A Master with a Riceball

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Asmus' Footblog

Post by C-Fan » 28 Apr 2016 06:24

Loved the animation of the ripstein. I'd like to see more of that kind of thing.

Top post painting: Francis Bacon, "Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X"

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 28 Apr 2016 23:59

The plan is to do something more with footbag and animation….

Love me some Francis Bacon.

Saw this one in Madrid that I am really feeling:
Portrait of George Dyer in a Mirror (at Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza)
1968, Oil on canvas, 198 x 147 cm

Had the pleasure of playing footbag yesterday with Mathias Blau and Nis Petersen. Nis pushed his knee a little too hard and had to end the session early. It was a lot of fun playing with Blauski. Two highlights from him I liked:
Neutronsmasher/Johnny Quest bsos
Crispy Swifter b2b
I challenged him to hit Atomic Gyro DLO (that should be named Johnny Bravo) and he got close. Now we got a race where he has to do that [bsos] and I have to do Crispy Swifter [bsos]. I definitely have a bit of a head start, but he is a beast so you never know.

I played pretty well, no big highlights, but I could definitely feel that it does good things to my game to play twice in a week.

Here is the graphic of how much a I played this month:
Introducing the yellow dot! The yellow dot is when I play at a time that is not our regular scheduled practices.
I also reached my goal of playing 4 times this month.

YAY FOOTBAG!

Everybody seems to be sharing music at the moment. Here is what I am listening to at the moment. Killer tune and killer video. Definition of bromance.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 02 May 2016 23:57

FIRST DAY OUT (of hopefully many) 2016

I had the pleasure of getting a little 1 on 1 action in with a sexy young player named Mathias Blau yesterday. That boy can cook. We played for a little over an hour and I filmed for the last 20 minutes. So here are some decent runs by him and some bad runs by me. Sorry for the blurriness (pun intended) apparently you have to refocus if you move around the lens.

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 06 May 2016 00:37

I dug the video! I wish we could have played more when I was in Denmark. Also Mathias is nuts. I think that's got to be a first for someone to hit atomic gyro mirage bsos.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 May 2016 04:15

I am going to take a guess and say Lynton Stephens would have been bsosing that one in the late 90s. Nice video, pretty wild shorts. Blauski looking good.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 06 May 2016 22:57

SlashC wrote:I dug the video! I wish we could have played more when I was in Denmark. Also Mathias is nuts. I think that's got to be a first for someone to hit atomic gyro mirage bsos.

Atomic gyro mirage - fairy gyro mirage repeat was one of the most annoying drills I decided to learn to hit.

That being said, dear Asmus, if you felt so inclined I wouldn't mind you asking sir Blauski to hit that himself.

Thanks for continuing to post Mr. Moose
Jay Boychuk

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 18 May 2016 02:01

Nice video, pretty wild shorts.
It is not by accident that I am considered the best dressed footbagger in Scandinavia and probably the entire world.
Atomic gyro mirage - fairy gyro mirage repeat was one of the most annoying drills I decided to learn to hit.
That is such a badass drill! I asked him about it and he liked the challenge.

I forgot to write about last session (It was Friday the 6th). I played outside with Troels, Andreas and Mathias. Fun in the sun. No highlights I can remember, but now it at least got mentioned that I played.

I took last week off for a couple of reasons - drama at home, weather took a turn for the worse and my legs could feel the sudden increase in sessions.

I just ordered tickets for Euros in Frankfurt so it is time to get back at it! Gonna fly in early friday morning and out sunday afternoon. Gonna share a room with Angelo from Berlin. So I am sure it is gonna be good times, even though the freestyle looks like it will be really small.

I also bought a GoPro HERO4 Silver. I chose the SILVER over the BLACK because the prize is much lower, it has touch-display, and I am not that interested in 4k.

Here is a full comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8KTYTjFsnw

Looking forward to taking my new baby for a spin at Euros.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 18 May 2016 02:55

I have a silver gopro (only 3+, it's a couple of years old now) as well, I have enjoyed having it. Get some glitches every now and then which Ken has gone into some detail explaining. I reckon you will have a pretty wild time at the Euros. Who are the main contenders heading there? I imagine there will be some Czechs, maybe some Polish guys? Is Mr Blauski going? He looks in pretty good form at the moment.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 20 May 2016 03:40

boyle wrote:I reckon you will have a pretty wild time at the Euros. Who are the main contenders heading there? I imagine there will be some Czechs, maybe some Polish guys? Is Mr Blauski going? He looks in pretty good form at the moment.
I am not sure about who of the main contenders will go. I would guess Vasek is going. I don’t think either Jindra, Milan or Honza are going. Mathias is not going - he is actually not in good form at the moment, he just always looks this good. I think we will have to look a bit further down the rankings for the other contenders. It could be: Jakub, Filip, Alexander Trenner and Andreas Nawrath. Since it is in Germany maybe Chinsen will show up. That would be cool.

Had a fantastic session yesterday in the sun with a big part of the crew and some guests.

In attendance were: Jan (+ his kids who kicked a little), Andreas, Verena, my dear little brother, Nis and his friend Basse who is also the treasurer of FootbagDenmark.

I played decent through out the sessio nand got to play with everybody.

First with Jan, Andreas and Vena.. Been awhile since I have played with Jan and it was easy to see that he had been practicing on the sly. Verena dropped early on a Pdx Whirl - I gave her a passback - and she prooced to hit 10 Pdx Whirls b2b ending with Pdx Blender. That was pretty badass. Andreas was experimenting with some cool things for example Neo Gyro. I like his creativity.

After that I teached my little brother about “the magic hop” and then I played a bit with Nis. Speaking of Nis you should check out the new video he did from Russia:
I sent the animation I posted previously to Anssi and he cleared something up. It is actually not him but Tuomas. What fooled me is that in the video I used you never see Tuomas’ face but you see the face of Mr. Anz.
He really liked the animation and wanted me to do one for his app project. That should be fun and work out well.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 21 May 2016 11:25

I must have missed the previous post. that ripstein animation is dope!
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 21 May 2016 11:27

Asmus wrote: Verena dropped early on a Pdx Whirl - I gave her a passback - and she prooced to hit 10 Pdx Whirls b2b ending with Pdx Blender.
Things like this happen in mine and Swizzles sessions sometimes. One of my favorite parts of footbag.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 May 2016 03:33

I must have missed the previous post. that ripstein animation is dope! Things like this happen in mine and Swizzles sessions sometimes. One of my favorite parts of footbag.
Thank you and I agree.

Speaking of that animation. Here is the animation I did for Anz’ app. Really happy with how it turned out:

Played footbag on Monday with Kim and Nis. It was really good to see Kim again but other than that it was a pretty dull session. I had one highlight: Schmoe > Symp Mirage [bsos]

Got the new GoPro. It didn’t work. Spent around 3 hours with GoPro’s support trying to fix it. Till they finally admitted it was probably dead/broken from scratch. Now I am waiting for a new one.

Euros is soon. Distortion (my favorite part of the year in Copenhagen) is even sooner. Here is a video from last year: (Basically they turn different burroughs into a massive party everyday for a week)

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 25 May 2016 05:00

Distortion was amazing last year. Highlight of my time in Copenhagen!
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 30 May 2016 01:11

AdAstra wrote:Distortion was amazing last year. Highlight of my time in Copenhagen!
It really is too bad we didn't get a chance to hang out and/or kick.

Played footbag on saturday with Mathias, Nis, Verena and Peder. I played fairly well. Had a run with Symp Mirage and SS Symp Mirage all bsos. I also liked Spinning Clipper > Gyro Mirage bs

Nis gave me some pointers on my sick3 for Euros. Definitely good tips that should at least make it possible to hit it.
Here is a great video about one of the biggest innovators in skateboarding ever. Love his view on life and his sport.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 09 Jun 2016 23:16

STATUS FOR MAY
It went decent with my amount of sessions. Not exactly two sessions a week but more than one. It is also nice to see that all the dots this time is yellow, meaning sessions outside. Not every year you get a May like this in Copenhagen. Here is the graphic:

SESSION
I played footbag yesterday. Solo and pure drilling trying to get better. I can’t remember the last time I had one of these sessions.
Very windy, back hurt and my allergies were going crazy but I did get a bit of work done.
Couple of embarrassing highlights:
- Butterfly > Pdx Mirage [rpt] * 2 = 8 contacts
- Mirage * 10 [bs]
- Close to 50 contacts of Tiltless (I would guess 45)

I played to this very funky mix.

EUROS HYPE
This time next week I have landed in Frankfurt ready for Euros. Exactly 10 years ago I went to my first international tournament the World Championships in Frankfurt. Kinda crazy. Here are the two videos I made from that tournament:

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Jun 2016 08:34

I am currently sitting on the top floor in my childhood home looking out over the water of Svendborg Sund and drinking a glass of cold white wine.

Earlier today me and my dear littlebrother kicked played some footbag. I am very happy that my little brother has started playing after Worlds. I don't think he will ever get good, but he is making progress andit feels good to have him around. It is nice that he can both see that the community is amazing and that is fun to kick. He hit his first Legover today. Props to him!

I didn't hit anything. I worked a little on my Sick3 and it is a stretch that I will hit it at Euros. I think I might have to do a safety combo first and then go for it though.

New title to da blaaawg because hip hop and footbag mixes so well. Not a big Notorious fan, but what the hell..

Here is a silly drawing of me playing petanque:

Derek
Fearless

Re: Notorious B.A.G. AKA Footy Smalls AKA BIG SHREDDA

Post by Derek » 11 Jun 2016 13:07

Psh, Peder's already rippin' Legovers? Blenders will be in no time. Look forward to seeing your Sick 3. Dig the title, and not much of a Biggy fan, either. In the drawing, if I'm not mistaken, your left hand is over a bottle of Jäger ;)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 11 Jun 2016 22:21

Damn man, just had the best time catching up on the last two pages of your blog. You got animation, art, calendars, music, new videos, old videos, and the victory day video was cool. There was so much talent at Euros 06. I really enjoyed watching that video again. Great blog.
Justin Dale
Videos

Peder
Circle Kicker

Post by Peder » 13 Jun 2016 04:56

I've got mixed feelings about this after calling myself the main figure of the next generation of footbag players. Footbag 3.0. Bitch. I don't know what blender is, but im sure i can hit that like i'm hitting girls atm(not the Chris Brown way).

Just kidding. Shredding for the fitness.

/P

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 15 Jun 2016 23:51

Thanks for the nice words guys. I love it when people comment.

Here is a lil GIF of my lilbro’s first Legover. He is already hitting them much nicer and pretty frequently.

This time tomorrow I have landed in Frankfurt, packed out and is probably just waking up for a small nap before the Berlin guys roll in. It’s gonna be a blast.

I had a small solo preparation for Euros session yesterday.

Beforehand I asked Jorden Moir and Nick Polini for some advice on my shitty infinites. Nick’s where more directly about me, so they stay in pocket. But Jorden’s were pretty general, so I might as well share:
1. on the catch - turn your support foot in about 30 degrees. keep your thighs parallel
2. pull the shoulder of your clipper foot up and back
3. land the support foot and catch the clipper at the exact same time. you're landing a split second before
4. clench the clipper foot hard when it lands and wait for it to settle before setting
5. push your hips forward = don't stick your butt out :)

I worked infinites, ripwalks and my sick3.

Frankfurt here I come!