Nick "Houdini" Polini

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Nick Polini: Operation: DCT (Do Cool Tricks)

Post by Ryan_Morris » 19 Jul 2015 11:35

You're game continues to inspire.

As far as the kayaking story, I honestly don't know what I would have done in that situation. I guess you could grab their paddles and run, but yeah...that's tough man. At the very least, it's good to know that you're savvy enough to keep yourself safe. It's hard enough for a person to do that, let alone protect other people from themselves, too. I'm glad that nobody was hurt.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Nick Polini: Hi

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 31 Aug 2015 16:27

Ryan: I'm glad my are game inspires you :P But really, that's always nice to hear. Thanks man.

So wow, long time no post. It was intentional, however. I tried to disappear for a while because I hated how obnoxious I always was posting footage or comments in the community. I'd always end up pissing someone off or upsetting someone when I was trying to help and people tend to not like my "offensive" ways. I don't want to make this part long-winded, but I just wanted to oust myself for a while. It was nice that way for a little while.

Lots to update... First and foremost, that Florida job well flat on it's face. The reason they were waiting to give me official word was because they had to hire a new VP... they finally did it, and the VP fired the boss, who was supposed to hire me. Then they decided that they weren't going to hire any of the people that were told they have jobs. I was really depressed about this for a while. Like depressed and on the brink of losing my head.

People kept telling me, "Everything happens for a reason." and "One door closes and another door opens." I wanted to believe it, but I just couldn't bring myself to come to terms with it all, since I had told EVERYONE i was moving to Florida, already said goodbye to a lot of people, and I could already picture my life in Florida.

I'm now glad I didn't get it because Miami will probably get annihilated by water in the near future. I just have a feeling.

The wildlife biology job market has been BRUTAL. Hear back from 1 out of 10 jobs I apply to. But this morning, I had a really promising note from the fish biology company I just recently worked for. They had a meeting about me coming into the company. I learned not to get my hopes up from the last fall through, but this one, I had a call from my ex co-worker today, and he essentially told me, "Your planets are aligning." I want to badly to say these 4 words that would honestly make me just cry. In the near future, I hope to update the title of my blog to those 4 words. Cross your fingers or push your thumbs for me.

Footbag stuff:

I wanted to go underground and film a shitload until I got really good, then emerged on the scene once I released a really really sick video. Unfortunately, during my 4th video, I got injured. My knee gave out on the last Pdx Drifter in Pdx Torque> Pdx Drifter *rpt. it didn't really hit me until I tried to play the next day. Couldn't support any weight. Fuck. I was so upset, because the last session, which I'll post below, was easily my best ever. Johnny and Jay both saw it and made me feel really good about my game with their comments. Enough chatting, I'll post those videos now, I guess.

If you only watch one of these videos, watch #4 Glamping Session

The Secret Secret Secret Sessions:
I only wanted to release these on my blog, because only people that actually care about my game read this thing. When I release my banger video, the first video where I'm (hopefully) BAP level, I might release it on the facebook group. But yeah, any feedback on these is welcome.

Then the other day, I went hiking with Bonslaver. That was a lot of fun.

https://instagram.com/p/7Bu_NhJUAb/?tak ... kthepolini

Then we played footbag afterward and I hit the best trick I've hit in my life. Still kind of surreal just thinking about it:

Vortex Swirl:
I've been getting better at juggling in my time off and also doing a lot of hiking, kayaking, geocaching, and birding.

Speaking of which, I'm about to go kayaking. Hope you guys enjoy the stuff.

Peace.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 31 Aug 2015 20:03

Blurry Drifter > Matador 8O

Nice Gansta and Vortex Swirl, Furious looks better now. Don't forget you've learned Surging, I haven't seen you use it.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Sep 2015 09:01

Thanks for the comment Vojta. I've been loving Nukes recently. Quick fix: Matador is Nuke Butter, Sumo is Nuke Mirage. Oh the names :P And I actually forgot about surging until you mentioned it, so I did a few last session. Much cleaner this time I think. I'll keep working on them.

