The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edition

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Matt K
Flower Child

The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edition

Post by Matt K » 25 Sep 2008 17:31

Writing about how I dislike writing is fairly ironic.
Last edited by Matt K on 21 Nov 2014 07:38, edited 25 times in total.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 25 Sep 2008 17:36

I have a sprained ankle, so I can't play right now. I hate this.
Matt Kemmer

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 25 Sep 2008 17:42

I've gotten and A+ on both of my papers so far this semester so my attitude towards writing them has changed somewhat. Do a paper on vegetarianism, I learned a lot.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 25 Sep 2008 17:50

I guess I'll use this to talk about how I can't play footbag until I can play again. Then I'll go back to one post per week.
Matt Kemmer

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 25 Sep 2008 18:42

So far Ive gotten a C- on a paper on Plato and a B+ on a paper on religion.
Ben Rea

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 25 Sep 2008 18:46

I got a 3/6 on my philosophy quiz.

I feel incomplete without footbag.
Matt Kemmer

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 25 Sep 2008 19:08

I know the pain of having a bum ankle. Persevere, you'll be playing footbag again soon enough.

And sorry about that 3/6, if it's any consolation i had a European History test today in which i had to answer like 25 multiple choice questions, then write an essay. I failed to write the essay.

Eoghan
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 25 Sep 2008 19:17

Playing at college has been ok. It's outside, so that's cool. I get some people who stop to chat, and some who shout cool stuff from afar. Some people choose to take the narrowest path between me and the edge of the sidewalk for no fucking reason, then look at me like it's my fault. Seriously, there's like 15 feet of open sidewalk on the other side, and you chose the 2 feet between me and the grass to walk through. Clearly I'm to blame.

I played in a gym when it was raining, but it was really hot so I had to step outside after every run. Hopefully the other gym isn't like that or I'm screwed for 3 months.
Matt Kemmer

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 25 Sep 2008 20:33

I play in the raquette ball courts.

hot...but a really good playing surface and it's private.

I totally understand what you mean about people walking by, it's as if they expect you to stop while they walk by...

I almost kicked this one little kids head off with my miraging leg while doing a torque.

it was like this | | close.

:lol:
Ben Rea

mattbeall
Shredalicious

Post by mattbeall » 26 Sep 2008 04:37

People getting too close sucks. I play in this park right outside my apartment, in the middle of this circle of pavement that connects the two sides of the sidewalk. There is no reason for someone walking through the park to walk through the middle of this circle (which is where I kick), yet this one dude always does so while I'm playing. He'll walk like two inches from me too. When others are playing he'll walk right through the middle of the circle, like a zombie. It's so weird.

The other day he stopped, literally within a foot from my face, while I was playing (forcing me to stop) and asked me what the "point of that thing" is. It was very strange because up until that point I had always assumed from the way he walked around like a zombie that he had some mental impairment. Not the case. Apparently, he's just a creepy looking man with no manners.

Also, people that think it's cool to take a moment to stop and watch.....and smoke a cigarette. I know nobody does it to be rude, but, for real, yuck.

Fraun
Multidex Master

Post by Fraun » 26 Sep 2008 11:13

I busted my knee pretty bad, about 3 months ago

If it doesn't feel bad I play... Then I can't walk the next day/play for 2 weeks

Been doing projects/editing/making a ruit table/school

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 26 Sep 2008 13:12

So I'm getting a new footbag that I can't play with.
Matt Kemmer

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Sep 2008 16:47

footbag - playing footbag = stitching.

It's a great way to take part in the community, and it really helps you understand why you like certain things about footbags, and how to make those things happen.

get well soon, buddy!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 27 Sep 2008 17:36

I messed around barefoot and things felt ok. I think I'll do this for a few minutes every day to warm my ankle back up.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 28 Sep 2008 12:39

I played for 30 minutes with my friend today. Not all out, but I wanted to get my ankle used to playing again. The pain is pretty much gone, I could even do blenders fine (which were one of the few moves that hurt a couple weeks ago). It's still a bit swollen though. My roommate thinks that it's just fluid now, which is good. I'm gonna keep playing tiny bits and icing, and I'll see what happens in a few days.
Matt Kemmer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 28 Sep 2008 12:55

After you told me you weren't going to play on it until the swelling and pain were gone....
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 28 Sep 2008 13:16

I didn't play for like a week and half. I really didn't do anything but walk on it for that long either.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 03 Oct 2008 17:52

I played again today, about 30 minutes. I was in lavers, but using a sandmaster, so it wasn't 100%. Nothing hurt, I could do spender perfectly fine. Ankle's still swollen, I guess I'll ice the next few nights and see what's up.

This weekend at school is Family Weekend, so everyone's parents are up to visit. I only live a half hour away, so my folks are only coming for dinner tomorrow.

Things overall are ok. Something I thought was going to be really good may not be as good because of me. Oh well.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 04 Oct 2008 10:02

The saddest lines from a song I've ever heard are "And I'm wondering who could be writing this song/ I don't care if the sun don't shine/ And I don't care if nothing is mine"
Matt Kemmer

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 04 Oct 2008 11:15

syd barret, one crazy dude.

it is a sad song, he wrote it i wanna say just before the drugs completely destroyed his mind and the rest of pink floyd moved on with out him, hence the line "it's awfully considerate for you to think of me here", where he's talking about the rest of the members trying to keep syd in the band.
C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog