TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
bobgreen
Multidex Master

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by bobgreen » 13 May 2016 20:18

I didn't comment when you published your last video, but your shred is looking dope man! I'm so stoked you got to come hang out when Boats was in town.

I only recall ever hanging out with Lon once, at 2000 worlds I think. Doubt he even remembers me. In any event, I'd love to kick with him. He is a sick shredder, and he always seems pretty positive in everything I see out of him. You know if he is going to US Open?

Looking forward to shredding at Cardinal Cup with you if not sooner!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Jun 2016 10:35

Kyle, even if the context is just from that quote, thanks for thinking I am great.

Bobby G! Thanks man, lucky to have the time to dedicate. Your shred is looking much more consistent. Them runs are growing. Yes! Was wicked awesome, and thanks again for the pulled pork. Your spot is fly. Now you'll have plenty of time to chill with the mythical creature, that is SkyLon. Hope that bag treats ya well, I wanted to keep it :P

Most Selfies Are Dirty. So If You See My Face, You're Extra Loved.

Cardinal Cup took place, which Rory dominated. Dustin even showed his face, which was a nice surprise. Traffic there was the worst I've seen in some time. A drive that takes 2 hours, took 3+. Rory and Bob got b-day bags from me. Rory is awesome, and his shred is so clean. 'Twas a treat to play with him. No one wanted to do routines, so Rory did 2, back to back. Both of which were super impressive, especially being improvised. Shred was hot, everyone was throwing down well. A whole lot of squares took place. Squares is always the most fun at Stanford, people actually work as a team to get the server, or whoever has the most points, out. Which I've learned isn't standard anywhere else. All the glorious saves, too. After shredding at Stanford or a while, went back to Steve's. He made a spur of the moment pizza. Made everything that much better. My legs became more and more dead as food was digesting, so instead of more squares, figured to dip.

USO things are starting to get squared away. It's becoming so real. Decided that after all the action at Cardinal Cup, and the intense heat wave that's coming, perfect little storm for training. Got home Monday afternoon, and was ready. Played Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after only taking one day off after the Cup. The average temperature was around 100 F. Spent the first chunk drilling, and not filming. Stopped working the basics so much, so I get right to the goodies. Lots of Clipper drilling. And where I would normally drill Toes, is when I begin to freestyle/film. For I do not think my toes need much more work, unless it's concepts I haven't touched abundantly(Atomics, DSO, Double Orbit, or 4's). Could feel the evolution. A lot of these runs were first try, which is phenomenal. Magellan/PLO is basically my Butterfly, DLO/ss DLO is my P. Mirage, and Smear/ss Smear is my Osis. Eggs are somewhere in there, too. My run length has increased, which is my favorite. Always was told that doing 15+ contacts of Toe Guiltless wasn't practical, so I should learn Clipper. Bitch, please. But, I am learning Clipper, and still do all the Toes.

Edit: Lot's of love from park dweller's, such as myself. It's very different getting applause and knowing that you are being watched when you are there to fuck around. Had an audience the last two days, and have had quite a few conversations about Footbag with muggles. Apparently, some dudes were watching, and summoned more of their squad to peep me. 9 heads in 3 vehicles. They coached me up when I was done.
Another step closer to my Perfect Form. Anyone know where the Androids are? I'm hungry.

Canada is soon :)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 02 Jun 2016 20:34

Vid is nasty, you're nasty, errything about this post be nasty phat. I thought I had it bad at 91 the past few days, props for even playing at all under those weather conditions. Shred was gnar, your steez gets bigger with every vid I see. Keep going hard.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 06 Jun 2016 12:44

i feel uncomfortable watching you dim walk...imagine once you can hit like pigbeater>smoke.....this year's derek is muuuuuch scarier then this years cav's team ;)
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 09 Jun 2016 18:18

Those are some fantastic words, Dan. Happy to be vile. Summer here is pretty ridiculous, I'd say ~95 is our average. Though, this week has been lovely in the mid-80's. My favesies.
h0ag3yb3atZ wrote:i feel uncomfortable watching you dim walk...
Not sure if that's a grand compliment, or me letting you down :lol: Really like that combo, inspired me to hit Smoke on both sides. I mean, 100*0, is still 0.

All Footbag related. After hitting a Quad Dex, finally, I feel beyond satisfied with my level of play. Everything I've ever wanted, realistically, I can do. Clippers, Toes, Guiltless runs of 20-30 contacts, hit a few 5's, hit a Quad, hit a Fearless Link, Eggs, and Drifters. Fuck, for once feel comfortable saying I'm Guiltless. It's pretty much the best. Don't feel the need to super push my game, more hone things. So you may see a bunch of the same strings I've already caught on film, but I don't care. Percussion and Spark are the epitome of my game, right now. Find myself smiling throughout shred, even when I've dropped 10 times trying something, and I'm swearing near the top of my lungs. Anyways, enough bragging.

Things:
-Smoke BS
-Sailing ss DLO AKA Fracture (Beat me up, but worth it)

Today:
-Butter >P. Mirage >repeat *5
-Drifter and ss Drifter from Toe BS
-Dimwalk >Ducking P. Mirage repeat
-Drifter *3
-Pixie ss Illusion *4 >ss Egg *4 >string (Aleksei's challenge)
-Infinity *10
-(Pixie muted Clipper >Ducking Legover >Pixie muted Clipper >Ducking Legover >PLO) >repeat >(Pixie muted Clipper >Ducking Legover >PLO) >repeat >Pixie muted Clipper >Ducking Leg >drop

Don't plan on doing a routine for USO, unless I can convince Lon to. Footbag life is going to be great for a while. Playing with Nevada county crew this weekend(SkyLon and Loren will be there), playing with Stanford next weekend, Johnny Breakdick and B will be in Sac for a day+, shortly after is USO ventures with Bobs, Hoag, and Lon, and to top it off, Canada. Life.

How about this Penguins game, eh?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 10 Jun 2016 00:25

you should do a routine, purposefully do one with no clippers. Nice work on the 4 dex, that's awesome. I've never hit one.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 Jun 2016 14:54

Danny B: Actually, the only routine I've ever prepped is all toes. Was gonna do it at World's before I got hurt(Practicing the routine so much is what I feel caused my injury, so I'm reluctant to try again). Done it one drop a couple times, and the one drop always came at the end where my final trick was Bladerunner. Depending on who all signs up for routines, I may do it, as there is a small chance I could take 3rd.

Rob and Mob, Steal and Kill

May have convinced Lon to compete at USO. He didn't realize it was a cash prize event. Spent all day Sunday chilling out in Grass Valley with the crew there. Tasia secured us this phenomenal shred spot. It was a big wooden deck, that had a bridge that led to a swimming hole, with 3 waterfalls trickling into it. Hands down the best place I've ever shredded at.

First time I got to meet Randy M, who is damn good. We played here for about 3 hours. Was the best I've ever shredded. Had a bunch of 30 contact Guiltless runs, a couple 40, and one 50-ish Pixie run. So bomb. Not the biggest fan of talking during the circle, but I don't mind it. What really gets to me is when people don't pay attention to the bag. Like, talk all you want, but don't ignore the person who is shredding. Bunch of my runs went unnoticed. Even Loren was super excited when I was one of the only ones who noticed his massive Tripless run. But, oh well. My bag was also the bag of choice. Really pleases me that everyone not only uses my bag, but loves to do so. Took a dip in the water and stretched it out before heading back to Tasia's before round 2.

Tasia is an amazing host. Secured the spot, made a buttload of food, and carried my ass in Frolf (Disc Golf). Went back to her place to eat, watched some Footbag videos and chatted, then decided that some Disc golf was in order. I'm not the best at Disc, and the course here in town is super easy, but I'm game for being outside doing things. The course is hardcore, and Randy and Lon are as good at Disc, as they are Footbag. SO MANY TREES. After, we chilled out for a bit. Skyler and I fucked around with pinecones. First baseball, then hack with them. Then a hack circle broke out. Got up to 5 hacks with 4 people. Then I boasted about 4-square, and challenges were thrown out. Carved out a pretty legit 4-square set up, and game on. They actually know to get the server out and to work as a team. Must be a Cali thing. I won the first game, and had a chance to win the second one, but didn't want the point, so we had a hack-off. Which I lost. Then Lon won the second game. While we were cooling off and prolonging the final departures, SkyLon hit Double Spinning Whipping Rake. Or, as he dubbed it, Double Spun Wake. It was so damn clean, too. On a shitty surface, with some super light hack bag. What a guy. Goodbye's, back to Tasia's, pee, then final goodbyes.

Probably one of my favorite Footbag ventures, and I didn't even have to travel far. Forget how beautiful things are up there near the Yuba River.

Closing thoughts. I really hope to never get asked to join BAP. Mainly cause, without hesitation, I will reject the offer. Not a big fan of the elitism that exists, and fucking Nathan Pipebomb didn't get in, so EFF that. I'm not going to stop trying to get better at Footbag. Don't mean it as BAP isn't worthy, cause I know people strive for it, and keep doing so. Just my opinion, and don't mind me, I'm an imbecile. All I really want is for people to want to play with me, which I'm already doing well at. Having someone tell me that they not only enjoy playing with me, but I push them to do better, is the biggest high I get from Footbag. And it's been happening more and more frequently, even with some of my idols in the game.

Soon, to shred with Stanford, Breakdown, pre-USO crew, USO, and then Canada. Life is fucking fantastic. Much love, homies.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 15 Jun 2016 15:19

Sick write-up yo, really enjoyed it. That shred spot looks dank af, cool for just a regular chill/walking spot too. Looks like some cool shit headed your way with all those events, hope you enjoy and take mad photoz/vids for us. Looking forward to seeing more shreddaginos from yaskiez.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Jun 2016 00:18

How good is that spot. Beautiful. I think the best spot I've played in was in Lausanne, Switzerland. We had travelled all day from pretty well one side of the country to the other (which is not really that far). We had a kick with quite a few people there, then at the end jumped into the lake for a swim, just as the sun was setting into the same lake. That was quite cool.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Jun 2016 06:53

Beautiful shred spot! Thanks for taking pictures and writing it up. Too bad I will miss you at USO. Glad to hear life is treating you well, and that your injury is a thing of the past now.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 11 Jul 2016 12:12

Dan the Man: Thanks, yo. Appreciate ya reading this shizz. 'Twas the dankest, like, whoa. Failed ya on the photos and video of the stuff, thus far. Too busy with shenanigans. Shall try to document things better from here on ;)

Danny B: Oh, damn! Seems mad dope, and then it's twice as dank since it's in Switzerland. Any footage come of that?

Ken: Very much welcome. A bit of a bummer that so many of the close homies couldn't make it this year. Luckily, I feel I will see you before Portland Worlds. One bonus, lack of competitors allowed me snake my way into Finals. Wouldn't say it's a thing of the past, but I'm on top of making sure it's not too much in my future.

My Girl Loves Balls In Her Mouf'

This is going to be boring and pretty straight to the point, so feel free to not read.

A lot has happened since my last post. Shredded with Stanford, which was dope. Got to meet Matt Baker (?), a swell Australian shredder. We played, we came, and we fucking conquered. Got to hear a sweet story of how Footbag got into the X-games when it came to Australia back in the day. A week later, Johnny Breakdown and Brandy had a 30 hour layover in Sacramento, which is 20-ish from my house. Showed up around midnight, raged life, had talks, and then dipped to get some rest. The same day, Brandy was beat, so me and Johnny ravaged some dexes and stalls. Got kicked out of a park, politely, for shredding. Apparently the park was treated as a museum, so physical activity is prohibited. Once we got set up, again, brought devastation to the bags. Johnny had a bunch of fat runs, and one super impressive 20+ run ending in Blurry Whirl. Played almost to my fullest potential. Brandy finally showed her face, went to get Thai food, acted like the classless swine I am, then some final chills in their hotel. What memories we made.

Atom Smasher *8
Bladerunner BSOS
Dimwalk >P DLO >Smog >Atom Smasher BSOS
Smog >Puck repeat

Hogan was staying with Bob, so I figured out a way to borrow a vehicle to make a session at a park near Bobby G's, before our USO venture. What a grand day that was. Good shreds, and then great chills. Bob treated us to drinks, for industrial grade margaritas, which for some reason, cracks me up every time I say it. Then had one of the best burritos I've ever had, before finally having to call it a night. Thursday finally rolled along, and soon, Hoag and Mr. Verde were in my hometown, parked across the street. Actually got to meet my parents, too, which never seems to line up whenever Footbaggers come around. Bongs, bongs, bongs. Like an artic shaman, I summoned snow. Off to Grass Valley to shred with Lon at an epic bridge spot, then hopped in the river below. Got some fresh blackberries from the land. Eventually made the journey to stay in Brian's cabin in Tahoe.

The drive was so cool, with one spot seeming treacherous, but all of the scenery. People travel from all over the world to go to Tahoe. You should, too. We got into town a bit late after getting stuck behind some ambulance that moved at it's own pace, which made finding food a bit of a task. Got some pizzas, then to the cabin to get silly before the 8 hour drive. Darts, Pigs, and some made up games were played, while shots were handed out all night. Sleep. Wake. Drive. The drive was lots of fun, not too boring with the scenery, and not completely silent within the ride. Made a few stops, one mega clutch one for River action, and another to smoke legally in Oregon. Bob was a man-beast for handling it all himself, which I am forever grateful for. Hype became real once we were in Idaho. Penske's was the first stop, and we weren't looking to shred, so chiefed up and went out for foods. Chessed it up with Jim's roommate, and Lon. Lon is pretty damn good at Chess, though I shouldn't be surprised. Neither could fool me, and enemy Kings were assassinated. Jim's pad is pretty nice, dig his set up. After a while, hogan and I were dropped off at Evan's to crash for the weekend. Picked up Anton to hang before Gatesdude took him to the hotel. All of the coaching, and dabs. Night.

Showed up late, but finally got to see all of the peeps. Wasn't the most sideline shred to start, since there was so much competition. My Circle was with Anton and Darryl. Personally, and most people I talked to, thought Darryl beat me to advance to Finals. Turns out I won by a point. Don't feel I earned the spot, but I'll take it. Finally hit Bladerunner in comp(Blade >PLO >Pig >Pixie drop), which was all I cared about. Let the sideline shred begin. Getting in so much shred and chills with Hogan was spectacular. Meeting and playing with Aaron Orton was a treat, and coaching him up blew my mind. Slightly failed at playing a lot during the event, other than comp. Too much partying, not enough sleeping. Plus, the bad eating didn't help too much. Highlight of the weekend was walking by Bevier every so often, and having him say, "fresh out the yard, Derek Littlefield". Swear I've never done time.

The party the first night was at Sunny and Darryl's pad. what a nice house. Fuck. Brick pizza oven in the driveway, too, So pizzas all night. Gatesman thought it to be appropriate to buy a 1.75 Liter of Jager, which was basically killed that night. Coaching in the basement, sneak sessions in a vehicle, and an unexpected random private basement session. Chats with Bobby G while he was kinda trashed was also another great highlight. Dude is poetic with his vulgarity, something I am very fond of. Failed at hanging with everyone a fair amount, missed some great chills with Khoa, Ryan, Justin, Warren, and especially Nick.

Finals day was hectic. I didn't even know I made it to Finals till the day of, and I partied my ass off. Was not expecting that. Kevin and I get some good luck dabs from both of Evan's roommates(Josh and Twig, good guys), and dip. Missed saying bye to Anton, but i'll see him soon. Show up late, unload shizz, and start to get warm. Had a good time in Circle Finals. Felt I played well enough to hopefully earn my spot, and not just shit my pants. The only thing that was a slight drag was everyone filming getting up in my spot of the circle, and the fact that Red kept saying that we were the best players at the event. The other 3, yes, me, not so much. But, I get he can't say that. Had a bunch of great chats with Red, most of which were about fuck what people say, and that if I wanted, to carry the torch Pinkus left behind to greater limits. After talking to him, felt kinda bad about trying to round out my Clipper game. Ha. Need more people like that in life. Comp ended, shred happened, final event coach meeting, and packed away the things.

Party was at the host hotel for shreds and swims. I was beyond pooped, so I swam and then watched people do their thing. Peeps did not want to stop playing, it was great. Wish I could have participated, but my body won the argument. A round of till next time's as most of the people were leaving the next day. Hugs, hugs, hugs. If only Footbag events could last longer. As soon as we got back to Evan's, we all crashed out hard. Kevin and I woke up pretty early, and were soon pacing trying to do things. Evan's sweet lady friend ended up getting sick in the middle of the night, so they had to go to the ER, though, things turned out fine. So to pass the time, Hoag and I initiated our new tradition of Triple Dex Battle. He won overall, but it was a close one. Each person had 2 tries to hit a Triple Dex, first one to 10, wins. Best of 3. We also shredded a little. Drained me of my energy for later.

Shred was set at some park near a fountain. Couldn't find a groove. The mist from the fountain was constant, and cold. Also, for some reason, the ground there killed my legs/feet. Watched the shredders wreck lives with their legs, it was calming. That ended, and the final chills were to be had at Red's pad, cause he lives near some massive hill to watch everything. Went to base, showered, refueled, and coached life. Red's house is fancy, too. And we got to meet his momma. Penske came through, and K-Hoag shared his Super Mario Bros with me. The hill was nice, and we went even higher on some private property that had a sketch walkway. Sprinklers started coming on, and it was hilarious. We got kicked off the property, and had to double back. Jim got nailed in the face, and I got to see Evangela get drilled, as well. We were dying of laughter. Chilled at Red's before peacing out to a hottub for the proper final chills. Hoag offered to take me to the airport since my flight was at 6:30 AM.

Overall, super awesome event. Was cool being able to meet Zeb and Aaron. Watching Kevin make a guy quit his job at a pizza joint. Got some great advice from Justin Dale on clipper and insight on Atomics. Some phenomenal chats with so many people. Particularly one with Evan about how so much gets overlooked in our sport, simply because you are used to someone doing certain tricks, it's written off as easy, and how BOPs aren't given enough respect. They are still 3 ADDs, people. Hate the ADD system all you want, but it's what we have, so judge accordingly. But, who gives a shit, I prefer having fun. Thanks to Red and Darryl for running shizz, and Darryl being a boss at the party. Pizzas and cleaning, what a fella. And thanks to Evan for hosting me in proper fashion. Penske came through, too. Grazie.

Sorry if that was weak.

Now, I'm in Canada until September 11th. It's weird being here and not everything is white, there is actually an abundance of green. There was a cool hippy event here, in London, which we scoped. Got the first shreds in with Zach and Cass. First day got rained out when I was getting into it, and the next day was overcast and windy. Still shredded for a solid 3 hours. Most of my old go-to tricks, before the injury, are coming right back. Went out to grub after, and The Canadian Hero showed his face. Good times. Now to pass the time leveling up, chilling with lovely people, and exploring a foreign land. Hope people want some bags at Cass' event, for I will have some.

Here is Zeb's dank edit of Circle's. Love, peace, and afro grease.
Keep an eye on Bobby G's blog, he should has some fun footage coming soon.

Edit: At the hippy fest here in London, there were people standing giving away free hugs. Some boss ass older lady came up to us and offered hugs. She earlier skipped us, cause I had just taken off my shirt, and was moist. She gave me a fist bump at first, due to being drenched. Then I wooed her into a hug, which said made it a good day for her since she was covered in a man's sweat. Highlight of the weekend.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 11 Jul 2016 19:17

I was at that "Xtreme Games" also. I won the consecutive kicks tournament and thought I was pretty awesome (I was barely able to toe stall at that time, so in terms of freestyle, I wasn't so awesome.

Nice work making finals. Sometimes you feel you don't deserve to be there, but like you said, you just have to take it and go with it. It's more often that you feel like you should be in the next round, but you are on the sideline. Sounds like you've been having a pretty good time lately.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Jul 2016 17:35

Quick Update: Sad

May be a good while before I post again, so figured to get this out of the way. Had to fly back to California cause my cousin OD. Quintoglamous (My favorite nickname) was just 19. His brother was teaching English in Vietnam at the time, and was the last to know. Wasn't sure of my plans, till he called me, asking me to be there. He, and his brother, are the two I'm most close with in my family (My family is massive). Devastating is an understatement. Normally, death doesn't phase me (Big family = lots of death), but this is no ordinary circumstance. Not knowing how to cope, I went to the good ol' fallback, Footbag. Played far too much for not eating/drinking enough. Causing, what I am hoping to be, just a back spasm (Don't wanna deal with another herniated disc). Should hopefully be back in ~3 weeks. Extra bad timing, not only cause Footbag, but I couldn't be around family as much, or hold either of my nephews, though they wanted it. Had to even bail on a family camping trip cause the 3+ hour drive would have too much. For that, I am terribly sorry, Tyler. Won't be able to see him for another year+, and never gave a proper goodbye, as I assumed I was going camping. Fuck. Supposed to fly back to Canada tomorrow night, but unsure if my body is widdit (Sitting KILLS). Should be able to boss it around. Was dominating the dexes, and believe I will be, soon. Life was close to perfection, until all this. Gonna miss helping you with eyedrops, and hacking from time, to time. Apologies for the downer post.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 21 Aug 2017 20:40

On
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless