Kankeri Japan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Kankeri Japan

Post by Muffinman » 15 Apr 2021 20:52

Great stuff! Looking forward to the video! Consecutive gyro clippers feels soooo good. And the change in direction makes it so much easier than consecutive spinning clippers (to not get dizzy)!

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 17 Apr 2021 19:31

Loved the symp swirl drill in the last video. Paradox grifter was so clean! Such a cool move.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 28 Apr 2021 16:05

cammel wrote:
17 Apr 2021 19:31
Loved the symp swirl drill in the last video. Paradox grifter was so clean! Such a cool move.
Thanks. I find it difficult on flip, like there isn't enough oomph in the dex.

Been kicking twice a week as per usual. However, the videos have replaced much posting in here. They have also meant that I haven't been taking notes as much.

27 April 2021

:arrow: op knee bump > ss knee stall x3
:arrow: gyro osis x2 > spin osis > rpt
:arrow: left-foot-set torque x4 first try
:arrow: right-foot-set torque x 0, 1, 2, 4 (took a few tries to get x4)
:arrow: stepping ss clipper > step ss osis x4

Here is the most recent video of me. I have more footage to work through still:

TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 30 Apr 2021 08:18

Nice video! Thats a great drill at the end. Mobiuses look great. I guess it isn't the hardest link, but drifter>spinning osis looks awesome!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 May 2021 20:37

You look sexy as hell brother

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 05 May 2021 12:47

cammel wrote:
30 Apr 2021 08:18
Nice video! Thats a great drill at the end. Mobiuses look great. I guess it isn't the hardest link, but drifter>spinning osis looks awesome!
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah the drifter > spinning stuff is trickier than it looks.
Asmus wrote:
01 May 2021 20:37
You look sexy as hell brother
Thanks homie!

Some updates. As mentioned, I returned the camera recently. As a result, I have switched the camera for notes, and am taking some notes again.

29 April 2021

:arrow: op symple butterfly > symp whirl > rpt
:arrow: knee bump > ss knee delay > rpt

3 May 2021

:arrow: Magellan > PLO > rpt x 3.5
:arrow: gyro clip x17 first try
:arrow: blender x2...after too many tries. I'd like these as good as my dynos, almost like I am using them as a bail.
:arrow: drifter > spinning osis x 4.5. May be a PR.

4 May 2021
:arrow: osis > gyro osis x 6
:arrow: smoke bsos
:arrow: DLO > PLO x 2 My left foot sets still need work; this took quite a few tries.
Tjuggles wrote:
14 Apr 2021 13:51

...I got some footage of me trying [toe spinning] and won't spoil the footage by telling you here what I managed to do. However, I will say that the camera was on manual focus the whole time, so not sure how clear things will be. I plan to name the video from that sesh 'focus pocus'.
TJ Boutorwick

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 11 May 2021 18:45

I love first kick of the week.

6 May 2021

:arrow: left-foot-set toe > ss knee stall x7
:arrow: pixie ss mirage x6
:arrow: blender x2

I got some footage from yesterday so will get that cut sooner than later. I think I have another sesh or two to get through before this one.

I just found out that Tokyo Shredder Gathering's request contest is open to anyone so recorded some stuff for that. That was what I chased yesterday.

Here is the most recent video:
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 12 May 2021 17:19

Cool about TSG being open to all, I'm going to check it out.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 12 May 2021 19:53

boyle wrote:
12 May 2021 17:19
Yeah I think it is great. I managed to get all of the links (either a or b, not both), some of them both sides. Fun challenge
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 13 May 2021 22:18

Yeah, I got enough for 5 in the request. Had a few off the foot for both sided but I reckon I can get them in coming days. There was some good combos to try out there.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 14 May 2021 19:41

boyle wrote:
13 May 2021 22:18
Yeah, I got enough for 5 in the request. Had a few off the foot for both sided but I reckon I can get them in coming days. There was some good combos to try out there.
Nice. It might take me a little while to get all bs, and slightly longer for bsos
Typing that last sentence led to a typo which was also a revelation; holding the 'alt' key and then 'b' inserts the bold tags and puts the cursor in the middle. Like this: . You can only imagine where it went next; 'i' and 'u' also work, accordingly. I have been typing these in manually so I wouldn't have to leave the keyboard for the mouse. Now I have the shortcuts.

I mentioned something about this in a previous post; discussing key combos that would do just that! Glad to see it is taken care of.
TJ Boutorwick

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 16 May 2021 15:13

It seems that the colder months are now settling in here. Among other things, that means rain, rain, rain. Luckily I have indoor spots, so not that big of a deal. That being said, there is nothing like kicking outside.

13 May 2021
:arrow: outside kick > spinning osis bsos
:arrow: symple gyro clipper x2
:arrow: symple gyro butterfly x2
:arrow: symple spinning osis bsos
:arrow: pdx drifter > stepping ss clipper > pdx drifter bs
:arrow: swirl x6 bs

I wanted symple butterfly > symp whirl > rpt, but no dice this time.

Here is some leftover footage from 19 April 2021. I was chasing a couple of things. The remaining footage I have I think is from my TSG session.

TJ Boutorwick

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 17 May 2021 09:58

Tjuggles wrote:
12 May 2021 19:53
boyle wrote:
12 May 2021 17:19
Yeah I think it is great. I managed to get all of the links (either a or b, not both), some of them both sides. Fun challenge
This is really cool! I'll try some of these out as well!

Nice videos lately, i really felt those facial expressions after the three contacts of ripwalk>vortex>rpt :lol: .

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 May 2021 15:00

Tjuggles wrote:
16 May 2021 15:13
It seems that the colder months are now settling in here. Among other things, that means rain, rain, rain. Luckily I have indoor spots, so not that big of a deal. That being said, there is nothing like kicking outside.
The temperature has really dropped here this week, freezing cold mornings now. It had been pretty mild up until now. Love that outside kick>spinning osis combo, that sounds fun.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 25 May 2021 07:47

Tjuggles wrote:However, the videos have replaced much posting in here. They have also meant that I haven't been taking notes as much.
Yeah, me too, but I've been enjoying your videos on YouTube!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 03 Jun 2021 13:26

Muffinman wrote:
25 May 2021 07:47
Tjuggles wrote:However, the videos have replaced much posting in here. They have also meant that I haven't been taking notes as much.
Yeah, me too, but I've been enjoying your videos on YouTube!
Thanks! They are slowly adding up, which is great to see. Also like you mentioned somewhere else, the videos are a great track record. Maybe Ken said that actually, can't remember.

Similar to what Ken mentioned recently, my head is still not in the World's mindset. That should change soon though, surely.

Have had a few sessions since the last session post. Feeling good, although something happened to my lower lumbar over the last couple of weeks and it has been either tight or so, can't decide which one. It is getting better now though.

17 May 2021

:arrow: clipper set far legover > pixie ss clipper x 10
:arrow: practice with right foot set blender
:arrow: right foot set blender > osis x 8
:arrow: left foot set blender > osis x 4
:arrow: stepping ss dyno bs
:arrow: pixie op pickup x 4

19 May 2021
:arrow: pixie ss osis > gyro mirage x2
:arrow: left foot set ss clipper x 6

25 May 2021
:arrow: osis > rev swirl x 4
:arrow: PLO and pixie op pickup bsos
:arrow: left foot set double ATW X 4
:arrow: 3-bag juggling x4 a handful of times, sometimes up to x10

27 May 2021
:arrow: pixie muted op clipper > osis > far legover x 8
:arrow: clipper set ss legover > pixie muted op clipper x 4
:arrow: pixie op pickup x 7

1 June 2021
:arrow: symp mirage > PLO x2
:arrow: p mirage > smear (tricky still on right foot set clipper)
:arrow: left foot set atomic toe x 3
:arrow: stepping ss clipper x 5 bs

3 June 2021
:arrow: right foot set diving clip x 12

I managed to take some video from 3 June's session. I also have a slight backlog of videos to cut too, which is nice. I have been spending some time recently learning about the C programming language. Interesting stuff. It is to programming languages what Latin is to English. Carpe Diem!

Here is my entry for Tokyo Shredder Gathering 18:
TJ Boutorwick

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Jun 2021 14:35

Great stuff. You seem to be playing pretty frequently. Nice highlights!
Do you have a goal to program something with C? Do you have a background in programming? Just curious :)

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 06 Jul 2021 12:55

Muffinman wrote:
20 Jun 2021 14:35
Great stuff. You seem to be playing pretty frequently. Nice highlights!
Thanks, Erik. I play about 2 days a week, pretty religiously. I took a week off last week, or maybe the week before to see if it would help my lower back stop hurting. Marginal returns, so Ima just not stretch it for a little while. Part of me thinks that the cold weather, i.e., winter, is somehow affecting it.
Muffinman wrote:
20 Jun 2021 14:35
Do you have a goal to program something with C? Do you have a background in programming? Just curious :)
I do have an idea in mind for a game and/or a learning tool. I also think learning C is like learning Latin; it will help with learning many other languages. It is also fast, and not bloated like higher-level languages. I did my undergrad in Japanese Language and culture, with a minor in computer information systems, so I suppose the answer is yes I do have a background? :)

On to shred. I have been playing regularly, and have a lot of footage to edit; something like 5 days-worth! Will have to carve out some time. I have had the camera for most of the sessions, which means limited notes.

16 June 2021
:arrow: muted atomic ss toe x4
:arrow: fairy op legover x 7, a new record

5 July 2021
:arrow: toe set gyro toe x2

6 July 2021
:arrow: 18 good form atw in-out (left foot)
:arrow: atomic legover > PLO x2

Worlds will be interesting this year. I don't have real goals this year, and am competing just for the love of the sport. Well, that and to push myself I suppose. I will likely be kicking more often starting now up until the end of competition, to build endurance and ensure I am in good form. This means I may kick for shorter times, to not burn out. I thought I had a song for routines, but then found another one that I may use instead. I have been noting down different combos I would like to include, and maybe tried a couple of times just tiltless-ing through the song to get a feel for it. I think I should start upping the game though.

In other news, I got residency in New Zealand! We applied in September 2019, meaning it has taken just about two years to process. That was a long wait, and a global pandemic didn't help to speed things up. Waiting to get out passports back from immigration (they are in the mail on their way back as I type this). Then, we need to wait about 2 years before we can apply for permanent residency, and then bob is your uncle.

Oh, I did get a silly one-shot filmed yesterday, so will upload that asap.
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 Jul 2021 23:16

Nice work on the residency. How does that work for coming to Aus? NZ citizens (and Aus the other way) can just travel between each country and work as they like. I feel I haven't built up enough for Worlds but there's still a bit of time to get cranking.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 07 Jul 2021 12:00

Looking forward to the 5-days worth of footage and the one-shot, haha. I should do another of those, but I'm scared I'll have to post another 1 contact string.