The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edition

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edi

Post by DC Clinks » 04 May 2015 23:36

I wanna see scrambled eggs for breakfast this week Kemino.

Edit: Top Post Painting? I think this is how it works.. Anyways, The Old Guitarist by Picasso is one of my favorites in terms of composition and human anatomy.

-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 11 May 2015 17:24

Kick-ass session with Dan today, partially in the rain. It was the first of the summer at our library spot, which was nice to have him back in. I played really really well, everything felt great, and a lot of my strings were very good.

Tomahawk>Twirl bs (no idea where this came from, it's probably the coolest link I've ever done)
Scorpion's Tail>Vortex>Gyro Whirl bs
Scorpion's Tail>PS Whirl>Spinning Whirl rpt bs (wooooo!)
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 May 2015 21:11

"Hot tits!" is what I said to myself while reading your highlights. Hot tits, indeed. The hottest tits... Tits that are made from just lava and Frank's Red Hot hot sauce.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 16 May 2015 18:01

Thanks ;)

Session with Kevin today in Springfield. We continued our quest to do cool Eggbeater shit. It was a grand ol' time and i think we can get another one in before USO.

Ducking Pickup>Eggbeater>Atomic Muted Clipper rpt bs
Pdx Eggbeater Blubberman
PS Whirl>Vortex rpt
GDLO>Pigbeater bs
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 17 May 2015 16:12

Good session with Dan. More of the same of late (good).

Blurry Whirl>Blurry Drifter>Blurrier bs (hopefully rpt in the coming weeks)
Ripwalk>Scorpion's Tail>Blur>Legbeater rpt
Matt Kemmer

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 20 May 2015 05:20

dickin' er' down.

phat drills. that one with scorps tale is danker then any of the head shops we've gone to.

good shit homie. thanks for pushing me. i look forward to our next eggbeater combos of our lives/vanilla rootbeer.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 01 Jun 2015 07:29

I've had a few sessions since the last post, with not a ton to report.

Ivan and Ryan came to visit last weekend and we had a 4 hour session with Dan. I played pretty well, and my only highlight came from Ivan's request:

Scorpion's Tail>Whirlygig

My legs were pretty dead all week and I only managed to play once, but it wasn't very good. I could tell I was too tired to do much of anything, so I worked on more techy Rev. Swirl tricks (cause it's easy for me to make process on those):

Blink bs 10 times
Toe SS Rev. Swirl bs 10 times
Twirl bs 10 times
Revup bs 10 times

Vortex>Blink bs
Gyro Whirl>Revup bs

Finally, Dan and I played for 2.5 hours yesterday. It was one of those days when everything felt good but dumb drops were inevitable, though I did get some good long runs. Got some highlights for my main man Nicky Pee:

Toe ss Blink one side (a trick I thought I would never ever hit)
Twirl bsos
Gyro DLO>Toe ss Rev. Swirl bs

Also, in more interesting news, I'm going to Worlds this year? Every time a European Worlds is announced I always go through the same process of thinking "man, I should really go," but then convince myself not to for various reasons (usually to do with traveling to Europe by myself and not knowing the players there quite well enough to be totally comfortable). However, before I fully convinced myself out of it, I remembered that one of my best friends studied abroad in Denmark a few years ago and would make a perfect travel companion for a trip like this. Our initial conversation went something like this:

"Hey, I've thought about this for maybe 45 seconds: Do you want to come to Worlds in Denmark with me?"
".... for real?"
"Yeah, for real. Is that a dumb idea?"
"No, it sounds pretty awesome!"

After maybe a month of trying to figure out if we could actually make it work (money, work, travel, lodging) we pulled the trigger on tickets yesterday afternoon, so we are confirmed! We'll be there for about a week and a half, and are both super pumped. I'll update with more details as I know them, so until then, I'll just say see you there!
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Jun 2015 07:55

Of course the highlights are the dopest highlights on modified currently... Wonder why... Hell yeah man, Blinks just wanna have fun. Toe ss Blink is really nice. It gets about as easy as mirage if you keep at it. How about Toe op Blink? Id love to see some footage of the Blinky stuff. Never thought I'd see you doing "weird" tricks ;)

Anyway, sick highlights. Wish I was able to go to USO or Worlds this year :/ hopefully next year.

My parents are talking about throwing me a big going away party, and I'm planning on turning it into a weekend long footbag jam. I'll keep you updated. Hoping you and Dang can both make it.

Keep up the good work.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 03 Jun 2015 18:11

Thanks dude. Keep me posted on your party, I'm definitely interested.

Had a much-needed 4 hour solo session. The weather was so nice, and I was playing really well so I just kept going! I mostly worked on longer shuffle strings, cause they've been lacking. My genuine downtime has been better than ever lately, but I've been pulling out of shuffle contacts pretty early, which is very un-Matty.

Mostly did pretty standard drills not worth listing, and also worked on Rev. Swirl shit, Stepping Ducking, and Bedwetters:

Blurry Drifter>Blurriest>Stepping Whirl rpt
Legbeater>Stepping Whirl>Pdx. DLO>Parkwalk>Sidewalk>Blizzard>Dimwalk>Blur rpt

Ended with a neat warmdown that I hope to get dropless sometime in the near future (I had like 4 drops today):

[Infinity>Rev. Swirl rp]t>[Infinity>Blink>ss Butterfly rpt]>[Infinity>Revup>ss Butterfly rpt]>[Infinity>Twirl>Osis rpt]
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Jun 2015 10:45

I love how you make drills that are like 200 contacts long. Oh and I can't count. But im gonna try that next session. Great drills and highlights!

Love the warm down! I must steal from!

I won't be able to keep you posted on part a, b, c, or d... But I'll keep you posted on part e. :D :D :D I know you love my corny jokes, so that one is just for you! [PURPLE HEART]
Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 11 Jun 2015 18:36

I've had a few sessions since the last post, but nothing noteworthy (other than just generally good playing) until today.

Yesterday I played for 3.5 hours, but I really wanted to play today, so I did a no-shuffle-low-impact session of pretty much all Rev. Swirl concepts. It was such a bizarro session, I can barely believe I had it. I mostly drilled Toe ss Rev. Swirl, Blink, and Toe ss Blink.

New tricks:

Flip Toe ss Blink
Toe far Rev. Swirl bs
Toe far Blink (one side)

Links n' shit:

Ducking Butterfly>Diving Clipper>Spinning Clipper>Revup>ss Butterfly rpt
Blink>ss Rev. Swirl bs
Toe ss Rev. Swirl>DLO rpt bs
Vortex>Revup bs

Like, who the eff do I think I am, Polini? I had a really fun time doing all this stuff. It doesn't want to make me stop my regular shuffle, but it'll be cool to integrate this kind of stuff into my normal game.

It was really nice to have such a strong desire to play, even though my legs felt like shit. In the past when I played multiple days in a row it was to get an hour-quota for the week, but to be having so much fun with footbag that I'll say "legs hurt, fuck it" is so refreshing and makes me feel like a teenager again.
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Jun 2015 18:50

Are you me in a mask?

Oh and sorry bro, I just put a copyright on Revups... :/ yeahhhh... Should have told you... Now everyone that hits a Revup owes me a sandwich every time they hit one.

All jokes aside, I'm really enjoying your new additions... wonder why... Nice job, though, because those far rev Swirl tricks were so tough for me to learn.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 18 Jun 2015 19:17

Hadn't played since the last post til today. I threw up on Saturday and have felt off since. Today was the most normal feeling day, so I took the opportunity to play with Dan. It wasn't a great session, but I had fun, and it was much needed.

I hit a new trick:

Tapping Blink
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 27 Jun 2015 07:01

Hurry up.

Nick Polini

Funblog

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 28 Jun 2015 07:29

The "owe me a sandwich" thing makes me think of the time when jindra took your sandwich from you. Lol. Maybe you owe jindra a sandwich every time you hit those tricks. Great highlights Matt I'm happy you love footbag.
Drew Martin

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 28 Jun 2015 14:08

Drew, that was my sandwich that Jindra took, and it's too soon. Not quite over it yet :p

Eh-Goodafternoon.. Thanks so much for visiting this weekend. That was such a blast! I'm going to do a good write up when I get time, including some of the funny pictures and videos we took. Your game is sicker than ever. More on that in my write up. You're still blowing my mind, just like always. Enjoy that mint, brah.

Nick Polini

Funblog

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 28 Jun 2015 19:33

Spent the weekend in PA at Nick's. I won't do a full writeup because he already did one, so I'll just list my footbag highlights.

Gyro Rev. Swirl
Gyro Blink
Pdx. Blink
Jackknife
Assasin>Atomic Drifter bs
Legbeater>Blink>Atomsmasher bs
Vortex>Symp. Bubbabeater

Really fun session/weekend overall.
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Jun 2015 09:24

Your game is looking better than ever. I had a great time this weekend hanging out with you and kicking. Great to get to know you better. Keep doing Blinks and other Reverse Swirl tricks!

I feel like if you said "I went somewhere this weekend... Guess where..", people could tell you visited me, just from looking at those highlights Lol People, I swear it wasn't peer pressure, he did the Blinks on his own will :p Props again on all of it, especially that Assassin> Atomic Drifter bs. That blew my mind.

See you at Artsfest in a few weeks!

I

Nick Polini

Funblog

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 03 Jul 2015 07:05

HAT BAP YES!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 12 Jul 2015 20:11

Just got home from PSU Arts Fest. It was a really great time and I played about 9 hours over the three days of the jam. No writeup cause I'm sure others will do them, so here's some footbag highlights:

Whirlygig>Spender bs (for the first time in like, 1.5 years)
PS Whirl>Revup bs
Toe Symp Whirl>Revup rpt
Nuclear Legover>SS Blink
Sumo>Fusion

Ivan helped me focus my nukes so hopefully I can just practice the shit out of them now. Rev. Swirl stuff is feeling totally usable and I'm having a ton of fun integrating it into my normal set of tricks. Yay.
Matt Kemmer