So I've been playing and drilling again. I filmed a bunch of stuff and posted it on instagram the other day. I'll post it here, just for fun's sake:

Highlights:

:arrow: Pixie Swirl> Twirl bsos! Wanted this for a long time.
:arrow: Cool Sick 3: Double Blender> Gyro Blender> Spinning Gyro Toe
:arrow: Spinning Osis> Sumo> run
:arrow: Flurricane! Might be a little thin :/ I'll hit it better soon.
:arrow: Probably the coolest Sick 3 I've ever hit: Pixie Swirl> Mobius> Spikehammer
:arrow: Swifter b2b! Dream link!

Also drilled Pixie Swirl> Drifter> Blizzard bs yesterday. Feeling good about Swifters and Pixie Swirls (basically the same trick). Really want to drill them a lot now and finally make them mine.

Oh and hot damn, almost forgot about this. If you haven't seen it, it's a little long, but it's gotten such a good response. Paul Gressett (MetZelRio) and I have been working on this video for months and it finally released the other day.

GRAND THEFT GRAVITY
That's all I have for now, footbag-wise.

Life stuff:

I was contacted by Normandeau Associates Inc about helping them in New England with some biological fish and eel work in a few weeks. I think it might be a test to see if they want to keep me full time, so I'm basically gonna bust ass, do whatever I'm asked to do then ask if I can do more, and basically exceed expectations on this trip. The company got me a hotel room and a $40 meal perdeim per day, as well as regular pay. Pretty excited to prove myself again. They really enjoyed my presence last time, so I hope to do that again.

One cool thing about the trip is that I'll be in Northern Massachusetts, about an hour away from Hogan. We plan to meet up for sessions a few times. Will keep the blog updated. It's nice that stuff is finally working out for me.

My one co-worker liked me so much that he wrote me the nicest reference letter I have ever read. I'll post it below:

August 31, 2015

To whom it may concern:
This letter is in reference for Nick Polini. I understand that this gentleman is in need of employment, I think he would be a good fit for any of our Normandeau Associates Offices’. Mr. Polini was hired as a temporary employee to fill our need for the very busy spring schedule at the Drumore Office in Pennsylvania. During this time, he was asked to perform many different tasks during a period of three months. In some instances, he volunteered to fill vacant shifts, with little, (if any) prior notice. Mr. Polini was always on time (if not at work 30 minutes prior to meeting times), was always in a pleasant state, was very attentive to detail, never complained about working late hours, was committed to the task at hand, and most importantly, work very well with others. As a supervisor at the Conowingo Fish Lifts for over ten years, Nick was one of the young temporaries that I worked with that I felt our company was doing a disservice to, by not providing a permanent position to.
It is with these statements that I most unequivocally give my recommendation for Nick Polini for employment to Normandeau Associates. This young man would be a valuable asset to this company, and his contribution to our company would be no less than a positive one. Please feel free to contact me with questions, or concerns in this or any other matter regarding Mr. Polini. Thank you for your time.

CHRIS AVALOS Fisheries Biologist
1921 River Road, Drumore, PA 17518

Just about brought a tear to me eye. My life has been following a very bendy and winding road for the past few months, but I think I'm finally starting to straight it out.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Nov 2015 23:37

You spelled "straighten" wrong.

Long time no post. I've been on a business trip this month and I still am. I go home in a week, finally. I'm currently typing this from a hotel in Massachusetts. I'm on a long American shad and American eel study, popping around New England, from Vermont to Massachusetts to Vermont to New Hampshire back to Vermont then Massachusetts (currently at this stage) and finally maybe back to New Hampshire. I was in New Hampshire a few night ago and I had a really last minute session with Oli Simpson and Erik Larson. We were going to meet up again tonight, but the study got messed up and we had to bail on NH and go right to Massachusetts. We might go back to NH to finish up the whole study, but it's up in the air.

I'd like to get in one more session with the NH guys. We had a really great time. They showed me how their club ends a session, by doing a full heel hack. Everyone has to do a heel stall trick and then pass it to the next. We finally managed to get it. Larson hit Ducking Heel for one attempt and Pixie op Clipper> Far Heel for another. Those were sick. I hit Stepping Ducking Heel and Double Spinning Heel for some of my attempts. Fun way to end a session.

I've been playing quite a bit, whenever I can squeeze a session in. I haven't checked modified in a really long time. There's so many videos and highlights that I've missed. I'll be playing catch up soon. Oh and I'll post my pics and videos from the eels once I get back on my laptop at home.

So, yeah the NH session was really fun. I hit a ton of really great long runs with above average variety (for me). Actually felt like I was playing just a bar under BAP level, for the first time in my life.

Best highlight from that session:

:arrow: Swirling Legover> Smoke one side. Didn't try the other side that day.

The other night, I drilled Takes. Ended up hitting Ss Rake x10, which really evened out my rakes. I feel like that heightened my game.

Tonight, or drilled and hit some really good stuff. My aim was to get better at Smoke.

Highlights:

:arrow: Near Drifter Rake b.s.
:arrow: Vortex Rake bs!
:arrow: Stepping Ss Mirage> Smoke Rpt, once on each side

Then 2 videos. Enjoy. I'm super tired and going to bed. I just wanted to get the bare minimum in.
Hope you enjoy.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 03 Nov 2015 05:04

That free beer video would have been much better if you skulled down the beer and then busted out a great run afterwards.

Can you do stepping ducking swirl? Phil Morrison used to do them a lot and they looked great.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Nov 2015 20:26

Dan, yeah, I've hit it on one side and I've hit Ducking swirl on both. Stepping Ducking swirl is in this video [youtube]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=HVAu92hwx7A#t=2m19s[/youtube]

In life news, I come home this Thursday and I can't wait.

In footbag news, my game has been feeling very undroppable. Ever since I drilled Rakes, footbag feels like it got easier. Been doing a lot more Pdx Illusions, Rakes, and Swirls. Cool combo from tonight's session was Toe Ss Rev Swirl> Merkon> op Rev Swirl> Gyro Rev Swirl. I'll fill tank up to get gas. Wtf. I was going to edit that out but I figured it would show you what's going on in my mind. I haven't g o then much sleep.

I tagged my first eel the other day. I'm tired. Bed time.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 11 Nov 2015 07:09

Blurry Twirl>Blur was so cool!! Man, I really enjoy watching your game. You remind me why osis is my favorite component constantly.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Nov 2015 16:04

Kyle: Thanks man, stoked you seem to think it's as cool as I do.

I had a lot of footbaggy stuff recently, but haven't posted in here like.. at all. Feels not good, so I wanted to catch up.

Here's a life update: My paperwork for being full-time at Normandeau is currently going through. I should hear something in the next week. I've got my own office now, so that's a good sign. I'll be in the field during the nicer weather, but in the winter and late fall, I'll be inside working on various reports. I've been calculating different survival/malady estimates through some old ass computer program called DOS. It sucks and takes forever, but I've gotten pretty quick at it. Ivan and Ryan love DOS. Might post more life stuff later. Lots has been happening.

So here are some videos:

Here's the first video, from when I was still in New England. My boss told me to take the company truck and go have fun, so I drove to visit Hogan and played some bag. It was a blast and the best part was that we didn't eat any food while we were there. Kevin was really pumped on my decision to not eat. I don't think he was very hungry that day. Cool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcEEZSpq-I[/youtube]

Then I went home the next day and the day after I got home, I had a dope session with Bonslaver, which is the following video. We were both stoked to see each other again. He got so good. BAP in a few years. I was really happy with Ripstein> PS Revup bs:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lu1FRNJVlU[/youtube]

Ok cool, running right along...

I had this session after I kicked with Drew Marten and since his name rhymes with "screw", I wanted to learn flip Torquescrew, finally. Started hitting them more often. Definitely worked its way up into my top 3 favorite tricks. Here's a short Torquescrewy video with some large Torquescrew tricks and my first Torquescrew BSOS. Love Torquescrews now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbwHnaLGeFU[/youtube]

Soon after this, I had a really damn fun session with Ivan and he witnessed my first flip Mobius Screw. I was so stoked on that. Flip Mobius Screw is getting more consistent. Also, Vortex Swirl is getting to the point where I can hit it within like 3 or 4 tries.

I then made this really dumb video as an official video trailer for NYJ 2016. I just basically had a ton of Whirlyball footage from last year and it was too rad to not do something with.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3E0a-1No8[/youtube]

Ok cool, word, shut up, mom. Let's get it on goin on now. Here we go...

Then I went to PSU Turkey Jam and played this prank on Zach. I thought funny. Also, PSU Jam was a frickin' hoot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=262XRMDTXZA[/youtube]

And finally the banger. This is a video I took from today and a bit from the other day. SOme dream tricks in here and a few great runs. Great day for footbag.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7Vdf4Veuw[/youtube]

I just took a hilarious family Thanksgiving video. I'll be uploading that when I get home. It's seriously the best video prank I've ever done. Way too funny.

Ok, done. Damn. Happy birthday bro. Or turkey jurkey or whatever. Oh and Lon hit a sick combo today for me. Done done done bye.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Dec 2015 11:56

Hey blog guy.

I kicked the other day with Zach Hoffa. He wants to start pushing himself again and I told him I'd help him by feeding him challenges. I'm doing the same thing with Ben Babyak, Karel Christopherson & his friend, Gabriel LeBlanc. It's a blast. i love giving tips and helping others get better. If you want to join my little posse of challenge-getters, comment or message me. I don't mind a handful more. Basically, I give you a challenge that will definitely help you improve (based on where you are in your game) and you make me a video of it and send it to me. I critique it and you refilm it or it looks good and you pass to the next level challenge, My students are having a great time with it so far. Really positive attitudes.

Slowly assembling my Joulukalenteri. Feeling really good about it, so far. I hit a few really massive tricks for it, one that I believe only Moir has hit before. More to come later.

Had a nice drill session the other night, under my streetlight.

Highlights:

:arrow: Double Spinning Clipper is getting really really easy on one side. The other needs work, but isn't far behind.
:arrow: Drilled a bunch of Mobius> Blur bs and Pdx Torque> Blur bs.
:arrow: Got a sick little 3 add drill that's harder than some 5 add drills I've hit: Toe ss Reverse Swirl> Swirling Mirage *rpt. Fun, techy, and stylish. Just how I like it. Definitely Evanspired.
:arrow: Drilled a few Ducking Pdx Torques bs,. Hit a few on each side, but they're not ready yet. Lon gave me some tips on them, so I'm excited to put them into play. I need to OWN Pdx Torques first, I think.
:arrow: Ended on Void> Mobius both sides. One side had a Spinning Rake at the end of it, but I could only foot the flipside.

Footbag has been feeling really fun and good lately. Hope to continue with that.

The Joulukalenteri is so sick so far. Day 2 is already out and it's still Dec. 1st :P Awesome. Props to Dan & Allan. They both deserve awards for how much they've done for our sport.

Tonight, I plan to have a session with Bonslaver after his talent show is finished. I'll be watching the talent show, too, of course. His talent is apparently fighting radioactive wolverines, with his arms and legs tied together, or something. Talented kid. It was either that, or doing a hackysack routine. Can't remember. O memory, where art thou?

Peace.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2015 08:42

I had a session last night to film for my Joulukalenteri video. At work the other day, I wrote down some concepts/links/drills that I wanted to get in my video. After I finished writing them, I realized how absolutely ridiculous some of them were, but at the same time, I knew they were all within the realm of possibility for me at this time.

It's crazy, because this time last year, if I would have read this list, I would have ruled out half of them and said "Nope, impossible for everyone except Evan, Jay, and Jorden." I never would have guessed my game would ever be where it is right now. I'm not trying to brag... I'm just so appreciative of the level that I achieved.

I ended up knocking 3 of the drills off my list last night. I couldn't believe it. Footage came out nice too. I'm pretty positive none of the drills I hit have ever been done by anyone. Funny part is that none of the tricks I used last night are above 4 adds :P Still some of the hardest/coolest drills I've ever done or seen.

Anyway, just an update. I'm going to take tonight and tomorrow off, then there's a big session planned on Saturday with Zach Hoffa, (possibly.. if we have the session early enough) Ivan, (possibly) David (if he feels better.. he's sick), Tyler, and maybe Bonslaver, but he hasn't answered my text yet. Either way, yeah footbag, session wow.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 04 Dec 2015 11:15

I was in school. I can maybe come tomorrow, depends what time. I feel like you're Christmas video is going to be great. High level shred and overal goodness.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Dec 2015 07:17

Yo Nate, thanks for the comment. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with my video. We should probz congregate for shred this weekend.

Hi blog.

So I don't have much else to update, footbag-wise. I've been playing for the camera and continuing to surprise myself. I really want this video to be the one that makes people say, "Hot ham! What have you done with Nick Polini?" After this Olav video, I'm kind of nervous to release mine, because my strings are nowhere near as dense as his :/ That video was sick, but it made me feel shitty about my game. However, that feeling made me want to get better at footbag, so that's always a good thing.

Also, Evan just recently publicly mentioned me ad "on the brink of greatness". I can't describe to you my feelings when I read that. Just hopeful, motivated, and ecstatic. Fuck. I'd love to reach "that" level one day.

Anyway, crazy life stuff...

1) I was finally hired full time into a permanent position as a Fisheries Biologist at Normandeau Associates Inc! The pay was much better than I had originally thought and so are the benefits! It's going to be sick making pretty solid cash flow, having 2 weeks vacation off for the first year (2 per year and they do carry over)... So that's gonna mean some nice trips to footbag events/vacation time with the gf. I got 13 sick days/year, 2 personal days/year, medical, dental, 401k and all that jazz. I'm hooked up to start wearing my man pants. Well not fully hooked up... I still live with my parents and commute 1 hour and 30 minutes to work... Which brings me to my next point..

2) I threw down a security deposit on an apartment yesterday! Finally moving out of my parents' house. The apartment is 8 minutes away from my work place, so that rules. Unfortunately, I wont be super close to Ivan, Bonslaver, Zach, Tyler, or David. That kinda sucks. But I'm really not that incredibly far away from them.

This is distance information for these guys listed above:

Bonslaver: 1:15 minute drive
Zach: Also 1.15 minutes
Ivan: 1.26 minutes
Tyler: 1.05 minutes
David: 1.30

So it's not like I wont be seeing you guys. In fact, we should try to plan a session at least once a month. You guys are certainly welcome to crash at my new place.

3) This one kinda came out of left field, but since Mike Toolan is trying to find internships this spring in environmental biology, I told him I'd ask the head biologist if there was need for interns this spring at Conowingo, for the American shad project (that's where I started last spring to get this job). The head biologist told me he's interested in Mike. So Toolan and I might just be working at the fish lifts together this spring. I told him I'd only try to hook him up if he played footbag with me :P He agreed. More on that later.

But yeah, the video is coming along really well, career path is finally coming along well (even better than expected), and I'll be at NYJ with Zach in a few weeks. Life is going extremely well and I couldn't be happier.
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Dec 2015 09:09

Congrats on the life developments taking flight!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: Unfortunately, I wont be super close to Ivan, Bonslaver, Zach, Tyler, or David. That kinda sucks.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: This is distance information for these guys listed above:

Bonslaver: 1:15 minute drive
Zach: Also 1.15 minutes
Ivan: 1.26 minutes
Tyler: 1.05 minutes
Is your definition of "super close" basically "in the same room as me?" Cause I consider those distance times super close. :P

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Dec 2015 05:54

Ken, you're correct. They aren't that far at all. I'm relieved that I get to stay in the same vicinity as my club members.

So quick update:

I finished filming all the footbag stuff for my joulu video. I just have to film a dumb outro at some point and throw it at the end of my video and it's finished. It turned out better than expected. I hope it will surprise some people and make them restart the video a few times. It's got some goodies in it, for sure.

I move into my new apartment right after NYJ. Excited for that. There IS enough room in the living room to drill during the winter. Score.

Joulu has been really cool. Nice work, Dan and Allan.

Last two things.

I've started a facebook group for teaching novice to intermediate players online, giving them appropriate challenges, and having them post video, which I critique. It's benefited everyone so far. I've got 5 students right now. Message me or comment if you're interested in joining my online class.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly,,, I'm running for Marketing Director of IFPA. Ivan and I will be running as a team. Any member of IFPA can vote. So, vote for me when voting starts. I'm not a crook and stuff.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Dec 2015 23:28

Hi Trambo.

I'm about to pass out but I wanted to update right quick..

So today was my calendar day, and it went over so Damn well! Lon Smith said he wield be flabbergasted if my video didn't end up being his favorite. Rippin Rick Reese said that I'm what freestyle needs. Jay Boychuk Todd me I might have blown the calendar's load early, which I thought was a hilarious way to put it. Just so many nice compliments. I'll post the video below:

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=xp4YjZP-DUk[/youtube]

Next thing... I am running for Marketing Directir of the IFPA. Voting is open now till Jan 1, so please vote for me. I have so many posts to grow footbag, but I can only do them to their full potential if you vote for me. More on this later.

I was so hyped from the crazy comments on the video today, so I drilled fire a while after work. It felt great and I feel like I already improved in sue areas.

Drilled stuff:

Ripstein> Reverse Swirl 3x on flip side. Strong doesnt need drilling.
Flip Torquescrew. Again, string didn't need it.
Ripwalk> Blurriest bs 3x each
Flip Mobius> Blur 6x

Ended on an extra Mobius> Blur> Smear bs

Pretty great session. Bed.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 22 Dec 2015 02:14

You have my vote, I said it when we were doing the planning of the tour and I was talking to Jay, I said we need to tap into Nick Polini's enthusiasm and really build on that. It wasn't the right time or place at that stage, but I really hope you get this. I would love to work together on some projects. It's a bit hard to get things going at scale/with no money but there are a lot of things that could be improved.

So other readers, go vote, it doesn't take long at all.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Dec 2015 09:52

Hooked from the first trick. The rest was insane too 8O
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Nick Polini: Hey Kevin, how's it going?

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Dec 2015 19:08

Danny-O, thanks for backing me, dude. I need all the support I can get. Great job this month. It didn't go unappreciated.

Vojta, thanks dude. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ok, so a few new things.. 2 videos and a ruthless self-plug :P

First, 2 new sessions with some cool runs and other highlights:

Ohio Session #1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTMkpk68ZpM[/youtube]

Ohio Session #2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKXnjd8yMA[/youtube]

Some cool junk in there.

Here's the ruthless self plug:

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT! I've got so many ideas cooking in my head to help expand Freestyle Footbag and even some cool ideas to help Net. I have loved this sport for years and years, but now I'd really love to start giving back by running for Marketing Director in the IFPA.

Please vote for me. I need your help. All IFPA members can vote. If you are not an IFPA member, but you play footbag regularly, you're doing a disservice to the sport by not being a member. It only takes a minute to sign up, plus it's free. And voting only takes a second when you are a member.

Merry Christmas and thanks so much for voting.

Good night.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Nick Polini: Hey Kevin, how's it going?

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Jan 2016 06:29

Lots of new things with me.

-NYJ was awesome. Took 2nd place in Request and 2nd place in Mirage Race. I got out on Shaft> Blizzard, so don't be surprised if you see me working on Symp Double Downs this winter.

-I moved into my new apartment last night. I don't have internet set up yet and I have no phone service (calling about that today). Hopefully that will change, but aside from that, I love it. There's a nice pad to shred outside on my patio, where I could fit a 3 to 4 man circle and once I get carpet inside the livingroom, I can easily drill in there this winter.

-I'm sick, along with a handful of other people who attended NYJ :/

Highlights from NYJ:

-Coming in right behind Evan in Request. Felt great. I played too hard before circle comp, and my legs were dead/floor was slippery. I blame these 2 things as why I didn't do better.
-I played really well, despite the floors being slippery. Evan gave me a lot of props and also props from everyone else.
-New footbag tricks: Shaft (Thanks, Request), Fluxscrew! (one side a few times, footed other side, several times), also realized I can actually do Flux pretty easily now, I footed Gyro Diving Mobiusscrew, a starter combo I hit in circle that I was stoked on (Mobius> Void) and I got a drill I was happy with: Torquescrew> Infinity *rpt.

I think that's all for now. Getting carpet asap, so I can drill in my livingroom.
Nick Polini

Funblog