brinard

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 14 Feb 2008 07:52

well thanks goes out to the 4 people who care... dat, henry, rory, and crowley. we really appreciate you. this experience has opened our eyes to friendship that's real. not only with footbagers, but local friends too. if you put return addresses on your cards, be expecting something in return.

its been rough. cell phone, credit card, house and car bills... but we are making it through. we are taking the next month to go through her house and get it ready to put up for rent. we hope to own it soon... and having tenants will help us reach that goal.

footbag has been on the back burner since new years... i really want to kick, i think it would help with my energy and mood, but just haven't had the time or the place.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 14 Feb 2008 14:18

Maybe it's not my place to say this but i guess i'll go ahead and say it anyway.

The time and place may not always be obviously available. I think sometimes you have to create time to play instead of just waiting for it to come.

But i dont really know anything about your situation.

Just trying to be deep and helpful. :)

BR
Ben Rea

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 14 Feb 2008 15:32

Why would anyone play footbag when they could spend all their time... getting into trouble!

Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 15 Feb 2008 04:26

i know you guys dont liek me but im still gonna say this:

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Brian, life is crazy like that sometimes. I feel like no matter what happens after death, we KNOW that energy can not be created or destroyed, and I believe conciousness is a form of energy. So somewhere a baby is opening their eyes and about to experience a whole new world, whether it be a human, a squirrel, or something on another planet.

Good luck and cherish the gift of life by enjoying the challenges with the rewards.

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 15 Feb 2008 06:25

Ruh-roh.
Ben Rea

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 17 Feb 2008 12:29

so we've been going through her house, taking stuff a little bit at a time. we got the cds and videos boxed up (what we didnt want to keep) and some of her clothes. we found some awesome baby pictures, and i plan to make brian a photo album out of them. can you believe he was blonde!?

we got a credit card payed off, we have to pay a phone bill and cancel some other bills and such. brian got a phone on my family's plan with a new number. we got some crystal hummingbirds of hers. her sisters are acting apeshit, and the family is starting to split in half. we are trying to resolve the issue, but seems that every family goes through this with a death.

little girl, his mom's dog, is now under our care. she's like a little person. she got a new purple collar and shes adorable.

i'm doing an informational speech on friday about footbag. im kind of excited, and kind of nervous. part of the speech is supposed to have a visual aid, so im gonna bring crochet hacks, footbags, and a video of tina (graffiti shred).

ive been playing a video game, its kind of like warcraft but its free and text based. call me a nerd if you want... but its my only source of fun right now. im a level 50 druid and i can morph into jaguars, hyenas, eagles, squirrels, bears, and elephants. i can also harvest plants and make health vials and such. it's a fun game. achaea.

thanks for the encouragment, ben and sam. i dont believe in that energy stuff, sam, but i do try to look at good things in life. we're doing okay and handling this well, and appreciate that ya'll are thinking about us.

oh yes, i get my drivers' license back at the end of march!! and ill be turning 21 on may 29th!

i entered the student addy competition (google if you don't know what it is). i'll find out soon if i won anything

edit: no, we dont really like you sam, but that doesn't mean we have to be rude to you. do you even remember why we don't like you in the first place?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 17 Feb 2008 12:34

I remember. :roll:

I learned to type on a MUD called realms of imagination. It was great.
Last edited by QuantumBalance on 17 Feb 2008 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Feb 2008 12:38

You are both great, strong people that have amazing potential.

I've always been impressed by what you two produce and create.

I don't really have anything I can say to make anything better other than to say that your buddy from canada wishes you the best in this trying time.

*hug*!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 17 Feb 2008 12:46

Holly and Brian,

it's so hard for me to know what to say in a time like this. I'm glad we got to hang out and have some happy time right before your lives got all turned upside down.

I have never gone through anything like what you're experiencing, Brian, so I don't claim to know how you feel, or that I "feel your pain". But, I do feel my own pain, knowing that you (and holly, to a different degree) are going through something so difficult right now. Brian, if you need to vent, or just work through some stuff, please get in touch.

I just wish I could do something to help lighten your mood or mindset, but I don't really feel that I can from here.

just know that you've got my support, and if you need anything, let me know. I don't know what you'd need, or else I'd just offer it up. But I'm here for the both of you.

I hope the sun rises for you soon, and life goes on with a brand new day. Be strong, friends.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 17 Feb 2008 13:31

things can only get better from this point. i cant imagine how much it hurts right now (and im not even particularly close to my parents) but things can only improve from here. best wishes

pb

edit- i just noticed me and holly were born like 2-3 days apart. im going to be 21 on june 1st.
Last edited by slapdash21 on 17 Feb 2008 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 17 Feb 2008 14:47

You two are the strongest people I know and respect. It was a pleasure that we met and hung out at Worlds. Those were some of the happiest times I've ever had with footbaggers, and it pains me extremely so to read such tragedies from such good people.

Footbag is footbag. You either make time or you put it away for something much more important. As of now, you two are forming your lives into stronger, deeper bonds and networks. Life and death are always around us - always prominent and always imminent. However, what I truly believe in is the connectivity with people, and how we as a community of people (of footbaggers), no matter how far we are from each other we are always connected.

People in general do not know each other so much at an intimate level (unless we are in intimate relationships), but I believe that we become strong and grow even stronger from all the life stories that we explain and share, no matter how vulnerable it makes the writer feel once it becomes public. There is no shame in that respect. The more you guys share to us, the more we will read, and the more we will try to understand. It makes the connection of our friendships that much better and fruitful.

Holly, Brian, you two are strong, and will continue to grow stronger as time goes on. Footbag will always be in your hearts. The community of Footbag will always be in your hearts. Never give up.

Take care.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 17 Feb 2008 18:16

Hey Holly, I've been playing a text-based MUD Materia Magica for about 8 years (though I sometimes take breaks for years at a time), yes, I'm a nerd also. I have a level 176 Dracon Wizard, a level 60 Minotaur Rogue, a level 120 Minotaur Psionic, and a level 78 Sidhe Druid. Not to mention about 20 others I've made over the years :lol: I just found Achaea on the MUD client Portal GT, I may check it out. I'm off work for the winter, so I have nothing better to do either lol.
Andrew Langstaff

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 17 Feb 2008 19:33

Holly and Brian,

I haven't checked modified in awhile now, so it was a huge surprise to see this. I'm really sorry for your loss Brian and I hope you and Holly are holding it together alright. I wish that everything works out for the best in terms of the family as well. I was at the Buddhist temple with my grandmother today, and although I'm not Buddhist, I prayed for peace for your mom and your family and the fortune that came from the prayer was one of light ahead. I hope that brings you some consolation.

My sincerest condolences.
Pengpeng Du

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 06 Mar 2008 06:25

thanks everyone. im glad we have friends in faraway places to help cheer us up when we need it.

some good news:

we went and saw LES CLAYPOOL at cityhall, and he played a badass show. people were lighting up in the crowd, and lots of cigarettes made it alittle less enjoyable, but im still very happy we went. it was GREAT!!

we're getting some player rewards textless cards for mtg soon!! yay! freebie!

ive fully twinked my warcraft character! im only about 300gold short of being finished. but as he is, got all the gear, weapons, and other niceties.

some bad news:

we got the flu that night. its awful. we have both missed 3 days of class, and i hope we can return tomorrow or soon. it sucks being sick. i havet went to the doctor in 5 years, and we went yesterday, just to show how bad it is. i coiuld barely stand, let alone work on classwork or janitorial shit.

our school knocks down a letter grade for missing 4 classes, and you fail for missing 6 classes. we missed class when my mom passed, so we're in danger territory. hopefully we can make up some classes with our teachers.

still no footbag. probably not for this semester. no stitiching. no kicking. no nothing. (no time)

so i guess thats life in a nutshell for brian and holly.

toodles.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 06 Mar 2008 08:43

Whoah do I feel like a doosh. I never really read your guys' blog so this is the first time I've heard about Brian's mom. So now I'm like a triple double dooshbag for never reading your blog, or noticing the tragedy you had and sending my condolonces. Sorry guys, I really don't know what to say. I hope you guys feel better, I got the flu a couple months ago, it sucked pretty bad. BTW Southwest regionals have been bumped to June. So hopefully all your busy stuff will have wound-down by then.

My 2 cents, play footbag instead of WOW :P Priorities guys, priorities :) Hopefully that will keep your spirits up during tough times..

Wishing you well from Texas,

Iron Nad

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 06 Mar 2008 08:49

Eat/drink plenty of antioxidants (pomegranate, tomatoes, dark chocolates), hot tea (chamomile or the less caffeinated varieties) and plenty of hot showers. Get plenty of rest guys. :)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 06 Mar 2008 12:03

A thought sparked by Wasabi's "hot showers" comment

Sauna's are great for moistening and clearing junk out of your lungs and sweating out toxins
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 16 Apr 2008 17:34

Hey guys, it's been a while.

As usual, we have been busy. The majority of our time is spent at school, because we work and go to classes. My little brother has been awarded a full ride scholarship for University of Memphis. My twin has finally gotten rid of the girl he was going to marry.

I got a promotion today. The secretary is quitting, and I am filling her place. This means I have to work from 7:30am to 1:30pm everyday, but I'm getting paid more, and it also means I'll have some time during the day to get stuff done.

My knees are messed up. It's been like this since NYJ... and I think it's permanent. I've decided I might pick up footbag over the summer, but if I start to feel it's hazardous, then I'll stop. I'm going to make an effort to do something active... so if I can't footbag I'm going to ride bikes or jog.

I know that I am going to stitch again. So start shooting me emails.

I miss all my footbag friends. I miss worlds and I miss Chicago boys. I miss Kevin Crowley and Rory Dawson. I miss getting on modified, even though half of it is useless. I miss Dat, Emily, Fletch, Waylon, Peng, Tom, Zach J, and all my other friends.

Some more good news, I got my drivers license back and I'm no longer on probation. All that is behind me now and I can finally move forward.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 16 Apr 2008 18:58

hi-owdy

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 17 Apr 2008 07:52

hey.

i was wondering if you guys died or somethting

good to see your back