Boston Shred Crew, manly baby steps

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

On a scale of 1-53 how much cooler is pete than kevin:

Very
No votes
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
I don't know either but suspect at least 74
No votes
quit your shuckin n jivin and stick to jimmin and jammin
17%
Im the best mang, I Deeed It
11%
48 1/3
22%
I dont know how to read
28%

Total votes: 18

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew, The Sunday Sessions

Post by slapdash21 » 12 Jan 2013 14:10

thanks jamie, its great to hear from you. if you ever needed a perfect example of the resilient connectivity of footbag, well there it is.

so. i blew my match in playoffs for apa and was pretty much solely responsible for flushing the entire 17 week season down the drain for my team on a match i should have won easily. its pathetic, but i feel like i dont know what to do with my life now. havent left my house other than for work since last monday night when it happened, literally. and ive been drinking nonstop other than working, which is really unusual for me actually.

guess i gotta go back to actually enjoying the game and maybe ill stop choking hard.

played footbag at some point...it was ok. sposed to play tomorrow with hogan.
it feels great to not have a baseball in my boxers flopping around and getting crushed between my thighs, but it turns out my endurance is terrible for some strange reason....
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 18 Jan 2013 17:45

mob bsos sealed with vortex, drop on the os
spin duck clip-duck clip-spin duck clip-duck butter-string
gravedigger-spinning xbody rake
symp torque-pdx torque

fun sesh with curly sue
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 20 Jan 2013 17:18

Yo mang. Sorry to hear about the playoffs. Pool's one of those games that's a lot more mental than people realize. It's so easy to fuck up an easy win simply because you've stopped thinking about it, ya know? It's as if you put your body in cruise control simply because you know how much you've practiced that there's no possible way you could make a mistake that you've already corrected 1000 times already. :? For what it's worth, whenever I play someone in a bar nowadays and fall behind I think of your advice regarding defensive lays. Actually had a few comeback wins that way. :)

Good to hear you're still kickin a bag around. Hopefully I can make it out to Boston again in the near future and kick with y'all. Anyone still around other than you and Hogan?
Doug Tank

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 03 Mar 2013 18:32

hey doug, good to hear from ya...didnt have a chance to respond to this when i first read it. ya its just me and curly sue but were both goin to worlds so were both playing anywhere between 2-4 times a week, training hard, drilling, not smoking, etc. havent spent money on :mrgreen: in 2 weeks!!! plan on not doing so until the TOE JAM CROWJAM, and then not until my bday at the begining of the summer, and then not until worlds, and then after that im gonna stick to just on the weekends. im very proud of myself even tho it took quite a few tries and quite a few years to finally get disciplined enough...

pool ive snapped out my funk as well, shooting friggen amazing, winning matches (still regular season of course, but im just glad to be enjoying it again and shooting back where my potential is at)

great sesh today, got pretty close to vortex-mobius-blurry whirl,
hit pixie butter ending on toe-ripwalk ending on toe-string
butterswirl off a 6-8 inch curb
footed symp whirl-symp torque
longer strings, better endurance
drilled flip pixie a lot, lots of plos, best flip smear ive ever hit, midstring (ha, i was mad excited)
blurry torque bsos
mobius bsos really easy
blender-spin duck osis
e walk shockingly
muted tapping torque and muted tapping drifter

kevin curly sue hogan was absolutely ripping it up, ill let him post his own 'lights, overall a really fun session, first 2 man outside this year i think. goin up to the salem Y every wednesday night, gonna again this week.

and im officially single again, work is great, negotiatied for and got a 2nd week of paid vacay this year, extremely happy about that, saving money, gettin healthy, everything is going really great! it even feels good just to say that.
wishing everyone that reads this the same health, happiness, newfound discipline (if ya want ha) and good things that im so grateful to have in my life right now. thanks for reading,
ya boy
peter bowler
aka the vanilla thrillah
aka upgrayedd with 2 ds for a double dose of da pimpin
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

C8H10N4O2
Circle Kicker

Post by C8H10N4O2 » 10 Mar 2013 15:09

So guys I recently got accepted to grad school in Boston. Looks like I may be joinin up as a long term BSC member, pretty pumped about it. I'm back from China and bummin around at least until early April so lets play some haggie.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 13 Mar 2013 11:36

fuck ya^^

me and pete are playing alot. some scarily good sessions, i was a little off last sesh but all are fun.

mostly just getting better at the stuff i can already do. lots of whirr, blurriest bs and ripstein bs stuff recently. flurry bsos :oops: should prolly manup and sauce whirr too.

hit nemesis every session for a week and half, just broke that streak the other day though. 8)

pete hit stepping ducking osis>maelstrom first try a few weeks ago big phat n clean. his game is looking really good. deserved a post.

WORLDS!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 15 Mar 2013 08:03

just ordered a 6 month supply of contacts that i needed for worlds, being on my last pair and all, that will last me probably 3 years considering i only use em for baggin and use them a lot longer than 2 weeks naturally.
got my passport card in the mail!! i can legally re enter the united states from canada mexico and i think a few tropical locations as long as i dont fly. the picture came out great haha. now all i have left on my list to get ready for worlds:
-new pair of shorts or 2
-new units (anyone got tips for places online to get em for less than 80 bucks? its been so long since ive needed new ones..)
-save money
-register for worlds and figure out how im getting there
-maybe figure out a sick 3 or 2, even tho i always say i will plan it/practice it and never do...
-get better at footy

great solo shred last sunday....mob bsos a ton of times,
mobius-torquescrew BS
flip mobscrew!
rubberman-string-mob-handcatch
other stuff that escapes me at the moment

wack shred in revere wth curly sue wednesday night....there was sand everywhere from a real rough winter and some coastal flooding, it was cold and windy, tough to warm up, and couldnt see a damn thing without my glasses/contacts. he played good tho, hit some real nice stuff and almost hit some really big stuff, he will soon. mad fun afterward getting drunk on the train with him, pissin on the platform while eating a bag of pasta and scaring the shiz out of his girl by surprising her downtown boston when she got out of school by walkin up and drunkly/sketchily asking if she wanted to eat some of my pasta. her friends leaving at the same time were like omg do you know that homeless guy, do you need help? :lol: :lol:

kickin again with curly on sunday, at the st paddys day parade where its gonna be drunk scummy irish chicks facedown in their puke with alcohol poisoning roughly every 5 feet, big drunk bro boyfriends starting fights every 2 feet, and cops shaking down public drinkers like every inch, yuppies, maniacs, revelry, house parties, illegal roof parties, booze puke fun craziness. i havent done it in a few years but curly never has, and st paddys and the parade fall on the same day for once so all the planets are aligning.

cant wait for crowjam toejam thats not really a jam. nervous no one will be there at the same time and ill be too tired to kick much and blah blah blah im sure itll be fine....

peace yall

EDIT-everyone yell at hogan to get on his passport stuff and save money and shiz so i dont have to go to worlds alone yamean?

and also-great to hear youre back around dave!!! me and kev have been talkin about that a lot lately wishing you were around. where are you living? wanna kick sunday mornin before the parade with me and the hoag? either way, shoot me a text, i lost my phone again so i need your number (that goes for anyone else too, bruce dole, anyone cool reading this, etc) and well meet up asap for some kickin n good times.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Mar 2013 08:33

Stoked to hear you're going to Worlds!
slapdash21 wrote: mad fun afterward getting drunk on the train with him, pissin on the platform while eating a bag of pasta and scaring the shiz out of his girl by surprising her downtown boston when she got out of school by walkin up and drunkly/sketchily asking if she wanted to eat some of my pasta. her friends leaving at the same time were like omg do you know that homeless guy, do you need help? :lol: :lol:
Classic. Good jaerb!

Also not sure if this lines up for you, but could you conceivably do surging whirl-maelstrom-blurry torque? Or some other beast starting with those first two tricks?

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 16 Mar 2013 08:27

i shoulda assumed but im still very glad to hear youre going too...

that does actually line up, tho the blurry torque at the end would be a stretch, its remotely possible and would be my first beast.

also i can do very careful whirls and drifters and whatnot with my busted knee now. to the point where youd hardly be able to tell unless you asked me to do a specific move or drill that involved a xbody double dex, or a few other things.

thanks for the idea....
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew, Hide ya women n chillens

Post by slapdash21 » 24 Mar 2013 15:03

couple mediocre sessions. feelin my legs gettin a little burned out. also smoked a couple times but at least i didnt pay for it. gonna try to make it until the weekend of the 5th or whatever it is when people come to buy more. hit some pretty big string, couple big moves, more consistancy on my flip, etc.
fave new move-
pandoras box burger. or boxburger if ya like.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

C8H10N4O2
Circle Kicker

Post by C8H10N4O2 » 24 Mar 2013 19:43

Yeah I'm at home in NH. last week I was doin a bunch of stuff with my friends who where home from spring break (including sneaking in some choice hackie with sr. Larson himself). I've been playing fairly frequently in a shitty little spot in my basement. Haven't really hit anything new/exciting in a long time but my consistency has improved a bit which is nice. Given the fact that (comparatively speaking) it's pretty much in my backyard, I'ma definitely get myself to worlds. Also, I'm almost positive I'm going to accept the graduate school offer that will seal me as a long term BSC member next September so I guess I've gotta get some skills goin here - which is a long way of saying: lets sesh it up.

C8H10N4O2
Circle Kicker

Post by C8H10N4O2 » 24 Mar 2013 19:49

Oh on a side note: I dunno if you guys are skiers/riders, or if you could/would want to travel mid-week, but conditions at Jay peak are primo right now and I'm definitely trying to head up and shred some glades this week while they're prime. I'll probably drive up on tuesday, and I'm lookin for some companions. Might be a longshot but just FYI

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 25 Mar 2013 06:26

awesome X1000 :!: :footbag:

im definitely a rider but strapped for cash and cant really take time off but id love to go either this spring or more likely next winter. we'll discuss.

2 sessions in 2 days equals very sore legs and no real good highlights to speak of...at least not that i remember. the kpins prob didnt help...

synthetic bud could be the death of me....my dude introduced it to me, it costs 17 bucks for 10gs, mixes well with tobacco and works just about as well. gotta try to stick to bein a weekend warrior. maybe smoke once or twice a day fri, sat, sun and thats it. ugh. i was doin so good too.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 26 Mar 2013 11:07

^i'm going on almost a month aw yee.

played with tristan for the first time in months and ended up playing fucking awful :(

pete hit a massive string starting with gyro sidewalk>bw with gravedigger>stepping something, spinning whirl>symp whirl and lots of cool atomic/pixie shuff ending on blurry torque>hand i was like 8O i hit nemesis first try clean in whiteys also haha.

i've been doing lots of eggs, double downs,n(sometimes ending in swirl) whirrs, barrages whatever. trying to tighten up what i can do for worlds. also been trying surging, i think i could hit a beast if i could sureal plus it looks seeeexy.

shit i can remember:
-ewalk>pdx torque/whirling swirl.
-flurry bsos
-bap drill
-ripstein bsos with a whirr in the seal
-gig>symp swirl>style
-dustpan>op infinity xbody toe
-huge run starting with fairy ss osis>pdx drift with spin whirl, tomahawk>hatchet, whirr, mad shuffle ending on mullet>hand. felt baller.

playing tonight for a bit before work while my homie phil skates and then tomorrow with dr. b hopefully.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 28 Mar 2013 16:57

Props on all the huge tricks n links n shit. Bigger props on the break from the greens. I havnt touched the stuff since November. Fuckin sucks. Anywho lookin forward to see you's guyses next weekend! I'll bring the hookah n beer again. :wink:
Doug Tank

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 29 Mar 2013 06:08

yeah strugglin on the break from greens cuz of this synth shiz but today is another new so far smoke free day...
plus worlds is still so far away i can always requit right? :roll:

wicked pissah sesh with da beatz aka hogman aka curly sue in the burger king parking lot next to whiteys :lol:
mobius-symp torque took way too many tries but i hit a lot of new links n whatnot.
lotsa homeless ppl (several of whom i know... :oops: ) walked up and watched and spewed nonsense then some pill heads from maine drove up and asked for directions to the nearest pharmacy, naturally i politely obliged...
been shootin pool like everyday. playing really fricken well. lots of 8 ball run outs, banks, solid D.
went to the suffolk downs horse racing track last weekend with a couple friends even tho they werent doing live racing (so it was like a ghost town with only the real desperate degenerates there...) we did some betting on simulcasting of the doggies at some other track in a different state since its stupidly illegal in MA now :x won my first bet in for like 30 bucks then i blew it all and then some on scratchies, more races, cold pizza, etc. engaged in all sorts of lavicious behaviors... dont remember getting home, lost my wallet, canceled my debit card, had my friend search his car twice, then found it 2 days later in my bathrobe pocket.

stoked about everyone coming up next weekend. doug, the canadians, kevcrow of course....and whoever else is thinkin of doin it up im honestly not even sure cuz im not online much. maybe hangin/kickin with dave r tonight too :!: :footbag:
he said he was thinkin of comin in town to hang with friends or w/e so i hope he does cuz i brought my gear to work so hopefully we'll get a chance to kick/catch up/have a few brews. kickin today after work regardless.
life is pretty good.
bigups to those that read my glamorous sordid tales of wArnin to 'MERICA's youth.
Beantown rep, BSC one love yall
pb
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 29 Mar 2013 08:09

oh yeah, Ill be there with Marie and a couple of friends, have some green aside for me please, ill pay ya. if you come to worlds you have to drop by my place after if only for a day, i have to take care of ya like you did to us. would be awesome to have a nice bbq and fire here chillin,drinkin beer and all.

see ya next week dude

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 29 Mar 2013 11:48

:D definitely. ill handle the green situation later this week so that way itll still be here when you get here. just dont forget prices in boston/massachusetts/'MERICUH are much higher (no pun intended) than youre used to so dont be too surprised :wink: either way definitely looking forward to it.

as far as worlds, i THINK im stayin at a Sheraton hotel for the week because i know this girl that works for them that can get me 50% off a room and food or something intense like that, and i have to be back in boston sunday the 4th of august to make sure im at work monday, but id definitely love to stop by your guys place one of the nights and party and maybe even stay the night, we'll see as it gets closer.

back to the present- dave is in town but hes doin a museum of science thing so im gonna solo shred outside whiteys then him and Larson are gonna catch up with me later....except i brought all of my gear and somehow neglected to bring a footbag. :roll: sigh. i guess that means i'll just play somewhere near my house which means i can shower after i play and put on deoderant in case some female is foolish enough to follow me home from the bar later :twisted:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 29 Mar 2013 16:08

Get dem cougahs. 40+ or goin home single

Edit: I get there tomorrow. Leaving at 3am eastern time
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 30 Mar 2013 09:06

excellent. cant wait for shenanigans to ensue.

in fact they kinda already did a bit cuz Dave R and Larson are in town this weekend and we kicked yesterday out front of my house and then hit up whiteys for some pool and brews. oddly quiet night in the bar, total sausage fiesta for most of the time i was there. and there was no fights and only 1 guy got kicked out. oh well. shred was good. kickin again today by Massart...

my moms gettin me supplies for the shenanigans at Rite Aid right now and doesnt even know it.... 8 D batteries for the boom box, a deck of cards for throwing in/at a a hat (my true sport haha) and a new deoderant. that should about cover it....
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE