Kljopa's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Commodore
Shredaholic

Post by Commodore » 21 Dec 2010 10:14

Kljopa wrote:Also trained clipper position by just standing there for 1.30-2 minutes.
Lol :D nice way to train perfect technique.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 28 Dec 2010 07:49

It seems i'm almost ready for a decent session. Played at home for 20-30 minutes, just doing ss clippers, insides, swirls, and some osis>zooming action. Hit a few objects with gyro pick up, which was fun. I played in lavers. I just keep getting these 3-4 weeks breaks each 3 month period. wtf

Don't know if ill go to the youth center this week, maybe ill just drill at home and wait for the next week.

I got into learning popping/waving which is much more enjoyable with the new mirror,which is now beautifully hanging on the wall. I will be mostly learning new concepts and tricks.

Some 3 ball practice also.

While i was sick i played my ass of in Knights and Merchants, quite and old school game, i played it when i was little, enjoyed the second edition of the game.

My daily plan is pretty much fucked up for 3 weeks now, going to bed 1-4am and waking up 11-14 :roll: . Some radical changes to be done, after NY i guess. Back to 5-6am wake up and 10-11pm bed. I will probably start to do more stretching yoga in the morning instead of the mental exercises i was into for the whole autumn.

Checked my uni online journal today and found 3 A's in a row , which boost my middle mark to 4.27 :!: i might be getting scholarship again, which will help save money for Helsinki.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 29 Jan 2011 06:45

Been a while:

far swirl>swirl>symple swirl>swirl>rpt

14 swirls - strong , flip 11

neo guay x4

Slowly adding bboying workout after shred, more tired due to that, now the whole body feels yesterdays session in the morning. Heavy impact on my back, stretching it more, seems to help.

oh yes. Fuck lavers, quantums are so much better.

Good time table in Uni, enough time for shred and other stuff.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 11 Feb 2011 09:38

For a week or so i had this weak feeling in the knee and kept it quiet ,training dexless, but then the knee got worse and i went to an acupuncturist i know, great man. Im resting for a few more days and trying to play next tuesday or so, i guess ill take it easy on my left leg, even ignoring stepping set for some time.

Probably i did too much pixie merlin b2b attempts and pixie swirl/stepping swirl>ripstein(didn't hit it though) which is a sharp motion on the knee. I did hit pixie merlin b2b though.

I keep trying but just can't get the natural feeling for a fast sharp spinning set on one side, the otherside is so great, i love that feeling.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 16 Feb 2011 12:18

I will try to play tomorrow, the knee feels good right now! Hopefully it will remain so. Bough some "Shuddha Guggul" from one Yoga teacher, it should help my joints. I may decide to attend his classes regularly, cheap price, great guy and good schedule, morning session also available. He's the guy who cracked my back back(:lol:) to normal this autumn.

Gonna meditate and hit the sack. Im free from school tomorrow, beside the german class i picked up, it will be a short one on one consultation. Im catching up on my own and joining a group in March. Maybe ill get to practice it at Worlds if i make it there, it's so close to me - Finland. But i might have to spend all my cash on my gf treatment in Russia.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 17 Feb 2011 08:39

not yet :(

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 04 Mar 2011 09:23

Finally! I had a session without any knee pain, i found my old knee support strap, which helped i guess.

Rusty form\balance. But i managed to break my spinning clipper records

x19 and x16

Playing again on monday.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 08 Mar 2011 13:48

Played with Fedja yesterday, still clumsy footbag. I had a good time though.
I hit osis>inspin osis>rpt again, which feels cool.

Im shifting more into "play for fun" mode , though ill try pushing myself for the lenght, technique , style etc. But at the moment i don't feel the competitive aspect as i used too, like getting to final in routines. With all the breaks i had. Maybe if i get some stability in my trainings ill think about it and reach the finals when im 25 or something. One thing im sure about, when ill do routines ill have break dance tricks in it, that should be fresh.

Ill film one move tomorrow , i almost hit it last session, i think it looks cool.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Mar 2011 14:28

Kljopa wrote:I keep trying but just can't get the natural feeling for a fast sharp spinning set on one side, the otherside is so great...
I feel your pain. It's weird how dumb your flipside can be sometimes.
Kljopa wrote:I hit osis>inspin osis>rpt again, which feels cool..
That's a fun drill. Have you tried spinning osis>isis rpt? That's tougher, but also a goodie.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 09 Mar 2011 12:47

Did you mean spin osis> inspin osis>rpt? I decided to try that today, my inspinning ain't that good to zoom out of it, i only managed to hit the combo bsos, which is pretty cool by itself i think.

Played better today, had some solid strings and fun combos.

toe ss muted whirl>rev up>dod bs, cute combo i believe. I was kinda surprised i managed to dod out of rev up on flip.

I hit and filmed the trick i wanted, but i feel kinda lazy to upload just one trick to youtube, ill try to film some cute combos and then ill upload.

The trick ain't much its just toe set reverse swirling toe with a plant, not symple reverse swirling toe. It looks neat, would look even better if followed by pixie near swirl 8) ill have to get comfortable enough with it to make a good stylish link

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 10 Mar 2011 11:07

Played today. The first 40 were cool, i had this rush for playing, enojed that. Some good strigs.

infinity>whirling swirl>swirl>rpt sealed with mobius>infinity>blender gyro clip.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 11 Mar 2011 10:31

Good shred day again, feeling like i'm gaining control. Awesome feeling of nice solid victory over gravity during some runs

I can't recall any highlights. Going to rest the weekend and shred on Monday. Tomorrow buying 2 new knee support straps, i can't find the second one and right knee felt shaky a few times today, so why provoke it.

Messed around with long tiltless runs in the end of the session, we timed each others runs with Fedja. I got 1.20 best, not much but its a start.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 14 Mar 2011 09:48

Nice weather for the past 3 days, from 3 to 7 above zero C. It's awesome to feel asphalt/pavement under your feet.

Today's shred highlights:

good guiltless run with a blurry torque>hand catch.

pdx whirl>whirling swirl>swirl>rpt with a very good attempt of mobius b2b in the seal, i haven't hit that link yet.

far swirl>swirl>rpt first try

drifter>rev up bsos, this combo is sweet.

New tiltless drilling record of 1.46 today. We agreed to spend some time on this at the end of each session.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 15 Mar 2011 10:14

Nice session today, no tiltless drilling though and no good weather also, below zero again.

I made a little video, rev ups seem to be the-ish. Oh well, i guess ill have to work more on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiL5Ct108_Q

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 17 Mar 2011 03:27

Fedja went to his home town for his b-day, i decided to take a few days off.

Filmed some dancing yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hs_tyDa2Og

drop some comments :P

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 21 Mar 2011 08:58

I haven't played until today. Didn't play much today either, did some swirl drilling at the youth center where i'm right now going through my practical Uni tasks.

Im into filming when im solo sessioning, probably like most of i like to watch myself play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S7uPB-i9Y0

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 21 Mar 2011 13:07

Like your swirling. Very much.
Nikita Aleksandrov

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 25 Mar 2011 09:26

Thanks man! I'm happy to read that.

I had 2 sessions since my last post. One solo and second yesterday with Fjodor. Nothing special i guess, i loved the feeling of Toe blender>swirl> mobius, i came really close BS. Close to ripsteinx2 bs, it turned out to be harder than i thought.

Going to drill toe swirling and far swirling monsters and try to do them often, same goes for toe set reverse swirling toe with plant.

rev up>pixie muted near swirl is such a fresh juicy sweet combo))

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 31 Mar 2011 12:36

Played with Fedja today, for some reason my shins got very sore so fast, i never experienced it like this before. I played tiltless and got used to it and later on it went away.

Some highlights:

osis>far dyno>rpt 8 contacts, feels like i cant get 16.

far dyno>gyro clip>rpt

from osis> gyro osis>spinning osis>rpt 8 contacts.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 05 Apr 2011 08:41

Played monday and today, solo today though.

Feels like my body needs some sauna+stretching/massage therapy.

Todays session i spent mostly making up little 15 sec routines(4x15) for my promo video for a club im going to create in my local youth center. I will teach kids footbag,juggling, b-boying and popping. Im going to film it thursday, my gf will help me. It should turn out pretty cool. Hopefully ill have some kids and get some extra cash off it also.

dyno>swirl>rpt>osis swirl>far osis>swirl>rpt seal with gyro dlo.

osis>blender>rpt 8 contacts bs , blenderx4 . Blender are a bit easier i should get more contacts of these drills soon.