Allan's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Allan

Re: Allan's Footblog

Post by Allan » 06 Apr 2016 20:10

After the Museum Patio session, what I didn't publish here was that I did 430 osis (counted 436, but came up 430 after video re-count). I got it on video, but for some reason I keep forgetting to publish it. Maybe I will someday for posterity, but now it's kind of moot. I'll get to that in a second.

Matt is leaving me :( He's taking off with his stupid girlfriend (just kidding Brie, you're awesome) for 4 months on a road trip around the islands in the neighbourhood here; the whole fucking summer. Fuck. Fucking fuck. I'm not a big fan of solo sessions. I'll survive, but I'm kinda down about it. We've been playing as much as possible the last couple of weeks. He leaves in 3 days. We met up today, but he put his back out pretty badly in the first 10 minutes :( He tried, but was bummed out and in pain, so he left. Which left me alone. I played for about 30 minutes by myself, mostly just bopping around and having fun in the sun. But then...

When I posted on Facebook about the 430 osis, I thought maybe it was a record. I was pretty sure that the 256 osis from Mariusz was the most that we had on video, but I didn't know that several non-verified records would come out of the woodwork: David Clavens with 444, and apparently Norek has done more than 1000?? I don't necessarily doubt the Norek claim, but until some can be clearer about it than "I heard Norek did more than 1000," then I'm reserving judgement on whether it's legit or not.

I want 1000. But for today, I'll settle for 518 (not re-counted):
Because I KNOW that you all are just chomping at the bit to see me do osis. Five Hundred. And Eighteen. Times. In a row. It's cutting edge stuff, I know :lol:

I'm also just saying 518 at the moment. I've not yet re-counted/verified it. Frankly, the thought of doing it seems awful at the moment, but I'll try to do it tonight.

A quick note regarding footbag.org: Steve is still plugging away at the transition framework and progress is being made. My own work kind of stalled out and while I've got a good amount done, I'm not comfortable showing it to anyone yet. And until Steve gets his ducks in a row, I won't likely have much more to report. It should be worth the wait...

EDIT: niiiiice top post

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 07 Apr 2016 01:26

I have a feeling the Norek record is actually closer to 2,000, though that's just a vague part of memory and I have absolutely no proof to back it up. Looking forward to seeing some changes on footbag.org. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Allan

Post by Allan » 19 Apr 2016 08:09

Olav Piwowar visited Victoria at the end of 2015. I ruined the first day footage, and learned a valuable lesson about shooting at high frame rates in lower light conditions (don't do it). Sorry about the noisy-grainy footage, the single camera angle, no B roll, and the half-assed edit, but you're welcome for three minutes of the highest density shred you're likely see for a while.

I really wanted to put more effort into this, as Olav very much deserves it, but if I don't publish as is, it might not ever happen due to shifting priorities, and besides, despite the highest quality shred, the poor quality of the picture itself tips the balance in favour of publishing the rough cut and moving on. Enjoy 8)
It's modified Day tomorrow!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 19 Apr 2016 19:09

I think it looked great, when you've got shred like that you don't need to do much more to make a "spectacle" of the video. How many 6s in that long run with a lot of 6 add tricks. I've only had one view, but I think there was locomotion, motion sickness (both bs), food, blurry torque, alpine blurry whirl and probably a couple more.

He just makes all that hard stuff look like he could do it with his eyes closed.

Allan

Post by Allan » 22 Apr 2016 17:21

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 22 Apr 2016 21:53

>get an email update for Allan's footblog
>see that its Allan posting
>pray to Jesus for new footage
>mfw Allan delivers :D
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 23 Apr 2016 17:49

Great Allan! Thanks!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 24 Apr 2016 05:06

Great vid. What's the "best" spinning trick you think you have hit? I liked the little part with two bags. Do you think you could hit something like double spinning osis with two bags?

Allan

Post by Allan » 24 Apr 2016 09:05

boyle wrote:Great vid. What's the "best" spinning trick you think you have hit? I liked the little part with two bags. Do you think you could hit something like double spinning osis with two bags?
Double inspinning osis, for sure, though only on one side as of yet.

I've been schooling my clipper-juggling a bit. I can get another contact, but I've not put a ton of time into it.

Could probably do DSO with 2. Will give it a go :)

Allan

Post by Allan » 12 May 2016 20:33

Testing attachments.
Public Enemy - Louder Than A Bomb.mp3
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 304 times

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 12 May 2016 20:41

Worked for me!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Allan

Post by Allan » 21 May 2016 11:02

I am waiting at the ferry terminal for Justin to go through customs! Can't wait to ge settled and have a good shred :grin:

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 22 May 2016 16:09

Hope you guys had a good time. Any chance there will be a video coming up?

Allan

Post by Allan » 23 May 2016 06:36

Crazy cool weekend with Justin! Yes, he took video of both sessions. Something happened to the second day footage and the camera cut out after 16 minutes, but we got a solid hour from the first session and we both hit some stuff. Justin's going to edit it and publish sometime soon :D

More soon...

Allan

Post by Allan » 21 Jun 2016 15:22

Nothing much to report recently.

It's been interesting to see at least some discussion on the state of the community emerge from Euros on Facebook, but Wiktor seems to think that discussing things on the footbag.org/forum is a good idea, which I think is a mistake. I think we should basically make both of the phpBB-based forums we have now (.org & modified) read-only and move to a modern discussion platform. But whatever. I'm curious to see where it goes.

I'm still basically twiddling my thumbs waiting for Steve. I'm impatient, but I've basically no choice. There is a ton of stuff that I want to do, but I also don't want to do a lot of it outside the .org world. So I'm stuck there. Once he's ready for me, I'll definitely be overwhelmed with how much there is to do, but until that happens, I'm pretty much in neutral :|

Played for a while on Sunday with Matt (who's back in town for a while! yay!) and I wish I had recorded it because I hit Montage on both sides. I think I maybe probably hit that move before, but it would have only been on one side, and it was, like, more than a decade ago. I'm not sure why -- I think because I've been playing with whirlwind a bit recently -- I decided to try it on a whim and got really close first try, hit on the 2nd attempt on my flip, which is definitely a new move for me. Matt didn't see it, so I tried it again and hit it again. Then I figured I'd try on on my other side, and hit that first try. I came close to BSOS, but then I got distracted by something else and never got around to that.

A couple of sessions ago I gave the Lon Smith Challenge (100 guiltless contacts) a try and I thought I did about 107 or 108, so I stopped and moved on. Upon video verification however, I discovered that I skipped up by 10 somewhere along the line and I only got 95. So, that was disappointing, but not too disappointing as 95 ain't nothin' to sneeze at in any case ;) I published a little clip from that session on instagram ...

Allan

Post by Allan » 28 Jun 2016 16:17

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 Jun 2016 06:34

Props on 95 guiltless, and almost montage bsos!

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 10 Jul 2016 18:26

Double spinning Osis>Pdx Torque was awesome. props on the sauce.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 10 Jul 2016 21:56

spinspirational!
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"