Jamieson Hickingbotham

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 15 Oct 2007 04:39

Yeah pete, can't wait to see it! I need to hear what you've been hitting.

Ian: Shit, that's like 101 in footbag nomenclature... >< I've been away from these forums too long. And I just decided I'm going to check out the facile and pm you as soon as this post is done. sorry I'm so lazy.

Janis: I put in hours for the last week and a bit... no way I could shred like that without some practice dude ;)

My mate matt that was watching on sunday came over to my place tonight and we played footbag! so psyched. He hit 5 toe delays in a row. He hit clipper like second try?! Also got clipper > toe delay. What a champ. He came so close to flipside clipper. I hope he gets psyched for it, I think he wants to get fit etc as well so it all looks good. I lent him my lavers I haven't modded yet and my fletcher funk bag (which I put some more weight in, finally) and he said he was going to practice when he got home :)

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 15 Oct 2007 04:45

james_dean wrote:Janis: I put in hours for the last week and a bit... no way I could shred like that without some practice dude ;)
:D

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 28 Oct 2007 04:42

ugh, too long a break. just had too much on/really tired etc. Just had a 45 min sesh. it was lame as, I had no energy at all. Probably shouldn't have had a steak half an hour before I played either... :oops:

Bloggy

Challenge

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 20 Nov 2007 05:39

Got back last week from an awesome trip in fiji, amazing place. Will post pics in a few days when i get them off my mate.

Played friday for an hour.... pretty average session just worked on basics all the usual.

Played for an hour tonight. It was great. Made some great progress on butterfly and whirl. Stepping was looking good too. Just form and all that. Was being really disciplined and then got distracted by blaze.... oops. But:

Blazing Butterfly b2b
Whirlwalk bs
Blazing Pdx Drifter bs

fock yeeeeeah!

Also pwned at netball tonight. I've actually quit cause it's hard enough to get footbag sesh's in as it is, but they needed a fill in :roll: best game ever though. We played a really good team, they were one player down in the first half but had subs in the second. We beat them by 2 points. Despite the obvious advantage, it felt awesome. We all played so well, esp the teamwork. Worth making the trip tonight :) Still not staying on though... gotta kick the arse of this footbag thing hell YEAH.

Bloggy

Challenge

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 20 Nov 2007 06:27

Glad to hear you are still putting in some hours with the bag.

Any chance of sorting this facile out? Im bored of my colours lol
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 20 Nov 2007 06:47

Jamie wrote:Blazing Butterfly b2b
Whirlwalk bs
Blazing Pdx Drifter bs
oh i am SO jealous. doucebag. :lol:

props
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 29 Dec 2007 12:40

Sup Dude?
Kicking the bag? I hope so..

I should totally send you this in a PM. It's more a request than anything. But since it relates to your blog I'm putting it in here.

If you don't or even if you still play footbag you should start posting in here about your DJ adventures. I would love reading about it!!!

What songs your into, what techniques your learning etc. Maybe you could even start putting up small mixes in here. That would be sick!

Have you watched wave twisters? It's an animated movie by DJ Qbert.
It evolves around hiphop and especially scratching. I think it's really interesting visually and sound wise.

Plot summary:
A crew of heroes, cleverly disguised as a team of oral hygenists, is determined to save the lost arts of Hip Hop (B-boying, Graffiti, MCing, and of course, Skratching) from total extinction. The lost arts are being oppressed throughout inner-space by lord Ook and his evil minions the Chinheads. The dental commander and his team, armed with the ancient relic known as the Wave Twister (the only weapon powerful enough to defeat the enemies), travel to the far ends of inner-space for a final confrontation with the sinister army of oppressors!

Watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHS44U6FDlo

And check this youtube profile:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skul
So many sweet DJ and scratch videos.

What a rant..

Catch you soon Champ,
A

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 29 Dec 2007 16:31

Hmmm, this idea... I like!

Still no footbag, can't even clipper... really should be having toe sesh's >< OK, toes before hoes this afternoon.

Not much DJing this week either. Still waiting for that damn behringer... no mail for like 4 days now? freakin NYE... I know it's christmas but it can't take this long to get it from Sydney to my door... Bought a Bang Gang DeeJay's mix cd the other week while in melb from this random record shop... it's mad. 65 tracks on 2 discs, big mash up! Lot of fun. Saw a Trentemoller... sort of like a best of. So damn tempting but I'd spent too much and it was $30 >< Will probably get it soon though, looks rad.

Haven't got any more tracks off beatport lately... no mula... pity, I'm thirstin for something new... maybe this payday :) Actually make that definately, I should hopefully have the behringer by then so it'll be good to have new tracks. Just looking forward to really getting to know my music once I can mix at home.

FIRST LIVE SET: Joint 21st party on 12th jan. I swear if I don't get that damn thing soon I won't be ready for it 8O it'll be all good though... Also having a huge party at my place while the folks are at the beach. Possibly the 11th... dunno. Hard to find time with 2 close mates 21sts in that time. Been telling heaps of people on the town about it though, people that are into good music. Basically decking my backyard out as a club for the night. My mate has lighting, a disco ball, smoke machine... I think he's about to buy a strobe and we're playing sets so it'll be mad. Will post pics afterwards, hoping to record the sets too. Getting a laptop in like, a week, so I'll be fully kitted to record mixes etc. Can't wait.

Oh and guess what my DJ name is....

James Dean

hehehehe

Bloggy

Challenge

gatapia
Hack Fiend

Post by gatapia » 30 Dec 2007 00:29

play hacky sack you hippie!

Guido
Guido Tapia

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 01 Jan 2008 15:58

agreed.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 04 Jan 2008 06:30

Whatever!

my behringer was fucked. fuck!!!!!

angry!!!

Bloggy

Challenge

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 05 Jan 2008 18:52

Well Happy New Year and all that jazz... mine was lame, lame friends, lame bailing on us, oh well. At least I got wasted and no hangover 8)

Sooo, I was drunk in that last post. Best friday night ever sitting out the back yard, me and my mate on our laptops drinking jager... Yeah, my laptop, bought it a couple days ago. It's so sick!! Love it. And love having my own computer.

2.2Ghz, 2Gb DDR RAM, 320Gb HD, 17inch screen..... god it's hawt.

But my Behringer midi controller doesn't work properly. The buttons are screwed. so pissed off, took them long enough to get it to me and now i doesn't even work! Guess I'll send it back tomorrow... ><Won><

Bloggy

Challenge

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 07 Jan 2008 14:57

Best friday night ever sitting out the back yard, me and my mate on our laptops drinking jager
Both sitting on your laptops talking to each other on msn?????? ;)

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 08 Jan 2008 00:47

lawl NO UR A FAG GOSH!!1!!11!

we came up with some great ideas. which weren't really. it was funny.

So I figured out my behringer problem was a software and compatibility problem which I've 50% figured out. I'll get there but it's bloody annoying in the process.

Dad is being an absolute shit and won't let me have the party. I'm so god damn sick of him he's impossible to live with. GOD FUCKING DAMN I was looking forward to that so bad, it was going to be perfect, FUCKING PERFECT!!!

ugh.

I'm really tired/headachy/shitty with dad the last couple of days, so, foul mood. It's nearly 8 o'clock and dinner still isn't ready. God damn. A man's gotta eat. Glad they're going to the beach for 3 weeks tomorrow, I REALLY can't wait to get out of the parents house...

Bloggy

Challenge

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Jan 2008 23:52

you are old enough to look after yourself, and you could get good rates on a bank loan, just buy a house!

but srsly, more hack.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 11 Jan 2008 20:25

moving out with mates this year, hopefully won't take too long for it to come together.

Hacking this arvo :D

srsly

so, 21st is tonight. i'm going through all my old Wild cd's for music... apparantly they're into commercial stuff :roll: oh well, it'll be fun anyway.

Bloggy

Challenge

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 15 Jan 2008 04:10

so, djing didn't reeeaaally go down at the party. Guess it was just the wrong scene. Wasn't as big as i expected for a joint birthday... and everyone seemed to convene outside and in the kitchen, instead of in the loungeroom where the dancefloor was... I gave it a go a couple of times but I guess it was the wrong crowd so I got drunk instead :D

bad news was I'd called in sick that day at work and I got seen out that night... big trouble :x

watched Battlestar Galactica for about 10 hours almost straight on sunday. best. day. ever. 8)

I actually played footbag tonight. wow. go me! laaaame...

Anyway played for just under an hour... pretty casual. I can actually manage a clipper on my ankle now but I'm avoiding them cause it's not good for my ankle. Worked on all the usual basic toe stuff + atomic set and eggbeater. Both saw good improvement. Atomic just needs to be brought back up to speed, a few minutes each sesh and I'll have it back in no time. Also started learning pixie flipside (lol) which involves completely changing how I set the bag cause it's all lame... found it really awkward because the muscle memory is so ingrained but it'll get there. I always knew I'd learn it eventually hehehe.

also my illusions kicked ass. I love illusion. Makes mirage look like such a n00b.

Bloggy

Challenge

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 10 Feb 2008 05:39

So I've had a couple of sessions since that last one but I couldn't be bothered posting them. More of the same, really. Eggbeaters starting to look alright... Flip toe is getting better and less lamo. I can use my clipper now but have to be careful...

This weekend was the best ever. Friday night got fairly drunk at a mates place and watched the mighty boosh. hilarious. Saturday bummed all day then went to melbourne saturday night. We took buckets with ice and beers in them for the trip down... was so awesome carrying those into the backpacker loungeroom, setting them down and getting into it hehe. Left at around 11:30 to go to a place called Brown Alley, which is suuuuper classy. Will definately go back there. Most importantly though...

I was going to see James Zabiela

faaarrrrk if you don't know who this man is you need to find out. The guy is a total nerd but that makes him a fucking genius behind the decks. He does some really mad shit with CDJ1000's and a pioneer effects unit. Youtube some vids he's crazy... here's an example how he scratches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE39A2hgZ64
Probably enjoyed that more than any other DJ I've seen before? Barring Daft Punk which is a damn given. He has so much energy too... he'd mosh a lot right before the beat dropped in so it made me mosh a lot too hehe. He was so fucking intense though... god damn, wish I could see him again, now...

funny as we were walking out to get some energy drinks before his set... as we walk out he walks in and the bouncer's like "where's your armband?" he just goes "no armband" and keeps walking :lol: really bizarre though, they had this shitty minimal DJ on before him. I mean if it's sunday arvo and i'm sitting back in a bar then that's all fine, but I'm in a club, it's 1am and I want to fucking dance ok?? Zabiela played 2-6 and it was completely light when we got to bed... that's a sign of a good night.

Woke up at like 10am, felt really shitty even though I hadn't drank much. I think I filled my body with a load of energy drinks and shitty pizza and combined with the lack of sleep it fucked me up. I got 2 boost drinks (australian chain of really healthy smoothies and fruit juices, they blend it up for you and have all these proteins and energy boosters you can put in, all natural shit not like energy drinks, they're tops) and a fair serving of sushi and it picked me up real good, felt great after that. Which is a good thing, after shopping for cd's and picking up an awesome pair of sennheiser headphones for djing, which are caressing me ears ever so lovely like right now, I met up with the guys at fed square and we moved to st kilda for a shred.

\/\/FOOTBAG\/\/

St kilda fest was on, people flipping eeeeverywhere. Crowds like that piss me off something chronic, everything takes forever. Played footbag for 2 & 1/2 hours, good fun. First time really using my strong clipper again so I was excessively lame, really struggled to hit anything good and got frustrated a bit at first but got over it. Just relaxed and had fun... was so good to be with the guys again. Couple highlights were Janiwalker first try... then next go frontside janiwalker first go hehe. Also pigbeater which i think I've only hit once before? Mostly just a lot of fun... good to meet pat too. Dan was obsessed with some indian book about dieities and repose... I dunno, he spent most of the day sitting off to the side staring intently at his bag... some of that's true and some of it's false, but he did shred like a god.

Returning from injury seemed to be the theme of the day and I injured my ankle again towards the end of the day attempting frontside fury.... :oops: not bad though, it was pretty much ok again within 10 minutes but I'll still stick to toe moves for this week at least. It needs work anyway hehehe.

^^^FOOTBAG^^^

These headphones are so awesome. Block out sound really well, nice and loud, really good quality, now i can get my dj rocks on. They'd wanna be good for $130 anyway...

oh also bought about 7 cd's today... most notably the Trentemoller chronicles, a Booka Shade cd, Midnight Juggernaughts (which is fucking amazing) and Air - 10,000 Hz Legend... i think I have nearly all their albums now. I have a chance to see them in april, expensive though, undecided so far. will probably go though.

edit: oh damn I forgot one of the best bits from last night.... barring Zabiela's inhumane insaneness of course. I came onto a bar chick, it was awesome. She was super cute so i was like fuck this, I'm going for it. I thought I was pretty suave, and I was nowhere even near drunk, but she didn't bite. She thought I WAS drunk for some reason... I guess she wouldn't expect a sober guy to try and pick up the girl behind the bar. i was pretty pleased with myself for having a go though :D
Last edited by james_dean on 10 Feb 2008 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

Bloggy

Challenge

Cope
Shredalicious

Post by Cope » 10 Feb 2008 05:50

I hate whites
Nathan Cope

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 10 Feb 2008 08:17

james_dean wrote: I came onto a bar chick, it was awesome. She was super cute so i was like fuck this, I'm going for it. I thought I was pretty suave, and I was nowhere even near drunk, but she didn't bite. She thought I WAS drunk for some reason... I guess she wouldn't expect a sober guy to try and pick up the girl behind the bar. i was pretty pleased with myself for having a go though :D
I had a smiliar experience this weekend. Only difference where that I was piss drunk and her boyfriend was the other bartender. That was akward..