Ryan's Footblog: JOULUKALENTERI 2018!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Ryan's Footblog: JOULUKALENTERI 2018!

Post by Ryan_Morris » 15 Dec 2018 23:48

Hi guys! I'm having fun in Vegas! After some advide about atomic sets from Kemmer, I hit omelette for the first time!!!!

I didn't really do my best in circle, but I got to kick with Penske in competition and Skyler on the sidelines, so I'm pretty happy!
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 16 Dec 2018 01:36

Nice work on the atomics and excellent work on the Joulu. I find circle one of the hardest to compete in, or moreso to be able to bring your best game to the competition. Last time I competed in Circle (Worlds in Denmark), I put a lot more thought into my runs, had a bit of a plan on how to start each run, and this really helped me. Though in the end I got mixed up between my plans of routine, circle, shred 30 blah blah blah.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 02 Feb 2019 18:57

Hey. Hi. I haven't posted in a while because...I don't really know. Maybe it's because I fell so far behind on reading other people's blogs since Joulu took up so much of my free time. Reading footblogs makes me want to post, but once I fell out of that habit there was no compulsion to write things. Fortunately, talking with Zach Jahner after today's session brought the footblogging spirit back. Admittedly, I still haven't caught up on all the other blogs here. But I will soon!

I'm optimistic that Michigan Footbag's session attendance will be strong this year. We've set a consistent schedule of Saturday 3pm and Sunday 1pm every weekend to make it easier for everyone to plan ahead and (hopefully) show up more often. It seems to be working so far!

Adam, Zach, Jay Moldenhauer, and I had a great time today. Zach wasn't kicking regularly last year, but he's made it to a session 4 weekends in a row so far this year! He's feeling good and bringing his game back up to speed. Jay was also a rare sight in 2018, but after just a couple weeks he says he's feeling more limber and fit. Adam had a knee injury before New Years Jam that kept him from playing 100%. Now he's at least 90% of his pre-injury self :wink: Sadly, Sean sprained his ankle a few weeks ago and is still resting and rehabing :(

For my part, New Years Jam and the first few 2019 sessions have energized me! I feel motivated to practice and push through the frustration :D

Here's some highlights from the last several times I've kicked:
:arrow: pixie muted ss clipper > stepping ss clipper > good string
:arrow: stepping ss osis BS
:arrow: symple magellan
:arrow: toe drifter > blur
:arrow: gyro mirage > drifter
:arrow: stepping op pickup > parkwalk BS
:arrow: pixie muted clipper > zulu clipper BS
:arrow: blur > smudge BS
:arrow: pixie ss illusion b2b, where the set was super close to my body and the illusion dexes were clean ^_^
Ryan Morris

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Pixie challenge

Post by C-Fan » 04 Feb 2019 07:44

Nice highlights, and good to see you posting here again.

Challenge: as many unique pixie tricks linked together as you can. On video.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 05 Feb 2019 15:08

yep, good to see you posting, these are some great highlights. It's really good to have a regular kicking place, it means if other people stumble upon it, you can just tell them, we'll be here again next week.

Doesn't suit my current schedule at all (or the fact nobody else is playing at the moment), but I do hope one day to have a regular session running.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Feb 2019 05:00

Nice, Ryan, though I'm surprised since watching you play in person and video seems like you could hit those highlights on command. Really enjoy hearing about your progression. I request more video!

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 15 Feb 2019 08:24

Update from the porcelain throne!

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Erik, some of those highlights were easier than others, but a lot of things I post clips of are still not consistent. My IG videos make me look better than I really am because I only post the best stuff. I don't have Dan's confidence to include all the drops :wink:

For example: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtuG3a5lGAU ... qmq27tvavy
I'm very happy with that, but everything here took a lot of tries to hit even once.

Still working in the great white Michigan north during the week. Had a good session at the gym Tuesday that ended with 31 guiltless! Kicked again yesterday but couldn't do much of anything. Woke up today and realized I caught a cold, so that explains my lack of energy.... Unfortunately, I volunteered to work through the weekend ahead of this big demo for a bunch of executives and important people.
Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 15 Feb 2019 14:10

I don't care if those links took more than one take because less than a year ago I don't think you could have done those with all of the takes in the world. Holy shit development! Really looking good homie, and as I mentioned before I love seeing that MI flavor in your style. Keep going.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson