Allan's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Allan

Re: Allan's Footblog

Post by Allan » 22 Jul 2014 18:35

Oh and shred4life while there are 3400 some-odd members, this only shows people who have uploaded an avatar (and left it up if they're no longer active). I guess less than a third of members have uploaded anything.

I'll also add that the member count is highly inaccurate, as there are quite a few spam accounts that never got removed.

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 22 Jul 2014 18:39

Allan wrote:You don't currently have an avatar set, bluevampire101 so it won't show you. This is a "live" view of all the entire member list and whatever their current avatar is ...
Ohh. Okay. I guess with the new version/update of the site my previous avatar was removed and I hadn't figured to put it back up. Thanks Allan! :)
It's also a nice reminder to do so now.
April Tou
kicker, stitcher, footbag enthusiast, baker of PSUFC

"Drill until it's ingrained." -old Indian proverb according to a book I read

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 23 Jul 2014 05:16

that was awesome! thx allan. mine was actually first in the top left hand corner. how cool! love the animated gifs of pixelated footbaggers.
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 23 Jul 2014 05:57

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Pretty cool, thanks for posting this little "modified only" treat. Saw lots of familiar "faces".. really made me miss modified from the old days.
Yes.

2007 was my modified old days. Memory lane. And I saw my old avatar too! How fun!

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 23 Jul 2014 16:31

Wow, blast from the past. Thanks bro dog. Mine appears first for me, I wonder if it's a different order for everyone. Either way super cool.
Drew Martin

Allan

Post by Allan » 23 Jul 2014 16:33

Yeah, actually, I forgot that that's how the script works: it's gonna put whoever's viewing it (while logged in) first ...

Allan

Post by Allan » 23 Jul 2014 17:26

I'm going to get another capture of it that doesn't show the borked ones, but for now.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 23 Jul 2014 18:16

wow it took me forever to find mine. This thing is amazing. I def want a poster

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Jul 2014 03:18

Oh i was wondering why i didnt see me too. I can name so many people just from those pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allan

6 Consecutive Inspinning Osis

Post by Allan » 27 Jul 2014 09:51

Decent session yesterday. Matt works on Saturdays, so it was a solo session. I got too stoked not to play after watching all the badass videos that were released in the past few days. I did take it pretty easy, especially for the first half hour or so. I played with my big red Paul Mestas show/juggling bag, as does seem to be a bit of a trend in freestyle. When I switched to playing with a "normal" sized 14, it seemed so incredibly easy. I'm going to start doing this (big bag first half, small finish) more often.

For the first half, I mostly just did super-basics. 102 alternating clippers (alternating between magic hop & planted). And a few 100+ random tiltless runs. I had a couple of runs where I did, like, 15-20 simple reverse swirls (not consecutive). Simple reverse Swirl is probably my favourite move right now.

When I switched to the 14, I started spinning. I had a couple of good runs with double spinnings and inspinnings. I hit a new (probably world) record of 6 consecutive inspinning osis. Twice. I didn't really push anything dexy, but I had a lot of fun, which is actually quite rare for playing by myself. I don't solo session a lot, but this one was worth it.

I'm running iOS8 on my phone, and it seems that it's got an issue recovering from when your battery dies in mid-record. I stopped recording and started again when I switched to the 14. The first file (45 minutes 5.9 GB) imports to my desktop just fine, but the 2nd file (27 min; 3.5GB) was recording when the battery died, and now gives an error on import half way through; I can play the file on my phone, but I can't get it off my phone :( On iOS 7, this didn't seem to be an issue. I should probably file a bug report. As a result, I'm going to have to use iMovie on my phone to get the 6 inspinning osis off of it (which I can do, but I'm not a big fan of editing on the device itself). I'll likely just ditch the rest of it :( Boo.

I'm trying to get Matt out to play today too. Yay Footbag.

Worlds is happening!!

Allan

Vasik

Post by Allan » 27 Jul 2014 15:00

Allan

Post by Allan » 30 Jul 2014 21:41

Matt & I played again last night for the better part of an hour. I didn't record video, and don't remember anything particularly special. We just played and had fun :)

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 31 Jul 2014 11:04

One of the cooler blog posts I've ever read. Props for paying for fun :)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 31 Jul 2014 17:51

I get why you love simple rev swirls, easily my favorite trick as well, and not common these days
Mathieu Gauthier

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 31 Jul 2014 20:29

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:One of the cooler blog posts I've ever read. Props for paying for fun :)

An interesting session.... 8O

Allan

Post by Allan » 31 Jul 2014 21:37

Fun pays me.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Aug 2014 06:45

I do not! :P

That typo was ' the ' . I meant "play"
Nick Polini

Funblog

Allan

Post by Allan » 08 Aug 2014 19:28

Played with Matt today. Way fun. No video.

Played a couple of days ago with Jeremy Kumbruch (and Matt). I don't video when Jer's around. I'm not really sure why. Maybe I will next time.

Played before that and got some video. I'm importing it now, and I'm betting there's some highlights in there, but I'm not really into publishing much these days. I've got a pretty solid 40GB of footage now that's just been filed away into backups and deleted from my main system.

I've been putting together some thoughts on how I feel about footbag these days. I'm hoping to put it together into a coherent blog post some time soon.

Holly mentioned on Facebook that modified would have a new logo "soon," so I'm looking forward to that.

There's also an awesome thread on Facebook right now where Ahren said he wanted to start playing again ... Eli now too? How sweet would that be if we had a 90s shred renaissance?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Aug 2014 20:59

Allan wrote: There's also an awesome thread on Facebook right now where Ahren said he wanted to start playing again ... Eli now too? How sweet would that be if we had a 90s shred renaissance?

Very sweet, Allan… Sorry.. "What is" very sweet, Allan. Correct!

If your name was Alex, this would have worked better :P

But yeah I am following that too. I'm really hoping they're all serious. I'd be so stoked to see a mini shred video that they could all put together, and you, because you're an OG!

You should try to persuade the best you can. I think a video like that would just rock the footbag community, in the best way possible.

I can understand why you're not into publishing as much nowadays. All I want to say is that I really used to be super excited just before clicking on the "play" arrow on one of your new videos. I knew I'd be in for a treat, and I was never wrong about that. Your game has been one of the most enjoyable semi-routine watches for me. Also, a few of us "newer veterans"(?) specifically show your parts in old shred videos at east coast footage jams. Newer players: "But it's all blurry.." Newer veterans: "Shut up, it's still worth it." lol So, even if you stop filming, don't worry, we've educated the newer generations about the awesomeness of Allan ;)

I really hope I catch you in person before you stop playing though. It's always always always been a dream to be in a circle with you. First part of that dream is to physically be able to keep up with you, which I think I'd finally be able to do and we'd have a slammin circle together. Second part of that is actually being at the same jam together. Hoping the second part plays out sooner or later!
Nick Polini

Funblog

Allan

Post by Allan » 11 Aug 2014 20:13

Some bags that Matt Emmings made: