Nick "Houdini" Polini

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Nick Polini: Operation: DCT (Do Cool Tricks)

Post by C-Fan » 20 Sep 2014 15:13

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Sep 2014 19:38

Family Guy is offensive. Defecating fire is offensive.

Lots of offensive things have been happening in my life and not at the best time, either.

Regardless, this weekend did get a little better for me, emotionally. I just played a lot of footbag, talked to a lot of footbag buddies, taught a new generation of footbaggers, and hung out with a really amazing girl.

I covered yesterday morning already. Picking up where I left off...

Nadiah came over and we had a smashing time. Fun story here... We were about to leave to go to a diner for lunch when we see a ups truck in the street and my neighbor, who is 15, sees us and says that the ups lady locked her keys in the truck and it was running too. The Indian lady inside didn't speak English very well but she explained that if she called a tow truck, she would be fired, so she wanted our help. Long and short of it, I ended up having to break into the ups truck and use a coat hanger to jimmy the door open while Nadiah pulled the outside of the door. We nailed it and got her on her way. She hugged us and thanked us perfusely. It was a really great feeling helping someone like.. Not lose their job, which she probably would be screwed without. Plus, it really created an interestingly stronger bond between Nadiah and I, since we helped the ups lady together. I literally couldn't have done it without her and vice versa. So that was really an awesome experience.

Anyway, that was definitely a weekend highlight.

Today, Nathan and I hosted a footbag day camp for a few of his friends. Nick and Zach. Both have a lot of potential. Nick hit his first Mirage, Zach hit like 20 toe stalls. I hit a wicked run of 20 something contacts with Dbl Spinning Clipper>Pdx DLO and a Mobius, and some other really good stuff that I can't remember.. Lots of 5s. But the run ended with me actually falling and you know when you fall, it's a good run... Usually.

The one highlight I can remember:

:arrow: Fog> Phoenix> Blurry Whirl> Spinning Whirl> Mobius> zoom drop

Entire run was unplanned minus the first 2 contacts. First real freestyle Fearless combo I've ever hit. Felt so good. Nathan was blown away and I guess Zach and Nick were too. They have untrained eyes, so it didn't look like much to them but quick leg movements, I suppose.

Later on, well... Early on, my legs cramped up on flip Smog because of my session yesterday. So sore still. So I figured I'd just shoot some challenges at Nathan. He nailed some on tape, as well as a few new tricks, which I will not mention because there may or may not be a video special of Nathan coming out in the near future.

In other news, I have completed my video shred project that I have been filming stuff for. I don't like to sound cocky, but I just want to say that it's going to be a real banger. 2 out of 2 footbaggers agree that the video is really good. "so dank.. So much hotness" says one and the other filmed hos reaction where his mouth is open the whole time, he bites on his finger once and hides part of his face with his arms for like 30 seconds. I showed one of these people early because he is helping me do a cool font for the title slide and I showed the other because he's my personal student (dead giveaway?) anyway, the font helper should have it all set by Tuesday or Wednesday, so once I add the font slide and upload it to youtube, I will release it. I hope people are offended by only the huge links I hit in the video and nothing else this time :P

Anyway, I'm very excited to release it, because I put so much work into this. Much much more than the funny trick comp. I'm hoping this will be one of those vids that people download and rewatch time and time again. One of the viewers that got a sneak peak said that this will be one of those videos. All I can say is... EXCITED.

Good night, everything.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Sep 2014 23:11

I look forward to the video! Happy that you got a little sunshine on a rainy week.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Sep 2014 20:35

Thanks for the positive post, Asmus :) It was difficult at times, but I found the sunshine.

I finished my video project tonight and uploaded it. Check it out if you feel like it. I was kind of torn about something mid-project. I realized that making a video project of myself sort of seemed a little cocky. I don't want to be a cocky person. I hope no one thinks I am cocky and I also hope I never become cocky. However, I didn't want to make this video so everyone could be like "Wow, Nick is good at footbag" and then give me compliments. Compliments are nice, but not the reason I wanted to put this video out. Instead, I wanted to provide people with a pretty high level, well-edited video, with some stuff they don't see every day, so they could have a new bit of entertainment. Just like Johnny, Lon, Clavens, Jay, Evan, etc.. have entertained me with their videos for years. I mean, obviously mine isn't nearly as good as some of their's, but I feel like it's pretty watchable and I do hit some things I've never seen before.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I'm not in this for the comments. I'm in it to entertain you. And if you watch my video, even once, and you didn't think it was really bad, then I've accomplished what I set out for lol.

Something special happened within a few minutes of posting this on Facebook and that has seriously, just... I dunno man. Just wonderful. Wonderful feelings right now. I have had a really tough couple weeks prior to this, but I am a very happy individual right now.

Here is my video (leave comment or not... merely knowing that this video could make you happy is good enough for me) I hope you have a really good night/day (Watch in 1080p HD for best results):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAu92hwx7A[/youtube]

See you all at ECFC this weekend. Very excited.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 25 Sep 2014 03:10

I love the video and all the tricks in it. I just have one thing to point out.

All the Czech BAP guys are sponsored now, and they have all achieved it by wearing a shirt and playing with colossal bright red bags.
As a player, I can see the bag and do not care whether you wear shirt or not, but that is very different for a potential sponsor. :footbag:

Jindra even makes his own bags, and Honza and maybe others use it for shows. I also have one, it is absolutely massive and quite hard to play with, but his sewing techniques have been improving, so every generation of bags is slightly better.
But, he is trying to improve his bags so he can sell them better. These guys do not really need good bags themselves. If you look at Jidra's latest video made for his sponsor, he hits some hardcore stuff with it. I can't even stall that bag properly. :)

I'm not in any way trying to tell you what to do, just trying to state this observation.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 25 Sep 2014 04:36

I think the title of the video is supposed to be a joke nathan :-p

good sit 4 da shorteez. I've never seen spinning warrior swirl before 8O
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 25 Sep 2014 08:52

Oh, I feel stupid now. :D

Well, at least he'll know where to buy a bag when he wants to get professional. 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 28 Sep 2014 19:59

Hello all, I've just arrive back home from East Coast Footbag Championships. Man, this was a baller weekend. Really sucks it's over. So awesome to see every single person again and even meet some new friends. I'm not going to do a full write-up but I wanted to list the highlights for me.

Tournament Highlights:

:arrow: Pasta party of epic proportions (thank you to Mark Hunsberger for slaving away over the heat for like an hour
:arrow: Public Mobius b2b competition with Brian Bear and Evan Gatesman. At one point, I tied for the Mobius world record with Brian Bear and Byrin Wylie at 9... then Evan goes and hits 11 a few minutes later. But man, those few minutes were a few awesome minutes. I'm coming for you, Gatesman. I feel like Brian feels the same. I'm taking that record!
:arrow: Made up with Matt Cross. He gave me something that blew my mind. A nearly mint-contition Lon Irish footbag. Just holding it, I can feel the energy that it exudes. Matt Cross is not a dick.
:arrow: Made up, in person, with Cassy. I'm glad I went over and talked to her about things. I think we're cool now.... Inside Frankenstein??? You gotta be kidding me. That'll be there soon.
:arrow: Worst wake-up alarm on Saturday morning. You'll probably read more about that in someone else's highlights.
:arrow: Buddy pics with Doug Tank with the skyline behind us.
:arrow: Awesome Pitza with Doug Tank. Like seriously awesome. Well, it tasted awesome, but the owners kicked us out because we ordered our food to go, but we tried to sit down when we got it. "Seats are for paying customers only" Really, asshole? Awesome lol
:arrow: Meeting Derek Littlefield and Andre. Both really cool dudes. Glad I met you both finally. Hope to see you at future jams.
:arrow: Chatting with Adam about some damn good footbag Theory. I really like talking to him about footbag theory. Just very fun to chat with about that stuff.
:arrow: Totally footbag-packed house at the ECFC house. Very cool.
:arrow: Marc Peralta ducked his Stepping set... with ease.
:arrow: April hit her first 5 ADD!
:arrow: Barrett's playing again!!!!!! So stoked about that! He hit some great shit today! And a new one he hit was Swirl!
:arrow: Seeing PSU fill the intermediate finals circle, plus Johnny.
:arrow: Metal/hardcore talk with Johnny Breakdown.
:arrow: Greg hit a ton of new tricks, like Eggbeater bs, then BSOS, DLO, footed Blender... Wows.
:arrow: Dang's consistency and flow is bleeding through to prove that he will be just like Matt Kemmer, his teacher.. also, Dang being cool enough to be the cracker dispenser haha
:arrow: All my fellow open players just got more opener. Awesome to see.
:arrow: New bag from Bear and a new bag from Ivan (Brian is going to send me mine this week since it wasn't quite finished.
:arrow: Partying hard at ECFC house
:arrow: Laying low at Bruce's afterward
:arrow: Having a very... interesting chat with Bruce on Saaturday night... Saturday night was fucking intense for so many reasons.
:arrow: Joining Boatz and Khoa during the intermission show, popping off some contortion tricks
:arrow: I won a glow bag during a "Hardest trick with a glow bag" competition. The hardest trick before I came down to where the comp was held was Pdx Dada Curve. I footed Marius a few times, then someone yelled "Do Montage!", and I was reminded of a pretty easy 6 ADD. Hit Maelstrom first try and won. Sickness.
:arrow: Friday night kitchen shred in net shoes
:arrow: Giving out tips to some of the intermediate players. I love giving tips.
:arrow: Drew is a great MC
:arrow: Pete Bowler with the best quote of the weekend: "Fuck everything but cookie bag."
:arrow: Selfies with a very drunk Hogan.
:arrow: Hogan puked up full pasta chunks. His puke actually smelled pleasant since he'd just drank a lot of sweet liquor.
:arrow: Seeing Pete again... and seeing him RIP. IT. UP. after coming off of a broken leg injury. I'm so glad he can play again. His style is still just as sick as ever. Fun to watch.
:arrow: Adam G's shred... Jesus dude...
:arrow: Kevin imitating everyone "I'm Ken Somolinos" *Flying Toe stalls*
:arrow: Saw Kevin hit some sick stuff, but his groin was hurting, which really sucks. Hoping your shit gets better man.
:arrow: Bob Green got so much more controlled. Great to watch! Hit Spinning Ducking Clipper soon, Bob! Also, tell your wife it was a pleasure meeting her!
:arrow: Chris Dean can still rip SO hard.
:arrow: Corey Corey Corey showed up last minute on Sunday, but still in time to catch some shreds! Glad you made it!
:arrow: Matt Kemmer is a god. Style is looking so clean.
:arrow: Seeing Vince Richardson again. Wish we got to shred more though.
:arrow: Boatz stll has amazing style. God dammit, some things he does just make me shit... Flying Toe> Ducking Flying Toe> Inspinning Osis... I pooped 'em.
:arrow: Andre showing improvements in just one weekend. Keep it up man.
:arrow: Seeing Zach again and getting Jeremy to make it to ECFC, even though he didn't play much. Shred soon man. Zach got into net now lol
:arrow: The sick ECFC shirts & free NYFA keychains. E Blurriest> Venom.
:arrow: Endless "Nick Polini Hatemonger jokes"
:arrow: Riding back from the ECFC house in Pete's van. Cool experience. Shared pasta chips with Tristan the whole time.
:arrow: Who's that walking up to us on Sunday? It's a bird it's a plane..it's.. ERIK CHAN! Fucking raw power behind his game, man. So fun to watch and shred with. Damn. I love Erik's game. Witnessed Blazing Ducking Clipper. Ugh!
:arrow: Just hanging out with my PSU students. So stoked that most of them came!
:arrow: Derek is a toe. Awesome vagina tattoo on your side lol Seriously though, so great to meet you finally. Your Eggs have inspired me greatly.
:arrow: Watching Ben's well-performed routine.
:arrow: Giving it up for Ryan Thomas. So glad he made it down.
:arrow: During Evan's last turn of our (Evan, Mathieu, me) last circle, Mathieu and I passed a bag of pasta chips back and forth, while we watched Evan. It was like we were in a movie.
:arrow: Cramping up before my circle and searching for some sort of pain reliever, when Mathieu gave me a hilarious offer: "I can kiss it for you.. that's what I do to my daughter when she gets hurt." I was cracking up on that one.
:arrow: I wasn't there to see it, but "the infamous pasta flip" by Hogan. Kevin flipped Boatz's pasta over and into the shower.
:arrow: April's desserts! Thanks again!
:arrow: Talking with Aintno about music for what seemed like 3 hours!
:arrow: Boatz brought his mini tv-vcr over to the ECFC house, along with just this epic collection of VHS tapes of old footbag videos. Awesome feature to the ECFC house.
:arrow: Amazing water ice from the water ice lady
:arrow: "Windsoring" (Windsoring: Hitting a trick that someone else was trying but couldn't hit) Evan on Fairy Far Muted Twirl. I said, "Evan, this one's for you" And I nailed it. Now that he gave me awesome tips on Fairy, I think this stuff will be so much easier.
:arrow: Bob and his family. I love Bob's family, including him.

Footbag Highlights:

:arrow: Pdx Torque> Double Spinning Clipper (both sides)
:arrow: PS Egg (minus the groin pain that I usually have) aka: First pain-free PS Egg!
:arrow: Sick run starting with Superfly
:arrow: Trick tips with Gatesman: Barfly, Atomic, Fairy, Motion. All immediately improved.
:arrow: Stepping Whirl> Blurry Whirl *rpt!!!
:arrow: Mobius> Blurry Whirl> Blurry Whirl> Mobius!!!
:arrow: Mobius x9!!!!! Footed a 10th. Tied with Brian Bear and Byrin Wylie for the world record for about 10 minutes, until Evan nailed 11... Props to Evan for being the holder of this record now. Felt awesome to be above Klouda on a 5 ADD and up with Brian and Byrin for a fe minutes. I think I can break 11 though.
:arrow: Spikehammer> Blink & Symposium Torque, separately in net shoes.
:arrow: Confirmed clean Bigwalk
:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butter> Blink BSOS
:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butter> Symposium Revup (one side)
:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butterfly> Blurry Drifter (both sides)
:arrow: Blurry Drifter> Mobius (both sides) (Bijan gave me the challenge of hitting that drill. I think I can get it sooner or later. I need to practice Mobius> Stepping more, but I'll snag that one soon, I think.
:arrow: Guillotine> Far Blink (both sides)
:arrow: Flurricane!!! Only witness was Bob. He said it looked clean. I'd like to get it on fpm though. I'm sure I'll get better at it if I start practicing for Flurry.
:arrow: Fog> Phoenix> Blurry Whirl> Spinning Whirl> Scorpion's Tail (5 Fearless)

Here are a few pictures:

Damn, that was huge. Sorry for the monstrous write up. Had to try to do this jam some justice. Honestly one of the most fun jams to which I've been.

See you all at Pumpkin Jam at Penn State during Halloween weekend!
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Sep 2014 21:16

Got home from work tonight and was just so beat. Couldn't manage to get up and even play footbag tonight. Then Corey Gerges called me and asked me if I could shred. I haven't been able to make many sessions with him recently for various reasons, so I figured, hell, why not?

Saddled up and headed out. Had a session underneath the front awning of my old middle school. Corey hit a few cool things. Spinning Clipper on strong side got easy for him. I guess he really has been practicing in the time since our last session. Flip is almost there. I still can't get him to try to master basics (which is part of the reason why it's tough to play with him sometimes). I like him as a friend, but he's always trying for things that he has no business hitting. I've told him so many times about basics. Should I just give up? When do I stop trying? I wish he would just listen to me.

Anyway, I hit some gravy bones tonight.

Highlights:

:arrow: Derek Littlefield inspired me to get good at Eggbeaters, so I came out with some ok Egg links both sides, and Egg x3 (strongside), x2 flipside. It's a start!
:arrow: Blurry Whirl> Spinning Whirl> Blurry Whirl> Spinning FUCK (So close to the repeat! Will hit it soon)
:arrow: Blurry Whirl> Spinning Butterfly *rpt
:arrow: Fairy ss Blink> Fairy ss Reverse Swirl> Revup (one side) I'm using this as a "tester" link. When I can hit it on just one side, then spend some time working on the components, and see if/when it gets easier. But that combo is so phat, imo.
:arrow: Another tester combo: Blurry Whirl> Mobius> PS Whirl (again, one sided) Did hit other side Mobius> PS Whirl though.
:arrow: Run with Symp Whirl x2 BSOS

That's all she wrote. Groin has some soreness from doing Egg incorrectly for the first half of the session. I'm planning on no shred tomorrow.

Really stoked on this freestyle foot tricks sport. Ever since Sunday at ECFC, I have been feeling like I'm about to hit another level. I can also pretty clearly see my path. Excited for this.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Sep 2014 21:02

Told myself I wasn't going to play tonight, but Marc Peralta and I got to chatting about some concepts and all that talk made both of us itchy for kick (Watching David Clavens' "Diamonds" video also persuaded me to drill). So we left our computers and went out to drill in our separate locations. I had quite a banger session. My leg doesn't hurt anymore either, so that's a huge plus.

Highlights:

:arrow: Phase (AKA: Phasing ("Fairy ss Swirling set") ss Mirage) (both sides), a handful of times on each side. Pretty sure these were my first ones on flipside. I can get the set pretty high. It'd be sweet to duck it eventually. Doable? Possibly.
:arrow: Phasing Far Legover (one side) new trick for me
:arrow: Swirling Far Legover (BSOS)
:arrow: Blurry Whirl> Pdx Drifter (both sides)
:arrow: Pdx Drifter> Blurry Whirl (both sides)
:arrow: Slicing ss Toe (both sides) & Slicing ss Clipper (both sides) (each trick new on flip)
:arrow: I think I finally figured out my flip Pixie Muted Far Swirl. I hit it a handful of times. It's all in the hips, baby.***
:arrow: Drilled Revup> Fairy Butter *rpt several times
:arrow: Flip Fairy ss Revup (not new, but it's been a while)
:arrow: Blurry Whirl> Spinning Butter *rpt again

***I feel like Jon Schneider when I end my sentences with ",baby." By the way, big props to Jon for running ECFC Freestyle. He didn't even play this weekend. What a champ. Did miss kicking with him though.

Nothing else to report. All is well. Except Eggbeaters. They piss me off a little :3

Goooooood night.
Nick Polini

Funblog

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 01 Oct 2014 07:13

I was disappointed at not playing with jon. You should get him to go to punkin jam
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 02 Oct 2014 10:14

Awesome highlights man! I can't believe how much better you have gotten. Consistency is way up and the trick selection is siick. Great job making it to 9 mobii, i can see you getting up to the 15ish mark one day for sure. I also have that juicy bag that you paid for sitting here :) sorry didn't get to say goodbye to you!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Oct 2014 17:24

<3 I am a toe. Eggs all day!!
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Oct 2014 19:55

Brian: Thanks man, it means a lot. I don't know if you remember it well, if at all, but before I left that NYJ where I met you for the first time, you showed me how to Gyro Clipper... and there began my story ;) So I really have to thank you for, essentially, my entire Spinning game. None of it would have happened without Gyro Clippers. I hope to have another Mobi-off with you some day! That was a really fun circle. You've also improved a ton, too, btw. Your consistency inspired me to become more consistent. And I actually did get to say goodbye to you, it might have been a little rushed because Doug was getting antsy :P Great to see you again though.

Derek: You are indeed a toe... All the toes. Your best friend hurt me though :/ I will get to it later in this post. I hope it's not a serious injury. It doesn't feel like one (I hope).

So tonight was really cool but ended sort of lamely. Shred with Jeremy & Bonslaver. Killer session. Jeremy is trying to get back into it, which is awesome. His legs have been hurting after all of our previous sessions, so I'm trying to help be his like, motivator to strengthen his legs. We decided that we would start a running program again. Should be fun, but I'm really hoping this fixes his leg issues. He's too important to the community to lose to some leg problems. He hit Fairy Legover b2b tonight and some good tiltless runs. I think new insoles might give him a boost into pain-free shred.

Bonslaver was a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. He really let me down tonight, on a scale that no one has ever let me down before. The kid did not hit a single Mobius. What a loser. :P I'm joking about all of the above. Nathan, you is awesome. You is too, Jeremy. But yeah, read Nathan's blog later, it'll be a good post. I feel like he hit a lot of good stuff.

Awesome people at this session. So much laugh. Very chuckles. Such shenanigans. Nathan had an endless flow of "used" toilet paper bits pouring from his shoe. I was punning the shit out of the party with an average pun score of 7.7. Nathan has 2 phones. Can you believe that? Next time you see him or whenever you meet him, you should ask him why. I picked up a millipede and pretended to lick it, then Nathan called me out and said something about "tongue contact", because he didn't see any, so I went on full force and licked the millipede. I now have some advice for my readers... NEVER lick a millipede. They secrete some sort of toxin that tastes like battery acid. After I licked it, I remembered that Ring-Tailed Lemurs also lick millipedes (giant millipedes, much bigger than the one I licked)! They mess with them a bit, then once it's perturbed, they secrete a hallucinogen on their backs, the lemurs put that on their hands and lick at it and get all bombed on millipede ooze and start going ham in the tree tops. Maybe I was a lemur in my past life. But yeah, never again. Knock that one off my bucket list.

I played really well. Tonight was actually the session I needed to be like "Oh! This is how I am supposed to play footbag!" I was very "on".

Highlights:

:arrow: Blurry Whirl> Blurry Drifter (both sides)
:arrow: Gyro Whirl> Blurry Whirl (BSOS)
:arrow: Pixie Whirl> Blurry Whirl (both sides, each in their own runs)
:arrow: Whirling Swirl> Revup> string> flip Whirling Swirl
:arrow: Found (and hit) my favorite link in the entire world.. Fairy Swirl> Revup (BSOS) The Fairy Swirl was uptime, so more like Phasing ss Clipper?.. Best combo ever, hands down.. no. shut up. Best, I say.
:arrow: Twirl> Revup (BSOS)
:arrow: Memorable run with Blurry Whirl> Pdx Whirl> Pdx Whirl> Pdx Drifter> Pdx DLO
:arrow: This one is a 2014 goal that I 1/2 way knocked off, since I could only hit it on 1 side: Fog> Smog.. Probably also my first triple dex> triple dex. I need flipside. My body was just not feeling it. Soon though.
:arrow: Phasing Legover> sweet string. Everyone thought that looked wicked.
:arrow: Sick run> Phasing Drop... pick up the bag> Phase. Phasing will be mine. I love it so much and when I love a concept, I generally practice the shit out of it.

So the bad news... I messed with some Eggbeaters towards the end of the session and I felt something go in my thigh. Fuck. Yep. Minor injury once again. I think (DEREK, STOP READING NOW, I AM SO SO SO SORRYYYYY) I might have to give up on Eggs for a little while :( I really wanted them. I still want them. I think I might just have to come back to them later.

Going to grab a shower now and stretch while doing so.

Seriously, don't lick millipedes. Well, do it if you want to. But I warned you. It's a kind of interesting experience and my tongue still hurts a little, but man, I don't know. It was kind cool. Kinda bummed I didn't start tripping or something. More cool than not. Anyway, go ahead and lick a millipede IF YOU WANT TO, KNOWING THAT I WARNED YOU. If you do, you should talk to me about your experience. It's pretty cool. Hope my tongue doesn't grow some weird abscess or something. Definitely cool. Kinda scary. Sort of painful. Definitely give it a shot.

Good night
Nick Polini

Funblog

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 02 Oct 2014 21:22

Nick you're fucking amazing and I love you.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 03 Oct 2014 10:40

oh you men.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Oct 2014 15:07

Sucks my homie hurt ya, I'll have to beat 'em for ya. It's not a serious, but I agree, if they hurt, kick back. I totally want to lick a millipede now, especially one of them giant ones.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Oct 2014 22:19

Thanks everyone. Dan, that was your first post in my blog! Woo! Thanks for your words. You're the man. Really stoked for the winter invitational Matt Kemmer visit. Hoping you'll be down to shred that weekend.

Derek: I'm afraid of Eggs now. I was really hyped for some tomorrow morning with some Butter and Toast, but I just don't trust them anymore. Please make a tutorial video! People would benefit! Benefit, I say! And fuck yeah, lick a millipede and let me know how it goes. It Sucks but it's pretty cool too, like i mentioned above. Better yet, film it.

So I haven't played but maybe that millipede's formic acid (I looked it up) affected my dreams because I have 2 sick ones that I want to share... Mainly so I can remember them but, maybe you would enjoy them too...

Dream 1:

Driving in a car and out my Window, there's a horse. The horse is running around in a field. Suddenly, out of the sky, comes about a dozen hawks dive bombing the horse. The horse tries to run away but he cant run fast enough. The Hawks attack him almost simultaneously, and melt into the horse's body. The horse stands up and looks around. Nothing happens. Hawks are inside him... Everything is confusing and placid for a second or 2. Then the horse stands to shake and quake and it grows huge eagle wings and starts flying above my car. I woke up soon after that, I think. But damn, that was up there in some of the coolest dreams I've had.

Dream 2:

Wading through this wetland, searching for amphibians and whatnot, when this guy starts pointing out different animals and misidentifying them! Big pet peeve of mine in real life. I set him straight on a few animals. Then he said, we'll have you seen this? And told me to go under water. He points out this plant that I had seemingly been looking for for YEARS AND YEARS. It was a fully aquatic Venus fly trap (which doesn't actually exist in real life) and this thing was apparently like the creme de la creme, the holy grail of all plant species. I went to take my waterproof phone (also water proof in real life, which made it so much more realistic) out of my pocket to take a picture or it, but then I woke up. I was like heavy amped when I woke up. Pretty awesome dream.

Thanks, Sr. Millipede for those trippy dreams. I keep trying to fix my glasses when I'm wearing contacts. That definitely makes me look insane. Fuck did it again.

I told off this guy at work today in a very mature way. He's never liked me and has always taken things out on me. Today, I put him in his place. That made me #8. Gonna play maybe tomorrow. Leg is feeling better. Holy crap. So tired. Gonna conclud this by saying that I'm going to lay fingers across my phone and see what it types in the near minutes here we go, so is isi7 +Ln +K hoy 6 6 7 n X jj jj +u7ü wsľjí......
Nick Polini

Funblog

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 04 Oct 2014 06:24

Talking about licking the millipede made me kinda want to try it. Those dreams made me want to pursue it. That horse one is so awesome!

I don't feel bad that we didn't shred together at ECFC. We are everywhere so I'll see you soon!

Here, have a photo.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Oct 2014 21:51

Glad some people enjoyed my dreams. I actually got some private messages about them today :P Dreaming has always treated me well. I feel bad for the people that don't have dreams (sleepy-night-time-DMT dreams, that is). I wish I could help people to have some of the crazy/awesome dreams that I experience, but I've no idea how :/ I wish all of you the trippiest of trippy good dreams tonight! Since people seem to enjoy my dream tales, I think I'll start documenting more often in here.

Cass: I highly suggest that you lick a millipede and get back to me on your experience. I really want someone else to take the leap and do it. I know you're into pretty into bugs, so I sort of guessed that you would be the only other/one of the few others to lick a millipede. It was just a gnarly experience that I can say I knocked off of my bucket list. How many others can say they've done the same? not many, if any at all... join the league. And thanks for the picture :D

Blog! Whats up? Cat got your tongue? That reminds me, I had cow tongue last night on my way up to the RV. By the way, I'm at the RV. Shit. Let me do this in a more orderly fashion...

Hello! Last night I got home from work and my parents and I were supposed to go to our RV in Maryland this weekend. My mom got sick, somehow, so it was just going to be my dad and I. So we took off and headed toward MD. Along the way, we stopped at this Mexican restaurant and looked at the menu. Some crazy shit on that list. My dad and I have always liked trying new things, so I got cow tongue enchiladas and my dad got cow face enchiladas. Try new things, you will find something amazing sooner or later. I did. The tongue was so good, that I was left speechless.. so was the cow! BOOM! (6.5 on the pun scale). Sorry if that offended any vegetarians. That was a very "tongue"-in-cheek joke and should not be taken at "face" value! BANG! (8.5 on the pun scale + 1 for double pun combo = 9.5! (new personal record!))

Erm.. yeah, the beef tongue was awesome. The waitress asked if my dad and I were related.. we both looked at each other and laughed. "No, not at all". We also ordered horchatas. Now now... If you have never had a horchata, please please please.. I advise you all to go to a mexican restaurant and ask for a horchata. My dad and I only tried them because of that Vampire Weekend song with the lyrics "In December, drinking Horchata...", and we were always curious, so there it is. Horchatas have been drunked. Best drink... ever? I think it's made from rice and vanilla, and other stuff. Then we left and eventually arrived at the RV. Man, we ate some weird shit this weekend, now that I think about it. I'll get to the other stuff later. Pulled all the luggage into the RV, listened to Stuff You Should Know, then went to bed.

Woke up this morning with some CRAZY weather. Since the bay is basically right next to the RV, we got it's windy fist ALL DAY. This following video captures a bit of it, but not the most intense. I should have filmed that. That was madness. I think this video is really pretty though:

It is time for stormy weather

We were planning on fishing this weekend, but the only boats on the water were huge sail boats. No chance our boat could handle some of those bigger white caps out further in the middle.

Instead of fishing, we went hiking/birding in a wildlife reserve... except the wind was so fierce that we saw only a handful of birds, but they were trying to gtfo. We did find this cute Pickerel Frog, though:

Photo not available, because Facebook is maggot piss. Just imagine a spotty frog on a hand. Yeah, that's it. Nice, eh?

Here's one that will work, at least... We also stumbled upon a wild Persimmon Tree, which have the most delectable fruits. We took a bunch of fruits that had recently fallen due to the high winds and we went on our way:

After the hike, we went back to the RV and my dad and I hung out for a little, then I went to go play footbag. I did film. As soon as I got warmed up, I was hitting some great runs, so I turned the camera on and caught the rest of them. Pretty excited to finally catch some sweet strings on tape. Really happy with basically all of these. I wish I would have angled the camera up more. My head is cut off for a few of these clips, but whenever you see the bag go up higher than my shoulder, just assume that it was ducked or dove :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfBSk-UEf4[/youtube]

I ended that session on Symple Reverse Swirl> ss Symposium Blink bs. Pretty glad I nailed it. I need to work on that flip Symple Reverse Swirl.

About the video: yes, that is my dad doing yoga behind me in one shot. I thought it would make for an interesting shot. The Fog> Smog BSOS is my first BSOS'ed 3dex> 3dex. So happy about that. And finally, I have been trying to take on a new goal recently. After my last video came out, David Clavens messaged me and sent me David Clavens: "Diamonds" because he said I need to start using things other than my natural abilities. He told me "If you can't hit everything in this video, then go do it"... so I am. I already knocked off the final clip (Blurry Whirl Sandwich on Mobius Bread) and now the first clip with his Ripped Warrior> Superfly string is almost identical to one in my video above. 2 down, a bunch to go.

I don't want to keep rambling, but soon after I finished my session, The Smithes came over to hang out for a little while. Robert and I started talking a little "what's up? how have you been?" yadda yadda.. but he soon cut the small talk "Do you wanna play footbag?" This is a question I rarely refuse. Michael joined us (he was in the car, being mad at his brother I think) but a footbag lesson brought them back together. They were both showing a lot of improvement with their toe stalls, both sides. Michael even hit it b2b a few times. Robert is close, but still needs to work on his delays a little more. But he is very close.

Last part of today.. My dad and I had dinner. Fish ball stew with grass jelly drink... just take it for what it is. Delicious dinner though.

OK ok, I gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow, my dad and I are doing shit, I guess. Not sure what kind of shit yet, but we'll think of something.

Session with Coreyx3, Jeremy, Nathan, and Jon at Berks, tomorrow 6:30 pm. Biggest Berks session yet. Stoked on this.

If you read all this, thanks for reading. You're a champ. If you didn't... don't worry, neither did I.

Extra hyped for Boston Jam in November. Hot hamburger hell, that's going to be a good time.

Good night.
Nick Polini

Funblog