Jazzkid's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Jazzkid's Blog

Post by Jazzkid » 24 May 2013 19:08

did light kicks and titless today for about 15-20 min....ankle feels tight and sore....Ill know by tomorrow if what I did was good or bad.
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 10 Jun 2013 17:44

Well.....its been a while.... I have played twice since my injury....the first time was with HONZA and i still have to do a write up on that....
today was my second session back....
I played 30 min
at first I felt rusty but a couple of min in I felt better and started really focusing on a good clipper and mainly bringing my stepping leg straight up before opening it....it definitely helps...thanks honza..

today i hit
drifter> p drifter rpt.
vortex out of a zoom bsos
p drifter out of osis bsos
symp quantum legover>run with some fours>vortex>hand
Food bsos first try ....felt alot easier than before...basically by raising my stepping leg and moving faster I had more time to finish the trick.
also worked on hitting clean barflys and barrages.....set height and quick switches

i am only on day three of diet and working out a little.... my ankle doesnt feel 100% but I AM BACK AND HAPPY TO BE PLAYING FOOTBAG AGAIN....I also have an hd camera so Ill be filming again soon
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Jun 2013 08:35

30 min session

worked on spins. ...spinning p mirage....spinning ducking...
whirling swirl bsos
clean spinning ducking p mirage bsos
osis>p drifter bsos
dyno>p drifter bs
footed symp quantum ss dyno
symp quantum opp legver>dimwalk bsos
bailing to drifters for the first time ever...
this might sound retarded but I think I see the window for p driftering ss pogo rev up ( right clipper...right leg drifter super quick ....right leg reverse swirl on the way up in the air as the left foot pushes to hit pogo pickup .......
SHRED HARD!

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 11 Jun 2013 08:46

Tell us more about your session with Honza. Glad you are kicking again.
Justin Dale
Videos

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Jun 2013 10:56

Honza session writeup

ok...my family (wife and kids ) went out of town to the beach on a friday ...I had work so I stayed behind and had some gigs one friday , one sat , one sunday...then was supposed to meet them on sunday at the beach...
Friday I had a gig then after called my friend ryan to go get some beers and food. It was the first time I was drunk in a long time...after I came home about 11oclock I looked at my phone and saw there was a message from honza saying that he was doing a soccer and footbag performance in Jackson Mississippi , which is about 3 hours away from my house...and If I wanted to meet up he had saturday after 2pm free. .... I was so excited to see this ......I honestly at first didnt know if I could do it since my gig lasted till 230 on saturday , then I would have to drive hours, have the first session I have played in over a month since injury and then be tired, drive back only to get a couple hours sleep before playing a 4 hour gig on sunday then driving to meet my family.......but after some thought ....I realized that since it was possible I would do it.....HELL YEAH>>>TIME TO CHECK THE ANKLE WITH HONZA!!!
so I ended my gig a little bit early and drove to jackson...it actually took me about four hours because i went to the wrong city then added about 40 miles to my drive....which is a rare directions mistake....anyway....
when I arrived at the hyatt in jackson I beat honza there and he was dropped out a few minutes after I got there. So we went up to his room and hung out for about a half an hour before we went to shred.... I was really hoping to see the show and be at the soccer event but by the time I got there 630ish it was over... Anyway,
we talked about life and introductions.... He was very well spoken and obviously an intelligent person. really chill and easy going... he was surprised at my age , and that I had kids....he thought I was younger.... Also was surprised that this was the first time that I would try to play since injury.... He talked about doing shows and being use to performing regardless of minor injuries....I was also curious about his friends and if he got to play regurarly with anyone....he said he was cool with milan but it wasnt often that they got to shred together..... we also agreed that Nick Landes was not only a great player but a great guy. So we went downstairs,,,,I asked him if he wanted to shred in the gym and he said he absolutely hated shreding in gym and since the weather allowed it we should go outside....so we did. It was funny how he did however reconize that the humidity in the southern usa is not easy to breath in and that it is like shredding in a sauna basically.
we kicked for literally about 10 seconds.....and he said that he was warm and didnt really warm up he was just ready....me however hadnt touch a footbag in a month so I didnt know what to even try.....my clipper of the weak ankle would not crank at all and it was an issue for me during the session...also even though I had been shredding in lavers....I probably should have worn my qs which might have been easier.
It was such a pleasure to watch him hit. On video Honza looks really tall.....even though he is taller than me and about 6 foot he didnt seem as tall in real life...skinny frame. the first thing that I noticed was simply that his windows on his tricks were huge... he felt like he wasnt playing well , but I was honestly happy to see anything, play with another player , and especially with him. He was hitting alpine fog like it was nothing....if I rememeber corecctly within five min of the session starting he was trying Gig>whirlwind>whirlwind rake and was hitting two out of the three and footing the third every time... He hit alpine fusion with a lots of tripless. there was a run with Packs of fives and stepping out of food...he hit food >twirl>rpt >dropp on barroque screw upon request first try. a couple of double spins..... double blenders....whirrs... there were some alpine rubberman contacts mid run....but we were dealing with the wind and were both feeling like we werent having the best session.....I think the coolest thing I hit all session was swirling spinning legover >double switch , and some symp quatum stuff.... there was one run that honza hit that stood out to me with hime stepping out of food alot and hitting blurry torque screw in it....absolutely insane. When I realize that my game was absolute shit and that I really just wanted to learn ....I started asking questions....the first trick I asked bout was blurriest ......after I did it ONCE he said ....I know what your doing....then took the bag and hit it the same way I did with an unneeded pause in the middle....it was to dissected......he said that it needed to flow more, I needed to set higher, and that I need to get into the air....basically I need to set higher, go quicker, and fly with it.....
he proceeded to give me tips on
ducking osis-I was doing a gyro clipper instead of adding the scoop and slowing it down
barfly - set needed to go right across me pretty close to me and I needed to fly with it more
clipper- I think the combination of my injury with me cathcing the bag on my ankle had me not as flat and my toe was pointed at the ground....
stepping (alpine)_ this is something that helped me alot.....I was told to bring my stepping leg straight up before opening my hip....I was shutting off the window....this was easy to impliment and is basically why I bsos food yesterday
blurry whirl--- The set needed to be higher....and over my whirling leg
blurriest- the set need to more straight across and higher...so that I could fly with it more and turn into the bag more which I wasnt doin at all....he said to watch big add chad
spins - I was letting the back go in a frigid position instead of a clean spin
ducks- too heady.....need to be behind the neck
whirr- this was a trick that really showed me how late I was attacking the bag.....he said to watch felix;s whirrs...the first dex is immediate...where as I was waiting and also jamming myself..
barrage-set height and immediate attacked were fix.....I hit janiwalker 3 out of 3 but couldnt hit a clean barrage until then.

he was glad to teach and it was really cool to have a two man session with no pressure , no comp, no outrageous request, no ego.....It was truly an easy , fun, killing, productive session ...and yes I do have some of it on film...

After , we cleaned up and walked to find a sushi place....no luck so we went back and i drove to sushi....which was awesome by the way....Honza was happy to have fresh fish...and we just chilled and talked about music, footbag, performing, the state of the game, friends, food, life....a little of everything..
Then since I had an early gig the next day....I brought him back to his hotel....gave him a cd. took the pic that I posted and drove back to New Orleans which only took me about 2 hours and 40 min....

IT was a truly inspirational , educational , and fun session. I wish I could have hung out longer.....but thats basically the story of me and the WORLD CHAMP

:footbag: :footbag: :footbag:
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 04 Nov 2013 14:16

SHRED HARD!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Nov 2013 17:15

That's the shit dude. Keep up the good stuff. Keep posting man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 15 Jan 2014 07:54

Hello blog .... Been a while

Updates .... I have been playing about 3 times a week .....
Drilling and reading anz blog
Hosting a jam in New Orleans in April

This is the basically formula I'll shred with for a while

3 links 6-10 hits per side
4 tricks 8-10 hits per side
2 drills 3-5 hits
1-2 tricks I can't hit 10 good attempts
+ one more of each if I feel up to it

Current links and routine

Links
Blizzard> park walk I don't really use blizzard so I want it to become as easy as blur 2 double dexes
Dyno> p whirl. I'm good at dynos but need to clean up p whirls 2 single dexes
Dlo > smear. Toe game tightening
4th link gyro Dlo > atomic ss butterfly Figure this will tighten up gyro Dlo

Tricks
Ripstein / swirling twirl Need to even out both sides and keep posture over the bag
P blender Love this trick .... Have a tendency to jam myself with left leg dexing
Drifter Not easy for me .... Need to get some ownership on this
Barfly Need to clean up and spend more time with it
5th trick Swirling spinning p mirage ....... The better I get at this the better shot I'll have at swirling void

Drills .....
Rubberman .... I got this ok just need stay centered .... Start with Adam smasher cause that's the hardest one
Rubberman with quantums instead of atomics and blizzard instead of blur
3rd drill park walk > stepping ss mirage > atomic legover rpt Mainly stepping ss needs lots of work

Dream tricks to give 10 attempt at Pick one or two a session the goal
Swirling void haven't hit
Swirling vortex .... I've hit it but need to learn the motions more so I can put another trick after it
Paradon swirl I've hit it but suck at it

Ok .... So this formula is what I'm sticking to till jam time ..... I will change out the tricks but keep the formul
The goal is to move dream tricks into regular rotation and move tricks into links
Already starting to see set two.....
Sessions b will probably be
Links
Twirl or swirling twirl > blizzard
P whirl > spinning clipper
P blender > stepping something
Atomic legover > pixie Dlo
Blur > adamsmahser

Tricks
P drifter
Ss symp mirage
Food processor
Blurriest
Phasing twirl

Drills
Rubberman until I get 24 contacts

Hope to see as many people as possible at the jam
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Jan 2014 08:22

Thanks for hosting a jam, and also for removing so many barriers to attendance. I'm really excited to experience New Orleans for my first time. Sounds like you and Polini are training hard for it already...I need to get my ass in gear so you guys don't embarrass me too much. :oops:

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jan 2014 09:30

Glad you're also doing the drills dude. You're going to love the effect after you out in your time. I'm stoked to see it pay off for you, too. Good luck man.

Also, happy to see you're posting in your blog again :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 15 Jan 2014 11:19

Ken .... Your welcome ...: you and other players have been so nice , sent me money , and let me stay at houses .... So the least I can do is be a good host :). Also ... I don't doubt at all I'll be getting my ass kicked again by you in circle I just want to be able to bring an enjoyable deliberate game to show so I don't suck ....
Nick ...glad your reading and thanks for posting ..... I like the drills already and it seems to be helping already

Today I was super beat but still hit
Blizzard > park walk 7 times and bsos
Dyno> p whirl 7 times and bsos feels easy ... Just need to focus on not jamming myself with the p whirl
Dlo > smear ... 7 times bs .... This was challenging

Tricks
Flip p blender 9 out of ten times holy shit I wasn't expecting that......felt great
Strong side hit 10 but took longer ... Go figure
Right foot ripsteim 9 out of ten .... Damn that was cool
Flip hit 10 but took longer

Drifter ten times on each side .... Challenging
P drifter 10 times bs .... Right foot is very hArd for me ....

Hit p drifter > p blender first try ..... New link

Hit both blizzard > park walk bs and dyno > p whirl bs bsos
Too tiered and hungry to even try Rubberman today

Anyway ..... Pretty stoked about the p blenders ..... I really like the trick and want to be able to use it in shuffle
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 22 Jan 2014 12:01

just to log where some of my stuff is at......blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmJkDmk ... e=youtu.be
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 24 Jan 2014 13:04

SHRED HARD!

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 25 Jan 2014 07:50

Sweetness! Sickness!
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 26 Jan 2014 01:51

I enjoyed your write about the session you had with Honza last year!

Keep pushing swirling spinning, it's so dope! You're like the only one doing it

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 21 Mar 2014 07:32

Super excited about hosting New Orleans jam ... Looks like an ass load of players in my house ....sweet ...!

Been drilling and playing regularly ...long time since a blog post

Today I played like shit and felt like shit .. I was laying down after a run and thought ok it's time to give up today ....
Then I stood up and just for fun attempted gansta party and hit it second try ... Then tried again and hit it again .... Then dropped the bag and footed flip gansta party ....looks like the p blenders are helping after all ...
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Mar 2014 09:07

Props on the Gangstas; I love that trick. Flip pdx blenders are so hard, at least for me. The idea of hitting flip gangsta seems unattainable.

See you in 3 weeks!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Mar 2014 19:30

Since Mark didn't post it and I was blown away by it, I'm taking the liberty to post for him...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxen47ePsI[/youtube]

Mark's Highlights:

:arrow: Swirling Spender!!!

Are you fucking kidding me….
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 24 Mar 2014 12:50

I like that he plays in sunglasses to show just how cool he is...not that swirling spender is enough...

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 25 Mar 2014 09:01

Ha

thanks Nick for reminding me to keep this blog alive and posting the video for me...... Boyle. HAHAH thanks! I actually thought about that after i was looking at the footage and looked to see if I was wearing the sunglasses while I hit swirling spender and I wasnt.... oh well.....

anyway

I am super excited for this jam.... the new spot 12 x 12 plywood shred shred space thats in my backyard needs more work. I just cauked the crakes between the wood, tried to even out the two or three bubbles from the rain by putting screws down into it to pull it level.... Now Im waiting for the caulk to dry and then Ill paint it. I checked on out door carpet and its gonna cost about 150 to do it, or I could spend 80 -100 and square mats and just cover them when it rains or pick them up and cover the wood. Im hoping to get at least a year out of this floor, hopefully more....the back is on cement blocks and the front is on the ground.

Anyway

ive been shredding.....trying to have at least something to show when players come in.....
mainly ive been drilling....
here is a couple of highlights that have stood out as important to me
- swirling rev up >frankstein> mainly because ive had trouble putting a phasing set out of a rev up
- swirling spender... im getting better at spender and p blenders.....this and gangsta party will lead to swirling gangsta then ill piss myself.
- symp quantum opp leg over in and out of 4s ----- love this trick and its easy to do but can be difficult to do something after .
- fog bsos ive learn to love dlos and fog puts me back on my toe which will be helpful in my quest for 10 fearless.
- rev swirling ss symp dlo and phasing rev up bs......I love these but there very hard for me to link....ive gotton a quantum set after the rev up and a pixie after the other one...

anway ....
the jam is coming up and its gonna be a blast.....
SHRED HARD!