1974, year of the Curtain

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nathan8
Shredaholic

Re: ~MetZelRio~ GTG is inspiring better shred

Post by Nathan8 » 05 Sep 2015 10:19

I would like to trade my blenders for yours. I think you have spender blenders. The blender in your last video was last second/downtime, which is great! It will probably make harder blender tricks easier for you. I predict spender as your first 6.

boyle
Post Master General

Re: MetZelRio Video Blog

Post by boyle » 20 Sep 2015 14:47

Nice work with the pdx whirl, they look pretty smooth.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 20 Sep 2015 15:35

Three comments concerning this most recent video. First, based on how easy DLO has become for you, I really think you should start trying combos with Pdx DLO (if you're not already). I've found that as long as I place the set near my opposite hip they really aren't all that much more difficult. Second comment is based on a conversation I had with Cory earlier about toe whirl; Do you point your toe when you pdx whirl or do you pull your toes up like you would for atw/toe stall? He recommended I pull my toes up. Third comment is just a Drill I thought you might like, Pdx Mirage>Toe Whirl>Rpt.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: Inspired by Nick Polini Vs His Feet Video

Post by MetZelRio » 21 Dec 2015 10:43

Sick three inspired by Nick Polini Vs his Feet
Last edited by MetZelRio on 21 Dec 2015 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Dec 2015 10:56

Love that sick 3 at the start.

Hey have you seen Ott Boggly lately?

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 21 Dec 2015 10:58

I've heard Ott Boggly wants to run the Joulukalenteri next year, and No, I'm not kidding.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 21 Dec 2015 14:11

Nice combo! I'm all for Ott playing Santa next year.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 22 Dec 2015 12:51

baller sick three
Makes me go yipee
Ott Boglee
has been gone from the seen
but i heard hes goin to be
the runner of the next Joulukalenteri
and make everyone happy

The last session I had with chris, I was trying to hit paradon swirl inspired by you. Didn't hit it though. Too bad you are not going to be at New Years Jam this year.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Dec 2015 13:56

That first link requires a lot of balance I'd imagine. Sick combo

Glad I'm not the only one haunted by the occasional 'whatever spinning clipper' :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 24 Dec 2015 06:10

Boatz, that was a great comment, thank you, very thoughtful! I read it three or four times. Hit that Paradon swirl for me =)

Vojta, I'm so consistent with spinning clipper, I was just in a hurry, so that's why the whatever that we share. Your inside wraps are ruling.

Ken, I just about can do that link flip. The hardest part is the flip pixie, the rest is just consistency.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: 2016 yeah of the MetZelRipstein

Post by MetZelRio » 08 Jan 2016 06:13

A couple of days ago, I hit my first Ripstein. One of, if not my ultimate dream trick.

I hit it ten times the next day, and then one time today on my short sesh.

I have changed a MAJOR thing about my game, and I believe 2016 will be my year in several aspects of footbag.

I want to make some more friends in this sport. I've got a few real close friends here, but I'd really like to make several more real true blue friends.

I want to make it to a minimum of 3 tournaments/jams.

I am also (censored, due to the element of surprise)

I am working on my consistency with basics, and I am continuing to work on form, and endurance.

I would like to make 3 really meaninful contributions to footbag, video wise. 1. I'd like to host Joulukalenteri. 2. I'd like to release the second video in the MetZelRio films series. 3. I'd like to release Addlink.

I'd like to learn how to stitch bags.

I'd like to sponsor a few young upcoming players and perhaps a couple of seasoned players who are BAPward or equivalent.

My Goodness. i've got a full plate, and I'm not even finished yet.

Here's the video of my first Ripstein.

Derek
Fearless

Re: 2016 yeah of the MetZelRipstein

Post by Derek » 08 Jan 2016 08:19

Footbag boner!!! Looking more fit, good sir. Hope to be seeing you on one of your travels for the year. If you have any secret viddy that you don't want to share with people, please share with me :D Bet your game is getting HOT.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

acxel22
Post Master General

Re: 2016 year of the MetZelRipstein

Post by acxel22 » 08 Jan 2016 11:08

amazing first ripstein!
Mathieu Gauthier

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 08 Jan 2016 13:13

Awesome stuff with the ripstein. It's a great trick to learn. Looking forward to see what you come up with for the calendar.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 15 Jan 2016 09:45

Derek, Thank you bruzzle, I am on my way to athletic, but not much more than you saw me before.

Mathieu, Thank you man! I love your symple rev swirls.

Daniel. Thank you so much! and I am learning it still. Flipside soon.

Today's sesh: I am injured still. I was when I hit that first Riparooney. I am just about recovered. I am not doing high impact stuff which hurts me. Swirl, Rev Swirl, Osis, RIpstien, Rake are all things I've been working on while i'm not really able to shred.

I hit 8 Ripstiens today for a career total of 30 some were great, some weren't so great. I caught three of them on video before my camera died. Here is number 23, 24 and 25.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jan 2016 18:19

Damn, Paul. The Ripsteins are looking so good! That's too funny that you're keeping a count on them. I used to do that with flipside! It's quite a road to learn flipside. I'm just starting to get them. As soon as you recover fully, definitely try a few on flip.

And don't think I've abandoned you on our "get fit or die" agreement. I'm still cranking away at it every night. I'm with ya, dude. Keep pushing it, and so will I.

I love how much you love Ripstein. It's such a lovely trick. I love RIpstein.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: 1974, year of the Curtain

Post by MetZelRio » 20 Jan 2016 15:31

Yesterday I hit Swirl > Ripstein & Rev Swirl > Ripstein.

Today was a rest day. Much needed because I was getting sore, and I don't want to keep playing everyday to the point where my level goes down because of soreness. Rest is good, beleive that! Maybe one day I can be like Scott and play for 7 million days straight.

My back injury is almost completely better. I was able to do a few light flip side stuff like swirl and actually, I did a pdx mirage which isn't exactly light, plus there's that hip/spine twisting element to it, and it wasn't painful, yet not totally comfortable, so I'm getting there. Flip Ripsteins coming soon, oh how I will sauce you.

Last January I had a life changing, eye opening experience that I'll never be the same again afterward. Another one of those happened this January. I'm becoming someone majorly better and majorly different than I ever was before. I'm so unique. We all are, obviously. We play Freestyle Footbag.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 27 Jan 2016 01:55

Have you tried/done revstein (double rev swirl). That would be awesome. Sounds like you're killing it so far this year, awesome stuff.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 27 Jan 2016 02:21

I haven't tried that. Ive seen Benda and Polini do it, and I'd like to hit it. I wonder if rev swirling can be utilized as a set. It doesn't seem to roll off smoothly like swirling set does. Yeah man, 2016 is the year it all changes for me. I'll never go back to the old Paul. The old Paul was Cruel, the old Paul was indoctrinated, the old Paul was clueless. I've got a clue, and now I'll solve the riddles of my life. Bring on the cognitive dissonance. It is an alarm to how blinded I am now. Open the eyes. System failure. Rage against the machine. Set the captives free.