AlekseyV footblog :P

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Re: AlekseyV footblog :P

Post by brianbear » 14 Jan 2015 11:03

AlekseyV wrote:To be correct, at first i need to learn other standart sets/tricks before any of unusual like legeater :D
standard things are overrated, and i am tired of seeing the same stuff over and over. go ahead and learn legeater, it is a super fun trick and fresh to the eyes.

thanks for your kind words about my xmas calendar video :)

so sad that your reflection on DC and JM was erased by a refresh :(
those two are very inspiring players for sure.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Jan 2015 12:01

Brian is right. Also, those standard tricks are not really going to help you with Legeaters. If you want to do Legeaters, just do Legeaters. :wink:
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 16 Jan 2015 06:46

Warning, it can be dangerous to read

I don't know guys, I am not sure that you're right for 100%, but maybe, i still incline to aspects of dexs. I think that player at first should be pro with standards, and after this he should learn unique tricks. Just my thoughts.

Do you accept the thought, that facebook killed modified?

I love to read old blogs, modified was more than "footbag forum" . I also remember words like "footbag is not modified", but I think that all of you have times when footbag in your brains at first and other things come out from the brain, or just i'm such a freak of this? Now i'm in this, and now can't play, and fuckin pain is back ugh. I really bothered from these pauses.

I noted that i don't want and i didn't want to write some blog on russian, but i have some fun while writting on english, of course with mistakes, but i like it. How i said i also like to read old blogs, Dave's blog as example. i didn't know translation of some words but it's such a interesting thoughts to read. I love watching tv shows and films with english voice and russian subtitles or the many-voiced versions. 80% of my music artists are non russians, i listen
some rap like swollen members, jurassic 5, west side connection, i don't understand what they are talking about, but i like to listen this.

--
How language of music can change your runs? For example I'm and any english speaker play footbag in one circle, eminem on the background music. I hear it like music or just good rap/rhythm, he hears it like something else. Does it change our perception of music?
While we play, or he hear it like rap too, and he don't think about text or main thoughts.

And one more thing i want is to visit USA sometime, you guys, americans guys are riddle for me, your life and other aspects, i think at general it's the same but differs more than a bit. Okay, i'll plan on 2017 for this.
Last edited by AlekseyV on 16 Jan 2015 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 16 Jan 2015 07:40

It is important to know your basics before moving on to harder tricks, but not everyone pushes it to the extreme. There are people who practice Symple Legovers to get better at Eggbeaters and then people who practice Eggbeaters to become better at Eggbeaters.
I've never hit any of these tricks in my life: Symposium Mirage, Flail, Symple Pickup, Symple Legover, yet I've hit shit ton of Eggbeaters, Legeaters, Merlins, Massacres etc.
This may be a mistake, but since it's freestyle, and I don't encourage my methods, it's fine. Choosing your own progression path is important to keep having fun while playing. 8)

As of Facebook, posts disappear very quickly there, as they are buried under new posts. This is a huge disadvantage over a forum.

Rap wise, I was definitely happier when I didn't understand English. If the lyrics start bothering you, just listen to Mike Shinoda kind of rap, where the lyrics are telling a story rather than mashing random swear words together.
It definitely changes the way you play. My friend has a playlist with a couple of song that just repeat phrases like 'Shake that ass, girl' and I just can't play when that song comes up. But, it has a good beat and that's all he cares about. :D

Vojta

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 16 Jan 2015 08:09

I actually just deleted my facebook account and I replaced it with modified :D

I have never been more productive in my life now that it is gone...I hope people on facebook move away from it to here or maybe something else that is new that hasn't been created yet. I didn't like how the posts just disappear into the lengthy abyss of the timeline.

I am convinced that facebook is on its way out, it's just a matter of when.

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 16 Jan 2015 08:12

Add Block wrote:It is important to know your basics before moving on to harder tricks, but not everyone pushes it to the extreme. There are people who practice Symple Legovers to get better at Eggbeaters and then people who practice Eggbeaters to become better at Eggbeaters.
I've never hit any of these tricks in my life: Symposium Mirage, Flail, Symple Pickup, Symple Legover, yet I've hit shit ton of Eggbeaters, Legeaters, Merlins, Massacres etc.
This may be a mistake, but since it's freestyle, and I don't encourage my methods, it's fine. Choosing your own progression path is important to keep having fun while playing. 8)

As of Facebook, posts disappear very quickly there, as they are buried under new posts. This is a huge disadvantage over a forum.

Rap wise, I was definitely happier when I didn't understand English. If the lyrics start bothering you, just listen to Mike Shinoda kind of rap, where the lyrics are telling a story rather than mashing random swear words together.
It definitely changes the way you play. My friend has a playlist with a couple of song that just repeat phrases like 'Shake that ass, girl' and I just can't play when that song comes up. But, it has a good beat and that's all he cares about. :D
the last two sentenses about me for sure, funny to count how much "fuck/ass" will be said in track
:D

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 16 Jan 2015 08:15

christisgodlike wrote:I actually just deleted my facebook account and I replaced it with modified :D

I have never been more productive in my life now that it is gone...I hope people on facebook move away from it to here or maybe something else that is new that hasn't been created yet. I didn't like how the posts just disappear into the lengthy abyss of the timeline.

I am convinced that facebook is on its way out, it's just a matter of when.
i think the same, but really don't know what could replace it :wink:

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 08 Feb 2015 13:53

is it ok to combine footbag with running m?

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 08 Feb 2015 23:17

AlekseyV wrote:is it ok to combine footbag with running m?
It's neutral. Works wonders for some people, other don't need it at all. It's very unlikely to hurt you.

It is a good warmup, but footbag itself is a good warmup. For that reason, I think it would make more sense to run after a footbag session.

Also, don't run as far as you can, if I run more than 5 miles, my legs are too heavy to play footbag. :)

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 09 Feb 2015 05:20

AlekseyV wrote:is it ok to combine footbag with running m?
I'd give it a shot and see how it feels on your shins/joints. I always run on an eliptical when I run as I fear putting any more impact stress on my legs with all the footbag training I do.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 01 Jun 2015 16:15

few month ago i was flaming about 82kg, now it's 92, heh,
I played a bit today, tries to do some blenders

blender x5
pdx blender > blender [bs]
blendex > pdx blender [bs]
foodprocessor [bs]

i found this one today- https://vimeo.com/2580598
never saw it before, also found some videos from USO 2006
it was fun to watch

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 17 Aug 2015 21:07

ps whirl > gyro dlo [bs]
spin pdx whirl > gyro dlo
torque > spin butterfly
ducking osis > rev swirl > spin butterfly

run with gyro dlo, vortex, mullet and whirlwind
symp eggbeater first time

:arrow:
did't hit stepping set after 20+ attempts, thx arthrosis for this :D
(dammit, every time when it happens it make me sad more than in previous time)