hogan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

hogan

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 02 Dec 2008 18:53

:footbag: :footbag:
Last edited by h0ag3yb3atZ on 16 Jun 2022 18:47, edited 26 times in total.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 03 Dec 2008 05:22

awesome.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 03 Dec 2008 17:21

You know it son. We need to kick again before the really shitty weather starts.

12/1:
Had a session during the alleged "hacky sack club" which is actualley sit in a tight hallway, draw on the walls and listen to Wu Tang Clan club but thats cool I guess. Mostly drilled stuff and hit 142 alternate toe stalls, 28 ATW's (in) and 23 straight clippers. Also drilled some flipside which I am in dire need of. Had a few nice strings (for myself) mirage>butterfly>clipper>flip clip>legover>drop being the highlight of those. Conncected both flip butterfly and strong b-fly. I cannot be stopped.

12/2:
Eh....I like "Wu Tang Hallway Art Club" because I basically can do whatever I want but yesterday, me and kev (2) were absolutly shred-blocked by the bitch ass cheerleaders and the pushover athletic director. I'm cool with chicks in underwear doing backflips in my hall but fucking come on, it's footbag. We were forced to sit in the main hall were the teachers obviously didn't share our appreciation for the Offpspring being blared but again, it's footbag i dont care. Once we settled in, I pretty much played like shit and couldn't link anything but Kevin played well and his clipper game is really improving. Also, I'm hitting some really weird strong side clipper type move...Once I figuere out how to do it, video footage kid.

12/3:
Didn't play much but started stitching for the first time today and I gotta say, it's pretty damn zen. I'm using an old Pink Floyd shirt and some artsy sand, pix once I finish. I told the school cop (who circle kicks) that i'd stitch him a bag once I was done with my current 4 panel. I think I'll fill that one with pot seeds :lol:

Too be continued~
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 04 Dec 2008 18:48

Played for about an hour tonight at the bitch ass Y mostly working on flipside stuff. Nothing too special for runs but hit some really cool stuff. PARADOX MIRAGE~ on both sides b2b to end the session. I'm kinda pissed though because I can do pdx mirage flip pretty easily but my regular flip mirage is still much too choppy. So happy though. Also been getting both very sketchy illusions and osis.

Also finally hit both flip legover and pickup for the first time aswell. My drilling, as boring and mindnumbing as it gets, is seriously paying off and I'm pretty excited about my future in footbag.

Got in trouble today after I left my new stitching class kicking around with some buddies. If nothing is real then neither is detention. If I wouden't get introuble for walking and drawing or singing in the hall, then let me play footbag. Fuck.

later
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 09 Dec 2008 18:48

Last edited by h0ag3yb3atZ on 19 Mar 2021 06:56, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 10 Dec 2008 03:20

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you're improving in your blog already, which is good :)

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 12 Dec 2008 16:43

Hey thanks man.

12/10:
Played at the Y for a bit with no real highlights. Osis and Illusion are so gone for me. I know that there is one little thing that I'm not getting about Osis that is preventing me from hitting it cleanly, but I haven't found it yet. FINALLY hit Pixie>Mirage and I've been throwing that into random n00b strings since. Also, far LEGOVER and Pickup>legover.

12/12:
After school session with Nate. Started out really iffy but once I got in the groove, I stayed there. Nate is very good for being so overweight and has been hitting ATW lately which is really cool. Beat my flip clipper and mirage records and got kicked out of the hallway by cheerleaders.....again. I don't want to rant, but seriously, their alleged "sport" is based off of sex appeal and verbal dick sucking. Let me hack you godamn self righteous bitches. Some freshman I stich with during study has surpassed my sewing skills, I'm really happy though as his bags look absolutly beast. I'm gonna teach him the basics with his own bags in time hopefully. Good, fun week. Oh and fuck Illusion. And Osis. And Cheerleaders.

I might play with Kevin L. tomorrow after work if he doesn't chill with his new black girlfriend that he's all excited about. Bitch ass interracial relationships. One more thing that is less important then footbag.

Oh, here is the "butterfly-sex type move" I've been hitting. What would you cats call this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz31K-PB ... annel_page[/youtube]

Finally, I hate to be that guy, but what is the song called on the BSC video where Pete starts his run down the hall? Shit sounds like it would be nice to kick too.

Laterz
Kevin Hogan

BSC

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 12 Dec 2008 21:48

Hey man, that move you're hitting is "same side (ss) butterfly." It's just a butterfly set from the same side clipper that you're catching it with. Props though, I've always found ss butterfly to be harder than infinity (far butterfly).

Oh, and if you mean the BSC vid that's like, 5 minutes long or something, the first song is called "U-Mass" and it's by the Pixies.

Sounds like you've improved since last time we played, do you plan on heading down to Boston any time soon for some shred?
Doug Tank

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 13 Dec 2008 08:08

Wow, ss butterfly. I suck at analyzing what I'm doing. Infinity? I'm going to check this out right now.

Damn it was the Pixies, I knew it sounded familiar. Thanks dude.

I think I've improved, I wish my camera didn't work every other week so I could post more vids but yeah, I really should go to Boston more. I can only really go on the weekends usually but over vacation I think we should have a few sessions for sure.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 15 Dec 2008 14:06

Last edited by h0ag3yb3atZ on 16 Jun 2022 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 16 Dec 2008 17:17

12/15:
Had a shitty drill session with nothing of note in my room but had my longest string ever at the Y and threw ducking clipper into another string. My flip mirage is hardly my flip mirage anymore....fun.

12/16:
Played pretty terrible again in the hall today with Nate who finally learned flipside clippers (in Chucks somehow) and schooled around the world. He's getting laves Friday so more fun times should ensue. Had a few wacky strings that I can't remember.

I'm getting a bag for Nate for teh holidays....Either one of Ian's or a Matt Cross bag.

Also, my mesh lavers got a hole in them that is getting increasingly worse so I just ordered a pair of Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent and Tony Yayos which I'm going to slash up the minute I get them.

Why cant "A Tribe Called Quest" have a sweet footbag shoe?

later days
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 16 Dec 2008 20:09

7evinkogan wrote: Why cant "A Tribe Called Quest" have a sweet footbag shoe?
Because they're too busy making sweet music in the early 90s
Matt Kemmer

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 19 Dec 2008 18:42

12/18/2008:
Played with Kev at the Y in which he schooled clipper on both sides. I'm trying to get him to do ATW>clipper but s'all good. I just experimented with strings and whatnot pixie>pdx mirage>flip pdx mirage>butterfly and a few failed drifter attempts.

On the the non footbag side of things, today was my 3rd year anniversary with my girlfriend so no shred unfortunately but after work tomorrow me and Nate are going to play at the mall in what should be a disaster. Whatever, I need to play.

Also, fuck snow.and pants. and night. and ankle pain.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 22 Dec 2008 18:05

I played yesterday and I don't wanna talk about it. Icy hot and ankle brace abuse.word.

I did some thing called "draining" or something that my sister showed me that gets all of the bad acid out of your legs after exercise, so now I feel fresh as shit and tomorrow happens to be an absolute joke of a school day, so I hope to play.

My G-units came to day and I'm about to Camp Crystal Lake those motherfuckers. I got some Dr. Scholls too so hopefully my ankles and shins don't deserve to die anymore.

BOSTON HOMIES~: Give me a date, place and time next week for shred if you would like, or don't.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 24 Dec 2008 09:20

yo hogan youre my hero son.

gunnits are the shit, you'll be glad you switched it up.

i am going to be in NJ with family from sunday until like wednesday. i can play like anytime between now and sunday or after wednesday. doug and fran are both back home i think but fran might be convinced to show up. ideally i would like to play between now and sunday, and i'd even be willing to drive to beverly if you have somewheres to play inside. lemme know what it is that the deal is.

aight.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 24 Dec 2008 16:50

12/23:
Skipped 3/4's of the school day to break in the units after I slashed em up. Nothing real but hit the most perfect osis I've ever hit. I think it's my support leg that is fucking me up.

Yo, Pete, Theres a small indoor spot in the town next to mine (Salem) called "The Museum Place" which is literally a bridge away from Beverly. If your serious about going, it's a place with some stores and restraunts and whatever, but theres thing spot in the back where you can play and a place upstairs near the parking garage to shred. If thats better then anything you can get, I'd recommend taking the train bro. If your not down, I could totally assemble a small crew to go down to the Bean for the day. Would Friday be a good day for you?

Might go to Boston next week sometime too though, so if you wanna play after Wednesday and I'm not working, I'll be down for whenever.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 26 Dec 2008 20:03

12/25: Got some footbag related stuff for Christmas like the tricks of the trade series, a few bags and a sweet shirt. The first TOTT video is fucking awesome because it reminds me of some 80's Dire Straits video with Kenny Shults being the absolute man. I like his vibe of being a sketchy nerd that for whatever reason is better at footbag then you. First DVD really helped me understand symp mirage and blur which I can foresee me hitting by the end of 2009...or earlier. Also taught me that sweet dexing kick move, dragonfly I think. Fun. Hope everyone else had an excellent holiday!

12/26:
Had 4 separate sessions today which absolutely ruled. Started out in some shitty garage where no one really did much of anything until me and Kev finally forced Nate to go indoors at the "museum place" where It was a day of sketchy tricks for me and great for Kevin. He hit clippers on both sides, ATW (in and out) in both directions and I think out on his op leg. I came really close to hitting diving clipper, drifter and had a few decent osis. Went for blur a bunch of times but no need to rush into shit really. Oh! and hit stand-alone fairy a few times which felt nice. Nate hit ATW and drilled clippers for a while and we used a small security line holder in place sex type thing that Nate took which was really fun. Went to my women's work later on and ate mad cookies and free self righteous drinks.

Peter BOWLER (not like bow-ler, but bow-ler as in like Big Lewboski) said he would come down but never did because he likes chicks before kicks or something lame like that. Allegedly, we will play Sundee which should be cool. Went back to the museum place because Michelle's coffee shop sucks sack and played again where I hit whirl (according to Kevin) and made some fun videos, talked about life and drank some 88 cent mango drink from a witch store. LINKAGE~:http://www.youtube.com/user/yogirlsbag

Came back to Beverly, drank hot soup and played behind some church in the cold where Kevin played awesome again hitting ATW perfectly several times. Also, completed my inside stall combos and did a bunch of wrap arounds and other tricks like that to prepare for Sunday's schooling of Osis.

I type too much.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 27 Dec 2008 10:42

lawl.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 28 Dec 2008 19:43

12/28:
Woke up early and had a session with Alan and Kevin in Salem where Alan finally hit a clipper (aw) Kevin hit ATW in and out on both sides, hop over and clipper b2b which was cool for him I guess. Fun to see them getting better (took you fuckers long enough). Pete said he would kick but he bailed cause he's straight chump, and not because it would be unrealistic for me to expect him to drive 45 minutes to a different city before going to a different state. Nate showed up later which was cool until all of the lame Salem dudes followed him and wanted to fight Kevin. cool stuff.

FUCKING OSIS!!!!!!!!godammit! Why can't I hit this trick? I posted some attempts on youtube but they are processing. I Osis'd a mr. into a sewer a few hours ago! Gah....I would hate this trick if it didn't look so cool!

After the bag went down the sewer, I made up a string of flip atw out>ducking clipper>ss butterfly>pdx mirage>far pickup. Wrote it down on my phone and hit it after my 4th or fifth try. I'm playing again in the morning tommorrow with Kevin, should be okay times.

I hate you Osis.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 30 Dec 2008 12:12

:footbag:
Last edited by h0ag3yb3atZ on 16 Jun 2022 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Hogan

BSC