Boston Shred Crew, manly baby steps

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

On a scale of 1-53 how much cooler is pete than kevin:

Very
No votes
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
I don't know either but suspect at least 74
No votes
quit your shuckin n jivin and stick to jimmin and jammin
17%
Im the best mang, I Deeed It
11%
48 1/3
22%
I dont know how to read
28%

Total votes: 18

skankin
Multidex Master

Re: Boston Shred Crew, Hide ya women n chillens

Post by skankin » 30 Mar 2013 15:52

man im bringin my speaker that works for mp3 player with my drill batteries so no need for those expensive batteries for the weekend, its all good!!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 01 Apr 2013 06:23

JP i cant tell ya how stoked i am your comin' down. I'm not gonna be back at petes till late saturday night so it gives me comfort they'll be a party to return to :twisted:

from the last time i plllllayed.
-tripwalk>vertigo bs link of ya fathahs day.
-rev whirlygig>whirr :twisted:
-fog>pixie pardon should tack a flurry on at the end blllllah

worlds status is up in the air. i'd love to go but seeing as i can barely fill my tank/my main job doesn't pay me i'm pretty boned.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 01 Apr 2013 12:25

lots of good highlights from kicking with dave r and larson. lots of fun, theyre good guys. (if ya dont know now ya know suckah)

just a few things-
diving drifter (ive hit spinning ducking but never diving...)
pixie whirl-whirling far osis-spinning whirl
blender-mobius bsos
mobius-blurry whirl-spinning whirl

who sez were partyin saturday night? haha. id like to send out/go with a group to whites or boston bowl. possibly. course i say that every year...
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 02 Apr 2013 05:39

i fucking hate pool right now. played about 15-20 hours during the week, felt motivated, had fun, then absolutly sucked ass last night at league when my team was up 4-1 against the team we were tied for first with, i was in a great mood, not (too) drunk, didnt feel too pressured (plus ive been thru dozens of high pressure matches...) and i lost to this absolute fucking clown wearing a bright red dress shirt and a matching red fitted that looked like he was in his first fucking season. it didnt make me feel any better that my team dominated or that im sure were now in first place. i felt like a fucking chump so i punched some stuff (havent done that in quite a while...) walked out of the bar with a beer in my pocket, sat down on someones stoop across the street in the projects, chugged the beer, smashed it, punched a bus stop, etc. what a stupid fucking game it is when some clown that barely understands the game can win in that scenario. i think i have some unresolved issues with anger and competitiveness. thank god footbag doesnt do this to me. if anyones thinking of posting comfort or anything its ok, its not likely to make me feel at all better i just needed to get this out before it ruins my entire week.
moving on. :roll:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 02 Apr 2013 06:35

^basically how everyone i win against flu-kingly is going to feel when i join league :twisted:
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 04 Apr 2013 11:26

not sure if shenanigans have officially ensued?

check your kitchen... if its 2 am and kevin crowley is throwing hilarious amounts of herbs and spices on bacon cooking under a plate on top of the stove on a wednesday night 5 hours before i have to leave my apt for work, then yes, shenanigans are officially under way.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 06 Apr 2013 23:44

Like. Hope you're having fun with K-Crow. Pete, you should come to our jam.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 16 Apr 2013 12:45

yeah it was fun. nice and low key, thanks to everyone that came out etc.
not gonna be able to make it to PAJAM :| :x cuz i cant take off work right now, the buses dont line up in any way that makes sense, id be traveling twice as long as id actually be there... sucks. plus a buddy of mine just got off probation so were celebrating this weekend by eating a weed cake and puffin like bosses and maybe hit the race track for some gambling like degenerates.

SO. as im sure everyone who reads this has already heard, someone bombed the finish line of the boston marathon. the 2 spots they went off were very personal to me.... skipping school from like 7th-11th grade i always used to go downtown and hang out with other kids skipping and homeless guys would do liquor store runs for us and whatnot and that was our spot....i circle hacked there thousands of times, smoked, drank, basically grew up there. hours and hours of just about everyday for years... and now i work like 10 blocks away and all over the area. my boss and his wife, her sister, and 1 of their kids were AT the finish line, literally across the street from the first blast. also a bunch of friends and friends of friends. as far as i know theyre all ok. needless to say, for all those reasons, this really hit home. i cant say itll change my life drastically but just a grave reminder of how fragile life really is. westboro baptist is saying theyre gonna picket the funeral of an 8 yr old kid that died (FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD...hes on a youth baseball team coached by a guy i know. from my fucken neighborhood) in the attack because supposedly God wanted this to happen because gay marriage is becoming increasingly accepted. fuckin assholes. if im not working im gonna go help block them from picketing with like 1000 other ppl.

in other news-
mobius B2B again, FINALLY
diving torque (took a bunch of tries...but my first ducking/diving torque move of any kind)
rubberman sealed with mobius bsos and vortex os
spin clipX3-gyro clipX3-rpt-run-dimwalk-blur-rpt-run-torquescrew-run-mobius-shocked handcatch

and lastly, on a personal note, turns out looking for long term relationships on craigslist is SUPER sketchy. who woulda thunked it. (not just a little bit. i LIKE sketchy stuff but this is way too much even for me...i keep getting emails from spambots with naked chick pictures in them and junk probably getting viruses...)

anyway thats the updates from me...be safe guys, thanks for those who thought of me (and kevin i guess ha)
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 18 Apr 2013 09:31

:footbag: bamas right around the corner at that mixed faith prayer/healing service. boston has looked like a police state for days now (not exaggerating...im talking multiple heavily armed national guardspeople in full combat gear at every train station and lots of public street corners, swat team vans flying up one street and down another, choppers flyin all over the city...) but now its officially on ridiculous status. the world we live in...

mob-mob first try for da hoags
whirling far pickup-pixie whirl
stepping ducking legoverberger
some other stuff :twisted:

so the chicks on craigslist are ALL spambots and viruses apparently. the chicks on christianmingledotcom are all plain. those two facts are equally unsurprising.

617 for life
pb out
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 23 Apr 2013 12:57

fuck with boston on monday, dead (or captured) by friday.
naturally i biked up mass ave 11 pm thursday night to do a lock out for my boss right after finding out the fugitives were in the middle of a gun battle right down the street. straight up war zone out there. things are totally settled down now.
savin money for worlds....tryin to not buy bud again.... kinda depressed i think. gonna go to the memorial on boylston st after work hopefully thatll give me some perspective.

smog-porque-string
7 contacts of dlo-plo rpt
other stuff
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 24 Apr 2013 06:09

i kept typing a long paragraph about the bombings and alot of the concepts we've been talking about but it felt like too much for a hack forum. word. pete hit a 6>6 easily that i wont post but none of you can do.

if it makes ya feel any better your fathah will have a hatorade ready for ya if we shred today. i'm amped, supposed to be like 67 degrees.

other then that have not been feeling shred since kevin came to town. the gap between my strong/flipside is starting to feel like a fucking bridge and i'm just generally doing other shit. sucks to say but i'd rather focus on graphics/graduation/job search then footy and given that i felt like 2 months ago i was going to be ridiculous by now it just feels goofy dropping on stupid shit all the time.

-spin swirl first try in pants. fluuuke.
-matador>riptide first try after getting the matador. havent done that since the vid i put out in september.
-flip mobius all day.
-alpine bw off a ledge
-zoid set blurriest
-whirring inside (new)>string. i can so hit whirring swirl (footed) just gotta man up. would love to hit it on tape.
-nuke ss osis>duck drift.

bounce bounce bounce bounce.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 24 Apr 2013 08:56

wow nice stuff. i like the unusual stuff and the trials the most, naturally :lol:

youre definitely getting better even if it doesnt feel like it. especially your density and youre hitting some new concepts and junk. just think how long it took to learn osis good and you'll prob remember how frustrating this sport is...and i guess by that logic, as is anything thats worthwhile to get good at. and of course part of it, im sure, its the situation with worlds cuz im kinda unmotivated and bummed about the whole thing (im torn obviously...deep down im still excited to finally be going to worlds...) and im actually going, but def wont be the same without ya. im gonna feel on blast being the only one there with our....friendly attitude, gettin in trouble, etc. but yeah like we always say just go back to playing for fun and dont stress on one particular concept or whatever and remember its just hack, we just happen to be better at it than most of the world.

visiting the finish line site yesterday def gave me some perspective. i wanted to leave one of my boston fitteds at the memorial but they moved it inside the gated off area (copley sq) and the cop guarding the blocked off area couldnt leave his post to put my hat with all the flowers and everything, and refused to hold onto it for me and put it on later so i told him i was leavin it anyway and stuck it into the metal barrier and told him to make sure it got over there later.
me and curly sue are gonna honor the victims after work again today in the absolute best way we know how... footbag, drinking, smoking, hangin with my bud, and possibly shuckin/jivin/jimmin/jammin. all the things i literally grew up doing in that very spot. i think its gonna really clear my head to feel like im taking back my streets and going back to normal life in the very spot where a lot of that was ripped away from me and people i care about.

but yeah all things considered im pretty good. lots to be thankful for. just gotta keep working on not smoking as much as possible and stay focused one day at a time on good, productive things.

...like hot n fresh out the kitchen...
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 29 Apr 2013 06:53

so much for being productive. oh yeah and playing footbag.

rolled my ankle hard yesterday landing all my weight on it. felt it pop. shouldnt even really be walking right now. prob at least 2-3 weeks til i can play at all again and it will probably be years til i get my strength back.

sigh :roll:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 30 Apr 2013 21:23

This is karma for not sending me my backpack. :P

But seriously, that sucks mang. Hope ya heal up soon. We gotta shred at worlds! WORLDS! (also I'm assuming that's when I'll get my backpack back)
Doug Tank

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 01 May 2013 06:12

:lol:

nah i'll send you your bag. unless theres 1 or 2 smaller things inside you really need in which case i'll send those instead. put your addy in here or text it to me or FB msg me or something and i'll send it out either this week or early next.

sat on my couch last night smoking synthetic weed. ugh. gotta stop that shiz.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 May 2013 06:45

Sorry for the tough breaks recently. I hope you heal up and get strong by Worlds.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 01 May 2013 10:48

thanks ken. other than my ankle and my lack of self control (thats been a problem my whole life anyway...) things are actually pretty good for me overall, and i should add that im very grateful for all the good things and people in my life. life is all about perspective. i have trouble remembering that a lot of times because...well a lot of reasons. but yeah, thanks.

only on craigslist could someone be named laquanda and be white. thats funny, but probably not even true anymore. :P

gonna try to not spend money on anything smokeable until my bday weekend. i got this. :roll:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 01 May 2013 13:56

who needs hacky when your gonna have as fun much as we're gonna have at gramatik tomorrow son! and don't smoke synthetic mary that shit is gross.

:arrow: matador>blurry dyno>superfly
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 08 May 2013 07:37

layin on the couch drinkin. ice pack wrapped up on my ankle. toilet paper tied around my penis (i broke it). sharing a bowl of spaghetti-o's with my cat. livin the dream.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 18 May 2013 08:50

/\lawl

did my first footbag manuevers in 3 weeks today...plo b2b barefoot. didnt feel great. clippers still probably another week away.

goin to the horse track today cuz i think theres the preakness or belmont stakes on today and cuz its my best friend (non footbag, ginger category)'s birthday. it weird how its lonnies bday too. i always forget that.

gonna lose some money and drink should be fun. been workin out, shootin pool....were in playoffs! won our first round...stay tuned...
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE