Lavers problem

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

Lavers problem

Post by Add Block » 14 Aug 2014 02:43

Hi

I have recently bought a pair of old style Lavers, previously I played with Quantums.

Now I have a problem with my toe box. I used many different lace styles, but nothing works. The toe box 'closes'. As in, the lines with lace holes do not spread apart and get on top of the tow box, and if I stall a bag, it gets caught in the toe box. It is unplayable at this point.

I have tried spreading these apart, leaving them spread over few days, but they always go back. Is there a trick to this that you can share?
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

jooles
Hack Fiend

Re: Lavers problem

Post by jooles » 14 Aug 2014 03:04

I cut the first eyelet, got it from Matt Cross Lavers modification tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwaq3KfD8oE

Works for me!
Julian
Vienna, Austria

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 14 Aug 2014 04:13

I used to always cut the eyelet. My recent restart with footbag, I DO NOT cut the eyelets. My toe game has been indescribably revolutionized. My personal opinion: don't ever, ever EVER (ever) cut the eyelets off. I wish I knew that YEARS ago. But this of course is just my opinion.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Aug 2014 04:15

Thank you, sir!

I didn't want to cut into the shoes, so I have tried the lace style shown in the video first, hoping it would help. And it did, it's made it much better, I think they are playable now, I will try it in a few minutes. It's not 100% ideal, but I think it will be once the laces stretch the shoes out after a couple of sessions.

On another note, I have to say I am quite disappointed in Lavers. They have always been praised for being the best for footbag, and while they are fine, they just can't compare to Quantums. I believe the clipper part can be made similar to Quantums by cutting the first layer, but the toe box and weight is just incomparable.

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Aug 2014 04:16

Thanks Paul. I really didn't want to do that, so I'm happy more people didn't push me into it. I can see how it would improve it, but I'd rather wait for the shoes to stretch out by playing.

Vojta