What happened to Ricky Moran making bap

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

What happened to Ricky Moran making bap

Post by Maraxus » 03 Aug 2004 11:14

I thought it was a fo' sho' or some shit?
bodybuilda

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 03 Aug 2004 11:15

He didn't kick at all this week because of his injury.
Mike Hansen

Shredxor
BSOS Beast

Post by Shredxor » 03 Aug 2004 11:16

he injured his tendon in his left leg. So he couldn't shred.
Ricky Holton

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 03 Aug 2004 11:24

gay
bodybuilda

Shredxor
BSOS Beast

Post by Shredxor » 03 Aug 2004 11:26

scratch that he did shred but he only used his right leg. I remember because we played 4-square and shredded from 3 am to 9am.
Ricky Holton

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 03 Aug 2004 11:30

Maraxus wrote:gay
Yeah ..... Ricky Moran not being able to play because of an injury really is something that has a same sex preference.

Lame. :roll:
Cole Hobson

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 03 Aug 2004 11:30

liar
bodybuilda

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 03 Aug 2004 11:30

Maraxus wrote:gay
Huh?
Mike Hansen

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 03 Aug 2004 11:45

stfu you heterophobe
bodybuilda

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 03 Aug 2004 11:53

Maraxus wrote:stfu you heterophobe
Brilliant.
Mike Hansen

ShredStylez
Republican

Post by ShredStylez » 03 Aug 2004 11:58

we dont need another stupid topic about how the term gay shouldnt be used, i think this is my third? :lol: Just remember Maraxus people on this forum are very easily offended. I learned the hard way as well :roll:
There is always a bigger trick.

Go watch a vid. of Dylan Fry.

-Mark "The Force" Schwartz

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 03 Aug 2004 12:02

I think a better way to say that 'people are easily offended' would be to say that they (for the most part) aren't 13, and their behaviour and opinions by and large reflect that.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 03 Aug 2004 12:02

alright

!GO GAYS!
bodybuilda

ShredStylez
Republican

Post by ShredStylez » 03 Aug 2004 12:05

That's the attitude we're looking for :D
There is always a bigger trick.

Go watch a vid. of Dylan Fry.

-Mark "The Force" Schwartz

Shredxor
BSOS Beast

Post by Shredxor » 03 Aug 2004 12:18

It's like they gay pride parade in montreal. Fuckin woke me up...
Ricky Holton

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 03 Aug 2004 12:24

Newf wrote:I think a better way to say that 'people are easily offended' would be to say that they (for the most part) aren't 13, and their behaviour and opinions by and large reflect that.
Well said, I agree.

You are just adding nothing to any form of intelligent conversation by posting a one word answer that says "Gay".

I'm not so much offended as I am embarassed for you and how the comment reflects upon you.
Cole Hobson

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 03 Aug 2004 13:33

Guys,

Come on, let's not go down that road. I'm all for tolerance, but it's a 2-way street. If you want to call me a white bread chicken shit moron, that's ok by me. But I use the term gay to describe something ODD or out of place as well. It has nothing to do with the term homosexual, wasn't used in that context and shouldn't be viewed as such. Anyone offended by a one word term like Gay, ought not be so offended unless it was a personal attack.

Seriously you are taking all the fun out of FUNNY. It's like the Arnold "Girlie Man" comment. We all know what he meant - It was a play off of Dana Carvey and Saturday Night Live. He wasn't calling anyone a homosexual. Geeeeesssss.

We have no agenda on this forum other than to discuss both footbag and non-footbag related topics. If someone wants to use the word gay to describe a LAME or UNUSUAL situation completely out of context of any association with the term homosexual, then why are you bashing him for it?

This should be a forum striped of censorship and Political Correctness run a muck, and we should be able to express our opinions or comments without having them openly examined to contain hidden agendas or personal attacks. If you are gay, so what. No one is making that comment. He was simply choosing a word to describe how he feels about Ricky not being able to shred that week due to injury. It was not a personal attack on anyone's sexuality, and if you take it that way, please look inside yourself and determine if it was the word you find offensive or some other internal struggle, cause we can't keep trying to please every single little thing, idea, or person that just happens to disagree or become offended.

I mean it is like you are taking the fun out of funny words. I've read and used the word fuck many times on this forum. Noone has ever said, "He man, I don't like that word, it upsets my inner being as a fuckable person." Noone is going to say that.

All I'm asking is to not take things so fucking seriously to the point that every comment has to be examined under the microscope and reworded as to not offend Jonny Hot Pants, Tiny Tight Bottom, or Valerie Perversafuckabilly.

Thank you,
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

shredj
Rain Man

Post by shredj » 03 Aug 2004 13:38

I agree with Mark and Damon. Theres no need to make a big deal about something like that. You know what he meant by "gay". Chill. Back to the subject - Ricky didn't make BAP, he was injured.
Peace
Jim Jansen

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Aug 2004 20:50

I will not tolerate the usage of the word "gay" when used in a negative manner such as above. I think the other moderators - especially Brad - will be the same.

When you use the word "gay" to say that something is bad you are helping to sustain the connotation that being "gay" is bad. It doesn't matter if you know you are doing this or not - the more people do it - the more effect it will have. I'm sure some of you find it hard to comprehend - but regardless - I will not tolerate its usage.

To try to make you understand - imagine I started to use the word "American" in the same context that "gay" is occasionally used - as something negative. Some people may find it funny to begin with - I think many people see me as an "anti american" and I would be playing to this stereotype. Some people may even think it's "cool" and start copying me (because I'm cool 8)) but eventually the joke would wear thin and American's (and maybe others) would start getting offended by it - they would feel like I'm saying America is a bad place because I am using the word to describe bad things.

So to sum up - please don't use the word "gay" in a negative context such as was displayed in this forum.

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 03 Aug 2004 21:04

Nicely put, Jeremy.

What if you said "cookie" instead of "gay" or "american". Example: " Aw, Ricky Moran injuried his leg and he couldn't shred. Thats cookie" You could go so far with this..
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!