Footbag templates

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Romcho
Circle Kicker

Footbag templates

Post by Romcho » 13 Apr 2014 18:43

Hey everyone im new here, but have been footbagging since highschool and love the sport. I kinda suck at it but i'm sure it'll come to me with the right bag and practice. I live in a town north of Toronto, Canada and I'm interested in starting to make my own footbags for fun. From what I gather on this and other forums is that making your own footbag is well worth it and buying through a hand stitcher is the way to go. I was wondering if anyone here could direct me to someone who sells metal templates for cutting panels out and if anyone has any tips for making footbags. I was also wondering if anyone knows a good source to purchase facile and filling. Any help is appreciated.

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Footbag templates

Post by Muffinman » 13 Apr 2014 20:07

Johnny down here in the GTA made me metal templates to my specifications. But you can easily get by with tracing templates out onto fridge magnets or old credit cards or something -- that's how I started. You should come visit. As for facile, I think most of us use this source: http://www.fieldsfabricsonline.com/Ultr ... _c_14.html -- you can buy in 1/8-yard pieces. Can't help with filler since I had someone else get that for me in the USA, but I think size-7 steel shot is pretty standard if you can find that in a sporting goods shop.