Internet legal age limit?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Think the gov't might put an age limit on the internet?

yes
9%
no
61%
shut the f**k up, donny!
16%
you're killing your father, larry!
14%

Total votes: 44

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 30 Jun 2004 15:22

Well that kinda sucks ass.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 30 Jun 2004 15:24

the internet should be better controlled but there should be free accsess to everything.... The government is not here to raise us that is what parents are for... parents need to start taking some responsibilty......
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

ShredNJ
Multidex Master

Post by ShredNJ » 04 Jul 2004 06:00

If anyone thinks that there kid shouldn't use the internet until they're 18 dont let them. But do not take that right away from me.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 04 Jul 2004 15:29

marc wrote:yeah. Parents need to act more like parents in this day and age. Kids need to be smacked once or twice too... this child abuse thing has been taken out of hand. Alot of things now are out of hand when it involves children and how they are brought up.

George Carlain Philosophy - its genius. It works, too
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 09 Jul 2004 04:53

Age limit like 12 or 10 would be more alright. Junkmail senders need to be punished. There should be law in the internet. Problem in that you can always set up a server in India and spam as much as you like whatever you like. I mean, if someone really likes to be out of reach and got the money to do that, he can do it. And healing corruption completely in countries like India because junkmail?

I've lost hope in this matter.

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 09 Jul 2004 05:02

Yeah I feel that families are somehow attacked by the community. Like in school they say "if you don't want to talk to your parents, talk to the school doctor" and everything. There is no right values to be praised. The soft values of family are so important if one is to be happy that overlooking 'em will only cause sadness and ill tragedy for this generation throughout the planet.

Put your computers in to the living room. Talk to your childrens. If you are a child yourself, talk to your parents about everything. I'm 18 and I still enjoy the good relationship I got to my parents. They're my best friends and help me whatever I'm going through.

Swampy
Shredaholic

Post by Swampy » 23 Jul 2004 12:00

mouseman wrote:Put your computers in to the living room.
... and when you're not home, hire a Computer Guard, who would poke the kid every time an uncensored ad pop-ups.

Not meaning to be offensive/picky, but your idea just gave me a brainstorm, at first thinking this is such a good idea :).
- Laimis "Cacodemon" Dzikaras