Smoke?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

How often do you smoke weed?

Never
50%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Once in a while (A few times a month)
15%
Frequently (A few times a week)
11%
Always (Most everyday, at least once a day)
19%

Total votes: 252

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 12 Mar 2010 15:24

No Jon, he said he avoids drugs because he knows he will get addicted to them due to his "addictive personality". He didn't say it was because drugs were bad.
Justin Hall wrote:I also have a slightly addictive personality which I have kinda figured out for my self so its best for me to not get into drugs.
My point was that having an "addictive personality" doesn't exist. It's just a mechanism to shift responsibility on drugs, instead of the addressing the real reasoning which is a conscious lack of self control and moderation. All the power to him for not using drugs, it doesn't matter to me. It's just a bitch move to say things like that. :wink:
James Randall

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 12 Mar 2010 19:58

OK when I say "slightly" I didn't mean that I actually get full out addicted and have a problem. If I notice something I am doing is affecting my life/health negatively I have no problem what so ever of stopping it. As I said before when I like something I am very passionate about it. I do believe that drugs are not good for my health and my personal being. Though I do understand that for others that may not be the case and is why I don't have a problem with people doing it. So sorry to all for using the term "addictive personality".

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Never

Post by Ramen God » 30 May 2010 06:51

NEVER!!!!

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Never

Post by Ramen God » 30 May 2010 06:52

NEVER!!!!

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 02 Aug 2010 18:55

brianbear wrote:I started footbagging when I was already a stoner (gram a day or more).
And I took maybe a month break somewhere in there, and footbagging turned bad, or more pointless. Weed actually inspires and motivates me, with everything I do! i guess i should be thankful it doesnt seem to have a negative mental effect on me :) i still play longer than anyone i shred with, soo i guess it's not taking too much of a toll on my stamina either.
SAME dude

I swear I am significantly better and more motivated to kick when I'm high. I also exercise more control over the bag. It also helps keep me from getting overly frustrated at tricks I can't get, which I tend to do a lot when I kick alone (which is always bad news :oops: )

if you've EVER kicked while high you know how fun it is :wink:
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 21 Oct 2010 15:41

brianbear wrote:I started footbagging when I was already a stoner (gram a day or more).
And I took maybe a month break somewhere in there, and footbagging turned bad, or more pointless. Weed actually inspires and motivates me, with everything I do! i guess i should be thankful it doesnt seem to have a negative mental effect on me :) i still play longer than anyone i shred with, soo i guess it's not taking too much of a toll on my stamina either.
i like this answer lol
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 26 Nov 2010 22:14

Synthetic thc doesnt count Chris, - thats drug abuse.

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 22 Dec 2010 11:45

BalinorNZ wrote: "I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight"
You will also never see them(while they are on pot) get into a job, do well in school, have good relationships or achieve anything really.
okay I was just reading this whole thread for this first time and this statement made my blood boil. I smoke nearly everyday, and I can do pretty much everything I can do sober while high, if not better (footbag DEFINITELY included), and pot really helps me do... whatever I want to do.

If I smoke and need to study, I'll do that. If I smoke and need to go to work, I do it. I know my argument seems a bit scattered but my point is.. there are SO MANY functional stoners out there it will blow your mind. I don't want to brag, but I'm a junior in college and I've maintained close to a 3.9 GPA with a double-major and I'm in the honors program. I go to class high frequently (not all the time, don't get me wrong. I definitely don't feel I NEED to smoke to go to class, but at times that's what happens). I study, write papers, go to work, participate in protests (I'm an avid activist, specifically in labor rights currently), and FOOTBAG high all the time. I also do these things sober all the time as well

I'm not arguing that smoking pot is for everyone because it most certainly is NOT, and it certainly is not a cheap habit. But making blanket statements about how people who smoke pot will not amount to anything not only pisses me off but also offends me personally

I doubt you'll even look at this, but if you do. check yourself.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 09 Jan 2011 00:33

The major problem with these anti-pot arguments is that they always say "you can't do it while beeing high". That can be true but let me ask, are you able to get a job while beeing totally drunk? No. Are you able to get a job if you get drunk only on the parties you go to? Yes. There is definetly some difference.
Smoking pot does not mean that you are high all day and all night long. And if you do, it is still better than beeing drunk all day long.
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."