Jazzkid's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Jazzkid's Blog

Post by Jazzkid » 07 Dec 2010 17:43

Hello,

Name --Mark Monistere
Age--30
Footbag- Abshire
Shoes- Lavers, Gunits, and Q's.

I have thought of starting this for quite some time, so now that im healing from a hair line fracture in my rib and am playing on rebuilding my game, I figured this was a good place to begin.

About a month and a half ago I had just gotten back in lavers and was finally hitting some of my combos in lavers that were easier and sloppier in gunits. I am ready to take my game to the next level. Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks I will start from tiltless and work my way up. I will use this blog to keep track of every footbag idea that I have and a document of my progress.

Current footbag goals
1. to achieve a consistent, most efficient way of executing ALL if the tricks that I do.
2. to have constant balance and use the cushion of the ball of my foot touching the ground to assist me in every stall.
3. To become a BADMOTHERFUCKER!
Last edited by Jazzkid on 04 Jul 2012 15:46, edited 20 times in total.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 07 Dec 2010 17:52

5 add Arsenal
toe>clip
----phoenix (ss and ducking variations)----dimmiest----dimmier----fairy opp barfly----frankenstein----pixe twirl----and ss----pixe torque----ss----atomic whirl----fusion----sailing butterfly----and ss----frantic butterfly----pixie ducking whirl and ss----alpine legbeater- quantum paradon-ss version- pixie paradon-ss-pixe motion-ss fusion-pixie blender-pixe ducking osis-atomic ducking osis-diving and zulu versions-alpine tripwalk-toe ducking paradon- pixie dyno- fairy dyno-atomic dyno-ss- quantum dyno-ss

clip>clip

mobius--- motion---blurriest----blurrier----p blender----ripped warrrior----spinning ducking butterfly----gyro ducking butterfly----weaving and zulu varations----BW----ps whirl----tomahawk----spinning whirl----gyro ducking ss whirl----stepping ss symp whirl----alpine sidewalk---swirling butterfly----ss----swirling gyro whirl---stepping dyno---gyro dyno---symp twirl---swirling twirl---double twirl---spinning dyno---B dyno---ripwalk swirl---torquesrew---janiwalker---bullwhip-spinning ducking osis--spinning zulu osis---gyro ducking osis---gyro diving osis---stepping ducking osis--swirling dyno--swirling blender---swirling symp whirl- reverse version (swirls and whirls)-stepping torque-sunil walker- matador- ss matador- nuclear whirl--swirling vortex

Clip>toe
Alpine Blur-Alpine blizzard-pogo blur- backside blur-spinning ducking p mirage- spinning ducking p illusion- swirling spinning p mirage-fog-bedwetter- flurry not well- sumo- spinning ps mirage-

toe >toe
pixie ducking symp mirage- pixe ducking dlo- alpine adamsmasher

All hit both sides except frankenstein and flurry
Last edited by Jazzkid on 15 Dec 2010 09:15, edited 8 times in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Dec 2010 11:23

Jazzkid wrote: clip>clip

mobius----motion---blurriest----blurrier
I'm assuming this is a list of tricks you've done since you've gotten back into playing after your injury. Here are some others I've seen you do, that I bet you could get again easily: spinning whirl, Blurry whirl, swirling spinning down/osis, and spinning ducking down/osis.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 08 Dec 2010 19:25

C-Fan wrote:
Jazzkid wrote: clip>clip

mobius----motion---blurriest----blurrier
I'm assuming this is a list of tricks you've done since you've gotten back into playing after your injury. Here are some others I've seen you do, that I bet you could get again easily: spinning whirl, Blurry whirl, swirling spinning down/osis, and spinning ducking down/osis.
Actually the only playing I have done since I got injured has been just clippers, atw, rev swirl, clip>sole and about 100 contact of inside stalls, front stalls and clippers, (first time today in about a month. Thank you for posting here and I appreciate the advice. The list is just the beginning of all the five I can hit ...I just have really put much up yet.

Today I hit
Alternating front stalls 100
Alternating inside stalls 100
ss set inside stalls while considering the push off of the support leg and the cradle of the stall.
ss clippers with symmetrical hand and elbow position
reverse swirl>sole>clipper repeat both sides about 5 cycles
atw>legover repeat

Today I focused on pushing off the ground with my support leg right before the stall, getting up on the ball of the foot and then coming down with the stall. I watch vasek routine footage to be aware of how he holds his hands..while doing simple tricks like clipper and toe. I have notice that he holds his left pal, mostly down. His right palm, while doing a right clipper stall has a tendency to turn in . As far as I understand this is not ideal, but he compensates by raising up his right elbow. There are positives and negatives of this depending on the trick .

He also puts the ball of his foot down right before the stall, where as the footage I have seen of Landes< Bevier< Penske....they all put more of the foot down before the stall.

I want to learn to play from the beginning again. This time with correct form. I am on the journey to find a consistent standard way to do all of my tricks. I figure once I fully heal, it will take me about 40 day to get something good started.

8)
ps....I also hit spinning ducking osis two days ago with a stuffed bunny.....today was a trial on the ribs...i may need to wait just one more week to shred at all....depends on how I feel tomorrow.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 09 Dec 2010 05:31

sore today (not in a good way) :x ...I will have to wait another week

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 09 Dec 2010 20:47

I had a footbag in my pocket today (as always) but no shred, just healing.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 10 Dec 2010 00:41

Post healing challenge: swirling spinning refraction>swirl
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 14 Dec 2010 06:15

^ thanks for checking out the start of my blog. I looked at yours and damn....some real nice stuff in there.

I didnt mention this in my first post, but I also wanted this to be my challenge blog....so Im glad you posted the challenge. I am currently still healing....getting better though.

As far as your challenge...I will definitely try it. I dont do alot of refractions....and I know that getting a swirl out of one is a different thing. I think I can get it though. If and when I hit it...I will send it to you or post it here. Any other challenges are welcome.

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 14 Dec 2010 12:49

Ive always liked your videos but never commented. Here are some challenges for when youre healthy.
swirling scorpions tail
swirling marius
swirling stepping ss torque

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 15 Dec 2010 08:25

^ ..

thanks for posting....Go to 1.31 in this video to see swirling scorp,
I have footed swirling marius...will get it when I heal up....
As far as swirling stepping....this concept has always eluded me. Any tips would be appreciate or a reference video to who has even hit this..

keep em coming!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHR3kxdittM[/youtube]

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 15 Dec 2010 08:46

Very nice! Loved the vid -- last string especially.
Mark Bull

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Dec 2010 09:48

Testing out the ribs again

Toe >opp toe with extra push off of set leg after the set
toe > opp toe with only one cushion inbetween stalls
toe > ss clip with the set leg touching the ground first on both tricks
clip > ss clip with no plant
clip> ss clip with plant

reverse swirling toe> atw>legover>ss clip repeat
spinning clipp>reverse swirl>ss butterfly>ducking clipper repeat
same drill as above with no plants and pogo when possible

hit reverse swirling toe>atw>legover>ss clip>spinning clipper>reverse swirl>ss butt> repeat

maybe later this can turn into rev up>datw>pixe legover>ss butt>spinning ducking butt>swirling twirl

Focusing on pushing off the ground before every stall

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 17 Dec 2010 04:47

Calves sore...body sore....might try again today.

Ok.... today I played for about 45 min.....

toe set same illusion repeat
clip>ss legover>opp legover>repeat
toe whirl>p illusion repeat ----felt good and keot me balanced

spin clip>reverse swirl>ss but>p iluusion>toe whirl repeat ---a little akward spinning after whirl off of right clipper

oh yeah....sweating like crazy

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 17 Dec 2010 15:46

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUELwdE6U8[/youtube]

swirling ripwalk - first move in the video. Crank hard and try and do the whole swirl dex REALLY low, as opposed to making a big swirl dex to get a really high set. you only need the swirl to go up a little bit to do swirling stepping.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 18 Dec 2010 06:57

^...yo Matt.......thanks!

I am going to wait some more sessions before I try anything new, but this will be on the list. In some ways, it is easier for me to make a big swirl instead of a small one. I wasnt too far off in how it is done though. The reverse version feels like it is easier for me. I got close to reverse swirling drifter a while back. swirling ripwalks back to back would be so sick.

I have been going through all the possibly combinations of footwork on basic connections.
Left toe> Left toe
Left toe>Right toe
Left toe>Left clipper....have been avoiding so far because this is most common for me
Left toe>right clipper

each connection implies a different trick...

for each one there are options to switch which the foot that touches the ground first or an extra jump can be added, or no plant when possible

toe > opp toe with one tap of the set leg right before the catch can imply legover, where as if you add a smyp type hop ....ie... set >set leg then pushes off the ground jumping up then landing the magic hop. This extra hop can imply toe set ss symp illusion.

I figure I am going to work on these connections unitl they feel easy and consistent. Then I will add components to these connections.

In trying spinning ducking clippers without plant shows me that this needed to be easy to then add a symp whirl for multiple montages.
Also tried ducking clippers with making the set clipper become the support leg super fast....this will help for mullet.

ITS ON MOTHERFUCKERS!! FOCUSED DELIBERATE SHRED!
Last edited by Jazzkid on 19 Feb 2011 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 21 Dec 2010 20:35

Mon dec 20th

In socks
worked on atw, double ATW , simple legovers,
over 30 contacts of clip>ss toe>opp toe>ss clip repeat
In Lavers
Double around the worlds. Took me about 20 min to get the hang of it.
Hit it both sides, both directions about 5-7 times each side each way.

HIT

Double ATW both directions both sides
Down Double Down>reverse swirl bs

Today. Tues 21th

Play about 50 min outside my house right before I had to go to my kids school for a Christmas thing. Feeling like I might be getting sick, but played anyway.

I HIT
double pickups bs
DDD>Barfly bs
DDD>barrage bs
barrage>DDD bs
toe ss symp barfly bs
DATWs bs
paradon>barrage
double switch

and
Spin clip>rev swirl>ss butt>ducking clip repeat X2
Spin clip>rev swirl>ss Butt>p illusion>toe whirl repeat X2
spin clip>ripstein
swirling toes

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 21 Dec 2010 21:36

dude. love your swirling sets

rock on

edit: jazz on
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 23 Dec 2010 08:53

^thanks man. I will go after some bigger swirling tricks when I get to 4s.

wed- I went to the park with my kids. Didnt get a session, but played when I could.
Hit double pickups, paradons, clipper to sole, reverse swirls

Today thurs -sick and going to the doctor. But I am playing anyway, this should help drain the nasal cavity. I figured out that when I set the barfly or opp butterfly or alternating clippers, I need to set over the knee over my support leg keeping the bag under me instead of farther in front of me
paradon>barfly bs
paradon>barrage bs 10 contacts off of left toe, other side needs work
barrage>paradon>barfly
Barfly>ss barfly bs (double double down I think)
3 no plant spinning clip bs
toe set ss symp barfly

also hit 2 good strings

1. spin clip>reverse swirl> ss but>p illusion>toe whirl>ss barfly>spin clip
2. Food Processor> some 2s and 3s> scorpions tail>guiltless>barfly>ss barfly>couple of 3s>double pickup>hand seal Felt real good to hit a comfortable food processor. Also 2s and 3s are feeling good and controlled and when they dont it is easily seen

Gonna continue with working on single leg double dexes.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 23 Dec 2010 19:20

So Im sitting here writing while my wife Michelle wraps my christmas presents. ....Here are my footbag thoughts

I am finding out that my control is getting way better and more comfortable with some basic connections. Im trying to do this in a way that in about 6 weeks I would have went through most of my arsenal, but im finding that my weaknesses need more time by themselves. I need to go through theses tricks for the reason that is a trick family that I dont regularly shred or a trick that I feel will help many other tricks out,

Every single leg double dex I can think of. The barfly with left leg dexing needs to feel more comfortable. today I was trying to push off of the support leg more, it worked well. I want 20 single leg double dexes. ie
barfly, barrage, ddd, double pickup, double switch, paradon, whirr, ripstein

Here is the next step goal after I get familiar with some of the above.
10 BW
10 Blurriest
5 Scorpions tails
5 janiwakers
.....ok im done for the night. 1020pm presents done 8)

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 24 Dec 2010 09:28

Todays session----sweating and on antibiotics. Getting lighter again though...will start pushups and abs on monday and after a week will start light lifting again.

warm up ....kicks, then 50 alternating toe stall with magic hop>50 alt inside catch>50 zs clippers>ducking clipper>50 ss clipper

hit (everything except the last drill was both sides)
spinning clip X3>gyro clipper repeat
tried symp illusion and some clip set ss symp mirages

started on flip (off of right toe)
paradon>reverse swirl>whirl>reverse swirl
paradon>barfly>ddd
double pickup>paradon
paradon>barfly>ddd>barrage>drop on paradon...gonna work towards this drill. (4 unique single leg double dexes) ---one side

First try run... ducking scorpions tail>about 8-10 3's >drop on montage :/