The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edition

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edi

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Dec 2015 06:41

Spinning Ducking Osis> Revup makes you a better lover.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 23 Dec 2015 13:45

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Spinning Ducking Osis> Revup makes you a better lover.
Chuck it all together and do a spinning ducking revup. Could either of you do that? Was that a trick in the last combo of the LOTD last year?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jan 2016 19:04

Many love explosions come from that trick, Dan. It's a biggie. I think I can hit it, though. I hit Ducking Revup, and Spinning Revup, so realistically, I should be able to hit it.

Matt, post evidence that you're playing footbag or else I'll eat this cookie.

Too late, cookie is gone. Nice work, asshole.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 27 Jan 2016 13:44

Eat your GD cookie.

I'm alive and playing. Nothing super of note lately, definitely slowed down towards the end of the year, but I feel like I'm back to practicing well the past week. Got this challenge from Ken recently:

Scorpion's Tail>Swifter bs
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 10 Feb 2016 19:21

Still playing fairly often, but have been taking it back to basics. Doing marathon tiltless to warm up/down with Dan and practicing basic stuff. I did my first brocka mod in like 8 years a couple nights ago but the knife slipped and cut into the stitch =/ I may have fucked my shoes up, but I'm not 100% yet.

Scorpion's Tail>Twirl bsos
Matt Kemmer

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 10 Feb 2016 20:15

In a way, it's comforting to know that even you still practice tiltless sometimes. Also, we can start a club called "We Fucked Up Our Shoes Club."
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 10 Feb 2016 21:24

That boss is the hotness. I'm sure it looks especially cool with your style of play
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Feb 2016 05:44

Love the crombo. Good on ya, Matt.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 16 Feb 2016 20:02

Today is my 10 year anniversary in footbag.

The past few February 16ths I had attempted to write a big retrospective of my time with this sport, what it has all meant to me, and how it has changed me as a person. I never made it very far on those, and I'm not interested in doing that this year, because it really all boils down to this:

I would not be who I am today without footbag. I've loved and hated this sport; I've treated it both like my best friend, and have cut it out of my life completely. Footbag was everything to me at one point, and although it no longer is, there are shades of it in everything that I do and everything that I am. It has taught me values that extend beyond anything physical that have stayed with me throughout my education, career, relationships, and other hobbies. In some ways, everything I've done in the past 10 years stems back to the moment that a 15-year old kid decided to try something different. For that, I thank you, footbag. Thank you for helping me to see the world in a more positive light. Thank you for showing me how to find value in everything. Thank you for the family that you've brought me. Thank you for the corners of the world you've taken me to. Thank you for teaching me that I can do anything. Thank you for making me me.

Here's to the next 10 years, old friend. I expect only the best from you.
Matt Kemmer

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Feb 2016 02:29

Nice summing up. It's interesting to see the role that the sport plays in our lives over such a prolonged period. Where do you take your initial date from? First kicking, first Lavers? something else.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 17 Feb 2016 06:35

10 years is big. Enjoyed what you had to say on the matter, I feel a similar way about our sport.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Feb 2016 08:19

Nice. Look forward to seeing where the next 10 years take you. :)

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 17 Feb 2016 08:40

boyle wrote:Nice summing up. It's interesting to see the role that the sport plays in our lives over such a prolonged period. Where do you take your initial date from? First kicking, first Lavers? something else.
I was doing mirages and various other "made-up" tricks in 2005, but I was refusing to use any kind of footbag nomenclature and basically rejected everything about it.

2/16/2006 is when I joined modified and was when I started to accept the culture and saw it as something that I "did"
Matt Kemmer

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 18 Feb 2016 02:00

I remember in my early days I was very much like that, very much against even using the term "footbag". I thought, what a bunch of elitist crap...things change I guess...

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 08 May 2016 20:32

Dan has been commanding me for weeks to update this.

Haven't had a ton of motivation since the beginning of the year, but I'm playing here and there. Went to PSU a couple weeks ago which was fun. Got out on request by beating myself (I picked a bad combo), which bummed me out, but I had a lot of fun besides that.

Dan and I played yesterday and I'm very sore in a good way. Not playing super well, but managing some neat little highlights

Symp Bubba>DOD rpt
Matt Kemmer

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 09 May 2016 10:19

Thanks™
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 08 Jun 2016 20:43

Hey guys, since Matt has not updated this in a while, he has given me the go-ahead to post for him.

So hey guys, I'm Matt as most of you probably know. In regards to footbag, I have been managing to stay fairly active with 2-3 sessions a week. Some solo, some with my dear companion Daniel. On Tuesday, Dan and I had a moderately dank session together at the local library. Many compliments were had from local passerby and I even ran into a coworker of mine which was a nice surprise. In terms of highlights, I hit several pretty cool links that I was relatively satisfied with.

If you would like specifics, you should talk it up with the real Kemino, as I do not have the trick component knowledge to accurately summarize Matt's game at the present moment. However, currently I am focusing more on getting back into full shred mode and bringing my game up to snuff, so to speak.

In relation to events not pertaining to footbaggery, I have several important life events/happenings to share with you all. Firstly, I will be visiting Ukraine for some period of time over the summer, starting in a few weeks. I have been learning the Ukrainian language over the past year or so, and learning more about the culture/language will be an interesting experience. On a related tangent, there is a chance I will be attending worlds during my stay as the two countries Slovakia and Ukraine are somewhat close to each other geographically speaking (please see map below).

I also purchased a violin slightly on an impulse decision off some dude on Craigslist. I basically called the person up and was all like "yo that's a dank violin bro I want it" and they were all "sure thing yo, fucking sold." And so now I have a violin as well as several battle scars from breaking one of the strings while trying to tune it. I professed to Dan that my reasons for purchasing said violin was merely to get the basics and fundamentals of a more classical string instrument down, however I (Dan) am skeptical of this claim -- suspecting Matt of striving to be a renaissance man by the age of 30. But I digress, life is somewhat dank at the present moment in summation.

While driving Dan back to his casa, we pumped a very fun and lively video game soundtrack from Grant Kirkhope's works on Banjo-Kazooie. Dan had never previously heard of this video game or composer, and thoroughly enjoyed listening to said soundtrack. Please give it a listen if you are a fan of a more bouncy, jovial type of classically inspired music. All for now, goodbye fellow Danklords.

/matt
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 09 Jun 2016 19:49

I love this new Matt. Carry on.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 10 Jun 2016 00:41

best post in the blog so far. I like how Slovakia and Ukraine are "somewhat close"

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 13 Jun 2016 08:36

^HAHAHAHAH yes!

hey matt lets hit up the b-ball hall of fame this summer! quit trying to be cultured and come cop some used VHS tapes with me, i hear they got like 97 copies of braveheart at savers!
Kevin Hogan

BSC