Joey Michels Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 18 Jan 2011 10:25

Yesterday brought some goodness to the table in the form of time! its taking me time for my osis, but it is slowly getting there, so today.....=MORE TIME ON OSIS! as for highlights yesterday. flip dlos, fip eggbeaters, really clean illusions and almost flip pdx dlo!

what will today bring?? let me go find out

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 18 Jan 2011 17:16

today, osis is feeling good, a lot better now that im dedicating actual amounts of time to it! other than that, today was a fun session with flip dlos, and flip eggbeaters. nearly flip pdx dlo and almost symposium dlo!

other than that, I think I'm going to Mardi Gras to work for dominos and sell pizza to drunk ass people on burbon!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 20 Jan 2011 11:31

today was probably the best session I've ever had! Kicked for a solid 2 1/2 hours and played feeling very fluid and controlled!

schooled DLO>legover repeat
Food Processor rolled off both flipside and strongside!!!!! (once done it'll be my first 6 add!)
I feel like in a couple of weeks ill be hitting 69!
played around with osis for awhile which led me to hit blender both sides very smoothly (hence trying food)
hit both side dlo and eggbeater in the same run
other than that, my legs feel great, they dont know why I stopped but I gotsta go deliver pizzas!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 24 Jan 2011 11:56

session after session I feel I'm constantly improving aspects of my game!

yesterday and today brought two new tricks that I'd like to state right off the bat....WHIR and WHIRLYGIG! BONER JAMMIN! I feel it will be tough to keep up the practice with my left foot as opposed to what my right foot can do right now. but today I also hit in the same run toe opposite DATW both sides! I'm also begining to feel stronger with my left foot doing double over downs and soon I will be hitting them! as for Whir flipside...not just yet, a bit more practice.

as for training. schooling infinities! laying down a lot of osis! and doing pdx mirage>butterfly repeat along with pdx illusion>butterfly repeat. my left side clipper is FINALLY COMING TOGETHER! Also a lot of swirl practice both sides and whirl practice both sides!

Cant wait for tomorrow once again, I may even have another session tonight!

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 24 Jan 2011 15:07

Good stuff dude.

As for your weakside, just drill it an replicate yor strong side repetitively
start strings with a weak side trick
do the motions with out a bag when your at school or hanging out

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 25 Jan 2011 12:25

today was awesome and could have been way better! I kicked for only around an hour and a half on an empty stomach and just started to die! but while I was going there was some hope in the air that one day I might actually kickass at this sport.

I drilled sidewalk/dimwalk (pixie butterfly, dont know what one it is)>opposite legover repeat
practiced flip atomic=getting comfortable with it and it feels so NICE!
swirl and whirl practice
practiced dyno both sides and was hitting a good number on both
millimeters from hitting blurry eggbeater BOTHSIDES! MILLIMETERS!
dlo>butterfly>opposite legover repeat
and infinities and osis

best part about today was I brought my juggling balls with me (I kick at the local FOND DU LAC YMCA) and after I felt I was beat from shredding I decided to get some juggling for fun in one of the gyms. I practiced 4 ball and was attempting 5 ball but no luck on the 5...soon I hope(I need to practice more). but I was just juggling 4 balls and I look over at the door and theres a group of about 10-12 toddlers all watching me with huge AWWWE faces on them! it was really cute! so I dropped one ball because im not that good with 4 and I gave them a small show with 3 balls. it was amazing! after I dropped they all clapped for me and had the biggest smiles on their faces... It made me want to become a Jest! after that they all left back to their day care thing or something so I just continued to juggle and I was trying to incorporate alternating toe stalls in my 3 ball cascade. and I hit 4 toe stalls in a row while doing the cascade and it felt really good. It was a coordination I'd never tried before and it was challenging but I was getting quickly. I think ill start practicing it more!

then I was so hungry that I up and left. oh yea... and I shredded it up infront of these 6 guys playing basketball and they were all like HOLY SHIT! one guy asked me for lessons and I was like hell yea! (I think he was joking though)...

overall GREAT DAY!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 26 Jan 2011 11:15

nothing to special with the footbag today. I was getting interupted a lot with conversation and it kept throwing off my flow I felt. I had one pretty good string with probably about 20 or more contacts though.

I also did some more juggling, and 4 ball is getting a lot easier. I think I will spend the end of all my sessions juggling! give my wus arms a workout!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 28 Jan 2011 08:40

yesterday was a pretty fun session but my legs were BEAT! highlights consisted of Quantum mirage and just overall string length. One of my best friends moms was there, also with his grandma and they wanted to watch so I decided to just shred a bit. I believe I was hitting 20 contact runs with 3-4 adds put in there. It felt great!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 31 Jan 2011 12:52

flip blurry whirl today! and for shits and giggles I tried blurry whirl>PS whirl and was DAMN CLOSE! my legs felt wonderful today, I just had a lot of repeat strings that went on and on and on and on and it was very gratifying! also, I nearly qualified for 5 ball juggling, I think I had 8 catches 2 short of 10!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 02 Feb 2011 07:06

I guess I started to keep track of the amount of tricks I was doing on both sides (probably because I've been reading nick polinis and Zachatrees blogs)

yesterday brought me to these tricks

10 reg. and flip eggbeaters
10 reg. and flip dlos
10 reg. and flip swirls
10 reg. and flip whirls
10 infinite osis both sides

Also spinning clipper>spinning clipper>infinity>spinning clipper>spinning clipper>infinty! boner jam go flip spinning!

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 03 Feb 2011 17:43

sweet Joey, flip swirls are way hard, i think your trick selection is and will be cool. Hope we meet up again in chicago or something eventually. Maybe you can teach me 4 ball cascade, that would be nice :D
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 06 Feb 2011 12:11

my intentions are to be in Vegas, so Ill see you there!

yesterday my session was lame. There was so many people at the ymca that I couldnt shred in my normal spot due to parents and lack of space. I was in the gym after that and it was just tons of kids bouncing balls and screaming SHOT SHOT SHOT! OHH DAMN! STUFFED! AHHH SHIT! and it was just insane loud noises! I couldnt concentrate for shit! I kicked only for an hour and half id say and most of the time it was just me standing there cursing the soroundings! taking a break off today aswell.

tomorrow should be good, my bear bag is about to die but I just figured out paypal so soon Ill have a new Zachatree bag!

Also, buying some fabric! lets check out those sewing topics!

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 14 Feb 2011 21:40

today was a good session! my legs felt really good, no knee pains or right hip issues! Today I spent just having fun, dickin around doing whatever and got a lot of compliments aswell!

the most intense part of the shred was the 360 alternating toe stalls or something like that number. whew, lots of the "magic hop"

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 15 Feb 2011 11:30

today felt really good, although all the hot ladies at the Y left within the first 30 minutes of me being there...wtf, right?

highlights

spinning clipper>infinity>spinning clipper>infinity repeated tres times
ripwalk>ripwalk>ripwalk
3 DATW flipside also toe set op(flip) DATW
Nuclear Op Osis
Atomic Osis
blenders and dynos bothsides
ripwalk>stepping same clipper>ripwalk repeat
ducking is feeling better (I used to much better at it, I think my ponytail gets in the way a lot which sucks)

also the people that are just impressed by what I do, and what all footbag players do, because every time they say something im modest and say that im nothing compared to elite pros (which is true)