Derrick's blOgden

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Ogden 09/04
BSOS Beast

Derrick's blOgden

Post by Ogden 09/04 » 23 Oct 2010 08:44

......I'm really happy to be playing footbag again, after my 18 month hiatus recovering from a throbbing knee pain due to my plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis. I still have a slightly sore knee from being back, but nothing a little intensive care cant take care of.

Kickass 3 was what brought me back, just the atmosphere itself was enough. Meeting new people, old friends and familiar faces topped it off, i need to go to tournaments more often! Footbag is fun to play too :wink:

I've found my game really unbalanced and sloppy and weak for my first few sessions, as i expected. After about 5 sessions, my muscle memory caught up, aswell as my strenght. Now ( 10 sessions in ), my game has improved compared to when i stopped playing. I had NO pixie or fairy on my flip, and other problems with my flip, now , with a little more focus, i have conquered those roadblocks to a better game. I'm no longer using my reliable worn out g-units, I've turned to a crispy barely used pair that i struggled in the past with. They force me to work harder and concentrate on stalls, instead of just assuming that i would land it.

I was exited to know that KFM was still running strong, i didnt here much from them, or see them around downtown where we usually played. Little did i know that there was a Queen University student in the club, which means access to more places to play footbag.

I cant really remember too much from all the sessions ive had since ive been back. Im almost positive ive hit every trick/drill that i use to be able to hit, except for cheese processor, which was a one time thing anyways. My ducking tricks have improved quite a bit, i hit a string with ducking illusions, mirages, pick ups, leg overs bsos with toe stalls in between. Longer strings are what i'm striving for right now, so i need to drill more, which was the downside of when i used to pay. In 3 years i only had 2 drilling sessions, i remember them, they sucked. I focused alot on big tricks, which was half the reason i got injured. I learned to appreciate drilling after a solo session i had on my own last week. I drilled pixie for 45 minutes and found out why i sucked at them, and now im decent......with more drilling it can only improve!!

Last nights session with greg raymond was wonderful! Played hard for 2 hours, hit some big stuff...both of us. Flurry both sides, my flip is awful...gonna drill it, pixie eggbeater both sides, ducking pdx dlo both sides, surging pdx whirl, ps whirl> ps whirl, started a a string with whirr> ripwalk> spinning whirl> blurry whirl> i think blurry whirl, lol. My top highlight was a sick 3 i called prior to hitting, whirr> whirly gig > symp tomahawk, or whatever ducking symp pdx whirl is.

Really happy to be back on modified!!!!

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 23 Oct 2010 09:26

Was awsome to meet you a kickass!

I'm gald you start to play more often! Can'T wait to play with you, Dante and Greg again!

Mat

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Oct 2010 09:33

Nice.
I remember a video of you in McDonalds. That's cool that you picked everything up so fast. I've never hit flurry, and I'm, like, 30 sessions back from time off and still super rusty and can't string :p

Also, I was watching this this morning where you hit janiwalker > superfly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7whTB4fKLwA

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 23 Oct 2010 11:32

Awesome that you're back on modified Derrick! And back to the sport too! Shred soon :D

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 25 Oct 2010 07:28

just so it's not understated,

Whirr > Whirligig > Mullet was SICK SICK SICK. you nailed that so clean, mega props.

good to have you back, Dirty D.
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey