that sentiment. Take care.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 28 Dec 2011 22:18

Nobody takes drugs to enjoy the afterereffect. My intent on this thread wasnt anti extasy, it was anti taking drugs to make you shred better. Im done with it because some people mistook my sarcasm (never took drugs) and others feel mdma has therapeutic potential.
I just didnt want to see it used as a performance enhancing thing because I know it could make people shredding maniacs that our bodies just couldnt hold up to the abuse. Sorry that the whole thing degraded into an argument/

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Apr 2012 13:13

Ecstasy is whack... I think you're better off just snorting DDT.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman