david owen beyers

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boats
BSOS Beast

Re: david owen beyers

Post by boats » 22 Sep 2015 17:59

been slackin on keeping this blog updated, but have been having amazing footbag experiences!

:arrow: played footbag with Brandon Turner in Florida. We had to take a break from baggin cuz of the rain so we went inside and watched the end of john carpenters The Thing and then had another session.

:arrow: Played footbag at coney island. Did a bunch of body surfing in the nasty water. I found a sun chip bag and candy rappers in the water

:arrow: before east coasts started, I had a solo session with gatesman. So amazing to play with him in a smallish space in Bruce Dole's apartment. It was like the internet was in the room. But seriously, Gatesman is a machine. I was happy with how i played. Even got a chest bump

:arrow: East coasts was pretty legendary. So many good people and vibes. I played all three days.

:arrow: took a break monday and had a session with Pavel, kristof, and Mikie in brooklyn on tuesday.

:arrow: played at a lake house last weekend the day after my band Donkey jammed all day. Amazing experience with the lake. I swam 2 out of the 3 days that i was there.

:arrow: played at new paltz campus and formed a four man hack circle

:arrow: Just had a session with Chris today. It was baller, and i feel like all the kicking i have been doing is paying off.
-allusioning pick up!!! (dream trick of mine)
-double down swirl
-vortex was easy (doubt that will last)
-blurriest mid string
-pixie same double down
-gyro mirage >ducking mirage >double around the world > torque
-pixie dolamite
-ended a string with scorpions tail
-tricks are feeling tighter!!!!
-good amount of variety and flow
-footbag rules

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 26 Sep 2015 07:03

Had a wacky session with chris yesterday at the local high school track. I was hitting some weird stuff.

:arrow: toe spinning cross body rake
:arrow: pendulous same reverse whirling cross body rake
:arrow: stepping far outside stall > guay > double down
:arrow: reverse whirling gyro toe > waxspin> cross body rake
:arrow: started a run with paradon > whirl > wiz > reverse whirl > string > chris telling me to hit the combo bsos while stringing > me repeating the 4 trick combo on the opp side!
:arrow: cant remember if i hit this or not but (chris's suggestion) pendulous same blink

footbag is cool! 8)

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 26 Sep 2015 07:10

Boats is so hot right now

The thing rules
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 27 Sep 2015 22:35

You bringing sexy back!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 30 Sep 2015 16:16

Had a solo session with Rory Dawson on sunday at a Holiday Inn in Queens. Rory is a solid player! Really great flow and style with muted tendencies, tight shuffle, and consistency. He was in Queens presenting a robotic hand at some kind of technology fair. I played half-way decent. My friend Mike came along for the ride too which was cool. I hope I fulfilled Rory's footbag need in NY. I wish all of NYFA could've had a session with him. Rorry is definately a cool guy.

I played casually at the beach yesterday with Mike and this surfer girl Jen. I was having some fun, flowy, creative runs with some of my more basic variety stuff. It felt very surreal there because of it being somewhat grey, humid, misty, with all light grey clouds. Also the beach was empty except for the surfers in the water. Ended up going swimming/ body surfing. The water and air temperature were both warm. I figured this would be the last time that i got to swim in the ocean for the year.

Played today in-between rain. Shot a video of some links, and then practiced basics like clipper > raise your foot a little > clipper. I figure this will be good for swirl and clipper all together. Here is the vid... I got a full comic coming out early october in this Boston based, D.I.Y. newspaper called The Boston Compass. The comic is about Basket Case... A deformed torso monster who used to be a conjoined twin but now has a psychic link with his more typical brother. I'm going to try and go to Boston to get a bunch of the papers to distribute. They make like 15,000 copies, so hopefully they can spare like 500 or something. Hogan, Bowler, and Little better anticipate a footbag session pretty soon.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 13 Oct 2015 15:46

NYFA kicked on saturday. I also had a solo session with bijan yesterday, with drew last saturday, and with chris on thursday( I think).

NYFA sesh was off the hook! I finally hit Whirlwind!!! Great weather, good vibes, creativity
I also hit spinning zulu clipper and gyro weaving legover no plant for the first time.

I cool combo i remember from playing with drew was gyro pick up > massacre

Durring my session with bijan... I had a run where i was doing a bunch of ducking tricks in a row (maybe 5 tricks) and ended the ducking string with a spanish fly (First time doing this. Been trying for some time)

Solo session with chris was funny. We just ate tacos and it was starting to get dark. I dont ware my glasses while i play, and with twilight, i could hardly see anything. I was really dizzy for more than half the session. I still played though, and tried to concentrate solely on my muscle memory.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 14 Oct 2015 11:09

props on wind! i know you've wanted that ish for years.

c u soon bromingo
Kevin Hogan

BSC

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 29 Oct 2015 15:17

Just had a solo session until it got dark! Drilling and keeping it simple for the most part. A cool combo i hit was...

Spinning pendulous swirling osis

I also hit pixie swirl. Not my first time but i thought of it like getting my foot to inside position as quickly as possible after the pixie and it clicked.

I had a blast in Massachusetts last weekend. Playing with the BSC was awesome as always. Little, Hogan, and Bowler all played. It was hard for me to get warm for most of the session. When Ben and Pete stopped playing, I started to sweat/ be able to play footbag better. I hit alpine scorpions tail!

https://instagram.com/p/9PR2pBDZd_/?tak ... sk_skratch

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 06 Nov 2015 14:02

almost forgot that i hit hatchet last weekend! woop woop!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 17 Nov 2015 18:31

Last weekend was baller!

It was friday the 13th and i watched Jason Takes Manhattan (Friday the 13th part 8). It was so bad but had some key highlights including a subway ride, toxic waste, jason's face, and deformed swamp child ghosts.

Saturday I kicked it with NYFA at Washington Square Park with Mikie, Bruce, and Outsider. This was probably my best session of the whole year! The first half of the session had longer strings, with both density and variety. A lot of flow zone with creative 5+ contacts.

Mid string paradon>down double over down
String with three 5 adds: scorp tail, spinning ducking butter, and motion. I dropped on pswhirl
drifter > spinning paradox mirage> torque
fairy far clipper > matador
trying to incorporated quantum set (hit mid string in 3 runs)
2nd time i hit pixie badger!!!
Hit some fives and a vortex that i like to try ever session including: blurriest, vortex, mobius, spanish fly, pswhirl, and swivel

Hopefully this level of play can keep but i wont be upset if it doesnt.

also... I just bought tix for New Years Jam! Woop Woop!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 25 Nov 2015 15:53

Got sick last thursday... almost puked but didn't. Was still able to play with NYFA on Saturday but def not at 100%. It was still fun though. My most notable memory from the session was hitting a spinning reverse whirl mid string while playing solo with Outsider before everyone else showed up. I haven't hit spinning reverse whirl for years, and then it just happened midstring. Freestyle is cool.

Just practiced some swirls. I know it is not much, but I would love to be able to consistently hit clipper > swirl. I have been able to cheat my way around this concept with simple swirl, fairy swirl, toe delay > walk over > toe swirl, and toe set muted swirl. Tonight I found another way to cheat. Inside stall > walk over > swirl. It is the closest looking to clipper set > swirl, and probably what I need to trick my clipper into thinking when approaching clipper > swirl. I think the walk over gives me a little extra crank and perfect positioning to easily get a swirl set.

I fooled around with Lord of the Rings > Swirl. Lord of the Rings is a trick that my highschool hack buddies made up before I even knew what footbag was, and when the Lord of the Rings movies were coming out. It is guay > walk over. Here is a movie with three clips
The first combo is Lord of the Rings > Swirl

The second trick is like a reverse what. Symposium swirling set in the middle of an around the world (out to in) or phasing near toe delay.

Last combo is reverse wrap to walk over to swirl

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 27 Nov 2015 14:02

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Nov 2015 08:28

Great highlights, man. I've been away from .in for a while and I needed to catch up. Huge props on Whilrwind above. That's such a fun trick. Looks like you've improved a lot since we last kicked. Black Friday links were really fun to watch. Cya at NYJ.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 02 Dec 2015 14:05

Thanks Nick! Super pumped for New Years Jam as well. Last week I played 4 days with three being in a row. My knee kind of got messed up on friday after playing, but i just played through it and hoped for the best. It actually got better the third and forth day of playing, but not 100%. I'm still hoping for another bomb session like i had 3 weeks ago, but I still had fun playing.

On Saturday, NYFA kicked even though it was light-raining all day. it was 63 degrees out, which was nice. The birds in the park were singing the whole time, which ruled. My clothes and shoes got pretty disgusting from the rotten leaves, footbags, and wet grime of the nyc park. The wet bag made it really hard to play footbag consistently, so i tried to keep it basic.

Two cool things i remember hitting from Saturday's session were:
:arrow: ducking leg-over > torque
:arrow: spinning paradox mirage > torque > paradox whirl

I played with Chris on Sunday. He hadn't played for like three weeks and the session was basically a training session for both of us.

Drew made a video with his new phone after the previous one broke by ways that I will not mention. It features the friendly squirrels of Washington Square Park, NYC. Also fake pigeons mixed with real pigeons, and a swarm of pigeons (Birdemic!). Oh yeah... and some clips from NYFA a few sessions back.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 02 Dec 2015 14:16

I was honestly expecting a full video of just squirrels, which I was cool with, but footbag was neat too! Looks like a fun session. And I love spinning mirage>torque>pdx whirl. That sounds hard.
PS - The fake pigeons totally threw me.

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 11 Dec 2015 13:52

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 16 Dec 2015 19:27

Here are Links of the day 1-16.

A cool trick i hit the other day with Chris is double illusion. Havent hit that trick in some time!

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 20 Dec 2015 16:29

SCCC INDOOR TRACK - COMING THIS WINTER - GET HYPE!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 20 Dec 2015 16:51

Woop Woop! So Chris and I found an indoor spot for the winter!!!! Suffolk County College Indoor Track!!!! We had a 2.5 hour session there today.

I hit one of my biggest tricks to date:
:arrow: Spinning ducking symposium reverse whirl (reverse montage)!!!! Boom

We shot some footage of shred and links of the day. Here is the shred vid, and I will post the links of the day in that thread later tonight. I did not get the above mentioned trick on vid cuz after hitting it, i did not want to destroy my shins trying it again.

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 23 Dec 2015 22:51

The first song from 1:07 on. So funny and brutal. Komodo is funny too.
http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/rank- ... atest-hits
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley