Kljopa's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 17 Jun 2011 08:16

Boy it has been a while.

In short the Gravity Control thing got delayed till autumn, i do have a few kids though, hopefully they will make it through the 1st stage of footbag freestyle.

School is over, left some subjects for autumn, just couldn't stand it anymore, quite boring.
Summer is great, played outside quite a few times, we opened the busking season also, with the Euro Zone in Estonia things are brighter for street performers. We get 25-50 euros an average during the weekend evenings, Friday and Saturday are the best days. Writing up busking reports out of curiosity how much will make during the entire summer, so far 243 euros.

Saving up for Helsinki, i most probably won't compete. Sideline shred and chilling that's what im aiming for.

Going to the theater today, waiting for my gf to come over and we're off. Should be cool, it will be Alice in wonderland in a mix of traditional theater and audio/video effects.

I made some small videos that i didn't post here, so here goes.

This one started off with me wanting to see how dyno>zooming swirl looks, ended up with some barefoot try outs. Fedja hit a huge drill there

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4uQlGsVUI[/youtube]

Not a footbag one, just freestyle dancing to Kraftwerk
Turned out pretty cool

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucz9M_w7u4Y[/youtube]

Another dance vid, but check this one out, as i mixed a footbag combo into Toprockin'
and some 3 ball tricks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMXBxd_KlFc[/youtube]

I filmed some drills on Tuesday, (damn far swirl>swirl>symple swirl>swirl>rpt looks damn sexy). I pulled a muscle that day too though, ill be ready to shred Monday or Tuesday. Ill upload the video from Tuesday on the weekend, there's one drill that toke quite a few tries, nothing mind blowing but a stylish 12 contacts drill.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 19 Jun 2011 15:14

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLAqG-5QexM[/youtube]

My back is feeling good, i might even try a small session tomorrow. Sure feels great to have a healthy back. I had great weekend. "Alice live performance" on friday was quite cool, psychodelic stuff, Triophonix live soundtrack rocked.

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 19 Jun 2011 19:21

I really dig your style, I also appreciate your muli-faceted talents with juggling, breaking, popping, and footbag. It's a real inspiration! I've been wanting to get into breakdancing for a while and seeing another shred-head who has mad skills in breaking is a real motivation

NICE symple swirl drill :o
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 24 Jun 2011 14:53

Thanks alot Nick for kind words.Great to hear you're looking into breaking, i'd love to see more footbaggers mixing up stuff, maybe footbag will reach a point like football freestyle has reached, they even have a football red bull BC one, b-boying BC one is the biggest battle.

I haven't played since last tuesday and my back strain, im feeling great and it sure feels good to be healthy, too bad i forget to appreciate it when im ok.

Going to visit Fedja in Narva tomorrow, for 2-3 days. We will shred on the beach and have lots of fun. If we get a camera maybe some filming will be done.

I should probably spend more time drilling basics and endurance stuff, i don't think i can pull off a dropless routine right now.

Been 3 ballin quite a lot during the footbag break, i think im reaching a new level on feeling the flow of a juggling run.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 29 Jun 2011 11:27

I sure had fun at Fedja's place, the weather wasn't nice though and we played only once, well good times hangin out.

Ramil came back from sea, met him today after work and we had a session on the beach. I hit a few new things.

food>mobius :D sure felt good
food>pdx merlin (other side food)

blurry merlin bs

nailed far swirl>swirl>s swirl>swirl>rpt again

It's cool to have Ramil back, though he's a family guy now, he's daughter is almost 3 months now. Won't be shredin much but he promised to play 1-2 once a week and we'll have a small party at my place this weekend.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 Jun 2011 12:10

Props on the cool food combos. If you count xdex and can play into food, you could squeeze a beast out of that second one.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 30 Jun 2011 00:27

Thanks Ken!

I never thought that regular merlin is a 5 add, if i count xdex than my fearless record is around 6-7)) cause thats my consecutive merlin record.

A beast is a cool idea, i dont know if i can play into food, but maybe i can play into pixie merlin at the end.

Hot weather is back in Tallinn im at work right now till 6pm, i feel shaky, went to bed at 4am and had to wake up at 9am. Busking tomorrow and resting today. Ill give luck a try winning free registration in Helsinki even though im coming as a guest, open players have to pay 70 euros, quite expensive.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 09 Jul 2011 00:49

At work again, thinking of watching a movie, maybe potter part 6.

I suffered from a heat illness the whole week luckily i recovered yesterday and could go street performing with Fedja and Ramil! It's nice to have Ramil back. Last week we made 70 euros on Saturday and yesterday we had 75, we'll see what today brings.Yesterday i layed down quite a few awesome strings it sure feels awesome to do a cross body hand catch after a juicy string.We had a nice crowd watching us.

btfly>pdx merlin>merlin>rpt hit it before the heat struck me. I slept so much this week, and kind did nothing, played computer games - pharaoh and cleopatra.

Just rewatched some of my videos on youtube, ussually i had mixed feelings about my dancing videos but right now they seemed cool that kinda pumped me.

Helsinki is in 3 weeks! wow. Some of our non footbag friends are coming to hang out, thats cool. I wish someone from the US could bring some facile with them, my gf wants to start stitching.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 12 Jul 2011 00:41

Hope to meet you at worlds ! :D

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 14 Jul 2011 06:14

Awesome that you are coming Janis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOD7kPhthM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQs2hwQeOCY

2 new small videos! :)

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 19 Jul 2011 02:17

Things are pretty cool, i get many day offs at work and enjoying summer.
Busking is at its peek, we are making 35 euros per person the last 4 times. Last time we put a show together with b-boys i know. That was awesome, i didnt get tired at all, less playing, more money.

Not much drilling/shredding sessions, but something is working out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7hpob1vho[/youtube]

This beat is sooo tight. I love it, i wish i had a better camera, maybe i would make a video with footage from several sessions.

2 weeks until Helsinki.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 19 Jul 2011 23:38

Yo yo Modifieders!

Check this out !

http://vimeo.com/26662175

Some awesome links/tricks there! I love it even more than Ethnic session, beastie boys are awesome for shred soundtracks.

At work right now. Playing again today

Im getting a habbit of filming myself when i solo shred, its more interesting then and motivating.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 20 Jul 2011 02:59

Some awesome links/tricks there!
+1 :D
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 20 Jul 2011 13:38

Thanks Roy!

Had an awesome session today, 1.5 hours. Drilled, smooth basics and dexless drills.

32-33 ripwalks, new record!

30 drifters or so, finally reached the goal of 25.

div osis>duck osis>rpt 2 times

zooming osis>zooming op osis>rpt 3 times

whirling swirl>ss clipper 12 contacts flip , 14 strong.

After that i decided id try busking with juggling and some footbag in between. In an hour i was in the city centre. It was 10.10 pm, i played for like an hour it turned out more shredding but i talked to the people saying that i will juggle while i catch my breath. I made 23 euros, sweet! First time solo busking this summer.

Rest day tomorrow.

Peace!

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 23 Sep 2011 01:40

Wassup footbag)

Been taking a break after heavy street performing in August.
Planning on moving out from my parents, toke a year off in Uni, going to organize footbag trainings in a dance studio, how awesome is that? Ill be getting more b-boy session there.

Look out for more b-bag flavour in the next months.

Im out 8)

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 21 Jun 2012 02:48

Unfortunately none of the b-bag flavor toke place. I had a hard autumn, almost didn't play at all. The winter was unpleasant too, im sure happy that period of life is over.. It was harsh, but i managed to train a few times a week, even though my endurance was very low, 1 hour sessions was the maximum for me.

Right now every thing is fine, it's summer and we are back on the streets busking, not much drilling will be done during the summer but i can enjoy it without needing to work, the busking pays off perfectly fine.

Here's a video(not full) of our performance on Tallinn town hall square.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ZJzwFw ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Peace everyone

Kljopa
Post Master General

Re: Kljopa's Blog

Post by Kljopa » 20 Sep 2012 10:02

The summer went by fast, it was a pleasant time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i51TALrB ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

A small video with few drills