TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by C-Fan » 07 Aug 2015 10:54

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 07 Aug 2015 15:07

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 28 Aug 2015 15:30

Kuba- Dudes desire to play non-stop had me driven towards him, did not realize he was so young. Shred wise, he was probably the one I was most stoked to have met. Would have traded my left nut to play with him properly. May have even bailed on a party or two to shred with him, for no one should play solo at a World's of this caliber. The only down side was that he wasn't a fan of my music, "no black rap" was said to me on a few occasions when a DJ was being looked for. Thrash metal is his taste. He will soon become one of the greats, especially if he starts to move towards developing a style. Tried to talk to him as much as I could, but don't think he is the most social of butterflies. SUPER smart guy, and crushes the Rubik's cubes. Glad to see him come out on the final party night. He may also have a wee bit of a self serve problem, but playing everyday for two years mainly solo, can do that to ya.

-A lot of self serves in general at this event. Other than some of the older legends, seems most of the newer generation has no care for circle etiquette. Would often drop on a first try of a trick, pass the bag, and never see a passback, but instead see someone try something for 3-5 drops. Not that I give a shit, but have been hounded for doing the same, and have done my best to change accordingly.

Filip W- Man, this guy's game reminds me somewhat of Pipebomb, lovely balance of shuffle and downtime. Plus, they are both really tall. Spent a fair amount of time watching him rip up the sidelines. A little sad when someone's comp performance barely reflects their game. Can't pin if he has a consistency problem, or more has troubles finding his groove/confidence. There was a circle he was in with Nick L, Kuba, and Mariusz, which he was outshredding everyone by leagues. He was very nice, but I failed at communicating with him, though I very much wanted to pick his brain. That routine, though :)

-In no way do I consider myself an overly social person, but in the presence of Footbaggers, try my fucking hardest to be.

Maruisz Wilk AKA Mario Wolf- 'Twas a grand pleasure to meet homie, watched this guy grow up through Footbag videos. He wasn't the most proficient in English, but the fact he kept trying to talk with me made me so damn happy. First day of shred he was saying that he was feeling his injury and wouldn't play but after chilling with him for a bit, he hopped right in. SO relate to them feels. Started off introducing myself as just "Derek", but when I introduced myself as "Derek Littlefield" to Taishi, Mariusz overheard and was like, "Littlefield? I know you, toes". <3 Learned to start saying my obvious last name. If he was as hurt as he was saying, dude can fudgin' rip, he can rip regardless, but hot damn. Glorious to consume herbage and Jäger with him somewhat frequently. Even helped him out in his time of paper needs. Shall always remember him for putting in as much, if not more, effort to talk with me. So chill, maybe I'll learn some Polish so he won't be the only one struggling.

-Don't know why it blew my mind so much that people knew my name. Not that I'm the bees knees or anything, but this is a rather tight knit community. When people would tell me they watch all my videos and knew I was a heavy toe player, not gonna lie, it was hard to not get teary eyed.

Andreas Nawrath- It's impossible to say who was my favorite to meet, that being said, Andy is a strong contender. Genuine ass dude, who possesses a wonderful outlook on Footbag and life. His routines in my eyes were some of the most creative, jump rope shred, and taking off one shoe, then taking off the other. Are you fucking kidding me? His style was slowly creeping to the top of my list the more I watched him play, that beefy toe game of his, yummm. If I learned Osis/Infinities more, could see my game looking somewhat like his. Quite possibly played with him the most, and spent almost equally as much time hangin', as well. Excavated the shizz out of his noggin. When he told me that he followed my videos closely, and almost implied that my toe game was stronger than his, my heart straight up melted. Also, mad funny to have him prove his hatred for Jäger to me on many occasions. The bumpin' and grindin' on the dance floor will never be forgotten, either.

-Jäger. Glad that everyone seemed to be fairly down with it, if not, enthusiastic about it. Even got Cass and Kemmer to take a swig. Pretty sure I purchased 6 bottles throughout, and a handful more were brought by others. Felt like home. Also, not much of a drinker AT ALL. Except, with the company of the homies. Then, things can get rowdy.

El Kemino- Felt like I finally solidified my friendship with the Kemmer at this event. Which is funny because I've always been fond of him, just had yet to utilize time with the guy properly. Other than shred, of course. This makes me glee. He's so peculiar. Shreds these crazy long sessions, and prefers the silence to music. But his thought process whilst shredding does explain it. Watching Semi's with him was a highlight in of itself. Definitely spent most of my sideline watching with circles that he was in, especially if him and Andy were in. Envy Kemm-dog's form so much, everything's silky smooth with some of the dankest flow. Wish his comp performance was better, but shizz happens. Cannot wait to see what his future shred will look like, BAP(Super Saiyan) worthy, would be my guess.

-Would love if someone shared their thoughts on my form when doing Toe stuff, more specifically shuffle. Don't care how brutal, as long as it's honest. If poor form is the root of my demise, knowing where to start may be a big boost.

Caroline- Finally met the infamous Caroline Birch. Have heard that name so many times, usually following some epic party stories. Understand why everyone is such a fan, her high spirited lovin' life vibe is very infectious. Quite the party animal, and rolled with a suitcase full of liquor. Think I'm in love(And that accent, hot damn). No wonder she got offered into drinking BAP. Really put into perspective my travel woes, or lack there of, 20 hours in and out of planes is nothing compared to 40 :O Said on many occurrences that I wasn't going to play, and would end up playing, which she would remind me, "You really suck at not playing". Upon first meeting her, she said we would get along just fine. Spot on.

-So many dank ass accents at this event, was constantly wooed by people's voices.

Ken S- "It's the thuggish ruggish booone!" Didn't get to hang with Ken that much, but I see him fairly frequently, so it's all gravy. Did get to sneak in some Chess with him, and totally played like a noob. Had him nearly on the ropes and straight up gave up. Will get him. First day of shred, hopped into his circle, and he hit some lovely 3 dex Egg based tricks for me. Actually, he hit Boulderbeater while I was distracted by Danny B, I believe, but then proceeded to hit it again first try on his next turn. Studly. 'Twas interesting to hear him and Brian discuss the Finals as it was taking place, more specifically, the routines. Wanted to see his joke routine from USO, his current one is great, but the music is too dramatic for me. Also, Friday night party, he was saying his goodbyes, gave him a hug when he straddled a leg around me. Game over. Proceeded to pick him up and dry thrust him for a good minute, fun times. In front of Haley, too.

-Have made a point to try and have a few solid conversations with the female acquaintances of Footbaggers, know it can't be the most fun chillin' on the sidelines. Plus, feels more like a welcoming community when talks can be shared with anyone. Though, sweaty shirtless athletic dudes has it perks. The only one I haven’t really done the most talking with is Haley, she intimidates me(She is too friendly to be scary). Seems like she has her life figured out, and I am just some hoodlum ass kid/adult.

Brian "Bear"- Still my favorite person in Footbag, have shared so many gangsta' times with him, and not only with Footbag. Dude just brings the maddest of chills to the table, and is always having a blast. Hearing about his epic party night made me feel like a weenie for not staying out and taking on the night with him. So many occasions where I would be looking for some puffage, and he would be already be there, ready to share. Also rolled a super fatty bleezy on most peeps' final night, zero runs, like a champ. Sucks he had to get injured so gnarley at NYJ, he would have been BAP for sure. Remember him throwing 3 dexes galore at one point, even more so than me, and that’s not his cup of tea. Shizz happens, I guess. Have yet to be at an event where he isn't there, and I'd like to keep it that way. If we fused, the play would be legendary.

-Talking with most Footbaggers about their lives outside of Footbag, and it sounds as if most have their shit together, if not, excelling at life. Love that, and need to start getting my stuff in order. Not having a job/direction in life is fun explaining to people, and I'm sure I often come across as some hooligan who kicks sacks and gets into trouble. Oh, life. To think, little over a year ago, could have entered along the path of adult films. Oh, well.

Aleksi- When I checked who was all confirmed for World's, pretty sure that Airinen was one of the names that stuck out to me the most that I had to meet. Dude handled his injury like a fucking stud, always had a smile, always at the parties, and even snuck out the hospital to kick it with the homies. Stoked that he did, for that was the last night of Cali buds. Bummed that I didn’t get to see the magicalness that is Air, when he plays. Was hard to bring myself to talk to him, the fanboy would get unleashed and didn't wish to drool over him. SO BOMB when it happened, though. Genuine as fuck, and it was cool to hear about him nearing the end of his Master's. Caught me way off guard when he said that he noticed I hadn't played for a couple days. Them Finns sure can drink, he helped me polish off nearly half a bottle of Jäger in one sitting. Dank.

-Knew that fanboying would be a bit of an issue, but not like this. Was presented a fair amount of times to chill with the legends, though I only seized about half. Kept having to remind myself that this was World's, so of course tons of peeps are there, and that they are human beings just like me.

Rory- One of the dopest guys in the game of Footbag, and shall never forget playing Net with him. Every time I was in his circle, it was always a blast! Themed runs/play, random dance moves/battles, and awesome nonsense Footbag discussions. Appreciate that when he plays he does what he finds fun, and doesn't necessarily shred till he's dead. Though, when he does shred, FUCKING A is he astounding. Very much dig that he can throw them toes around, as well, and had many talks about Toe BAP(One of the requirements would be an all toe 5 >5 >5) and Byrin Wylie(Who I'd sell what's left of my soul to play with in his peak). Need to go to more events that involve him. Dang Canadian's are rather swanky. Didn't do the best job at figuring out how his gears work, mainly cause we would have other grand topics that would last some time. Next time, though.

-Loved finding out how people work towards progressing at Footbag, most people seemed to have their own way of doing so. Of course, there were common practices, such as basics and what not. But really broadened my way of looking at training after bringing it up with so many individuals.

Breakdown- Don’t know how, but it seems like the moment we met, me and the Breakdown had some bonds. Similar tastes in music, gore, vulgarity, and all around chillin' with the homies. World's was the first time getting ample amount of time with dude, and it was grand getting to see some of his inner workings. We both were constantly looking to party hard, and we have much the same taste in drinks, spirits over brews. Few times he'd be looking for me to get some drinkage, and I'd already be back with a bottle. His insight on the body is also extremely helpful, don't know how many times I've gone to him seeking advice on body aches and just overall training techniques. Slightly terrified for whenever he pays me a visit, cause the havoc that will ensue will be epic.

-Not sure if I come off as super trusting, or something, but people have been telling me some of their secrets in the Footbag realm since nearly day 1. So very grateful that they trust me enough to do so, but it can be pretty shitty knowing some dirt, or true opinions of peeps.

Paloma- We didn’t do the most exchanging of words, but we shredded a lot on the last day. Her Ducking/Diving is all the more impressive with them dreads hanging about. Also glad that one dropless routine got to take home a gold. Cool to have a mini show off of tattoos, always stoked to see other Footbag ink.

-Not one hangover the entire time. Also think I helped people not have hangovers with my water always on me. Water is life.

Mathias "Keanu Reeves"- Remember him paying a visit to Stanford back when I first started playing with them, and being thoroughly impressed then with his skill. Now, he's on a whole other level. So glad that he came out for the Post World's Jam, cause he was shredding some HOT FI-YAH! 'Twas also where we accomplished most of the chilling, such a kind guy. Seems as if lots of players were plague with injuries this year, and even so, he was wrecking some bags. Didn't get much partying with him, either, though he was able to be a hero and hook it up to get my Super Mario Bros. on. Believe he was one of the only Danes who I didn’t shred with. Ready to see him go Keanu in the world of Shred30, suits his style perfectly. Shuffle deity!

-Has been brought to my attention that I speak a lot in slang/sound effects, which is true, and often make up words or sayings. Deal with it, and feel free to ask what it means. Awww yeah :P

Alex Venis- My shawarma partna'. Lived with this guy for a week, which was rather pleasant. Got lost on a few occasions with him, and even had an intense late night shawarma mission failure. All of which was a blast, even though it may not have been so much at the time, 'dem bonds 'dough. Had quite a few deep conversations with him, as well as a plethora of nonsensical ones. Pretty envious of the experience he is on right now, with all the travels and what not. This mo'fo' can drink, as well. Almost never turned down the bottle or free booze. Was great that he knew who Kierkegaard was, and was wanting to see him, for that meant it would be easier for me to, too. Poured out some wine on the grave, and pissed amongst the dead.

-Fun Fact: Swapped spit with almost as many dude-dudes as I did female-dudes on this trip.

Angelo- I first met Angelo properly on the first night of partying . Had introduced myself to him before, but didn’t do the typical meet and greet stuff since I was heading out as he was getting in. Knew he was residing in Berlin at the time, so the Jäger was a mutual acquaintance, as was coach. For someone who just started competing in Open, this guy can fuc shit up. Gnarley Torque action, even recall an Atomic Torque. Was one of the few who actually did as they said, and got me back for the drinks/smokes. Not that it matters, for sharing is caring, but made me appreciate it that much more. Another party animal, though the only raging I recall of us was standing outside of bars

-Standing outside of bars with a massive group of Footbaggers was one of the many highlights of this event, and it occurred rather frequently. Actually, every party night. Which was perfect for me, cause I wasn't looking to waste money on expensive bar drinks, and not the biggest fan of clubs/bars. But, a huge fan of being a hooligan and drinking outside, amongst the peers.

Alexander Trenner- Seen his name a lot, especially when it came to the badges, and remember his World's video about Footbag heaven. Hyped that we got to compete in Circle together, though it would have been nice to be near 100%, for I believe I could have given him a run for his money. He also had one of better all around routines in my eyes. Couldn’t place the language, but I know Ska music when I hear it, and hot damn was I excited to see someone use Ska in a routine. His frozen dance moves were my jam! For some reason I had a hard time connecting to him, even though he was all about coach, don't even think we puffed together :/ One of the things that stood out to me the most was the fact that he not only liked, but preferred 14 panels, JUST LIKE ME. Next time, will definitely do a scan of his brain, for his style is so pretty.

-Fun Fact That Will Probably Make You Hate Me: I do NOT like the Beatles, in almost any way.

Taishi- This guy always had the biggest grin on his face, and I loved it. Was also the first to introduce Jäger to him! Which he thoroughly enjoyed. Really took joy in finding out about the Japanese scene, and all that he was doing to promote the sport over yonder. Sad that Takumi doesn't play so much. He had some glorious information on basically preforming, though I earned it, so you'll just have to ask him about it. Not sure how he didn’t make BAP, though, I'm not in BAP, so the fuck do I know. Watching him on the sideline really opened my eyes to his game, thought he was very well balanced with Toe and Clipper game, with a lot of Toe triples. Those damn calves, they look like they can summon so much POWER. His semi's dropless routine was vibin'.

-Know I end up spending more time with the higher echelon of shredders, which I do, not because I don't like fresh peeps, but I know a lot of the shredders I look up to aren't going to be as active in the coming future, whereas I know most of the young guns will be around for a while. With this event in particular, made the most effort to talk/hang with shredders of all levels. That rising Polish scene 'dough, oh my.

Phil Morrison- Never did I think I was going to meet the red rocket himself, without paying a visit to New Zealand. Pretty sure the most fanboying came out of me when he was around. Like holy fuck, when Jim invited me to join him, Danny B, and Phil, I could not say no. Watching him shred in 3-D was pure bliss, those Stepping sets are mythical. Hearing about his travels to Croatia to go to TomorrowLand was pretty dope, too. Could not contain the fanyboy in me, so I failed pretty hard at communicating with him on a deeper level, which sucked, but I got to meet/hug the guy!

-The only thing that saddened me about this event was it's lack of Anssi. Jeg elsker deg, Anssi, let me see you!

Hanna- Met her once before, she had made it out to Green Cup in 2012 or 2013, and recall her giving me some lovely tips on Clipper. The way she said "pussy" cracked me up, them accents. Didn't see her shred too much, and heard she was coming off an injury. The only female I didn't play with either. Her feet are so small, my word. Meant to pick her brain in the ways of stitching, for I am curious about the one strand method. Mad attractive lady.

-Being able to watch Tina shred with her pregnant self was unreal, her kids are also shred ninjas.

Krystek or Christian- Won the Intermediate Routines, though he competed in Open Circle. Fond of this dude, came up with some cool requests and had some damn good form. We often would talk about the Polish Footbag scene, and he has me sold, cause it sounds mighty impressive. Saw this guy shredding almost as much as Kuba, though I never asked for his age, may be a strong newcomer in time. Was also dope enough to be a translator from time to time for some of the other Polish Footbaggers.

-Not a fan of the term deserve. Don’t believe anyone deserves anything.

Daryl- Have you seen his shoes?! They are my favorite. Awesome to see one of the pre-2000 BAP-ers still shredding hard and even competing in routines, pretty sure his goal was to even make Finals. Quite the quirky guy, and crushes it in the game of Pigs. Had a handful of words exchanged, but I had seen him at 2 events already this year, so it wasn't the highest priority. Plus, trying to get on that Boise hype. Dig that he does a lot of Pixie's, and is so well balanced with Clipper and Toe. With super control for some crazy old school fun tricks on both sides. One of the masters of 2/4 square, too. Though Brian is king.

-Fucking Boise train, man. Need to get on it.

Vasek- Not only did I meet Vasek, but actually had some great words with him. Found out some stuff about his family life, how he is doing in the realm of freestyle Football, and wonderful insight on how the Golden Child goes about playing Footbag and training. More inappropriate stuff, too. YES. One of the greatest things he said to me, was after I asked him if he still had the fire for Footbag. His response was, "Yes, but not to get better(Push his level), to be better than anyone else." That's a level I'm not sure if I would want to reach, cause that's fucking hardcore. Getting to see him compete in Circles was treat that will never fade from my memory. That first run in Density Finals, basically porn. Also thought Symp Whirr was simply nutty, and his routine was my favorite from Finals. Crazy partying with him on the final party night. Yay-yuh!

-The amount of people at this event was phenomenal, and the average level of play was just absurd. Took a few days to meet everyone, and were bunch of surprise guests during the Finals. Flippin' amazeballs to know these peeps' names and faces. Masses of hugs.

Tuukka- Antikainen!! Something about his last name made me want to say it all the time, even when I wasn't drunk. Only got to see him play once, but some of the things he is capable of, my word. Very humble about it, too. He is a party monster, and I missed the night when Asmus and Tuukka raged it extra hard and Tuukka nearly became Puukka. Since he was doing Net, his games started early, and somehow made it regardless of how hard he went the night before. Also, got to call a couple moments where he was cockblocking, which he somewhat admitted to. He was into Disc, which seems to be another common hobby of Footbaggers, like juggling, and though I wanted to play with him, 'twas often far too windy.

-Will never really fathom how people lose the desire to play/get better at Footbag, unless you no longer like it. Somewhat understandable when you reach that Super Saiyan 3 level and have won a bunch of shizz, but even then. Never got into the sport to compete, actually don't like it, or to meet people, though that’s been a lovely big bonus. Only ever got into it because I LOVE to play, and it's a bomb workout. If there was a way to play 10 hours a day and shredding it hard without risk of injury, that's where I would be, right now. Even shittily horrendous sessions are the best, simply cause you are playing. You fuel your own desire/fire, no reason why you can’t be ablaze. But, could be my madness.

Daniel Boyle- Dope to meet yet another person in real life, whose blog I follow. What a friendly fellow, didn’t have any issues stirring up talks with him, and he often had lots of juicy tid bits about Footbag from the past. Plus, all the stuff about Sports slash Life show they had going, and residing in South America for a while. Almost died when he told me that he puked in public the next day after the video contest night. Super cool how he was seeded so low, but shredded away the competition. His Parkway Drive routine song was bangin', would be cool if more people repped their favorite genre when picking routine songs, think it would add more flavor. His son Nicolas was super cute, though he seemed to be a bit bashful. Was nice knowing that there are people out there who also have to deal with super hot weather when playing in the Summer. Was looking forward to having a dinner with him and his family, plus a heard of Footbaggers, but I understand how things go. Cannot wait to hang with dude again, hopefully at an event where I'm not so spread thin trying to properly meet everyone.

-The ultimate highlight, though, squaring up Milan, Vojta, Asmus, and myself. What an experience.

Samu- Dude, had not even a sliver of an idea that Ahola was going to show his face. As soon as I saw him, recognized him, went right on into introducing myself. Fucking as cool as the Footbag videos he is in elude him to be, and he only stayed around the Finals weekend. Within that timeframe, feel I used it pretty well with getting to know the guy. Had a messed up toe, which he was saving for an adventure, so no Footbag from him. Have heard stories of the Lapland, and he was able to paint them even further for me. His and Aleksi's description of how far North/cold was also fairly hysterical. "It has Polar Bears and shit… well, not at all, but you get it." Finnish also sounds like a CRAZY language to learn, which is kind of intriguing. Listening to all the Finns go at it almost had me hypnotized at one point. Gotta make a visit, not in the Winter, though. Need the sun in my life.

-So greatly do I appreciate most people's love for coach, such an ice breaker and bonding moment. Was also where I would often sneak in some words with people.

Landes- Been a homie of mine for quite some time, in relation to when I started hitting the tournament circuit. Share a lot of common beliefs and interests, like DBZ. Feel like he is nearly the epitome of a kind soul, and has helped me out on many accounts. Some of the stuff that spews from our mouths can be quite humorous, and my word, the man does not run out of puns. It's glorious to not have to worry about crossing the line when talking to someone. 'Twas a wonderful guide, unlike myself. Think I always end up chilling with the Landes for a lot of the time at events, lucky enough to be on the same side of the country as him, or was. One of the reasons to move to Boise. Stated it before, and it still applies, one of my favorite beings on this planet.

-Have a great habit of getting lost somewhat, at most Footbag based things. I don't ever care, cause it usually makes for a sweet journey/story for later, but a fair point as why I should never be guide. Unless your game.

Nazly- One of the suitemates, and first time meeting her, don’t often meet too many Net players. And, wait for it, made food for us! YES <3 She was super fucking cool, and apparently used to DJ it up in the mountains. Rad! Very free-spirited and extremely affable. Loved reminiscing on past party days with her, my type of lady. The way she got down at Byen Lys, video contest spot, gave me so much more respect and feelings of companionship towards her. Maybe get to take her up on the crash space offer at some point in life.

-Long for World's to be more drawn out.

Matt Emmings- Another suitemate, and one of the homies from a past USO. Honestly, so thankful for the chill of chill vibes this guy brings to the table. Made for a few needed calm nights of hanging with the roomies. So many Canadians, but at least he's still a West Coaster. Forget that he's been around for a while, so he was able to bring up some Jams of old that were cool to hear about. Plus, the fact that he shreds quite on the reg with fudgin' Hagget, and getting a small glimpse into the life Alan. Dude came from such a tiny island where he grew up. Could definitely tell he was comfortable on a bike, cause was mobbin' all about. When he said that I was pretty mature for a 23 year old, couldn’t help but die. Do get what he was saying, and dig it, but I am forever a 10 year old. His job is interesting too, or to me, working with your hands is rewarding. Making furniture and what have ya. And relates to the fact that rolling is an art form.

-Even if there wasn't such an astounding Footbag set up in Copenhägen, could still see it as a place to live. Which makes it all the more alluring cause it's Footbag scene is BOMB.

Olda- So very sadly, only ever introduced myself to him. Did see him get down with juggling with Nick. Mega bums me out that I don't have much to say about him, wasn't at too many of the party nights and failed to shred with him. Poop.

-Once, stepped on a tweaker's peelo, got decked, and gave him a dollar for his troubles. Good times,

Troels- The first of the Danes I met, and was quickly showing off his concentration. So he was my best friend right away. There was a family nearby, when I was looking to do the deed, and asked if it was gravy. He said, and I quote, "fuck 'em". Man after my own heart. For only playing 2 years, this guy is a beast, total Viking for sure. Saved lives on a couple occasions, and even if we didn’t party much, still felt like I had a ragin' dandy time with him. And what a well established job he has, hot damn. Even if he is older than me, can totally see him utterly wrecking shizz in the coming future. Intelligent dude, with what seemed like lots of passion for Footbag. Dangerous combination.

-Have had a few close encounters with death, dangling off of a 200 ft. cliff by a root, was one of the more fun ones.

Sergio- Oh boy, no more than an hour after meeting him, he had shown up a day or so late, offered me a swig of Jäg. If you haven't noticed, that's my jam. Got to shred with him a fair amount, knows how to throw down. Threw down some sentences, too. Not enough to get past the first couple waves of the normal Footbag questions, and a smidgen about Spain's game. Happy to say that we were lost at one point.

-The bar and amount of graffiti in Copes is high to the flippin' max. Bombings and murals galore. Distracting at times, but in the best way. Said I wanted to throw some bombs out, but never successfully found any spray paint.

Jan Birkel- Had no clue how old he was, until he came back with a handful of kids. Everyone looks so young over yonder. What a considerate dude, was often being a mad friendly homie and guiding us tourists on our way, or handing out compliments towards the game of fellows. Totally saved a posse of us from getting lost to the meat packing district. Almost every time we played, swear it as in a circle with Troels, too. The only thing that would catch me off guard, was how common it was for him and others to pass to the right. Think my favorite thing about the Danish crew is the broad array of Footbaggers that are there.

-Pass the dutchie pon the left hand side! Corrected the rotation of too many circles. Really don’t care about self serves too much, but OCD about passing to the left.

Grandma Penske- It's hard to say who my favorite shredder is, and it commonly changes. But, more times than not, it's good ol' Jim Penske leading the pack. THE reason I want to move to Boise. Similar wave lengths in the realm of chiefing, and was hyped to know he got some glassware. The spot they had with Red was too perfect, literally overlooking the event site, and could easily see shred and all that was being hit from their balcony. While hitting what was being lit ;) On top of being an elite shredder, Jim's also an elite cool guy. Always great chats, many times not really pertaining to Footbag. At one point, when they allowed me to have some crash space, Jim was trying to take care of me. Offering me food, showing me what all they had, wanting to make me a sandwich, or have me try some dessert. Casey jokingly said, "Geeze Grandma Penske, think he can take care of himself." 'Twas the best, and extremely thankful that he was willing to go to that extent to make sure I was cozy/spoiled. When I went out for food at one point he facetiously threw out there, "Be home before dark". All the lovin'.

-Shawarma was a way of life while in Copenhägen(most of Europe, should say), so cheap and grubbin'. Also, the most cost effective for being on the go. Dairy, candy, meat, alcohol, and shawarma seemed to be the life source of a lot of Danes.

Casey- The dopest of Footbagger's partners. Could be biased, cause she is from California, as well. But have also had a lot of smashed times with her. Never was a fan of Gin until Vegas Jam and it's sloppiness. That adult CapriSun, though. It's also nice to talk about Footbag with someone who is in the sport(she's been to a World's, c'mon), but doesn't physically play. All about that perspective. Plus, she isn’t there for Footbag, so it’s easy to have other conversations, too. Lucky enough to pick her brain for lots of information about Boise, and Idaho in general. Some mad villain chillin'.

-Ted was cool enough to set up the spot, and hooking it up with food. Which I'm indebted for.

Kim Mortenson- Turns out that shortly after he finished his schooling at Stanford, is when I started rolling through. What a shame! Stanford crew had always boasted their likeliness of Kim, and it was a treat to be able to meet the guy I've heard about for what seems like ages. Ultra laidback cat, and was a champ for coming out to the party nights, even when he had somewhat early obligations in the morning. Didn't shred, or get to see him shred at all, which would have been nice, but happens. Liked when he asked me if I was OK with how my seeding was(Doesn't matter, happy to be there), and that he watched some of my videos to get a better idea on my level. Learning about the technique to open wine bottles without any tools, and then seeing it work in action, fabulous. Apparently, he likes to play kiks.

-Gave Dexter another trace of my foot, and was pleased to hear about the shoe and the new possibilities that may come with it. Really pushing for things going his way.

Wiktor- Almost all the time I had with him, was whilst being intoxicated. Not even sure if he remembers my name. The only shred I saw from him, was his video for the video contest. But watching him and Brian duke it out over 2 square was a real treat. Not often do I see someone actually challenge the Bear.

-Think it's awesome how most Net peeps rage super hard, but yet are super adult-like, and arrive on time, or even early, and help with things.

Anton- Homie of homies. Got to do a pretty massive amount of raging with dude. Even tried some crazy drink that his pops gets down with around Christmas. Everyone hated it, but I thought it was delectable. Better than Fernet Branca(Sorry Asmus). Always a fan of dancing with him, random shizz pops off. One of the more memorable circles of this event, other than when we competed against each other, was when Andi, Anton, and I were doing the deed. We are all capable Toe players, and pretty sure the only Toe circle I had. Hype! Hilarious that after the final party at Rust, when Anton and Johnny already dipped, saw them heading to the airport later on during the morning. Final hugs. When we were getting down in Rust, though. He came over to get rowdy, which I'm all for, but he started lifting up my fucked leg to an extent that was not so pleasant. Snap.

-Maciej was a Net player who I grew to adore, mainly for his etiquette. Knew the ways of going left, and was the only person to say the greens in Denmark were mediocre. Talks of herb galore.

Verena- Interesting to hear about where her journey in life has taken her. Too cool for school, though she's crushing that, and an intellectual person to the max. Didn’t talk too much Footbag with her, but was able to find out some history/information pertaining to Denmark. Where I got all my info about Christiania. Glad to know I wasn't stepping over any boundaries when I brought my non-Footbag friend over and he crashed on her couch. Seeing as I had only met her the day before. Them Blenders and Paradox Whirls, 'dough. Swanky.

-The plane ride back destroyed my body.

Paul- Took me a while to figure out who he was. Seen him at a few party nights, but didn’t see him at the event till later in the week, so I knew he wasn't the heaviest in the scene. Finally formerly introduced ourselves at the meatpacking area and it all clicked. Had heard Nick and Verena talk about him, but never put two and two together. Verena's boyfriend! So dank, 'tis a rare thing to meet a Footbagger's partner, and them be a dude. Hope they appreciate the Fernet bottle they have, if not to only remember me. Another Dr in the works.

-Bummed that nobody wanted to try any of the Mexican restaurants while out there. Don’t blame them, but c'mon, it is an experience.

Jim Hankins- Have no issues with the dude, find him to be one of the nicer of peeps in the world that is Footbag. Yet another of the roomies. He had to share the bed with Ted. See him at a lot of events, but this was the first time getting to know him. Something about talking to people who are established in life is intimidating. We mobbed the same bike, aww yeah.

-Always say I want to take more pics on adventures, but end up caught up in all what's going on and forget.

Milan- Didn’t get to play with him, but he plays so much to make money, plus competing, so I don't blame the lack of sideline shred. Humble guy, was nice to hear him have discussions about how the comp went and how surprised he was by things. Had some insight to share about Bulgaria and Romania, too.

-Cause we are the Aqua Teens, make homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream!

Chrissy- Nearing the end of the suitemates. We were the first of the group to head out the day of. Quite the character. Went on an adventure with her to Red's spot one night, which was cool. She got lost and separated from the group on a couple occurrences, luckily Tuukka had her back. She has been around for a while, made me wonder why it took going to Europe to meet her.

-Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!

Rasmus- The best and easiest directions always came from him. Many times he pointed out the way, whether that be to home, food, or more drinks. Never got to see him play, but he was at every party night if I recall correctly. Another one of the reasons to pay another visit. The Danish crew as a whole seemed so fucking chill and welcoming. He actually treated me to a fancy drink, and showed me proper technique for consumption. And, he has them flowy locks of hair. Pure nonsense is how I'd describe the words we exchanged, which is my favorite.

-One of the smoothest ran events, so many people to organize, but it always happened. If not to a lesser extent. They set the bar rather high for future World's, in my eyes.

Roy- Have no idea how I didn’t recognize him from his shred. Hopped into his circle, to play/meet, to only be surprised that is was someone who I was familiar with. Klein! Got to play with him here and there, though not enough to get a good reading on how his game is. Also failed at finding out more about what's going on in Tel Aviv, which is something I was looking forward to doing.

-First time going to an event where the Footbaggers were more so than not, social beings. Made things much easier.

Gatesdude- His steez is so top notch, and from what I gathered from talks, has a majority of fans in the elite group of players. Says quite a lot about him. Know he had the highest of expectations for himself, but he still wrecked all the things. Saw him sideline shred and party more so than any of the greats in the sport, which earned him mass respect points in my book. His Swirling Double Blender is the bees knees, but I am so spoiled with how much I've seen him play, that it didn’t look as big to me. Also has to do with the fact that it's nearing countless times seeing him do it. The first run he had in Finals Variety was legendary, can't wait to flow like that someday. Jäger bros.

-Didn't really try any of the local cuisine, which is lame on my part.

Anna- Stumbled upon these guys on the streets while walking to Verena's, proper timing. Was nice to meet the girl Evan so often boasted about. Crazy talking about the injury she recently had gone through, what a trooper. Also, pointed out that me and Evan were kind of twinsies on the first day, like damn. Would have been the perfect person to learn more about the Polish lifestyle, which I did somewhat, but commonly was distracted.

-Red square was the dopest event site. The weather wasn’t being the friendliest, but once we ere able to shred outdoors, 'twas the stuff of myths. Playing in the gym was nice, big fan of the warmth, and with all the sweaty bodies, it was very warm. Plus, there was natural light shining through, so it wasn't only artificial light

Felix- Hands down, some of the best circle etiquette I've ever witnessed. So hard for him to give himself a self serve. Didn't end up getting deep with him, but found out a bit about his beat boxing, and his desire to play. Utterly crushes the beats with his mouth, could have listened to him go off for ages. Another one of those sneaky guests that rocked my world. Can nearly die happy that I've been in a circle with him, and have evidence of that.

-A not so achievable goal in life is to get welcomed into the community of Christiania, but seeing as it's a ways away, and there are under 1,000 members of said community. Probably not gonna happen. Hippie communes are the best, and the amount of high class street art there is plain beastly.

Alex Dworetzky- Have gone back and watched his routine so many times already. That song is so BUMPIN'. Was able to share some spliff action with him and hear about how they got kind of fucked by the place they were staying at. Didn't understand the backlash of the music that was played. Shizz is G rated compared to what I prefer/played. And at any "X" Games or skating comps, they play the raunchiest of poppy rap. People are fucking weenies, man.

-Byen Lys, easily a top contender for one of the best after parties. Not so much cause it was super raging, but the whole set up, and the fact that smoking inside was 100% acceptable. Watching the video contest there was one of the coolest experiences of the trip, plus, it made people check out Christiania.

Mathieu- Did a lot of talking about previous Vasek showings and how he played throughout his career. Also helped the guy film, so if you hear some random ass commentary, apologies. Found it interesting talking about his career and how his game has gone through some many metamorphoses. He keeps track of his game, which I like, cause every time I’d ask something like he best combo/ BSOS of the day, he always knew. Another one of the roomies, too. He got to go on the [c]anal tour, which I am pretty envious of. Orcarina of Time has drained countless hours of my life away, so hearing his routine brought joy into my life.

-Black Diamond, where Finals took place, was way fancy. Made the whole thing tie together as actually a professional event. Plus, being right on the water was superb. Mads N looking all dapper with his Lavers on, score.

Red- Seeing all the respect people had for him was refreshing. Glad to know that even with age, doesn’t mean you have to lose all the pep in ya step. He shredded hard for coming off of an injury at USO. Quite the party animal and has SO MUCH useful information about the sport. Talked with him a lot about Boise and things to come. Pleased that I am wanted somewhere, and really gave me a confidence boost hearing the things he had to say about me. The jerseys were so clutch! So desperately do I want to be a part of the Foot Clan, just look at the title of my blog. Nice that he has been going to more events other than World's this year. Went from never meeting the guy, to seeing him at almost every event this year.

-Meatpacking district was my favorite party night. Where all the deep convos and bonds were formed, and of course some heavy ragin'/dancing. When we migrated to the club, it was intense to go from inside the club, to outside where it was ALL footbaggers for almost the whole night. Take me back.

Nis- Something about this guy just brings the calm out. Hearing him talk also gave me a schoolboy crush on him of sorts. Between him and Asmus is where I got most of the information on what it took to summon up such a wonderful World's, and also about how shred is in Denmark as a whole. Made sure to play with him on a few accounts, though neither of us were pleased at what was being hit. The night at Rust, though. Dude totally owns life. Actually didn’t get the most chill time with him, but made the most out of what I got. Would like to dive deeper, seems like a character from which I’d like to learn from. Gonna miss him. Dancefloor animals.

-Rust. For those that saw what went down, hope it was fun to watch. OH! But the super drunk guy at the beginning of the night who was singing all belligerently, my man.

Inna- Her and Nis have an amazing thing going, very happy for them. Way random on some of the things we connected on, one of which being peeling the skin from sunburns. Been a while since someone has tried to pop one of my pimples for me. 'Twas dank getting to know Nis partly from her perspective. She claimed to be heavy on the introverted side, so I was glad that words were able to happen pretty fluid like. Said she was shy about speaking English, though I thought she is damn proficient, other than stumbling to find certain words from time to time. She will be remembered.

-Snuck in some partying with Vasek. Life is complete.

-Apologies to those who were around the final night for the crying on the couch.

Peder- Asmus' brother, and my rage partna' on many nights. Guess I missed some of the more hardcore nights, which is a bit of a bummer, but can’t do it all. Dude pillaged the lands of North, and is now enjoying his time with the money he made. For someone who doesn't play Footbag, he has met/chilled with so many fudgin' players. Crashing with him was dope, some of the talks we had got way too open for some. He also tried guiding me a bit in the ways of peaking Danish, which I am thankful for, so I didn’t always sound like a damn American. Rocked the event with helping and got what I consider to be the coolest shirt. Purple version of the World's tee. Had the pleasure of meeting some his homies, as well, who I still owe for blowing dro. Hopefully if Asmus makes a US appearance, his brother will be tagging along. But no Cali buds for this young man. Hah.

-Final blunt for the trip was a picture perfect ending.

Asmus- Fuck. Where do I start? Think he possessed the most favorable of accents. It was flippin' surreal meeting him! Had an internet crush on him for some time, seeing as he has a pretty consistent and tenure reppin' on the fizzied. Made it even better that he seemed as stoked to meet me, as I was with him. 'Twas great having him as a party guide, don't think it would have been nearly the same without 'em. My favorite circle had to be the day of Finals when a hack circle formed outside the venue. It was the only time I got to witness some of his shred, even if it was dicking around. Hope to someday come and obliterate lives at Distortion fest. Pretty sure that other than a couple of the roomies, spent a lot of time chilling with the man himself. He has been around in Footbag for so long and been to so many events, could listen to the stories his has for days. And only, but, of course, does he have a superb job. Will never forget him saying that he watches my videos that I drop, and with every video I release, you can see improvement. Damn. And the talks of BAP. Was also the only person I talked about judging with, the point he brought up were spot-on, and only made me not want to judge, more. Jeg elsker deg(day, not die. Ha.), holmes.

-Know that I left out hella people and events and all that, but I am ready for this to be done. Sorry if it wasn't up to par for some of you, but I tried. Time to heal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKKz4M9o6w[/youtube]

A little something-something I never posted in herr.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Aug 2015 06:41

Derek wrote:.

-Would love if someone shared their thoughts on my form when doing Toe stuff, more specifically shuffle. Don't care how brutal, as long as it's honest. If poor form is the root of my demise, knowing where to start may be a big boost.
There's nothing wrong with your toe shuffle. In fact, I model mine off of you. Though, if I had to critique it, the only critique I could give is to continue evening your game out with clippers. Seeing you hit stuff like Blur> Atom> Smog> Dimmiest would be too sick. And if you stopped all toe stuff for a few weeks, you could quickly attain links like that.

Kuba? Did you mean Jakub?

Matt Kemmerer is cool.

Couldn't read all of it, because wow many words, but I'm glad you had a good time, despite the injury. Heal up soon.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 30 Aug 2015 19:56

Dude, please get off my fucking dick about Clipper game. You've made that opinion of yours crystal clear on many occasions, I get it. Yes, Kuba is Jakub M. Agreed, Kemmerer is really cool. Thanks. Dig the Vortex Swirl.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 30 Aug 2015 22:55

Nice writeup. As for toe criticism, check your Illusions in slow motion. You're letting the bag fall through a circle made with your leg, instead of dexing it horizontally.

Would love to see 2 DEX sets, but that's more of a suggestion :)

Edit: Congratulations on the gold medal, looks cool
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 31 Aug 2015 00:08

Dude! Your post is 15 A4 pages long! When you said you couldn’t sit still I thought you were maybe struggling to get to 4 pages. Haha.

As I told you I shared your post with the rest of Danish crew and we all pretty much agreed that you took home the award for best new acquaintance at Worlds. Props for that. Many legends have won that award from the Danish crew in the past. You were social like crazy and kicked butt in all aspects of being a good dude at a tournament.

Happy you had a blast in Copenjäger. You are more than welcome back any time for travels, party or actually living here. Let’s discuss the options at some point.

You need to tell me the story about you almost entering the path of adult films at some point.

Fanboy Tip #1: My lil bro asked Vasek who he was when he was checking in. That is how you get over fanboyizm.

In regards to people sharing their footbag secrets with you. Everybody has them. We are a family and there will be people who suck, people who don’t like each other etc. You don’t choose your family but I am pretty happy to be part of this one anyways.

I love your slang and made up words. I wish my slangism was as strong in English as it is in Danish.

You do need to get on the Boise train and I need to visit.

I often say “Antikainen” to myself. Just to remind me that unicorns are real and miracles do happen.

I was happy that I was able to deliver on an early promise in regards to us squaring up with the two Czech badasses and hooking everybody up at the final party. I hope you enjoyed that.

I am sorry I was so lame at answering your question in regards to graffiti in Copenhagen. It came a bit out of the blue and my mind was all in organising mode at the time. I will send you a list of some of my favorites if you still want it. If you ever come back let’s go on a lil mission for sure.

I will get you to love Fernet. I promise. It is an acquired taste but once you get it…

Jeg elsker også dig.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 31 Aug 2015 07:44

Derek, I meant nothing bad about the Clipper game. All I was saying was to keep at it, because it's evening your game out nicely. I know you've been working hard at it. I didn't intend to come off in a negative way. I never purposely come off in a negative way toward anyone. I just try to offer help. Sorry for everything.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 31 Aug 2015 09:11

If I had known how you were going to respond to my Top Post image, I would have written "send Ken money" instead. 8O

Cool seeing your impressions of everybody/everything at Worlds. Neat that you're thinking about Boise, though it'd totally make my Sacramento trips way less interesting.

Hope you continue to heal up.

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 05 Sep 2015 07:20

I enjoyed meeting you and Nick in a very native American way - very tranquil ;) I had a really good time with you and look forward at seing you again at some event! You are a very solid shredder with a unique playing style. I really enjoy watching your vids. I'll catch you on the flip side ;)

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 12 Oct 2015 10:04

The Things You Call Vile, Tend to Make Me Smile

So, I have a had a herniated disk this whole time. Got some more work done, and it's luckily not ruptured. Still not looking good health wise, may be perma fried with the pain, and surgery may be the only route. Peeps finally listened that the pain I can bare usually exceeds most. Haven't found that out yet, though. This isn't me giving up, either. Not one for surgeries, so if playing Tiltless painfully is all I have, then so be it. Already so hard to stop myself from playing, not playing hurts fucking immensely. Footbag felt like one of the few things that justified my existence. Big thanks to the folks, for not only letting me waste time with Footbag, but encouraging it. And housing/taking care of my broke ass. Word to the wise, forget.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 19 Oct 2015 07:09

I'm sorry to hear that man. I do hope you get better - there have been a number of footbag players who had back injuries and returned. It's just a shame to see someone else get sidelined because their body wasn't up to it. Frustrating, but I know you'll pull through. We still have to shred someday 8)
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 08 Jan 2016 08:03

Ken- I would have sent you hundreds of pennies, one by one :twisted:

Troels- Hell yeah, man! You guys sure do things all sorts of proper. Hope that the next time is sooner than later.

Ivan- The spine 'tis a weenie, but I'll be whipping that hoe into shape. Thanks for the truth, and I expect that shred to occur!
FYI: Vulgarity is a prolific part of my life. Toned it down, but read with caution.

NYJ was a blast and a half, ecstatic that I was able to make it after all. All with the help from my fam-bam, who deserve a gold plated 50 ct diamond for all the shizz I put them through. Of which, they have no idea. Got more than a bit wiley the last month or so before the event. My injury has become more manageable, though, I am still anti surgery. The first session had was near the beginning of December, which was around 4+ months of no shred. Played 3 more times after that for a total time of 1.5 hours. Hurt myself a smidge trying to push to see what I could and could not do. Atomics are a no-no, for now. Was planning on not playing much in Michigan, but you know how that goes.

Was suppose to arrive on the Sunday following x-mas, but there were some crazy lame storms that hit areas hard. So got re-routed to fly in on Tuesday. Slept some Sunday night, then continued to rage until my flight, with the hopes of sleeping on the flights. My homies can get down. My plan came to fruition, and the plane rides flew by :lol: Didn't even have time to poop, cause Anton was on top of swooping me up. Fucking love that guy. These Michiganders don't mess around. Do all sorts of catching up on the ride back, and went straight to business to get ready before Ben and Jahner showed up later. Our missions were on point, and handled effectively, as well as quickly. The gummy made the grocery store somewhat overwhelming, but Satan helped guide me.

Z-Jeezy and Ben Beezy show up, and the event starts to become more and more real. All 'dem chills and hugs were a great way to start the day. That Jahner life, man. Ben had some terrible movies, one of which was a Ghostbusters that I had never seen or heard of. Many people had the pleasure of receiving a x-mas card from him, too. It tickled my fancy. Eventually, Zach had to dip to get some rest for his final day of work before the Jam could be his focus. The Gatesman landed at 1 in the AM, but I was too dead for that, so some sleep happened. Manton and Babs were on that -ish, though.

Wake, and Ben was already up. We chilled in the back room for a bit because Evan was catching some slumber. Scoped his baggies and did some non-sense, that Ivan bag he has, though :O Soon peeps start to rise and the chills commence out in the living room, and shortly after grub, Jordan showed up. Boo-yah! The mom/homie/eskimo bro/G. Coach then began to profusely teach us all sorts of things. Of which, was these perler bead thingies. There was even a quick poker game with $5 on the line, Ben and Evan let me win. Everybody who wanted to show up early had flight issues, other than EG. So Kyle wouldn't get there until around 9. There was shred at Adam's near 6, which was the first official sesh of the jammy-jam. Bond until heading to Jahner's to pregame the shred, with a quick pit stop for some grub-a-lub. Only had one dab for the weekend, but it was all that was needed. It almost stole my soul. Hang real quick like, before peacing out to Keith's. See ya soon, Shelby.

The first time we shredded at Adam's last year, there was a heaping mass of people, this time, it was just right with enough for 2 solid circles. Didn't get nearly as moist down there, either, oh darn. Seemed as if the bodies of most were still waking up, which caused some subtle frustrations. Good times galore, 'dough. Boy, oh boy, I can watch Adam shred all day. Illusion bros! Called it early, as to not exert myself. Evan was getting down so hard that he ended up smacking the stereo and cutting out the music. That guy. Talks were had while waiting for the Gatesman to fill the void of his shred hunger. Hugs before heading out, and Ben, Jahner, and myself split to get Kyle before heading back to Anton's. Nerd out whilst waiting, and then get the call. Last time seeing Kyle was at Vegas Jam, and since then, his game has exploded. Like busting nuts all over faces, exploding. Quick re-caps and more nerding out while venturing back to the spot. Coach, coach, coach. The gaggle of humans were fairly drained, so the talk time was cut short before dudes left, and sleep happened.

Highlight: Pixie ss Knee Bump >Diving ss Mirage

Kyle and Ben were up first, I was soon to follow. We had to keep it down since others were still out, and Kyle showed us his newest video for a first viewing. Dankness. More Footbag videos were watched until sleep no longer ailed anyone. Jahner would then show up with another Zach, the Mr. Miley. Dope dude, with styles for miles. Delicious. A session was called for at the gym Anton works at, which is by far the fanciest gym I've ever been inside. Dave showed up, really dig that cat. The cafe spot there was so on point, too. Yum. Had to fill out some free day membership shizz, so we could get decked out with lockers and all that jazz. Anton's co-workers are super cool and seemed very interested in the whole, we travel mad distance to basically workout with the homies. Change, and head to the shredquarters upstairs, where 3 circles formed perfectly cause Evan is a lion and needed sleep. Played with everyone, but soon had to call it and stretch out. See Miley hit Pixie Plasma. Doneskies. Sauna, hot tub, and shower before calling it.

Head out for some grubbage to a spot where you get a burger and unlimited fries. SMASHING. Get to hear more about the program Adam set up to calculate runs, the brains on this dude, and his shred regiment is nuts-o. Lil' D almost got away with saying it was his birthday, but the waitress was thorough. Dave and Adam had things to do, while the rest of us went back to the shred den. Shortly after, them Canadians showed up. While I got to hang with them a lot at World's, it seemed like too long since I'd seen them. Cassy in particular. We then played the waiting game till party time. There was a New Years party at a club only a mile away from home base alpha. Rage time. Club was pretty decked out and nice, with 3 stages within the venue. The best one was outside, it was tented out, playing some heavy/grimey dub. Hittin' all night. ALL the love was shared. A free photo booth was set up, and no one was taking too much advantage of it, so we rocked it a few times. Almost got a free wizard hat, but Jordan is responsible and not a total hooligan, such as myself, and took it back. After annihilating the dance floor, it was time to call it.

Had a major fuck up on my account. Luckily, footbaggers are typically great people, and had things under control-ish. Some dicks may need to be gargled on my end. The night extended for quite a while. Sleep time. Miley, Gatesman, and I were trying to figure out who would be the one to sleep on the floor, we all were offering. But Miley quickly said, "Fuck you guys, I called it first!" One of the highlights of the weekend for me. Everyone rises around the same time, and things were settled. Gatesdude was on the b-fast hype, and said eff french toast, gonna make pancakes from scratch, instead. Decked err'body out with a couple thick mo-fos. Kemmer and Boats landed, and were chillin' at Z-Jeezy's pad for a bit, Boats needed dab life to help fuel his never ending smiles. Pizzas are purchased and consumed, with Johnny and homies arriving soon after. The squad was becoming solid. First time meeting the lady friend, Brandy. Talks upon talks, before the Kemm-crew showed up. That soon inspired a shred session in the kitchen. Started around 5-6, and didn't end till 10-11. People were hitting my requests, which was making me happy. Fairy Diving ss DLO was hit by EG, and Kemmer had a handful that I threw at him. My dudes. Believe that the stud, Rory, showed up in the midst of shred, but I could be very wrong. Would you rather, started here, and I made a dick out of perler beads. Mirror action, reminded me of home.

Johnny handled the fuck out of the room scenario, very grateful for that. Nick and Hoffa were caught in some wicked weather, so they had to creep there way to the spot. Everyone was waiting for them to arrive before heading out to the hotel to crash. Cass, Alex, Evan, and I were beat, so decided the wait could happen no more, but it just so happened that Polini and Hoffsters were there as we were walking out. Yee. Get to the spot, and moments after checking in, other Footbag peeps showed up, too. Hunger was real, and there was thankfully something still open for delivery. Shower, and then wreck that -ish. Catch them zeez's.

Day one of the event. Make our way yonder. Trying to find a place for food was a bit of a task, which the crew settled on some McDee's. Couldn't bring myself to do it, so I walked to the site from there, which wasn't far at all, and the walk was great warm-up for my legs. Got to take some snazzy pics, as well. Just as I got there, saw that a coach meeting was mid-sesh, and hopped right in. Footbag timing <3. Doors opened at 10 AM, and got there about 10:45, peeps were already shredding, so I had to hop in. Comp didn't begin until 3, so there was ample time to destroy some bags, and legs before I had to help judge. Used every last bit of that time, I found it a tad shocking my body was able to hold up, though it was mainly Tiltless stuff. Jahner's mom also came and brought mass amounts of snacks and grub. Must have told her I lover her about 5 times. That chilli, though. Circles upon circles, the Grand Rapids guys crack me up, and Brandon Turner has that beautiful flow to him. Time to judge. Despise judging, but knew it had to be done. Judging with Jahner and Boats(/Kemmer) was actually a blast, so the stress levels weren't erupting. Done and done, with Evan winning(Who would have guessed?). Whirlyball is soon to happen.

Head back to the hotel, while waiting for the time to depart to the epic party that is Whirlyball. Dave was there when we rolled up, so he accompanied us back to the room. Oh, man. The chats that were had during the 2 hour time frame were ridiculous. Were-dicks, and the science of how werewolves transform in space were amongst some of the topics. Time to venture out. Shizz is in a sneaky location. Whirlyball party, 8-12 PM, free pizza, beer, salad, and bread sticks. Plus, a court to ourselves the whole night. Imagine lacrosse and basketball mixed while playing in bumper cars. Player packs were handed out before things got chaotic, if you haven't seen the shirt, you are missing out on life. Got down on some pool before finally feeling the urge to hop in. Last year I didn't play cause I was beat, this year I made an exception. Was able to convince Cassy, too, who was in the same boat as me. Game is abusive as fuck, but so worth it. Scored one point, and rammed the hell out of people. Ballin'. It was nearing the end, and Cass requested if I could drive, which was more than doable since the hard liquor costs money and I DO NOT drink beer. Jahner got a suite, for partying after partying.

Kemmer rolled with us and was my navigator. Glad he came, cause it also meant more time to chill, 'tis my dude. Alex was being his charming self and going on and on about some fairly absurd things, which kept the ride entertaining. Gatekeeper was feeling some liquor, so we tried to find a liquor store. Fails upon fails. There was even a time where I came across a stop sign, yet had a green light to go. Oh, Detroit streets, you confusing fuckery. Make it back to the hotel, and head up to room 1420. Ha. Chats went on relentlessly all night, and bathroom time was shared. Much like home. Peeps missioned for alcohol, and after hearing things would be coming to an end, figured to call it early to try and prepare for sleep. Little did I know, things were still going steady, so after some stretching, went up to get back into to the deep conversations. It's fantastic to be able to bring up topics that may make you look like a tweaker, or deranged, but earn a response that is obviously well put together. Christian is a cool dude, dopeness runs through the blood of the Britting's. Time was time, and instead of pacing the hallways with my boy, got coerced into going to bed. Fingers.

Late to rising, and stalled on the check-out time for a wee bit more rest. Quickly gather all of our shit and disperse. Alex was panicked that he may have lost his took (beanie), but found it after getting home. Final event day! We get there, and Cass drops Evan and I off before heading to get the McNuts again. Z-Jeezy for the win, with a little pep to my step. Start up with the shred right away, again. Was really feeling it that day, and by feeling it, I mean able to throw down some more of my common Toe Guiltless shizz. Yay. Compliments on my illusions/Eggs melt my heart. Savored every last moment of it. after what seemed like endless hours of playing, some more of the mini-comps started. Was going to compete in requests, but when I heard the first link, had to drop out. Next was Iron Man, or Rippin' Run, whatever the hell you want to call it. Rules were Tiltless limit, and Open players could not repeat a trick consecutively for more than 3 times. my original plan before hearing the rules was to do Legovers for forever. My record is 305-ish. Changed my strategy a smidge in order to fit the criteria. Legover >Orbit repeat for forever. It eventually got down to me, Rory, and Evan. Rory didn't know I was still alive and thought it was just him and Evan, so he began to shred-shred, knowing Evan goes on forever. Got a little bored and cocky, and wanted to get closer to Evan so I could try and bother him and get into his head. But, dropped before I could even get the chance. Fun times, though. Everybody kept calling me a cheater, so I was constantly flipping people off and saying fuck you :D Mirage race was the final event. One sided shizz doesn't interest me, so I watched.

Polini gave me some of the best love to my game, thanks dude. Wish I would have hung with Hoffa more. Fella is my type of people.

With all the events down, shred started up again. Too beat, so stretched out and commenced with the chill mode. Talked with those who weren't shredding, and watched those who were. Soon it was time for peacing out. Hugs, hugs, and hugs. Though, not enough. Some peeps I'll be seeing again soon, so the sadness didn't set in. Gave Dave my perler dick. Evan and I were all about food, so before a plan on dinner could be established, we left for grub. Plan was to meet up at the hotel and hang until heading out to Canada. After food and chilling in the lobby, learned they all went out for food, and had issues galore. Party suite till time to depart. Some homies set up plans, so wasn't able to give hugs to everybody before dippin', but it happens. Solved some kids book mystery Boats had, drew one of my infamous penis', chatted it up, drank some, and all that jazz. After Anton got back from dropping Jordan off, it was time. Best hug of the weekend probably has to go to Rory, with a tag in from Ben.

Michigan will no doubt always be very near and dear to me, the crew there is amongst some of my favorite people on this planet. All the love to those who dealt with my shenanigans, and helped host this spectacular event. Chilling in Canada for now(Thank you, Cassy <3!), but will be back in Pontiac for a round two! As to be expected there was a lot left out, but hope you enjoyed this wall of text. Maybe shred will become frequent in my life again, and posts will occur more often. No promises, though ;)
(If no one could please use this song in a Footbag video, you'll have my love forever. If I ever get around to making videos again, this is my first choice of songs.)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jan 2016 12:02

Thanks for the write-up! Was glad to read/see you playing some footbag, even if your body is still working its way back to peak shred level.

Your writing style in the post reminded me a lot of Alex, from a ClockWork Orange.
Derek wrote:My droogies and I drank some Moloko, before shredding on the footbag tip.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jan 2016 18:43

Just got back to internet land and I have a lot to catch up on. Great to shred with you again. Even though you were laid back and not busting crazy Atomics, your game is still fucking impressive. Especially during Tiltless Til You Drop. Wtf. You're insane. I can't wait til your body is healed up and you can start pushing again. Your game is just fun. It was great seeing my old weirdo spiked bag again, too! Hope to kick again sooner than later.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 06 Feb 2016 20:49

My team is the Broncos. My buddy had a Super Bowl ticket for me. Bailed on it to shred with Stanford. True love. Random life shizz, end.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 Feb 2016 10:00

Death, stop it.

I play Footbag. Even use Clippers. Pretty sweet, I know.

Love you hoes.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 Feb 2016 10:04

Also, eff this page.

Ken, that was one of the greatest compliments I've ever received.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 15 Feb 2016 12:41

i could see you, landes and i dressed up like alex and his droogs drinking white russians and setting off fireworks in portland for sure, maybe we even did that? some of ye old faygo ultra stylinz?

you back to playing yet? i expect a triple dex re-match this year. also, expect a jam in my area next spring, your attendance is required.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 16 Feb 2016 16:49

Possible Captions
• This is how you play net right?
• Footbag net -- It's a trap!
• May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"