AnzBlog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Anz
Anssi Sundberg

AnzBlog

Post by Anz » 08 Jan 2014 02:45

What!?

Footblog?

Again?

It seems like that.

A few weeks ago I was randomly reading my old, old footblog, and now for the past couple days I've had this thought in my head "Why not blog again?" I've been advicing people quite a lot lately on my training methods, so I might as well start blogging them, if people really are interested.

The last entry I made in my old blog was in 2006 before I went to serve in the army. This is like the fourth footblog I start... But I don't want to continue my old blog, because I don't want 8 year old things to come back to haunt me.

A little presentation might be in order:
My name is Anssi Sundberg, born in 1987 (age 26 now). I live in Turku, Finland. I started freestyle sometime in autumn 2003 (10 years now), the time is hard to pinpoint, because the transition from just hacking is kinda vague. Been playing mostly on my own since 2006. Won my first tournament, the Finnish champs, in 2008. Bapped as the Accelerator in 2009. Best performance competition-wise is second place in both Circle and Routines at Worlds 2011. That should pretty much cover the main points.
If you still have no clue who I am, here's a very old video: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/-18328

The past couple years have been quite broken for me footbag-wise. Actually the last tournament I was in top physical shape was Worlds 2011 in Helsinki. After that there's been injuries, partying, stomach flue...
During 2013 I didn't do a single training program, which I had been doing since 2007, and I'm pretty sure the hours I used on footbag were lower than on the previous couple years. Now I've started to do planned sessions again, and I plan on blogging about them.

For the past few years I've been quite shy to talk about what I'm practicing and how. None of the top players really talk about training. And yet I find myself quite often chatting with someone on Facebook or answering to a PM here on Modified, telling them how they should practice something. It would benefit more people, if I just wrote stuff down here. I think I'll bring up some cases that I've dealt with, and how I've adviced them. But also if any of the readers wants to talk about something, feel free to post.

I kept having seconds thoughts about this during the entire time I typed. But I guess I'm really going to start footblogging again... Let's see how this works out.

Bang bang.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: AnzBlog

Post by Asmus » 08 Jan 2014 03:15

I am excited about you having a blog here.
And I am sure a lot of people will benefit from it.

Welcome back buddy!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jan 2014 07:14

Very excited to see you blogging again.

If you're taking requests, I'd love to get some advice on developing a proper furious set.

I'd also be curious to hear what your strategy is when competing in circle comp.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 08 Jan 2014 09:21

Great to see you back in blogging action, hope it gets some more of the best in our sport putting their thoughts down on here. The more people actively blogging, commenting, advising, playing and building up scenes, all while sharing their experiences on it, the better.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 08 Jan 2014 10:45

Thanks guys. I'll give Furious and Circle comp their own posts at some point.

This entry might be a little confusing. I want to talk a little about training programs in general, my history with them, and my current program. But I also have to point out some other things, for something to make sense, so the text might seem inconsistent at times.

Right now I don't have a clear long term plan for the future footbag-wise. Euros will be in my home town this summer, and I'm the freestyle director, so at least I'll be there. Otherwise there's no tournament in sight now that I'd attend.

Winter is the best time to be doing training programs, because there are not many tournaments, so you can concentrate on just practicing. And playing indoors is kind of lame already, so doing a preplanned session won't make it any worse. Although I'm sometimes absolutely fed up with a program, especially if it's physically demanding and the sessions end up being close to three hours long. But keeping in mind that it pays off eventually gets me through it.
The training program I'm doing now may seem extreme. And it is quite physically demanding. It takes quite a while to go through it, almost to long. It's not usefull to have long sessions. The longer you play, the lower your energy level gets and the harder it gets to actually learn what you're practicing. And the longer it takes to recover.

When I started doing training programs they weren't very extreme. I've always had the same layout to plan them on. Single tricks, links and combos.

Five years ago a training program ment practicing single tricks like Ripstein, Grifter, Fog, Scorpion's Tail... Links like Whirr > Blurrier, Spinning Whirl > Fury... and combos (mostly drills) like Rubberman, Blubberman, Xanabox.
Single tricks I usually do worth 10 good tries both sides, links somewhere between 6 and 10 bs and combos 3 to 5 times (bs if they don't repeat). Now the beauty of the training program sessions is that you can totally suck on that praticular day. You don't have to hit that Nemesis you're practicing - not even once. What's important is that you're getting good tries on it, something that will make you better at it eventually.
I usually do each program 6 to 10 times. Of course more would be better, but that would neglect all other concepts of my game too badly. I always just plain suck at casual shred after doing a program. It takes a couple sessions to get your freestyle back into gear. But a month later you notice that your basic game is back where it was - and you're better at the stuff you decidated two week for.

The last training program I did in October 2012 had
-Blurry Tap, Symp Flurry, Bubba Butterfly, Rev Swifter
-Superfly > Stepping Whirl, Pdx Torque > Bedwetter
-Blur > Legbeater > Blizzard > Dimwalk > rpt, DLO > Pixie ss Pickup > Eggbeater > Atomsmasher > rpt
which would have been just absolutely stupid five years ago. Most of the stuff would have been way above my league. On the other hand I hadn't hit Blurry Tap even once before I started that program, but I got it fairly consistent and was able to hit some links with it a month after having I finished the program. Shows I knew I was ready for it.

I'm not much of a trick hunter - I'm more into hard links than tricks. But I've never invented a trick, and naturally would like to. Also hitting a 5dex would be quite something. So if I'd have to name some vague goals for the future, inventing a 5dex might be one of them. But I don't want to invest much time in it. That means I don't want to spend ten whole sessions in front of the camera trying to hit it.
My current training program has Symposium Furious Matador in it. Ten good tries per side per session. I don't expect to hit the trick even once during the six session I'm using for the program. But If I can get the set somehow consistent, I could try to squeeze out Symp Furious Tapping Double Down, which is 5 dexes and no-one has hit before.

Another single tricks I have in my program, that might seem quite stupendous is Triaging ss Legover. I've had it in a couple previous programs too, but I still haven't hit it once (been close though). The only reason I give it ten good tries a session is that it's very good practice for Triages and Triple Pickups. I don't really even try to hit the Legover nowadays. The idea is just to get the three dexes and plant the foot while the bag is still up in the air. It's good practice, and actually who came up with this was Ales, when I talked about practicing for Quad dex with him.
Quad Mirage is another distant goal for me, and practicing Triaging ss Legover should bring it closer to reality. It's also another trick I don't push myself for - it'll come eventually.

Now that's why I wrote that my current program may seem extreme. But it's not all just single tricks that I can't even hit. And I don't recommend just anybody practicing tricks that are stupidly hard - you need to have a good reason for them. Practicing Nemesis to get better at Blurriest might seem to make sense at first, because the footwork for Nemesis is harder - but you need to have a really good Furious set for Nemesis. I might agree that practicing Blurriest to get better at Barfly would make some sense... it depends. Let's just say I don't recommend using this method with standard tricks. [EDIT: Barfly and Blurriest are standard tricks btw! Triaging set is not.]
Both the Symp Fission set and Triaging set are quite physically demanding. And I'm playing on concrete. This gives your legs quite a beating. I already had to take the whole December off to heal my shin splints, that I had developed practicing a lot of Symp Flurry in October and November.

My current training program is
-Blurry Drifter > Sunilwak x6 bs
-Scorp > Bedwetter x6 bs
-Smog > Slapping Mirage x6 bs
*Symp Furious Matador x10 bs
*Bubba Butterfly x10 bs
*Triaging ss Legover x10 bs
*Delusional ss Legover x10 bs
-Blur > Atomic Whirl > Blizzard > Dimmiest > rpt x3
-Xanabox x3
[EDIT: Those are all separate times. For example Xanabox three times with a short rest between them. Just want to make that clear.]

Delusional is also a set I've never practiced before, and I'm not so sure if I should have included it in this program. But it something that should help my overall game, and I won't stress about getting consistent in it. But it would make some new links, like Blurry Tap > Delusional ss Illusion...
The links and drills are pretty basic stuff, something to balance the session. Blurry Drifter > Sunil being probably the hardest of the links. I've never cared much for Drifter links. But you got to practice stuff you don't like.

Today I had second session of this program. I'm going to do six of them altogether, and then plan a new program.
Got the highest sets for Symp Furious Nuclear so far. Still miles away from just hitting it to anything though, the footwork is just plain hard. Gonna be sore tomorrow.

Alright this entry is too long already. Probably better I don't write about programs anymore for now. I'm not sure if everything came out the best possible way, but I hope some of it made sense.
Last edited by Anz on 08 Jan 2014 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Jan 2014 13:34

I'm gonna be on this like white on rice. Looking forward to keeping up with it.

I've successfully completed one month of one of Anssi's programs a few months back. I can vouch for 2 things he mentioned:

1) Your shred will feel awful for the first few sessions.. just trust the process..
2) These programs work so well. Better than I imagined. After I got my shred going again, I noticed some amazing, somewhat unbelievable improvements in my shred.

If you're serious about getting better at footbag, I suggest you develop a training program like Anssi's and stick to it.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Jan 2014 15:45

Some things:
1) This is awesome. Thank you for sharing your methods!
2) I will also be following this religiously
3) How long are your training sessions? Like 1-1.5 hours? Less?
4) I was just thinking about messaging you privately to get personal advice for how to train my game. Would you be willing to do that, or are you trying to avoid that now in place of the blog?

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 08 Jan 2014 19:55

what erik said.

anz tricks was the first time i saw footbag and made me want to play originally. thanks for that. your game is dope.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 09 Jan 2014 00:55

Nowadays if I have a session without any program it's around 45...90 min long.

My programmed sessions tend to be 2...3 hours. Like the one I'm doing now has taken me 2,5 h to complete (including warm up) both times I've done it now.
Having long session has pros and cons. My energy level is quite low at the end every time. That's why I always start with a different object on the list, so I'm not always doing the same thing first, and the same thing last. That way everything on the list gets treated equally. I didn't mention this in my last post, so it's good this was brought up.
The session ending up being so long is mostly because of the single tricks. It takes me a long time to go through them, because my average trick attempt ratio is about 2/min. Getting ten good tries with tricks I'm not good at usally takes about 20...50 tries, so getting 10 good tries on Symp Fissioning Butterfly might take 20 min. Four single tricks on the list could take over an hour.
The session being so long is not the most beneficial for the muscle memory, nor for the muscles. But I wouldn't play on the next day anyway, so it's sort of a compromise. More content, longer recovery time.

I'll get to the details of the structure of the programs in some other post. For now I want to write about the tutorial videos now, that they were brought up.

It's nice to hear the tutorial videos I made being helpful to someone. Especially since it was pretty coincidental that I ended up doing them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzTrikz/videos

In early 2005 I was badgered by the lack of video footage of single tricks online. So I decided to film some tricks, and give pointers on them. Because of so many requests I ended up doing a big part of todays popular videos. The first set of videos I did were quite poor in quality, but there were no High Definition cameras back then (nothing sensibly priced at least). Also I didn't do much planning ahead, or really knew what good pointers to give on most of the tricks. That set can still be found on footbag.org, although if I could, I'd get them off the Internet right now.

The second set I did in 2009 were more carefully planned, and are still online on the Anz' Trikz youtube channel. Still the production was quite lame, still no HD, edited with Windows Movie Maker, and I filmed the footage in my parents shed with just a clotch on the background to have a more neutral look. The videos were planned more carefully though. But what I regret now is going along with the Descriptive System, which turned out to be rejected by the majority of the community. Now newbies who stumble upon the tutorial videos will be confused by the names. I even postponed the release of the whole set of the tutorial videos, to wait for the release of the DS.

I guess what you could call as the third set was done in 2013, although it was just three videos. I filmed these videos with Jay around the summer and autumn. The actual shooting process wasn't very well planned ahead, but the context was given some thought - and I didn't have to do it alone this time. I still used WMM to edit the footage, which isn't a total nightmare in the end, because tutorial videos don't need anything fancy. Something else that was different too was that I made the music myself this time, as I had Kevin Regamey make the music for the previous videos. What's gotten better with the newest videos is that I've been able to film in HD. Also what I consider an improvement is the narration (and the subtitles that YouTube supports for the narration). I would have liked to do it earlier as well, but with a Finnish accent it's just better not to. Luckily I had mrs Boychuk available to do it.

I would like to do more of these. For example redoing the basic single trick videos with the traditional trick names is something I want to do at some point. Some Improvements that I would like to make in my tutorials are
-more professional on-set production, like lighting and camerawork.
-graphics on video, like arrows pointing out where the viewer should focus watching, or dotted lines to follow the footbag trajectory in slow motion clips, etc.

If anyone has feedback or requests regarding the tutorials, I'm all ears.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Jan 2014 14:41

I feel that more important than "HD quality" (not always necessarily great quality) is smooth and clear high speed slow motion so that the movements can be clearly followed. There's nothing worse than that stuttery slowmo that doesn't do anything to help clarify what you're watching. I was surprised that your recent videos didn't have this since I know you've done super crisp high speed slowmo in the past. I think that should be an absolute top priority.

Here's an example comparison of what I mean:
Anz Tricks slowmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPBAbyUr3Jw
Kevin's Norek high speed slowmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VdTmLw7VM

Both are 1080p, but Kevin's is high speed. And I remember you and Jay made a few videos where you did high speed slowmo NOT in HD and it still looked better when slowmoed. I hope that's helpful :)

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 10 Jan 2014 02:50

High-speed slow motion truly is quite nice. Especially for tutorials, because it makes it easier to catch everything that's happening.

Sadly my camera can only film low quality high-speed footage. And watching that after seeing HD footage is quite painful. Also high-speed requires good lighting. I did film high-speed clips for my previous tutorials, and they worked alright with the standard quality footage I filmed with another camera.

The drill videos we made with Jay didn't need any slow motion, although filming outside in the sun would have made it possible to film in HS. But I don't want to put in slow-motion replays just because it's cool.

The Advanced sets video we made could have used high-speed replays of all the sets. But the facility didn't make it possible to get good enough footage in HS.

I'd like to do Advaced Sets 2, that would cover sets like Swirling, Bubba, Delusional, and other sets (requests are considered!) that we left out from the previous video. If it's possible, I'll definetly include HS footage this time.

I need to add, that especially with an advanced move tutorial - a video with a target audience of advanced players - the most imporant part is verbal tips, because the players looking into learning these moves should be able to figure out the right set height, leg motion, footwork, etc. themselves. And this can be done without seeing any super slow motion videos. A few pointers should be enough to guide on the right track, and the rest is just hard work.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 10 Jan 2014 04:43

Very excited about this blog and trying to get back into this game and be better than I was. Thanks anssi
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Furious set tips

Post by Anz » 12 Jan 2014 02:50

Furious

Barraging (or Furious) set is definetly my favourite uptime component in footbag. I've practiced this set A LOT. And by that I mean a shitload. But still I need to get better at it.

How I'd describe Furious, and how I would advice people to start practicing it is either "Quantum Stepping" or "Stepping Quantum", the two dexes should be visualised happening more or less at the same time, although they don't in reality. It's more or less a small, fast Quantum set happening under the thigh.

It doesn't take much to get the hang of how the dexes go. What the set really comes down to in the end is the golden mean of footwork and set height.

Usually ones first trick hit with Furious set is Janiwalker, done with the highest set the player can do with their poor Furious, to a hasty Butterfly. It's usually far from the golden mean.

The golden mean between footwork and set height means that you don't put all the effort in the first half of the trick and try to get as high set as possible. Because that's what causes The Nemesis and makes the footbag goddess Dexio so angry at you. The higher the dexing foot knee goes, the longer it takes to bring it back to the ground, and the longer it takes to make the switch of which foot is in the air, resulting in a hasty Butterfly, or The Double Down. With a sensibe set height, where the dexing knee doesn't go too high, there's time for faster footwork.

It's easy to compare Stepping and Furious set, as they are so similar. Stepping Far Legover and Ripwalk don't need a very good set, so they're easy to start with on learning the Stepping set. When one can hit Blur they got the hang of the footwork. It's the same with Furious set, when you can hit Fury, you know you're on the right track. And I think such tricks as Genesis or Barraging ss Whirl are the milestone where you can say you've learned to do Furious right.

Something that works for all double dexes is that you really push the dexes down, to get them clean and the footwork faster. It doesn't mean you slam your foot down with all your might, just that you don't let gravity do all the work. Sometimes I still need to think about pushing down when my Furious feels rusty.

Hopefully someone will find this helpful.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 13 Jan 2014 11:08

Hey ....
I'm glad your doing this ....
I'm in and need this ...I'm curious what the next three steps in the training program are ...
Starting today .... Thank you
Also ... I hereby invite you to party with me and stay at my house in New Orleans for the foot bag jam April 12th.... I'm not sure if you have wings or not :D but you should come ..... Lots of food and culture and beer and more beer and music and footbag
SHRED HARD!

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Old and new videos

Post by Anz » 15 Jan 2014 11:16

Old And New Videos

I was going through my video archive on footbag.org and uploaded a couple of my old shred videos on YouTube. I thought I'd do some analysing of my own game. There's three videos, all three years apart, so it should give a pretty good glance on how I'm doing.

All of the videos are similar on the way that they're filmed on solo session on a longer time span, about a month each. In the first two videos I play in Quantums and in the last video in Lavers.

2007: "Back From The Dead"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFK8nuhHsXs[/youtube]
Highlights:
-Montage, Pdx Delusion, Atomic Barrage, Torch'r'Rack
-Stepping Whirl > Reaper bsos, Janiwalker > Spanishfly bsos
-Blurry Whirl *4 > PS Whirl *4
-Beast (Whirlygig > Mullet > Ducking Torque)

I was still in the military during the time I filmed this. I used my spare time on weekend vacations to film. I might have been a little rusty from not being able to play as much as I had wanted, but the video shows my level pretty well. I remember the Beast being the first Beast I hit that didn't have only Whirl-based tricks. I had hit a Beast for the first time the previous year.

My style in this video is pretty crude. I intentionally kept my hands in fists, and my game is quite rushed at times. I had had knee pains since 2005, and they still hadn't gone away, although not playing so often in the army had let my knees heal a bit.

2010: "Only a Plank Between One and Perdition"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZxNwx9Fb8[/youtube]
Highlights:
-Nuclear Torque
-Marius > Double Blender, Montage > Alpine Marius, Genesis > Genesis
-Diving Drifter > Ducking Drifter > rpt, Superfly > Whirr > Ripstein > rpt, Whirring Swirl > Janiwalker > rpt
-Double Down Beast (Nemesis > Alpine Blurriest > Ducking Superfly), 5 Beastly (Blurry Ducking Whirl > Whirlygig > WW > Mullet > Spender)

Even from just reading the highlights you can instantly tell I had come quite a long way in three years, which someone else must have noticed too, because I had been bapped the previous year. I had been playing a lot in 2009 and 2010, so I was in a good shape. I remember being particularly proud of hitting a Paradox-free Beast and the Diving > Ducking Drifter drill (which I still haven't seen anyone else hit).

I had worked on my technique and style quite a lot, which I think shows. My game doesn't look so rushed as in the previous video. Fixing my form had got rid of the knee pains almost completely, so I didn't have to hold myself back much anymore.

2013: "Classical Gas"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXeRFrEsDkQ[/youtube]
Highlights:
-Clownface, Superdeeduperfly, Bubba Pdx Mirage
-Double Fairy Legover > Chainsaw Massacre, Spinning Reaper > Triple ATW (o-i), Nemesis > Blurriest Swirl, Flurricane > Symp Tapping Flail
-8 contacts 3dex Fearless, TOD > Triage > rpt, Enerrage *6, Janiwalker *10
-3dex Beast (Genesis > Alpine Blurriest > Locomotion), five unique Beasts

This footage is only half a year old, now that I'm writing this. I planned this video quite carefully, so it's almost nothing but highlights. Yet the difference in improvement between this and the previous one is smaller in comparison to the previous and the first video. The better you get, the slower you get better I guess. Then again I hadn't been practicing as much in comparison as in 2010, but I was in a decent shape at the time I filmed this footage. I was particularly happy to hit Triple Over Down > Triage > rpt, which I hadn't hit before, unlike some had thought - I had got up to three contacts two years earlier, but never pushed for the whole combo.

I hadn't really worked a lot on aything particular in 2012 and 2013, but my active trick selection might have gotten wider than what it was around 2010.

Looking at my general game I think the biggest developement is in my overall control, which shows in the density of my runs. Doing a Genuine run (no Butterfly, no Osis) in the first video means quite a lot of 'lame' dexless tricks, like Ducking Clipper and Spinning Clipper. In the second video I do less dexless tricks and more intense links, 2dex and 3dex tricks. The newest video doesn't offer a very good perspective in my casual shred, but neither does it have many bails or dexless tricks.
Nowadays I try to mainly just do dense runs when I'm playing in circle. And I don't try to make runs longer by adding easier sections. I don't know if I'll continue on this path or not.

It'll be interesting to see my highlights footage after another three years, in 2016. The chances are that the upgrade is even smaller than between 2010 and 2013, which is not very motivating. But it's hard to even think about something that would noticeably top the last videos highlights. It's hard to even keep my active trick selection as wide as it is now, so learning new stuff gets harder and harder. On the other hand I'll turn 29 in 2016, which is pretty much the age men are physically in the best shape.
We shall see.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Jan 2014 14:34

Really enjoyed that post. It's weird, I clearly remember the first and last videos when they came out, but I somehow missed the 2010 one?!? I recognized the genesis x2 from Jay's avatar, but don't think I'd seen the actual vid it was from.

I like your attitude for when you are 29. When I was approaching my late 20s, I was pessimistic that I'd be able to continue playing at the level I wanted, since there were very few players who even lasted til their late 20s. As it turned out, my game improved as I crossed the threshold into my 30s. I hope you have a similar experience as well. Based on your training, I'm confident you will.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Jan 2014 19:25

That was a cool 3 year increment shred video time line. Made me think a lot about my game. Thanks for the insight. You've come a long way. Hope to go along a similar path as you in my future footbag years. Very inspirational. Thanks man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Jan 2014 16:54

Incredible post, Anssi

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 21 Jan 2014 00:24

I finished the six sessions of the training program. Went through the final session last Saturday. Single tricks were the last items on the list on that session, so I took some extra tries on Delusional and Symp Fissioning to finally hit something out of the sets. So I squeezed out of both sets the easiest component: ss Pickup. It's cheap, but it's a start. At least a start on Symp Fissioning. I'm not sure if I continue practicing Delusional.

That training program was qute tough of my feet. Mostly because of the concrete surface that I play on (it was featured in a couple videos in the Christmas calendar). I'd like to start another training program and get it over with as soon as possible, but I either need to play somewhere else (like a sports hall) or get a mat down in the basement.

Right now I'm taking a few days off and do some cross training instead - maybe some freestyle football, because it's not so rough on the shin splints.

I think cross training is important for footbag players who'd like to even call themselves athletes. It doesn't necessarily mean going to the gym and doing the Golden Six three times a week. But building up your core muscle strenght definetly has a positive effect on footbag. I would argue on if gaining muscle mass has benefits, since it increases your body weight too. There are no top level shredders who are just outrageously bulk, but there are many good skinny players.

The effects on plain jogging on footbag are also hard to determine. Footbag already is pretty good aerobic exercise, it's intensive with varying intervals. But basic endurance training is done with low pulse, so jogging could have a positive effect on building up the basic endurance, especailly for players who don't have a sporty background.

I'll probably make a more detailed blog entry on my cross training at some point.

New tricks: Delusional ss Pickup, Symp Furious Tapping Pickup

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Jan 2014 00:38

I was just wondering when you would post some highlights and remembered you were doing a tranining porgram. Props on the tricks champ!