Smoke?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

How often do you smoke weed?

Never
50%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Once in a while (A few times a month)
15%
Frequently (A few times a week)
11%
Always (Most everyday, at least once a day)
19%

Total votes: 252

caseyweed
Shredaholic

Post by caseyweed » 05 May 2006 22:40

Everyday smoker here. No cigarettes though. Cigarettes just never did anything for me. But yeah I don't really smoke before I shred. Usually just after...as a reward :). But I must admit that I could slow down... :?
Casey Mead

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 07 May 2006 17:32

Cigarettes are weak dude, that shit'll kill you. Weed's ok though.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 May 2006 02:39

Interesting poll result - 44% of people on this forum smoke weed with some form of regularity. That's a pretty sizable minority.

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 09 May 2006 05:27

I think after a certain percent they stop calling it a minority.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

Hakker
Multidex Master

Post by Hakker » 09 May 2006 11:49

Whoa, I tried it at a pink floyd cover band concert about s week ago. There was so much of that shit goin' round i couldnt resist. I can't say I enjoyed it, but i didn't hate it either. It just kindof made me lightheaded and disoriented. Based on what otheres have said I just dont think my body reacts well to it. I doubt I'll ever do it again.
|\|3L$0|\| W3$-|-
Five feet of fury!!!
Im back!

caseyweed
Shredaholic

Post by caseyweed » 09 May 2006 14:02

That's cool man. It's your choice. Just like with anything else, some people dig it and some don't. But hey, at least you tried it before criticizing. :)
Casey Mead

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 May 2006 14:07

Whoa, I tried it at a pink floyd cover band concert about s week ago. There was so much of that shit goin' round i couldnt resist. I can't say I enjoyed it, but i didn't hate it either. It just kindof made me lightheaded and disoriented. Based on what otheres have said I just dont think my body reacts well to it. I doubt I'll ever do it again.
'

Not to encourage one way or the other, but if you did it a few more times, you'd probably get a better high and like it more. First times are rough with a lot of drugs (Especially psychadelics, like weed) and once you tried it without the apprehension of it being your "first time" it'd probably be a bit nicer. Concerts aren't the best place to try it first either. Do it at home with one or two of your buddies where you can just fuck around and you'd have a much better time, guaranteed.

Don't forget though, the shit can ruin your life just like any other drug. More people in rehab for weed than anything else.

Hakker
Multidex Master

Post by Hakker » 09 May 2006 14:40

Yeah. Part of the reason I most likely wont try it again is because i'm very cautious about any drugs (even alcohol), and I know thats its probably not a good habit too get into. I'm not bashing it or anything, though. The potheads (for lack of better term) seemed to be having an excellent time smokin' the good stuff.

Also, im broke as shit :(
|\|3L$0|\| W3$-|-
Five feet of fury!!!
Im back!

RunAmuk
beerless

Post by RunAmuk » 23 Jun 2006 11:25

im thinking we should start popping x at tournies.
that ill be better than ganjah.
why stop there?
pcp ripwalk comp.
speed and a 5min. consecutives would be fun to see.
how bout
hairon and a stiching circle(one needle)

ejgammage i-am-kuma
since i throw my comb away, jah love.
one love. one aim. no me, just us.

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 25 Jun 2006 18:20

smokefree wrote:I think after a certain percent they stop calling it a minority.
... 50% ?
Dan wrote:Don't forget though, the shit can ruin your life just like any other drug. More people in rehab for weed than anything else.
It's worth noting that the vast majority of pot rehab patients are in there for the sake of avoiding jail time for minor possession. It's an incredible scam that they get counted as 'voluntary check-ins.' That said, of course you can ruin yourself with pot, but I personally doubt it's more dangerous than fried chicken or emo music.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 25 Jun 2006 23:51

Is it just me, or did 40 people just vote for "Never" ...
James Randall

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 26 Jun 2006 06:19

Jeremy wrote:Interesting poll result - 44% of people on this forum smoke weed with some form of regularity. That's a pretty sizable minority.
shouldnt that be majority?
zach jahner

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 26 Jun 2006 08:30

fetusmaster wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Interesting poll result - 44% of people on this forum smoke weed with some form of regularity. That's a pretty sizable minority.
shouldnt that be majority?
The categories are seperated into the two of: Smokes weed and doesn't smoke weed

If 55% do not and 45% do-the 45% being less than the 55% is the minority

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 26 Jun 2006 08:33

i dont and dont intened to ever
Ben Rea

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 26 Jun 2006 20:42

10 points for completely missing Jeremy's point.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 27 Jun 2006 01:03

I'm being bad. Why am I back in the Discussion forum?? Oh yeah, cuz it's 5am and I have to go to the Inspection place to get my car inspected in an hour.

Jamieson you're a lame lame guy with a long lame last name! Flame!
haha

Oh yeah, the topic. I guess I fall squarely in the Only at Jams category. I really don't like smoking at all, but for some reason when you're around all the footbag happy people it just kinda happens. Usually I'm kinda drunk when I make that poor decision. Wow 182 people answered this poll. I wonder if that's close to a record.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 27 Jun 2006 03:43

wtf? are you stoned, drunk, or both? Don't start this shit again man it's so unnecessary...

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 27 Jun 2006 11:19

I don't touch tobacco, but I am a regular smoker. My only problem with it are the people that find out, and then all of a sudden treat you like you're scum. What's up with that? I have a full time job, I take care of my responsibilities, I've spent two full years on the College Honor Roll, have good credit, and the doctor says that I have the heart of a professional athlete. It's just all about your mind set. I feel it helps me to a large extent in concentration. strange huh? although sometimes when footbagging, it can cause me to over-analyze.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 08 Jul 2006 23:11

people that find out, and then all of a sudden treat you like you're scum.
Those with open minds are less likely to discriminate. In american culture alcohol is acceptable but weed isn't, which makes no sense. I think some people are just put off by it because of the negative image it has.
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 12 Jul 2006 07:26

That is something that drives me INSANE. Everytime someone talks shit at me for smokin weed and has a beer in their hand (Or admittedly drinks) I go a little crazy. It seems like the ultimate way of being a hypocrite. They hate on weed but kill their liver drinking chugging down some poison piss (not that i dont drink on occassion but really what do you think is worse weed or alcohol) I mean tons of people get drunk pass out.. puke in their sleep and die, or become and alcoholic and die from liver failure.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!