mc

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 06 Jan 2008 12:03

Yeah reverse swirlburger is a fun trick..
I have a video of me hitting it somewhere.
I call it Revert.

Can't wait to hear the music.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 18 Jan 2008 13:32

hey everyone! I made a band myspace for The Creatures of Habit! We have music up and everything! Please check it out!

www.myspace.com/theCoH
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 18 Jan 2008 14:24

YES!

The Botanist is awesome.. I gonna add that one to my profile.
I like the referencing to Cypress Hill. Long time since I listened to them.
Can you send me the lyrics?

I also really dig "So Bright". The singing style is awesome.
Also the beatbox intro works so well!

PIEZ!

TayChaint
Multidex Master

Post by TayChaint » 18 Jan 2008 15:35

Nice Matt! I remember the video a while back where you and will digges performed the botanist! soooooooooo good.
Taylor Chaintreuil

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 18 Jan 2008 16:36

been paged for sure, or i can say well read :)

So i far i really liked everything i listened to.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 18 Jan 2008 19:09

I really enjoyed "So Bright" and "Dumb Drunk Biddy." So good. :)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 18 Jan 2008 21:19

Thank you my friends! Aleksei and Asmus, it's great to have some international fans. Taylor, thanks for listening, I hope we can play footbag together more than once in this lifetime :) Waylon, thanks a lot. DDB is becoming one of my favorites.
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Jan 2008 16:48

two new bags. 129, rainbow spinner, is for sale. 130 is not, as I have never used that animal print. Jack Lentz bought it a LONG while ago, and hasn't stitched in years, and gave it to me. It's super supple, which could be a very good thing or a completely bad thing. I'm going to have to test this material out for a few sessions before I sell it because I'm not willing to send this out to someone and then have to replace it if it busts too quick.

I made 129 yesterday and 130 today. The funny thing is, I used an old bag of mine that's long since dead to figure out the colors for the pattern on 129, and I looked when the bag was finished, and it was #29 that I used, so, it's cool having the same pattern (kinda) 100 bags later.
BRICK!

nyfa

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 19 Jan 2008 16:59

8O

So hot. :P

Also, I have never seen a print color like that before. I'm immediately jealous. :wink:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Jan 2008 14:48

current for-sale stock, finished 131 today.
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 05 Feb 2008 10:19

I played bag for the first time in a while yesterday, had a bunch of fun, hit a new move or two, worked on some merlins. The old stock animal print / country cream bag worked very nicely. it landed in some dirt and rocks and mud a few times, which is what I wanted, because I want to put it through some trials. it didn't bust yet. the animal print is pilling a bit :( we'll see how long it lasts. it felt even butterier after the session.

haven't stitched since that last post, I think. Still have 4 or 5 bags in my for sale stock, some of which are sick. I'm looking forward to someone having them and me having money.

band stuff is going well. the gigs are piling up, and we got a sweet festival gig for this summer, that being the blue heron fest in Western NY. Hacky Sack Jack has been going to it for YEARS, and he's been trying to get me to go for at least 6. I've never made it, but I guess I'll be there now!

just wanted to save this from page 3. life is good. please check out my myspace for the new band, (www.myspace.com/theCoH). we'd love it if you'd add us as a friend!
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Feb 2008 15:59

played once more since I last wrote, just did some drills to get my legs going. I was very weak. it wasn't fun, but I hadn't eaten much. i should do better with my nutrition.

I've gotten back to stitching, I've attempted to make a twisted twice, with lots of learning on both attempts, but neither yielding anything worth finishing. I think the third attempt will bring me closer to my goal, but I need to buy a new twisted off someone so I can get some proper panel dimensions. The template i am using (a used twisted panel) is not effective.

The band has a big gig tomorrow. I am very excited. we have another great band playing, and we are expecting it to be JAM packed in there! everyone will be there, I hope. We haven't practiced enough, but I think it will go well. We are probably going to give Dumb Drunk Bitty it's performance debut, along with some new covers and a new original or two.

we also have an earlier gig in the evening, something I am excited for. it's just 2 45 minute sets of covers, but I get paid $75 and a gourmet meal. SO worth it, and it will be good warmup for later in the night.

I'm hoping to have a band jam very soon tonight. wish luck to me.
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Mar 2008 11:14

long time no posty... been involved with the band bla bla bla...

just had a session with dub dee 40. we both hit zulu torque for the first time. I also hit miraging op cloud stall and really stuck the stall at the end, then sealed with same osis. also, alpine food processor for the first time for me (2nd try, real clean).

playing on the radio tonight! www.wrpi.org from 8 to 10 PM EST! hope some baggers check it out!
BRICK!

nyfa

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 27 Mar 2008 08:40

i was bummed that i missed your show man. i was stuck in syracuse doing work. and im too poor to make the trip...i also had class at 9am the next day heh. ill be seeing you at GRASS though
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 27 Mar 2008 10:45

"stuck in syracuse" - haha. I love it. Josiah's getting to be a real local Syracusian!

zulu torque is twisty and nuts, Matt! I'd really like to see that. Also, have you ever incorporated things like sole osis midstring into your runs? I think you could make great use of that trick. Pixie sole osis or atomic sole osis midstring . . that'd be sick.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 29 Mar 2008 11:19

Happy birthday Matt!

Hope you will have a good year and that our trails will finally cross.

Best wishes from Denmark.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Apr 2008 13:20

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ozVJ5JH68[/youtube]

you all cannot believe how psyched it made me to hit this.
BRICK!

nyfa

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 21 Apr 2008 13:23

8O wow Matt, that was slick. You need to do some more of that set.

Props on the sick move!
Aric McIntosh

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 21 Apr 2008 16:32

8O WOW!!!!

I would like to see some other things hit out of that! You can do it! You're Matt Cross! Matt Cross can do anything!

:lol:
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 21 Apr 2008 16:33

I think it should be noted that this was the second time he hit it. No one filmed the invention.
Matt Kemmer