G-Units vs. Lavers

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
@ndrew
Shredalicious

G-Units vs. Lavers

Post by @ndrew » 22 Jun 2013 09:31

Hello,
my lavers are about to get their first holes. I thinking about sole repair or getting new shoes. I looked at polish auction site, there are G-Units G6 http://www.sportstore.pl/userdata/gfx/4 ... c00dac.jpg and auction with Lavers, both of them are in similar price- 20-25 Euros. I have never seen g-units in close, but I remember that theiy are stabiler than lavers, they absorbe more shock, which is perfect to me, due to back and knee injury. Mine concern is about their weight and way of modification. Can you help me and write your opionion?

jaust
Multidex Master

Re: G-Units vs. Lavers

Post by jaust » 23 Jun 2013 08:32

i personally never played g-units. but my shredmate has these mesh units you've posted. basically the modification is similar to lavers. you can remove the inner layers of the fabric. also the toe-box mod is kinda the same as for lavers. overall i've never heard anything bad about these shoes. i'd recommend you to get your hands on those rare G's!
Michael L.

@ndrew
Shredalicious

Post by @ndrew » 23 Jun 2013 08:56

I searched modified and bought them couple hours ago. I found something about cutting off inner or outer layer, because they have three layers, between mesh layers, there are some kind of foam. Do know anything about this? And could you get some photos of your friend's Units? I just want to mod them right way :P

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Jun 2013 21:31

If you play in Units, Clippers will be MUCH easier. Just make sure you learn Clippers in Lavers first, then you can transfer to G-Units if you'd like to. I tried transfering to units a while ago and found out that they hold my game back a lot. But some people love them. It's all personal preference. Good luck in them. I'd love to hear your feedback about them when you break them in. Post your feedback here! :D
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

@ndrew
Shredalicious

Post by @ndrew » 28 Jun 2013 08:00

I think in about two weeks I will be able to write something constructive. I still have some doubts about modification. In Lavers, I cut off toe-box and area around ankle. G-Units have foam around ankle and no stitch and I don't know if cutting this of, would destroy my shoes. Also, I'm afraid of loosing stability, because Units are bit too big for me. Any thoughts about it, guys? And for toe-box, I just need time to get use to it. Strong side pixie is about right, but flipside is killing me.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Jul 2013 10:15

I did the ankle (Broka) mod to my units when I had them too. I had a bad experience with Units. I lost my tyle and I just felt like a really clunky player. My stepping felt sticky, my spins were sticky, pixies were alright but still sticky... I found it hard to release the bag well. With Lavers I don't have this problem. Also, if you do the Broka mod on Lavers usually, you don't need Units, in my opinion. I think people with less crank will benefit most from wearing Units. But I would say, if you hvae pretty good crank, I would just stick to Lavers.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman