new version of Quantum shoes!

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
slavgan
Shredaholic

new version of Quantum shoes!

Post by slavgan » 28 Mar 2015 09:33

Footbag Players,
planetfootbag is preparing a brand new version of Quantum shoes. We will deliver a shoe that is to be specificaly designed for footbag freestyle play. Working with shoe design profesionals we want this Quantum to be better in all aspects and suit freestyle needs. We are now collecting data from players to form the best fiting "Last" - a form over which the shoes are molded. The more footbag players fill in their data the better the shoe will be. We ask you for 3 simple measurements:

How to measure:

You will need a paper, pencil and a meter.
Trace your foot when standing (so its in load)
1. Make a line from heel to thumb or the longest finger and measure it.
2. Find the widest point behind your toes (toe joints), and measure it around (circumference)
3. Heel measure, a measure that goes from heel over instep and back to heel again.

Here a short video of what and how to measure:
https://youtu.be/vdRpTVwxRn8

Then fill in those 3 measurements to this survey please:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V7CQGLT

Thank you for your cooperation.
Slava Sidorin
www.flyd.ru

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Re: new version of Quantum shoes!

Post by max » 23 Jun 2015 17:50

Any news on this?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 24 Jun 2015 01:04

It is being worked on by Dexter. A couple of sample shoes will get tested soon.

Dexter's putting a lot of money and effort into this so I'm hoping he'll make something back. Seeing as he had a very hard time to even get a 100 feet measurements from footbaggers, my hopes are not high.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 24 Jun 2015 10:01

I will support Quantums because they are/were my favorite shred shoe. Due to future plans, if the product is high quality, I can bet Freedom will support the effort as well.

On the subject of footbag players measuring their feet, it was difficult for me to come by measuring tape with the metric system that was flexible enough to go around my foot. Thankfully Ianek went to a competition(s) and measured everyone
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 26 Jun 2015 15:21

sidekick wrote:On the subject of footbag players measuring their feet, it was difficult for me to come by measuring tape with the metric system that was flexible enough to go around my foot. Thankfully Ianek went to a competition(s) and measured everyone
Not that its relevant anymore, but you could use a piece of string, mark the lenghts with a sharpie, then measure with a straight ruler.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 26 Jun 2015 15:22

Very excited about a new shoe and will help in any way I can.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 02 Oct 2015 17:37

any news on this shoe? I would love to test a larger size if needed; I wear a 14 and would be very indepth with my analysis and review of the shoe. Thanks, and hope to see this shoe back on the market soon!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 21 Feb 2016 20:27

I need 11 1/2 - 12, any news ?

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Feb 2016 07:47

The shoe template (inner shoe structure) made using the data from players' feet measurements has been tested. It felt good but was sent back to the shoemaker/manufacturer for a couple of minor changes.
Once the template is chosen, a material and a sole will be chosen and then off to some more testing.

I don't believe Dexter can make this any faster, our order size is quite low so I'm guessing the shoemakers are taking their sweet time with it.
The number of players who have submitted their feet measurements was very low, which slowed the whole thing down by quite a lot. If you're expecting a bell curve but only get like 200 points of data, you're going to have to extrapolate a bit and then the testing is a mess.

I wish our facebook group had at least 1500 players, that would've made it much easier. Oh wait... :wink:

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Feb 2016 06:01

Lots of new players have started since that came out. Can we extend measurements to newer players too? or too late?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 26 Feb 2016 13:15

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Lots of new players have started since that came out. Can we extend measurements to newer players too? or too late?
I haven't thought of that. I asked Dexter today and he said it's no longer needed. I was also wrong, while we only received about 100 measurements, both him and the shoemaker said that it's quite enough. Still felt quite weak considering we have some 1700 players on facebook, but I guess it doesn't matter since it wasn't needed.

Vojta