Nadiah's Footblog: A Romantic and Mythical Experience (PSU)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Nadiah's Footblog: A Romantic and Mythical Experience (PSU)

Post by Nadiahhh » 22 Jun 2012 17:20

Hello Footbag World! :D

This is my first blog, so let me introduce myself...

My name is really Nadine, but you may call me Nadiah. :) I am 21 years old and I come from a small town in PA called Hamburg. This place is only good for hiking. :P I have this huge crush on Nick Polini :wink: , aka F[uns]tylin' Eclectic, so I have gotten myself into footbag. :D I am only a beginner, but I plan on finding a schedule to kick more often that fits my busy life style.

I've only been kicking a little bit here and there since Nick first introduced me last Spring (like only 5ish times :oops: ). We had an English course together at PSU Berks and for a final project he and I teamed up and did a presentation on teaching footbag. I, at the time, knew very little about footbag, but I liked Nick so much :wink: that I told him I'd learn some basics and help him out on this project. When I started learning the basic kicks and stalls, I realized that I might actually enjoy playing footbag. :D I'm pretty sure Nick was thrilled because he posted a picture of me here on modified around that same time when I showed my initial interest. :) Ever since he initially introduced me to footbag, I've been interested in playing. The challenge for me, though, is finding the time and energy to play, but I think if I try hard enough to make the time, it will happen.

SO anyway! I have been kicking here and there and I want to share some of my highlights :D
Here is what I can do so far!

-inside stalls bsos
-toe stalls bsos
-osis
-clippers bsos
-flapper-clipper bs
-xbd heel stall bs
-and I footed around the world :3

It's not much, but it's a start! :)

I am interested in defining myself as a footbagger with a theme for my tricks. I love Celtic and mythological anything, so I was hoping to discover all of the tricks with names relevant to these subjects so I can learn them and use them in strings. This idea makes me very excited to learn footbag :) Since I am new to footbag, I would appreciate some suggestions of names of tricks that you think would fit my theme :)

I guess that just about wraps up my first blog on modified! I will try to post more regular blogs for you to read if you so desire. Thanks for reading!

OH real quick! I want to add that I attended Nick and Nathan's PSU footbag jam this Spring and I met a bunch of awesome players. I just want to say hello to all of you again! HELLO! :D I had a great time there :)

Okay, I'm leaving now! New posts soon! Bye! :)

Nadiahhh

Last edited by Nadiahhh on 25 Jun 2012 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Nadiah Smith

"Ask and you shall receive"
~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Jun 2012 17:33

Yay!!! This is so cool hun! I love the PURPLE!!!!!

The part explaining our footbag project was adorable! :3

And props again on the highlights. You've been a very quick learner! Mucho impressando, Senorita!

I can't wait to coach you again :) Also looking forward to your next post :)

Also can't wait to try some doubles freestyle with you again :P

I love you! <3

Bye bye :)

Edit: I also hope to bring you to some more footbag jams in the future :)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Jun 2012 18:38

Haha. I saw the title of this thread and for some reason thought Nick might be involved before I saw his name here :P Good work guys. The first mythologically-steeped trick name that comes to mind is Icarus (atomic ducking torque). Another trick name that I really like is Fairytail (fairy scorpion's tail).
Welcome.
Keep it up!

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Post by Nadiahhh » 22 Jun 2012 20:15

Muffinman: I actually came up with the title all by myself :) It sounds like Nick would have helped me with the title because he and I are so similar :wink: lol anyway, thanks for the suggestions! Icarus sounds awesome. And fairytail is perfect for my theme, too. (Nick makes my life a fairytale :) ) It may take me a bit, but I will definitely work towards hitting them :) Thanks again :)

Nick: I love you! <3 lol
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 23 Jun 2012 06:00

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnadiah......

sweet highlights. i challenge you to hit atw both directions both sides and a string with all the basic stalls including clippers...extra style points if you hit those while holding nick's hair back while he pukes :lol:
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Post by Nadiahhh » 23 Jun 2012 06:35

Kevin, I accept your challenge! :twisted:
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Jun 2012 14:04

Erik: That's hilarious that you thought I might be behind this blog when you read the name :P Nadiah and I are just on the same wavelength with a lot of things. We think pretty similarly. Awesome suggestions for the tricks too.

Kevin: Fuck you sir :P

Nadiah, I'm really excited to Skype session with you tonight! Looking forward to coaching you again :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 23 Jun 2012 20:03

I hear you did 50 clippers each side! Props!
John Goode

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Post by Nadiahhh » 23 Jun 2012 20:29

Thanks John! :) You already posted it for me, so now I don't have to! lol

*evil voice*
But yes... let the world know...

I did 50 clippers bs tonight and Nicholas A. Polini watched! :twisted:

It was hard :(

John Goode, you should hang out with Nick and I sometime!

Still working on atw, Kevin! :P

BYE! :D
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 23 Jun 2012 20:38

:)
welcome to modified and glad to see a new footblog.
This is a great place to document your progress ...

You are lucky to have such an enthusiastic player as Nick with you .

I look forward to seeing your progress

Challenge - 100 consecutive kicks using inside and toe kicks
10 knee kicks

Also ...I would check out as much Tina postage as you can find ...her game and form are incredible.
SHRED HARD!

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Nadiah's Footblog: A Romantic and Mythical Experience

Post by Nadiahhh » 25 Jun 2012 19:51

Hey everyone!

I'm just about to head to bed for the night while skyping Nick, of course :P I love him. Anyway...

I kicked tonight with Nick as my coach (I'm so lucky :) ). I basically just drilled the basics like toe stalls, clippers, and inside kicks. However...

I did hit:
:arrow: clipper bsos! :)
:arrow: toe > ss clipper bs
:arrow: clipper > ss toe bs

Toe > ss clipper and clipper > ss toe came very easy to me, which is cool :)
I also worked on consecutive alternate kicks and atw. I feel as though I might be slowly getting better. My toe stalls and clippers are so easy now. :)

Mark: I worked on consecutive kicks tonight, but didn't get anywhere near 100 :P lol I will keep trying though! Each day it will get easier :) And I agree, I am lucky to have Nick as my coach :)

Okay, it's time for bed now! If I forgot anything I'll add it later :P

Goodnight, Footbag World! :)
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Jun 2012 20:23

Drop and give me 50!!!! .... Toe Stalls :P

I love you too hun :)

Great job tonight Nahds :) You got the one side of Toe> ss Clipper on the first try too! That was sweet!

I had fun being your coacher over Skype... Or as I like to call it, "Skoachyper" :wink: I'm excited to have a real session with you soon though! I can't wait to see your progress in person! Gonna blow me away yo!

You're really progressing quickly, dontchaknow? Your clippers were pretty decent last session and during tonight's session, as soon as you were starting clippers, I seem to remember Clipper> Handcatch rpt x5 or so. Hell yeahhh! You'll get much more toe stalls next session, trust me, that's how this thing that we call footbag works :) Progression comes to those who persevere and I know you have awesome perseverance and crazy nice positivity.

I see good things in your future as a footbag player.. and good things in our future as a couple :)

So glad you decided to sit next to the weird kid with purple hair in Molecular Bio Lab 2 years ago :) And then you take up an interest in my favorite activity/sport and let me be your coach? You're the coolest girl in the world... for many other reasons than just footbag :wink:

Sleep well <3
Nick Polini

Funblog

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 26 Jun 2012 07:02

this blog makes ME wanna puke. Stop being so adorable you phreaks. :P

Props on 50 clips Nadiah. Have you hit mirage? Thats a pretty satisfying trick to hit.

Looking forward to your progress, and seeing you get better than Nick!
Doug Tank

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Post by Nadiahhh » 15 Jul 2012 19:35

HEY WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY?!?

I haven't posted in over 2 weeks, I think? I don't know... I don't feel like checking, but it's about time I've updated you folk! :D

Right now I am sitting at my laptop with an ice pack under my right knee while typing this post to you. I just got out of the shower from a pleasing practice, in fact, and felt inclined to blog about it. Shh... be patient! I'll tell you about it soon...

But first... an elaborate story! :D

Now that I'm getting better at managing my time, I usually practice 3 to 5 times a week for an hour or two. Sometimes they last shorter when work takes a toll on my body. I do manly landscaping at my one job at PSU Berks, and I'm weak, so I usually finish the work day with some sort of sprain, pulled muscle, or cut. The pay sucks on top of that. Nick knows all about that :P haha. Sorry, Nick! Anyway...

So, the passed few weeks I've been practicing toe stalls, inside stalls and kicks, clippers, clipper > toe stalls, atw, toe > ducking toes, spinning toe/gyro clippers, and mirage... that's a lot! For me at least :P

Here is what I've accomplished since my last post:

:D more clipper > toe stalls bs
:D clipper bsos again
:D toe > ducking toe 2x (from right to left)
:D atw bs (strong side 13x flipside 3x)
:D miraging toe pound... 3x SO CLOSE!

The toe > ducking toes were hit last week along with two of the miraging toe pounds and clipper business. I went to visit Nick at PSU this last weekend and I had a session there with him. That's when he introduced me to mirage. I couldn't hit it at first and I got really upset. The next day I practiced I got close to it with the miraging toe pounds. At this point in time, I was home again. So close but yet so far to hitting mirage! During that session with Nick I was also introduced to spinning toe/gyro clippers but I need more practice with those.

::Aside::
When I practice with Nick I get very shy, even though I know he isn't judging me at all. Sometimes I get overly frustrated and throw a little fit in front of him and that just makes me feel stupid -_- I think I react this way with him because I don't feel good enough to play in front of anyone yet. I feel as though my audience is expecting a "jolly good show" and I get stage fright because I know I'm not at that stage yet to perform well. I'm hoping I can get over this fear and learn that nobody is judging me badly and that they want to help me get better. I know Nick loves to watch me play though :) I basically wrote this aside so I could formally apologize to Nick for acting out so immaturely (sometimes :P lol) and I want to thank him for putting up with it and continuing to teach me :) He's a great coach.. the best I've ever had. The best I've ever had as a boyfriend, too <3 Thanks for always believing in me, baby <3 I love you <3

SOOOOooo.. in tonight's session... I hit ATW 13x strong side and 3x flipside!!!!!!!!! I'm very happy about that. I wasn't even planning on practicing atw tonight. Funny how I hit it fairly easily! Kevin, I am getting close to defeating your challenge! :twisted: I also hit the 3rd miraging toe pound tonight. After I hit all of the atw's, I tried mirage again like I've been this passed week. I am having trouble getting my dexing leg to the ground fast enough so that I have time to lift my toe stall foot off the ground to seal the trick. Sigh. I should be able to hit it once I get the footing at a faster pace though. That's good to know. :) As soon as I hit that miraging toe pound, though... I pulled something behind my knee in my toe stalling leg :( I'm not sure how bad it is, but it hurts to bend my leg now :( Hopefully the ice helps. Work will suck tomorrow if I can't walk and bend my leg right :( BUT! I am still happy that I've been able to accomplish all of these tricks these passed few weeks! Nick is an awesome coach like I said earlier and I think I'm learning fast because of him :)

Oh also, I have most of the ATWs on video that I will edit at some point and maybe post here :P

So with that note I will end my post! I'm heading to bed. Have a great day/night wherever you are!! Thanks for reading!

~Nadiah

Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jul 2012 20:00

Might I just add one tasty tidbit of information? Nadiah hit all of those ATWs (including flipside) within about 10-13 minutes. I was severely impressed. Jaw literally dropped when I read here text lol That was really amazing, hun :) You're doing so well with footbag, it's crazy that you're having this many highlights in just one session.

You hit more ATWs (on both sides) in 10 minutes than I hit in a year :oops: My girlfriend is going to get better than me at footbag wahhh! :cry: :P

You've been killin it lately, Nahds! I can tell there is a new shredita emerging in the footbag community. I can't wait til I'm allowed to watch you play :P haha And cute little apology there :) It's ok, apology accepted! <3 I know how frustrating it can be... been there done that. Anyone on modified who has hit atw bs can back me up. You're working through it though, which is awesome :)

Can't wait to see what you'll hit next session!

Thanks for the kind words about me being a great coach *blushblush* I just enjoy teaching as much as I enjoy playing :)

I hope your leg heals up quick! Looking forward to that footage and more!

I love you too, Nahds <3

Sleep well :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 15 Jul 2012 20:31

Glad to hear that your still enjoying playing...I'm short of sleep and feeling wacky but I have to mention some random thoughts . Please take these as a friend tryin to help .

1. As far as mirage Help ( Im not sure exactly what toe pound is )
It's not about speed at all ....its about correct timing and performing the trick properly ... For mirage ...set from toe ....immediately close off hip and while opening that hip push off support leg to catch bag ....foot should touch ground at the same time as you catch the stall . I'm not an expert on this , but still giving some advice
2. ***** stop doing anything and everyhing that is causin you injury ... You are too early of a player to be icing your legs , Advance players have ended there footbg for good doing moves incorrectly . Freestyle takes an incredibly hard toll on the body so you have to be smart about it ... Learn the BASIC kicks and delays and keep pushing learning but AVOID any sort of pounding .
3 read vasek manual ..... ( I need to also )
4 you and nick Rock
5 . Whatever you are doin to need ice you need to stop .....if you don't ... Your legs will be punished over time and you don't want to be hurting walking because u fucked up a trick .
6 ice rest
7 keep pushing
8 I sometimes come across harsh and I only mean to offer help
9 challenge ----heal and play again :)
SHRED HARD!

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Re: Nadiah's Footblog: A Romantic and Mythical Experience (P

Post by Nadiahhh » 22 Oct 2013 16:02

Ahem... *cough cough*

Hello, again, footbag friends. I have returned. 8)

More posts soon to come, maybe. :P

That is all. Good day. :D
Last edited by Nadiahhh on 23 Oct 2013 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Oct 2013 16:12

Hai :3 You're back!!!! :D
Nick Polini

Funblog

Nadiahhh
Circle Kicker

Post by Nadiahhh » 22 Oct 2013 16:15

The colors don't seem to be working... hmmm.. this may play a role in me not posting on here lol :P
Nadiah Smith

~Abraham Hicks

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Oct 2013 16:19

they work in private messages
Nick Polini

Funblog